**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Version 19.0 Discussion Thread

Comments

• mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    Not sure if this applies to the Phone Thread, so I'll post it here.

Samsung Galaxy Tab E
    Android 7.0
    Current Version
    Arena, Master EQ

The lag is much worse. Namely the Arena and Master. Blocks won't even register. Evade is much slower than the AI. Really quite bothersome. It's like things are operating at 2 different speeds. It was bad before the Update. In fact, every month has lag in Master for me. I spent $60 on 3.2 Deadpool because the controls simply wouldn't work as fast. After 19.0, it's much worse. Pretty much all over, worse in the areas I listed. Hoping the information helps find a solution. I don't care about the spending. I just hope it gets resolved for a smoother gameplay. Thanks.

I've been pointed here:

http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/62022/android-lag-and-performance-investigation#latest

To report lag issues.

It's really more than lag. It's been consistent with Master for me every month, but it's much worse after 19.0. There could be some variable that is useful from the Build.

I know it's more then lag... but whenever I make any kind of mention of a device problem, the Mods point me to that thread as a catchall hey you have a general "lag" problem go there.
  • Brt07Brt07 Posts: 17
    @Kabam Mike, it’s not only hitting, retirally heating our phones. Why we don’t see any update or responses from Kabam about this issue? Are you ignoring us? Do you think this is not a big issue? And why the Kabam team keep deleting or closing the discussion about this issue.
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    So basically Contest of Champions is protesting itself...
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    Android phone no over heating. Logged in first fight AQ. Phone goes black and I loose Ultron 1st fight L1 in AQ..... TOTAL ****.....bug? Or b.s.?

Whatever bug that's affecting iOS is also messing with Android but not to the same degree. My phone is Android and it does okay but not suitable for competitive use. My tablet is iOS and not suitable for logging in.
  • TaimurKhanTaimurKhan Posts: 119
    After the recent update, I am getting random Death Matches in 4* Featured Arena. Some alliance mates also reported of getting death matches. I do this arena on regular basis and it has never happened before.mjbfb4hfnqjk.jpeg
    ktnlfpcearsm.jpeg
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian
    TaimurKhan wrote: »
    After the recent update, I am getting random Death Matches in 4* Featured Arena. Some alliance mates also reported of getting death matches. I do this arena on regular basis and it has never happened before.mjbfb4hfnqjk.jpeg
    ktnlfpcearsm.jpeg

This has been happening in the 5* featured arena where the attack team has been in the vicinity of 9k PI for quite some time now, and has been discussed in multiple threads about it. Kabam's official position is that nothing about the arena itself has changed, but something about the algorithm that chooses teams factors in some component of the strength of players in general, and that thing whatever it is is seeing that players have increasingly strong champions, particularly 5/65s, and that is shifting the strength of the arena opponents as a consequence.

That explanation might be true, but it isn't the whole truth because the behavior isn't consistent. What I think Kabam is saying is that the way the arenas pick opponents contains variables that change in ways the players haven't determined yet through testing, and this variability in the background we don't see combined with varying strength of the player base creates this circumstance occasionally.

It could still be bugged, but it is also possible Kabam is correct: no one's explanation for how the arenas work and how infinite streak works explains all of the behavior I've seen in the arena. It does do unpredictable things even within infinite streak. Use the same team at the same streak count on two different days and the champions the game picks for you can sometimes vary wildly, even if you don't get a death match.
  • Ingestevez77Ingestevez77 Posts: 5
    So stop throwing new things into the game loke class fragments daily quests and put all your team on fixing the overheating bs. Really, how difficult is to go back to previous version & start including new stuff one by one to see where the overheating starts. I’m only one step away from completely leave the game cuz it’s unplayable right now. Since overheating starts every run The overheating is faster. Today My phone is overheating after just 5 teams used on arena, not even 20-30 minutes on the game to feel & experience the overheating big time. If you don’t fix this you’re gonna loss several players who are gonna sell their accounts & lower kabam income cuz onstead of buying crystals for one champ they will get a new account with so many new champs that crystals would be something on the past. Shame on you & all your team kabam, you’re really the worst company all ovr the world with the foolest workers trying to fix something out of their reach cuz of their mental ineptitude.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian
    Really, how difficult is to go back to previous version & start including new stuff one by one to see where the overheating starts.

