AQ Bracket Issue [Resolved: Compensation Given]

12223242628

Comments

  • CFreeCFree Posts: 491 ★★
    DrZola wrote: »
    CFree wrote: »
    JRock808 wrote: »
    The fact they haven’t said they are reviewing it scares me.. or doesn’t surprise me. The customer service here is the absolute worst.
    Lol. What does “under investigation” in the title mean?

    “Under investigation” means that at some point the game team decided this was a legitimate issue and set out to look at what kind of solution was warranted. It does not necessarily mean it is still actively under investigation.

    The issue that is still being discussed is why Kabam issued an ambiguous notice re: the current botched AQ week, then refused to respond to the questions that came almost immediately thereafter about what “free to run...if they do choose” meant until well after AQ had started. That led a fair number of alliances to think that this week was a “free” week of AQ for purposes of placement (consistent with similar past botched AQ weeks), and they’ve continued to express their anger after the game team announced belatedly that this AQ week wasn’t, in fact, “free.”

    It’s as simple as that.

    Are you new to the forums @CFree? I can’t tell whether you’re having a hard time following the discussion or just trying to be provocative. My suggestion is to go back toward the start of the thread and try to catch up.

    Dr. Zola

    I understand quite well what is going on, I just don’t agree with certain points. It’s as simple as that.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    IJsmuts wrote: »
    I just checked out the VP of Kabam Customer Service on Linkedin and his profile says the heart of every company is their customer.... We should be ok now 😂😜

    lol, welcome to the land of lip service in lieu of actual service.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 8,408 Guardian
    IJsmuts wrote: »
    I just checked out the VP of Kabam Customer Service on Linkedin and his profile says the heart of every company is their customer.... We should be ok now 😂😜

    Heart disease is the leading cause of death in the United States.
  • AerialFollyAerialFolly Posts: 104
    Disagree with that one. Some people just try to clarify. This community is about people communicating as well. Not just a one-way conversation with Moderation. Some comments may be unclear or ambiguous, but when assumptions are made and decisions made based on those assumptions, such as not running the best Maps because the assumption is made it won't matter, it's worth pointing out that it wasn't said anywhere that it wouldn't count. A lot can be open to interpretation, but that's a double-edged sword because there are times where a comment means exactly what it means, and it's being expanded too much. If someone tells me, for example, I'm free to run AQ, that means it's a GO. It doesn't mean that my progress doesn't account for something, I will get something despite foregoing it, or a pluthera of other angles. Helping clarify comments is not the issue. It's the amount that people scrutinize every comment, to the point of over analyzing.

    Nope wrong. It was stated that it was all open. And after multiple asks towards the mods about clarification it fell on deaf ears. So the community did what was best.
    Once again you side with the overlord attitude against the community. You have lost all validation.

    Kabam Mods are to blame for this fiasco. Any other thought is ignorant and wrong and should be taken as such.





    Mods you need to fix this issue YOU created.
  • AerialFollyAerialFolly Posts: 104
    Run477 wrote: »
    Disagree with that one. Some people just try to clarify. This community is about people communicating as well. Not just a one-way conversation with Moderation. Some comments may be unclear or ambiguous, but when assumptions are made and decisions made based on those assumptions, such as not running the best Maps because the assumption is made it won't matter, it's worth pointing out that it wasn't said anywhere that it wouldn't count. A lot can be open to interpretation, but that's a double-edged sword because there are times where a comment means exactly what it means, and it's being expanded too much. If someone tells me, for example, I'm free to run AQ, that means it's a GO. It doesn't mean that my progress doesn't account for something, I will get something despite foregoing it, or a pluthera of other angles. Helping clarify comments is not the issue. It's the amount that people scrutinize every comment, to the point of over analyzing.

    I have seen you make numerous comments on threads about what kabam supposedly said or when things will be fixed, only for it to be completely wrong. I think you should, of all people, stop trying to “clarify” kabam comments and let the actual mods speak for themselves.

    Actually, I've been pretty consistent with clarifying statements. As for the actions they would take, I'm not responsible for that. The only thing I said was in the past, they have given the previous week's earnings, so it was a possibility. I never said it was certain because that's not my choice. I'm not responsible for people not running it, and in fact I never commented on it until after the news came out about how they will handle it. You also have to consider the fact that there was an outage last week, so they can't really go by that. At what point do we stop pointing the finger and take responsibility for our choices?

