**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Which Mystic should I Invest In Next?

Bryman187Bryman187 Posts: 204
edited July 2018 in Strategy and Tips
Which mystic should I rank up and awaken next?

I already have Dorm at r4. I use him mostly for his L2 power lock(which is what I would use Magik for as well) and double immunity. I have been saving the mystic awakening and class cats for a mystic that offers something a bit different than Dorm(power lock). Whoever I invest in is intended to be my next r4 in the class. I’m only interested in ranking champs for offensive purposes. I don’t have Blade(yet). Any further context please ask. Please feel free to explain your decision as it might help me make mine, thanks.

b6v1nmcr41dq.png
vsbo7ooffhtj.png

Which Mystic should I Invest In Next? 91 votes

Magik
38%
DaMunkCaptain_KandicedanielmathGabbrosAbsimiliardCFreeLoPrestiSpity68DarkZenvg2782buffajrtj4Darkrider05Clintonwalls101Dean9300450buttersGeneralDCMaximus0215Duke_Silverxananabanana 35 votes
Ghost Rider
40%
SMiller80gatra_hpzuffyAsukiraBryman187MaximumCrashHollowbornGAM3RGUYTxAggie17WafflesalldayDERPYREVENGERdrgarbonzowitzWaynedavyAshburnM1k0rinwatchingyousleeLego_Avengers2Crazyjack719MutantWharf8TKS87 37 votes
Keep waiting
20%
KyrazmomTonyStarkphillgreenLitzie13brhooom21Bruce12342DrDeadpoolSunanKuningAustin555555Bruinsfan8510jlamadisonMaldroit2PlagueisBaneBlacksparkV1PER1987SmashSpeedyneithanEsketit420Manojcr7 19 votes

Comments

• phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,645 ★★★★★
    Keep waiting
    I suspect most will say wait for Voodoo.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    I've been told GR has great utility, but I've never used him aside from my 3* in arenas.
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    edited July 2018
    Keep waiting
    Wait for voodoo, you won’t regret it
  • WaynedavyWaynedavy Posts: 193
    Ghost Rider
    GR. He is good or great unawakened but awakened he is way better. I have heard others say not to use the gem in him but imo... he not only gains fury but you can extend bleed or fair seal or regen way longer with the extra judgment. Used right his awakened ability makes him extremely better
  • Bryman187Bryman187 Posts: 204
    Ghost Rider
    Waynedavy wrote: »
    GR. He is good or great unawakened but awakened he is way better. I have heard others say not to use the gem in him but imo... he not only gains fury but you can extend bleed or fair seal or regen way longer with the extra judgment. Used right his awakened ability makes him extremely better

I’ve heard that argument as well. Definitely a point worth taking into consideration. Especially if I pull Blade. Thanks.
    Ghost Rider
    Would really appreciate as much participation as possible, thanks.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Keep waiting
    Wait for Voodoo or Morningstar
  • sbb75sbb75 Posts: 208
    You should definitely use your Cats on GR up to r4 with or without gem.
    If you’re saving gem for DV don’t short yourself by not ranking one of the game best.
    Magik also... but sounds like you’re good with Dmoos power lock
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★
    Magik
    Magik is the best out of those, not sure why people say voodoo (wouldn't even consider him). Or wait for MS
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    Voodoo is the #1 champ in my lineup right now (R4 5*, Sig 50). He's an absolute beast, but worthless without being awakened.

Magik and GR don't need the gem to still be killer at R4.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Keep waiting
    danielmath wrote: »
    Magik is the best out of those, not sure why people say voodoo (wouldn't even consider him). Or wait for MS

Umm because DV is amazing and worth a gem over GR and Magik? Magik only needs her sig if she’s on defense.
    Ghost Rider
    Great stuff. Thanks. Please keep it coming.
  • zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,108 ★★★★★
    Ghost Rider
    GR. I used my gem on him and my first 5/65. He is the king of questing with all his utilities - bleed immune, one of the best regen in the game, fate seal, power lock, power drain, insane bleed if you start the fury judgement and then do the bleed judgement.
  • BlacksparkBlackspark Posts: 24
    Keep waiting
    Wait for Voodoo... I myself don't have him, and I have an unawakened GR at R3....GR doubltessly benefits from the awakening, more than people give him credit for, but nowhere as much as voodoo
  • BlacksparkBlackspark Posts: 24
    Keep waiting
    Unduped, voodoo is a questionable r3....but duped, he's a worthy r4
    GR, on the other hand....hes a worthy r4 duped or unduped