I'd say that's practically impossible.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    @TaimurKhan throw in a rank 2 5* with your low unduped R1s like antman, iron man, rhino, etc., and you won't get those matches anymore.
  • DrFreakyDrFreaky Posts: 30
    Its impressive how long it takes to fix a really serious issue due the overheat. This game always had this problem, what happened now is just worst. I had an Iphone 6s which suddenly stopped to work right after just one year of use, and i always though it was overheat during playing. With my iPhone 7 due this problem and after playing for some minutes the iPhone restarted by itself twice, that was so weird. So Im just playing 5 minutes each time to avoid a potential damage.
  • HigherPoweredHigherPowered Posts: 118
    Why didn’t this get rolled back to the prior release until it could be fixed??
  • GenuineDudeGenuineDude Posts: 2
    How is the "overheat" fix going? I think we iPhone users have been very patient. I'm considering being less now that my phone has lost 6% battery life in 2 weeks...
  • TheReverendTheReverend Posts: 126
    This game over heated and as a result my internal cellular antennae quit working on my iphone 7. I just bought an iphone X and hoped the over heating would not be as bad. Wrong, it seems like the exact same issue all over again! Im now limiting my time to AQ and AW. Honestly i dont even feel safe logging in anymore. I think the safest and most responsible thing Kabam could do would be to shut down the game in its current state until this is resolved. I never thought id see the day that a mobile app could break your phone from heat.
  • LysiszeroLysiszero Posts: 296
    The responsible thing to do would have been to roll back to a stable version or have a working fix within 72 hours. It's been almost a month. I'm on android and have overheating issues but I know they will never be fixed for android just like all the other big issues. Why is it so hard to ever get something fixed in this game?
  • MichaliosMichalios Posts: 12
    Kabam so long to get a new update for the game... You guys expect us to do all those new events while overheating, device battery draining and all bugs aswell :( we are loosing rewards due to your faulty update and our devices getting damaged.... Give us a fixed update already guys.... You can not have this going on for ever, you are ruining the contest day by day....
  • MichaliosMichalios Posts: 12
    At least give as un estimated date for any new update coming (if it would)....
  • InfantryInfantry Posts: 110
    They clearly dont care!!! My alliance is disbanding we are all retiring now no need to further this disappointment
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    Anyone that thinks Kabam will reimburse you for a damaged phone is crazy... they won't reimburse for lost revives over bugs.
  • Hazmat911Hazmat911 Posts: 7
    Lol every hear of SARCASM
  • BrainimpacterBrainimpacter Posts: 578 ★★★
    edited July 2018
    this hotfix made my ipad worse, i did not really get any overheating more than usual from MCOC with the 19 update, overheating has always been a problem from the day i started playing over 3 years ago but after the hotfix today its practically on fire, im scared if i play while its charging it will explode
    Apple users will get some big compensation while android users still get overheating and lag. Kabam doesn't play favorites. Android users will be lucky to get a free 2* champ. Apple players will get 10 energy refills, 20 4* Sig stones, and some fancy human torch title.
  • Vale84Vale84 Posts: 308 ★★★
    DaMunk wrote: »
    Anyone that thinks Kabam will reimburse you for a damaged phone is crazy... they won't reimburse for lost revives over bugs.

you can get a full refund from apple for your money spent, and legally sue kabam for not warning about the issue, for not posting suggesting NOT to play, and even sue Apple for keeping the app available despite knowing their new ios intercated dangerously with phone heat levels.

If you phone broke expect a full replacement and some more, as long as you will to sue and invest time and money on it
    @Vale84 it's in the tos that kabam can not be sued for anything or be held accountable for issues to anyone's device.
  • IcsGrecIcsGrec Posts: 919 ★★★
    Vale84 wrote: »

you can get a full refund from apple for your money spent, and legally sue kabam for not warning about the issue, for not posting suggesting NOT to play, and even sue Apple for keeping the app available despite knowing their new ios intercated dangerously with phone heat levels.

If you phone broke expect a full replacement and some more, as long as you will to sue and invest time and money on it

You can sue them and they will piss themselves laughing.
    If your phone broke, it broke because you were too desperate to play their game.
    If you did, it means you agreed their TOS, which basically means you agreed to play the game even though there was a possibity for it to damage your phone.
  • BrainimpacterBrainimpacter Posts: 578 ★★★
    edited July 2018
    Lysiszero wrote: »
    @Vale84 it's in the tos that kabam can not be sued for anything or be held accountable for issues to anyone's device.

terms of service are worth nothing, local law is king not some disclaimer a company has drawn up to scare people into not acting
  • Vale84Vale84 Posts: 308 ★★★
    IcsGrec wrote: »
    Vale84 wrote: »

You can sue them and they will piss themselves laughing.
    If your phone broke, it broke because you were too desperate to play their game.
    If you did, it means you agreed their TOS, which basically means you agreed to play the game even though there was a possibity for it to damage your phone.

That's so laughably far away from the reality.. ToS is not an ironclad rule and apply to companies too. If the product is defective they are obliged to retire it or prevent people from using it. Same goes for apple.

1)Apple isnt elegible of any responsibility for people heating phones playing mcoc. What appel IS elegible for tho, is knowing the issue of their update causing overheating into devices and not BLOCKING the defective apps temporarily removing them from the store. Which equals to offering or showcasing a product which will cause harm to the users.

2)To make another example, you talk like a MCoC old time player, and that's good. Let's take someone who finds the apps for the first time and never played it, he downloads it, likes it and keeps playing it. Nowhere in the app notes is written that the game is causing overheating, and unless you already part of Kabam's community you have still no knowledge of the forum, nor you have any need to visit him BEFORE playing the game.
    The moment you download the app from the store APPLE is granting you overwatch over that product and that said product passed the APPLE standards.

3)But then the new guy phone heats up, he doesnt realize what's going on, and the phone damages.

As much as the TOS states several things, Companies like Kabam and APPLE have their OWN "ToS" they agreed upon, and a defective product still making in the store is a VIOLATION of consumer's rights, expecially if damages YOUR own property.

Kabam and Apple should have blocked any access to the game immediatly.

That said, i already got my refund from Apple, and my phone is still doing well. You do what you like more.
  • evinevil87evinevil87 Posts: 4
    edited July 2018
    6fpc1geckxbz.png
    I can't claim my peak milestone rewards

• b3lv4qb9b2qc.png
    7c4e5lg94qdd.png