**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Node 30 mini boss high tier wars

Can someone give me a viable counter to an Hyperion on that node. Every war so far I’m just throwing money at that node and it’s a load of ****.

Comments

• Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Which node is 30? I don’t have a war active at the moment so I can’t check, but unless it’s debiff immune magik is always a great option
  • JC_JC_ Posts: 517 ★★★
    If you have a Modok that doesn’t have to go on defense then I think he’s the best option for hype. Keeps him below two bars almost all the time.
    On a miniboss node he modok would die so fast with low block proficiency
  • JC_JC_ Posts: 517 ★★★
    @Lvernon15 yes, if you parry. But really hype is one of the easiest champs to intercept IMO.
  • Knicks235Knicks235 Posts: 19
    The node is 300% cornered,feats of power,aspect of evolution,power start 1,and masochism. And of course 200% attack and health and 300% health boost
  • Goose_81Goose_81 Posts: 111
    I was wondering the same, who is a good counter to Hype on this node? Last war we faced a R4 5* Hype, I backed up one of my alliance members who was struggling. I used an R4 5* Magik, Hype was at 50% health when I went in and it took almost the whole 3 minutes and 132 just to take him down. Even if I avoided parrying him Magik's L2 kept triggering the Masochism.
    edited July 2018
    Kabam needs to adjust this some because I understand that they making war harder but still needs to be able to be defeated with multiple champs
    I’d say scarlet witch dv are good options, otherwise throw on an invulnerability boost and get him down quick with a damage dealer
  • Leo_ruLeo_ru Posts: 93
    Starly and Void
  • PlagueisBanePlagueisBane Posts: 232
    edited July 2018
    wait till you face a 5* R5 duped magik on that node.... :'( .
  • the point imo people is that kabam doesnt want you to 100% the map, so high tier alliances should change their views on doing 100% every single time ... personally i would make it even harder for some nodes just so we cant do 100% so it's not expected
  • Goose_81Goose_81 Posts: 111
    Leo_ru wrote: »
    Starly and Void

I wondered about Void, but was not sure he could get the debuffs applied fast enough. Wouldn't the masochism prevent him from landing most of these debuffs? Also, wouldn't he trigger the 300% power gain from cornered when he does apply the first debuff (not sure if it they count as a DOT effect)? I know after a while he can reverse the power gain, but Hype would gain power like crazy at first.
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    Ms would be good
  • SegalionSegalion Posts: 43
    I had the same problem Last war. I dont have A defenitive answer yet but i decided to take my 6* hood from defense so i can use him in attack. The stagger is considered A passive debuff that is not A DOT effect (tried it in 5.2.4 to verify it doesnt Trigger masochism) so i hope it can handle the power gain
    Leo_ru wrote: »
    Starly and Void

Void does not work what so ever and stark will do some damage but hype continues to gain power faster and faster because of the node so eventually u will die regardless

• ArcDeAngelusArcDeAngelus Posts: 209
    Void does indeed work, you've just got to parry a lot so your own debuffs aren't ones triggering Maso, and Voids debuffs do not trigger cornered because it's not the debuffs applying DOT it's Void. Sparky has been my main choice for that node, build poise charges and he runs over them. That is in T2
    I’ve tried my void and hype just gains power to fast and same with stark u can build up but then u are forced to stop every second since u have to bait special
  • Oswaldo72383Oswaldo72383 Posts: 249
    Voodoo
  • ŁŤÇŁŤÇ Posts: 350 ★★★
    Who would be a good answer for a Mephisto on node 30?
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    ŁŤÇ wrote: »
    Who would be a good answer for a Mephisto on node 30?

Blade probably... Don't parry, don't use specials
    Well, he wasn't as effective as I thought he'd be...

Blade probably... Don't parry, don't use specials[/quote]

• WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    ŁŤÇ wrote: »
    Well, he wasn't as effective as I thought he'd be...

Blade probably... Don't parry, don't use specials

[/quote]

There really aren't a lot of good options... Blade is really the best against Mephisto I would think.
    I tried Void, but the DOT gave him an sp2 so fast.
  • RJ03RJ03 Posts: 67
    the point imo people is that kabam doesnt want you to 100% the map, so high tier alliances should change their views on doing 100% every single time ... personally i would make it even harder for some nodes just so we cant do 100% so it's not expected

you really think that? high tiers will allways do 100% no matter what... and if you die a lot, your out.. simple... the problem is that this node is too buffed... i understand some hard on this.. but harder then the other mini boss's and boss? really?...
    RJ03 wrote: »
    the point imo people is that kabam doesnt want you to 100% the map, so high tier alliances should change their views on doing 100% every single time ... personally i would make it even harder for some nodes just so we cant do 100% so it's not expected

you really think that? high tiers will allways do 100% no matter what... and if you die a lot, your out.. simple... the problem is that this node is too buffed... i understand some hard on this.. but harder then the other mini boss's and boss? really?...

It's easily harder than a mini-boss
  • RJ03RJ03 Posts: 67
    edited July 2018
    Haji_Saab wrote: »
    Haven't faced it yet so can't comment on the difficulty of it .... but just want to touch on that 100% comment.

That node is sitting at a place where you HAVE to pass, there is no way to go behind it. So, it isn't like those slashed tires nodes in early AW where you can skip it and still take out boss.

yap.. so of course high tier aliances will force and make 100%... this is not forcing to not making 100%.. its more force to spend more on such bs node... its fun to get harder/challenging fights.. but its not fun if you make like impossible to pass it without spending... or pass without spend but you must have 1 specific champ (in a list of 100 available...)
  • spaceoctopusspaceoctopus Posts: 1,111 ★★★
    Goose_81 wrote: »
    I was wondering the same, who is a good counter to Hype on this node? Last war we faced a R4 5* Hype, I backed up one of my alliance members who was struggling. I used an R4 5* Magik, Hype was at 50% health when I went in and it took almost the whole 3 minutes and 132 just to take him down. Even if I avoided parrying him Magik's L2 kept triggering the Masochism.

Doc ock?
  • BurroBurro Posts: 82
    Sabretooth, with the KM/BPCW synergy, is one of the best options for this node. Just don’t use his specials as they cause bleed which procs cornered. If it’s a Mephisto, Void is the best option followed closely by Gulk. I’ve used Sabretooth against KM and KP and both were easy 1 shots. Also 1 shot Mephisto with Void and it was one of the easiest AW fights I’ve had. I’m about to take a r4 sig 127 Magik and debating between using Void or Sabretooth. Gulk would have probably been a better option, however I needed Void for a r4 IMIW on the next node.