    I do wish you had thrown your opinion out there earlier. What good is you helping people understand these things if you don't comment until well after the fact? As the person with the most posts and outspoken views you could have been a voice for good and maybe convinced a few more people to avoid this problem. You waited longer than the mods for a change.

    Actually, I thought about saying it's probably best to run through as usual and they'll sort it out, but a) people rarely listen regardless, and b) anything you say can and will be held against you in a Court of Kangaroo.

    Really. I find that hard to believe. Actually I don’t find it hard. I don’t believe anything you say.

    You’ve cried wolf too many times to ever have validity.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 20,431 ★★★★★
    Are you capable of contributing to a conversation without seeking me out and contradicting me, or is it a pastime for you?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 20,431 ★★★★★
    edited July 2018
    As I said before, I don't agree that it was a miscommunication because I don't believe they even knew what course of action they were going to take at that time. When the Moderator gave the response, it was my understanding it was in response to whether people should proceed or not. It's really that simple for me.
  • Fredhorst23Fredhorst23 Posts: 504 ★★
    As I said before, I don't agree that it was a miscommunication because I don't believe they even knew what course of action they were going to take at that time. When the Moderator gave the response, it was my understanding it was in response to whether people should proceed or not. It's really that simple for me.

    Then his response would summarize as "maybe." In which case it's not a miscommunication of how to proceed. It turns into a miscommunication about what the intention of the message was, if they were in fact saying that our guess was as good as theirs. In that instance the correct post is more in the way of "We don't know how this will work so we can't tell you if the map you run today matters." Many groups understood the message to be guidance on what was happening and if everything was normal, given there were weird circumstances. Did you ever come up with a theory of why a mod didn't respond to the 2 days of requests for clarification?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 20,431 ★★★★★
    edited July 2018
    Maybe what? People didn't know if they should play through or not. That's what the Mod got clarification on. If there's no more information to offer in terms of how they were going to handle it, there's nothing else to say. Which further supports my theory. It was the weekend, they were occupied with other things, and there really wasn't a solution to be offered until Monday when the full team discussed it. In the meantime, people were given the Greenlight to play through it as it was. Now, we can go on and on about what was said and what wasn't said, but if there were no more answers to give, you can't hold the Mod responsible for not having it to offer. What are we discussing here? Communication when there was nothing further to communicate. What's the real issue? Was it that they had other things on their plate and didn't have a solution? Was it the fact that people didn't know what to do and made some decisions? Was it the so-called miscommuncation? Was it the Rewards they could have earned? All of it is really moot because they came up with a solution that, in my opinion, best suits what they had to work with. Rather than throw out what people put in, or give Rewards out like Oprah, they're giving full Milestones to compensate and giving Rank Rewards in an appropriate Bracket, the same way AQ runs. That's not unfair. You get what you put in, plus Milestones whether you hit them or not. What could have been, but wasn't fought for, really doesn't matter. In fact, I'd be more concerned if people were given Compensation PLUS hypothetical Rewards on what they WOULD have run. The bottom line is, there is no such thing as perfect. Neither solution nor communication. As for the delayed response, that's not necessarily the fault of the Mod. The information was passed along. They were likely waiting for a response. Given the current climate, there were other things to be done. The game is literally melting some devices and here we are debating what should have, could have, would have.
  • Fredhorst23Fredhorst23 Posts: 504 ★★
    Maybe what? People didn't know if they should play through or not. That's what the Mod got clarification on. If there's no more information to offer in terms of how they were going to handle it, there's nothing else to say. Which further supports my theory. It was the weekend, they were occupied with other things, and there really wasn't a solution to be offered until Monday when the full team discussed it. In the meantime, people were given the Greenlight to play through it as it was. Now, we can go on and on about what was said and what wasn't said, but if there were no more answers to give, you can't hold the Mod responsible for not having it to offer. What are we discussing here? Communication when there was nothing further to communicate. What's the real issue? Was it that they had other things on their plate and didn't have a solution? Was it the fact that people didn't know what to do and made some decisions? Was it the so-called miscommuncation? Was it the Rewards they could have earned? All of it is really moot because they came up with a solution that, in my opinion, best suits what they had to work with. Rather than throw out what people put in, or give Rewards out like Oprah, they're giving full Milestones to compensate and giving Rank Rewards in an appropriate Bracket, the same way AQ runs. That's not unfair. You get what you put in, plus Milestones whether you hit them or not. What could have been, but wasn't fought for, really doesn't matter. In fact, I'd be more concerned if people were given Compensation PLUS hypothetical Rewards on what they WOULD have run. The bottom line is, there is no such thing as perfect. Neither solution nor communication. As for the delayed response, that's not necessarily the fault of the Mod. The information was passed along. They were likely waiting for a response. Given the current climate, there were other things to be done. The game is literally melting some devices and here we are debating what should have, could have, would have.

