**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Temperature Testing & photos

So I decided to toss my iPad and iPhone in and put them at risk a little for the sake of science.

Upon getting into the game my phone shto from room temp around 90 degrees

7b7410exbm4c.jpeg

I collected my daily crystals, and started running heroic with just the AI fighting for me.

I was able to play for about 10 minutes and got s low battery...phone had hit 108.5 so I plugged it in to finish testing.

yspd032mo1js.jpeg

After a little more testing I stopped at 113 degrees, I could have kept going for the sake of science, but I felt the idea has been driven home.

g7dupgvv2rud.jpeg

iPhone 7+
IOS 12 Beta 2
128GB
WiFi and Cellular

Tested temperature with a Klein Tools mm600 with a temperature probe, it usually runs a couple degrees cooler however. A laser temp would be more accurate. For you techs guys out there, maybe you can post your results here.

I ran the same test on my iPad Air, running iOS12 Beta as well. It had better heat dissipation and I stopped when it got to 110 degrees. Hope this helps a little.

Comments

• IrohrIrohr Posts: 254 ★★
    Yo let me get that Klein. I need a new multimeter for work lol.
  • MN2HughesMN2Hughes Posts: 21
    Irohr wrote: »
    Yo let me get that Klein. I need a new multimeter for work lol.

I borrowed this one from work, I’ve got a nice fluke but I don’t have the temp probe for it lol
  • SRArch_SAI21SRArch_SAI21 Posts: 89
    MN2Hughes wrote: »
    So I decided to toss my iPad and iPhone in and put them at risk a little for the sake of science.

7b7410exbm4c.jpeg

I collected my daily crystals, and started running heroic with just the AI fighting for me.

I was able to play for about 10 minutes and got s low battery...phone had hit 108.5 so I plugged it in to finish testing.

yspd032mo1js.jpeg

After a little more testing I stopped at 113 degrees, I could have kept going for the sake of science, but I felt the idea has been driven home.

g7dupgvv2rud.jpeg

iPhone 7+
    IOS 12 Beta 2
    128GB
    WiFi and Cellular

Tested temperature with a Klein Tools mm600 with a temperature probe, it usually runs a couple degrees cooler however. A laser temp would be more accurate. For you techs guys out there, maybe you can post your results here.

I ran the same test on my iPad Air, running iOS12 Beta as well. It had better heat dissipation and I stopped when it got to 110 degrees. Hope this helps a little.

Good stats , kabam please see this , is this in Celsius or Fahrenheit

7b7410exbm4c.jpeg

yspd032mo1js.jpeg

g7dupgvv2rud.jpeg

iPhone 7+
    IOS 12 Beta 2
    128GB
    WiFi and Cellular

Temperature is in Fahrenheit
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    As cool as this experiment is, IMO it's a moot point to illustrate the phone heats up. That ship has sailed.

Kabam is not disputing there is a problem and have been investigating a fix for almost a week. They're even putting out a Beta test to see what can be done. The OP is back on step one of the bug reporting phase and the devs have long since moved on to fixing it.

However, if the OP was doing temp checks during the Beta fix, it would be another story...
    ofs4bacc54kz.png

I stopped at 113 degrees because it falls under apples technical specifications but it would have continued to rise in temperature had I continued to play and then would have shut itself down.
  • OmniOmni Posts: 574 ★★★

7b7410exbm4c.jpeg

yspd032mo1js.jpeg

g7dupgvv2rud.jpeg

iPhone 7+
    IOS 12 Beta 2
    128GB
    WiFi and Cellular

The phone would melt if it was in Celsius
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    I would be curious how it did with GPS/Location services off, and Bluetooth disabled
  • VTA92VTA92 Posts: 374 ★★★
    I would be curious how it did with GPS/Location services off, and Bluetooth disabled

Those are things that should not even need to be considered when playing a mobile game.
    edited July 2018
    VTA92 wrote: »

Those are things that should not even need to be considered when playing a mobile game.

I'm not going to disagree with you there, but it is something to try.

In particular the GPS has been known since 11.x release of IOS to cause phones to get hot. If the bug Kabam is hitting has to do with determining the device location, it could be compounding the GPS chip bug.

Disabling bluetooth and airdrop are two other things which are frequently recommended to disable when trying to troubleshoot overheating problems since they are always working.

So Yes, while it should NOT have an impact on a mobile game, if the game is overworking or triggering those functions of the device, it could be making things worse.
    And I'm not saying those are the only issues. There's most likely something to be said about the looping process that seems to occur from the pause screen info.

It was just a question to see if having location and bluetooth on at the same time was helping compound the issue.

With Kabam trying to find better ways to address piloting these other parts could be playing a role.
  • tonyj007tonyj007 Posts: 276
    These test only applies to your phone, got to consider wear and performance of a older battery . Tasks running in the background. The amount of previous shutdowns , and if test where carried down after a shut down. case deformed due to heat.. test need to be carried out on new phones for base readings .

For each devices has different tolerance for each player

sorry to say
    tonyj007 wrote: »
    These test only applies to your phone, got to consider wear and performance of a older battery . Tasks running in the background. The amount of previous shutdowns , and if test where carried down after a shut down. case deformed due to heat.. test need to be carried out on new phones for base readings .

For each devices has different tolerance for each player

sorry to say

Well you obviously missed the point of the post. I could provide all of that information on my device, the point was to show how hot they can get. Obviously it only applies to my device in the test as I only used my devices.

The fact of the matter however is after roughly 15 minutes of gameplay I topped out at the edge of Apples non-operating temperature. 🤷‍♂️
  • Cptnkillr_89Cptnkillr_89 Posts: 56
    mxaxzyon5vp6.png
    That was 2 runs on uncollected eq
  • GSTAR21GSTAR21 Posts: 168
    Damn you can cook yourself a meal with that phone. Make sure it doesn't burn a hole through your floor #RIPMCOC2018
    Try not damage your phone too much, overheating is not good, i don't want to see die with more testing
    Good luck
  • Drummer829Drummer829 Posts: 105
    Nice post!

It is informative to show people how hot the phone gets and that it can cause damage.

But I can’t wait for my energy refill and 200 5* shards after this is fixed
  • The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 907 ★★★
    Iphone 7, Latest iOS. No heating issues yet.

How fast are you guys moving your fingers?
  • ThatweirdguyThatweirdguy Posts: 675 ★★★
    Excellent post. We all know about the over heating but it is nice to see some real empirical data. My gosh you are definitely putting your device at risk playing the game now.

I am sure Kabam is scrambling and doing their best for a fix but they might just want roll back 19.0 in full. As crazy and extreme as that sounds, I think this situation might warrant it. People are going to start damaging their devices at this rate.