**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Falcon's Recon Scan locked on and Magik is still triggering limbo as AW boss. [Under Investigation]

MarcusUnreadMarcusUnread Posts: 143
edited July 2017 in Bugs and Known Issues
Yes another issue guys. I use Falcon 90% of the time in AW, his recon scan prevents limbo 100% of the time when locked on. Last 2 wars when fighting Magik AW boss her limbo has been triggered despite Recon Scan being locked on every time she crossed a power bar threshold. At least 2 of those times MD/dexterity buff likely caused Magik to cross a power bar threshold, but I was locked on so even if MD caused the power gain it should be irrelevant. I was for certain locked on a few other times when I was attacking her and caused her to cross a power bar threshold, yet her limbo still triggered.

I was suspicious the first time this happened in AW, but then the very next AW it happened again so I knew it was an issue. I couldn't take a screen shot because it's AW and a boss at that, so a screen shot is basically an automatic death for my champ.

This is literally the only reason I use Falcon for AW. He's weak and pretty lackluster without his Recon Scan.

-No connectivity issues, Wi-Fi
-Exclusively Wi-Fi, no switching between data and Wi-Fi
-Fighting against - Magik AW boss
-iPhone 6s Plus version 10.3.2
-MCOC version 13.1.1

Please help,
Marcus Unread

@Kabam Wolf @Kabam Miike
Post edited by Kabam Wolf on

Comments

• MarcusUnreadMarcusUnread Posts: 143
    Any MODs see this yet?

Thanks
  • Kabam WolfKabam Wolf Posts: 1,277 ★★★
    Hi @MarcusUnread. I'll take this one to the team. Thanks for hanging in there!
  • ThawnimThawnim Posts: 1,461 ★★★★
    Kabam Wolf wrote: »
    Hi @MarcusUnread. I'll take this one to the team. Thanks for hanging in there!

Do you guys have ways of going back and looking at match data? Or can you pretty much only rely on screenshots and captured videos? I only wonder cause it's a common debate out there. Thanks.
    @Thawnim

That's an excellent question, I'd love to know this as well. I try to provide as much information as possible when I encounter gameplay issues/bugs, and screen shots when possible. But you basically never know when these thing will arise so you can't really prepare for a screen shot or video.
    @Kabam Wolf

Thanks for the timely response, the community certainly appreciates the effort. Keep me posted.
    edited July 2017
    @Kabam Wolf

Any updates on this issue yet?
  • shingbabshingbab Posts: 120
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AD4RBRrC3Bc

Confirmed! Mystic Dispersion bypasses Locked On :D
  • Kabam WolfKabam Wolf Posts: 1,277 ★★★
    Hey guys. No new info just yet, but I will keep you posted. Thanks again for sticking with us.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    shingbab wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AD4RBRrC3Bc

Confirmed! Mystic Dispersion bypasses Locked On :D
    Is Mystic dispersion a defensive ability? It's activated by an event that is independent of an attack. If power gain is a defensive ability why would anyone gain power when suffering a defensive ability decrease? Confusing at least, But I do think MD should be subject to ability accuracy modifiers.
    edited July 2017
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    Is Mystic dispersion a defensive ability? It's activated by an event that is independent of an attack. If power gain is a defensive ability why would anyone gain power when suffering a defensive ability decrease? Confusing at least, But I do think MD should be subject to ability accuracy modifiers.

I can actually see this from both sides tbh. Limbo is a defensive ability when magik is hit, thus bw et al negates this effect...in this instance the power gain is the result of the crit rate buff expiring but that happens because magik gets hit....
    In the interest of balance i think locked on should negate this kind of limbo, but that's just my opinion

I can actually see this from both sides tbh. Limbo is a defensive ability when magik is hit, thus bw et al negates this effect...in this instance the power gain is the result of the crit rate buff expiring but that happens because magik gets hit....
    In the interest of balance i think locked on should negate this kind of limbo, but that's just my opinion
    Definitely confusing, because while it is the attack that caused the crit buff to expire, the expiration is an event unto itself and does not require an attack to cause the event; nullify, refreshing, and timers all cause buff to expire and are not an offensive action. I understand the confusion but can't see how an expiring buff is offensive even if it happens as the result of an offensive action. Still would like MD to be seen as an ability similar parry stun, maybe it's intended to be purely passive so it cannot be reduced period.
    @shingbab

L.M.A.O. The music is so good.

Falcon's recon scan bypassing limbo is virtually his best asset, he's mediocre otherwise. His damage output is garbage and it's not like you're soloing a war boss Magik with Falcon. C'mon throw us a bone here @Kabam Wolf @Kabam Miike
  • Neffy1994Neffy1994 Posts: 7
    I like Falcon Cause his Lock on Make All the characther with spidersense and astral evade essentially useless. so he is a great person to get rid of mordo or spderman
    @CoatHang3r @shingbab

So Magik's sig ability is a passive and IS a defensive ability.

If it's accepted that "Darkchyld" (Limbo) IS a DEFENSIVE ability, then we look at the wording in her sig...

"After filling a bar of power, Magic has a 20% chance to enter a state of Limbo for 3 seconds. The chance increases by 12.5% after filling 2 bars, and by 25% after filling 3 bars.

Based on current Signature Level, chances are multiplied by 65.54%"

According to that wording it should not matter at all how that bar is filled; being attacked, attacking, MD, etc...

Falcon has 100% defensive ability reduction when locked on. So unless Magik's sig IS NOT classified as a defensive ability, then she should NEVER proc her SIG ABILITY limbo when he is locked on, her brief limbo from special activation is offensive so should not be subject to defensive ability reduction.

Did I miss anything guys?
    @MarcusUnread Good point. I've always thought of Limbo as a floating ability based on what caused her to gain the power, so I completely ignored limbo being purely defensive itself.
    edited July 2017
    It's not purely defensive though right? If it activates via her hitting her opponent, it's offensive right?
    The murkiness in this instance comes from an agnostic power gain causing an offensive limbo to trigger
  • TheMageHunterTheMageHunter Posts: 711 ★★
    MD is a part of just an ability neither offensive nor defensive so it is not affected by lock on or some other defensive ability accuracy reducers
    The only thing that can affect it are concussion champs like quake gambit or cable
  • IOSJasoNIOSJasoN Posts: 643 ★★★
    Any update on this yet?
    The only reason I ranked Falcon up was because of his ability to block Magiks limbo..
    Without him being able to do it I find he's not worth using @Kabam Wolf @Kabam Miike