    Why what else have you got going on? I know I'm free but don't let us keep you. How long does it take to write " we literally have no idea what will happen. We can't give you advice or promises." Took me like 10 seconds. And that's while getting all my work done for the day. If you think the communication was clear and thorough then there's no reason in you. If you think they should have gone 2 days in silence with 700 posts asking for them to help then there's no empathy in you.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 4,956 ★★★★★
    As I said before, I don't agree that it was a miscommunication because I don't believe they even knew what course of action they were going to take at that time. When the Moderator gave the response, it was my understanding it was in response to whether people should proceed or not. It's really that simple for me.

    If they didn't know what course of action they were going to take then obviously it was miscommunication. They could have told us to keep running our normal maps to play it safe. They could have said we don't know what we are going to do yet and left it at that. They could have clarified after pages of posts asking for clarification. Given how many people were confused or made the wrong decision based on that communication, by freaking definition it was miscommunication and miscommunication which could have been fixed with one simple reply. So while you are free to disagree, you are objectively wrong. You may want to look up the definition of miscommunication.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 20,431 ★★★★★
    As I said before, I don't agree that it was a miscommunication because I don't believe they even knew what course of action they were going to take at that time. When the Moderator gave the response, it was my understanding it was in response to whether people should proceed or not. It's really that simple for me.

    If they didn't know what course of action they were going to take then obviously it was miscommunication. They could have told us to keep running our normal maps to play it safe. They could have said we don't know what we are going to do yet and left it at that. They could have clarified after pages of posts asking for clarification. Given how many people were confused or made the wrong decision based on that communication, by freaking definition it was miscommunication and miscommunication which could have been fixed with one simple reply. So while you are free to disagree, you are objectively wrong. You may want to look up the definition of miscommunication.

    There's a big difference between miscommunication and having nothing else to say.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 20,431 ★★★★★
    Maybe what? People didn't know if they should play through or not. That's what the Mod got clarification on. If there's no more information to offer in terms of how they were going to handle it, there's nothing else to say. Which further supports my theory. It was the weekend, they were occupied with other things, and there really wasn't a solution to be offered until Monday when the full team discussed it. In the meantime, people were given the Greenlight to play through it as it was. Now, we can go on and on about what was said and what wasn't said, but if there were no more answers to give, you can't hold the Mod responsible for not having it to offer. What are we discussing here? Communication when there was nothing further to communicate. What's the real issue? Was it that they had other things on their plate and didn't have a solution? Was it the fact that people didn't know what to do and made some decisions? Was it the so-called miscommuncation? Was it the Rewards they could have earned? All of it is really moot because they came up with a solution that, in my opinion, best suits what they had to work with. Rather than throw out what people put in, or give Rewards out like Oprah, they're giving full Milestones to compensate and giving Rank Rewards in an appropriate Bracket, the same way AQ runs. That's not unfair. You get what you put in, plus Milestones whether you hit them or not. What could have been, but wasn't fought for, really doesn't matter. In fact, I'd be more concerned if people were given Compensation PLUS hypothetical Rewards on what they WOULD have run. The bottom line is, there is no such thing as perfect. Neither solution nor communication. As for the delayed response, that's not necessarily the fault of the Mod. The information was passed along. They were likely waiting for a response. Given the current climate, there were other things to be done. The game is literally melting some devices and here we are debating what should have, could have, would have.

    Why what else have you got going on? I know I'm free but don't let us keep you. How long does it take to write " we literally have no idea what will happen. We can't give you advice or promises." Took me like 10 seconds. And that's while getting all my work done for the day. If you think the communication was clear and thorough then there's no reason in you. If you think they should have gone 2 days in silence with 700 posts asking for them to help then there's no empathy in you.