So I think you have to save it for Voodoo.... but if you can, I suggest you rank up that GR ...he's much better than voodoo IMO
    Ghost Rider
    Maybe I should clarify. The question isn’t just who to use the gem on, it’s who do I Invest in next. That’s why I also mentioned cats in the description. That includes ranking up and progressing towards r4. The gem was just an additional thing to consider when giving you’re answers. The opinions have been really interesting so far. Thank you and please keep them coming.
  • DERPYREVENGERDERPYREVENGER Posts: 265
    Ghost Rider
    IMO, DV needs the gem.
    Also, magic is hilariously overrated and I doubt that I would even take her to R3 as a 5 star when I get her lol. Dormammu, GR, DV, SW are all better than Magik
  • zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,108 ★★★★★
    Ghost Rider
    No way Magik is overrated. With MD5, her L2 is one of the best power lock in the game. VD’s power burn/power drain doesn’t even come close. Her limbo is useful in offense too. Saved me a few times from a mistake or getting degen.
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★
    Magik
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    danielmath wrote: »

Umm because DV is amazing and worth a gem over GR and Magik? Magik only needs her sig if she’s on defense.

He's not worth it over GR or magik or MS, and if you wanna fight war bosses with magik (she's maybe the best for it) she has to be awakened.
    Ghost Rider
    Man this is all over the place. Didn’t expect so much polarization. Going to take a lot more votes to get a clear winner here.
  • M1k0rinM1k0rin Posts: 605 ★★
    Ghost Rider
    Ghost rider. With him, i can survive longer in AQ with his regen ability
  • KyrazmomKyrazmom Posts: 159
    Keep waiting
    I would wait for DV. He is a beast and needs to be awakened to be in beast mode. I’ve been saving my gem for him for what feels like eons! I don’t like GR unless he has the synergy with Blade. He rarely places judgements without him and in that case he’s only good for long fights.
  • TKS87TKS87 Posts: 375 ★★★
    Ghost Rider
    If you really want to get another mystic ranked up right now, personally I'd say rank GR but don't necessarily use the gem on him. Imo, GR does benefit from the awakening more than a lot of people give him credit for (someone else said the same thing above about extending the time of other judgments with it as well). However, at the same time he doesn't need it to be great. Whereas some other champs (namely voodoo) most certainly do need to be awakened.

I've always played that you need to work with what you've got. If/when you take GR up, maybe that would be the time to consider using the gem on him if you still don't have any others viable of using it on. The problem with waiting for champs, imo, is that you could be waiting forever to pull a champ that you want to use resources on, while there are others in your roster that can benefit from items that can help you power through content to get even more upgrade items.

I also vote for GR over magik, because you've already got the power control through dorm. GR isn't necessarily the best at anything,but he brings a lot to the table.
  • crystaldsmithcrystaldsmith Posts: 471 ★★
    Gully awakened is pretty dope. She can Regen health based on damage inflicted. Her sp 2 cause reverse healing. She hits hard and does great if your critical hit masteries are set high. She has a long reach which is a very nice advantage. Her heavy has the longest reach in the game of all the champs I believe. She's my favorite mystic but keep in mind I do not have GR or Majik. She's very underrated, though.
  • LoPrestiLoPresti Posts: 1,035 ★★★
    edited July 2018
    Magik
    Magik. Even though you have Dormammu, his damage is really weak. Magik has the benefit of power locking with SP2 while also dishing out some decent damage (limbo damage adds up). This makes her an amazing boss killer in AW, something that Dormammu can't do because he often just times out and makes you lose attack bonus. And she can also take on bleed/poison nodes due to Limbo healing.

Could also wait for Voodoo, if AW boss killing is not your main focus and you can clear your path easily. Voodoo is amazing for all content except LOL. Imo he is the best Mystic champ and NEEDS his awakening to be worth anything.

I wouldn't rank Ghost Rider without Blade, he's pretty meh without his synergy. There's nothing more frustrating then throwing an SP2 hoping for power drain and then not getting it. Or needing a heal badly and spamming heavy, and not getting it while you die to block damage.

Guilly is cool, but her utility is limited. And if you need someone to deal with healing then you would take someone more consistent like Void, Doc Ock, Archangel, etc.
    edited July 2018
    Ghost Rider
    LoPresti wrote: »
    Magik. Even though you have Dormammu, his damage is really weak. Magik has the benefit of power locking with SP2 while also dishing out some decent damage (limbo damage adds up). This makes her an amazing boss killer in AW, something that Dormammu can't do because he often just times out and makes you lose attack bonus. And she can also take on bleed/poison nodes due to Limbo healing.

People who say Dorm is weak must not be using him correctly imo. If you use his heavy attack(soul bond/dark energy) you can do huge chunks of damage just by charging it with combos you were going to throw anyway. I’ve never had any issue with his damage output, but thank you for your opinion.