    It wasn't 2 days in silence. They said they're investigating it and they would give updates when they had more information to share. There wasn't any information to share. Not that hard to understand.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 4,956 ★★★★★
    If they had said nothing at all it would have been better.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 4,956 ★★★★★
    edited July 2018
    Maybe what? People didn't know if they should play through or not. That's what the Mod got clarification on. If there's no more information to offer in terms of how they were going to handle it, there's nothing else to say. Which further supports my theory. It was the weekend, they were occupied with other things, and there really wasn't a solution to be offered until Monday when the full team discussed it. In the meantime, people were given the Greenlight to play through it as it was. Now, we can go on and on about what was said and what wasn't said, but if there were no more answers to give, you can't hold the Mod responsible for not having it to offer. What are we discussing here? Communication when there was nothing further to communicate. What's the real issue? Was it that they had other things on their plate and didn't have a solution? Was it the fact that people didn't know what to do and made some decisions? Was it the so-called miscommuncation? Was it the Rewards they could have earned? All of it is really moot because they came up with a solution that, in my opinion, best suits what they had to work with. Rather than throw out what people put in, or give Rewards out like Oprah, they're giving full Milestones to compensate and giving Rank Rewards in an appropriate Bracket, the same way AQ runs. That's not unfair. You get what you put in, plus Milestones whether you hit them or not. What could have been, but wasn't fought for, really doesn't matter. In fact, I'd be more concerned if people were given Compensation PLUS hypothetical Rewards on what they WOULD have run. The bottom line is, there is no such thing as perfect. Neither solution nor communication. As for the delayed response, that's not necessarily the fault of the Mod. The information was passed along. They were likely waiting for a response. Given the current climate, there were other things to be done. The game is literally melting some devices and here we are debating what should have, could have, would have.

    Why what else have you got going on? I know I'm free but don't let us keep you. How long does it take to write " we literally have no idea what will happen. We can't give you advice or promises." Took me like 10 seconds. And that's while getting all my work done for the day. If you think the communication was clear and thorough then there's no reason in you. If you think they should have gone 2 days in silence with 700 posts asking for them to help then there's no empathy in you.

    It wasn't 2 days in silence. They said they're investigating it and they would give updates when they had more information to share. There wasn't any information to share. Not that hard to understand.

    It was 2 days of silence regarding clarification of the statement. That didn't require new information from the game team. Not that hard to understand.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 4,956 ★★★★★
    They ran Maps 2 and 3 because they chose to under an assumption. Some cases Map 2 because they didn't stop to see what one they were opening.

    Because of an assumption made from sheer stupidity in the face of clear communication, or an assumption made in light of inadequate communication, miscommunication if you will, which was never clarified? You know the answer you just can't bring yourself to admit it. Proper communication doesn't lead to so many false assumptions.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 20,431 ★★★★★
    They ran Maps 2 and 3 because they chose to under an assumption. Some cases Map 2 because they didn't stop to see what one they were opening.

    Because of an assumption made from sheer stupidity in the face of clear communication, or an assumption made in light of inadequate communication, miscommunication if you will, which was never clarified? You know the answer you just can't bring yourself to admit it. Proper communication doesn't lead to so many false assumptions.

    Right. It's always the fault of the game that people make choices based on assumptions.
    -.-
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 4,956 ★★★★★
    They ran Maps 2 and 3 because they chose to under an assumption. Some cases Map 2 because they didn't stop to see what one they were opening.

    Because of an assumption made from sheer stupidity in the face of clear communication, or an assumption made in light of inadequate communication, miscommunication if you will, which was never clarified? You know the answer you just can't bring yourself to admit it. Proper communication doesn't lead to so many false assumptions.

    Right. It's always the fault of the game that people make choices based on assumptions.
    -.-

    Come on man. Ambiguity is a form of miscommunication. If they had said, "in the meantime run AQ as you normally would" there would be no discussion. If they had made the original statement and then responded to dozens of clarification requests with "run it as per usual" there would be no discussion. "Feel free to run it if you so choose" is not adequate. There was no need for people to assume anything if proper communication had been made. There is really no debate here. We received communication which caused a lot of confusion. That's what miscommunication is. For the record, do you @GroundedWisdom believe that Kabam Zibit adequately communicated that we should run AQ as usual?
  • LegendJRGLegendJRG Posts: 39
    They ran Maps 2 and 3 because they chose to under an assumption. Some cases Map 2 because they didn't stop to see what one they were opening.

    Because of an assumption made from sheer stupidity in the face of clear communication, or an assumption made in light of inadequate communication, miscommunication if you will, which was never clarified? You know the answer you just can't bring yourself to admit it. Proper communication doesn't lead to so many false assumptions.

    Right. It's always the fault of the game that people make choices based on assumptions.
    -.-

    Or the fault of the game creators for setting a precedent with previous times and going against it, without communicating a difference. The literal definition of a miscommunication, if we don’t follow patterns of behavior then it would be impossible to do anything without direct instruction. Kabam had previously applied the previous weeks ranks when this kind of thing happened, this time they didn’t and failed to communicate the change leading to incorrect maps being started. Not hard to follow the logic there.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 20,431 ★★★★★
    edited July 2018
    They ran Maps 2 and 3 because they chose to under an assumption. Some cases Map 2 because they didn't stop to see what one they were opening.

    Because of an assumption made from sheer stupidity in the face of clear communication, or an assumption made in light of inadequate communication, miscommunication if you will, which was never clarified? You know the answer you just can't bring yourself to admit it. Proper communication doesn't lead to so many false assumptions.

    Right. It's always the fault of the game that people make choices based on assumptions.
    -.-

    Come on man. Ambiguity is a form of miscommunication. If they had said, "in the meantime run AQ as you normally would" there would be no discussion. If they had made the original statement and then responded to dozens of clarification requests with "run it as per usual" there would be no discussion. "Feel free to run it if you so choose" is not adequate. There was no need for people to assume anything if proper communication had been made. There is really no debate here. We received communication which caused a lot of confusion. That's what miscommunication is. For the record, do you @GroundedWisdom believe that Kabam Zibit adequately communicated that we should run AQ as usual?

    Alright, this is relentless. Time to be blunt.

    Who told people it didn't count? Who said to run lower Maps? Who said it was optional and the Rewards don't matter? No one. They said feel free to play if you want. All this is turning into is working a bloody angle over a comment, just because people assumed it didn't matter. No one said it doesn't count, and they shouldn't have to explain in great detail what you should and should not run, when they didn't even likely know how they were going to address it at the time. How can the Mod clarify if they don't know what is going to happen or not? In fact, there have been other times where they told people to feel free, and they played as normal. What people are really upset about is they won't get Top Rewards. Only they didn't play Top Maps. They're getting what they did. Plus ALL Milestones, plus the Milestones they're getting now. That's about as fair as it gets. Not to mention it will be Ranked and scaled according to what people put up. Peace out.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 4,956 ★★★★★
    They ran Maps 2 and 3 because they chose to under an assumption. Some cases Map 2 because they didn't stop to see what one they were opening.

    Because of an assumption made from sheer stupidity in the face of clear communication, or an assumption made in light of inadequate communication, miscommunication if you will, which was never clarified? You know the answer you just can't bring yourself to admit it. Proper communication doesn't lead to so many false assumptions.

    Right. It's always the fault of the game that people make choices based on assumptions.
    -.-

    Come on man. Ambiguity is a form of miscommunication. If they had said, "in the meantime run AQ as you normally would" there would be no discussion. If they had made the original statement and then responded to dozens of clarification requests with "run it as per usual" there would be no discussion. "Feel free to run it if you so choose" is not adequate. There was no need for people to assume anything if proper communication had been made. There is really no debate here. We received communication which caused a lot of confusion. That's what miscommunication is. For the record, do you @GroundedWisdom believe that Kabam Zibit adequately communicated that we should run AQ as usual?

    Alright, this is relentless. Time to be blunt.

    Who told people it didn't count? Who said to run lower Maps? Who said it was optional and the Rewards don't matter? No one. They said feel free to play if you want. All this is turning into is working a bloody angle over a comment, just because people assumed it didn't matter. No one said it doesn't count, and they shouldn't have to explain in great detail what you should and should not run, when they didn't even likely know how they were going to address it at the time. How can the Mod clarify if they don't know what is going to happen or not? In fact, there have been other times where they told people to feel free, and they played as normal. What people are really upset about is they won't get Top Rewards. Only they didn't play Top Maps. They're getting what they did. That's about as fair as it gets. Peace out.

    Answer the question. Stop obfuscating. "How can the Mod clarify if they don't know what is going to happen or not?" What the hell? Pages of posts asking for clarification of WHAT HE MEANT by that statement. That doesn't require more information. Time to be blunt. Answer the question I asked you.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 4,956 ★★★★★
    Did @Kabam Zibiit adequately communicate that we should run AQ as per usual?
This discussion has been closed.