**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Special one and two keep getting blocked!

Comments

• Rich_RyderRich_Ryder Posts: 238
    For Bugs not General Discussion.

That’s were this comment belongs and where that thread is
  • ralph9898ralph9898 Posts: 10
    I have a dd classic, using sp after ending a combo with light attack will cause ai to block. I think happened on wolverine x23 as well.
  • dparmdparm Posts: 109
    Where are we at with this? I'm pretty sick of losing champs and blowing through portions because of it.

The AI should not be able to break the rules, simple as that.
  • RocapRocap Posts: 222
    Special bugs, being blocked, parry mid combo, parry/dex bugs, millisecond timing issues, all lead to you getting ko'd, which leads to you buying credits or the $30 quest pack they decided to release.

We're actually supposed to trust them that these "minor" bugs aren't intentionally tweaked to rank in a little extra cash without us noticing? I just don't see them passing up that chance.
  • BmanBman Posts: 221
    Yes, it’s all champs all game modes. It’s not champ specific, it’s just severely broken and has been for quite some time. The last month or so it has been happening at a ridiculously high rate!! Also, the computer never blocks a special they always “Parry”, which means they take almost no damage. Dumbest thing about it is unless ur in AW or arena (Thanos and Kang team exception), the computer CAN NOT PARRY!!! Parry is a mastery, computer does NOT HAVE MASTERIES! Therefore “Parry” of specials or any other attack should never happen! It’s not possible!! Yet it happens every time?!?
  • WelderofortuneWelderofortune Posts: 527 ★★
    edited July 2018
    That seatin video has flawed logic as daredevil can evade projectiles and I am sure that the chilies count as a projectile, therefore after evading it could pull off a block, I mean heck I could so...
  • WestthepestWestthepest Posts: 9
    I have been making an effort to chain my SPs after a 4 hit combo however this is only slightly more effective than chasing off a 5 hit combo. I mean with all the stun immunity out there this makes it almost impossible to get off a special without the parries. @Kabam Miike you guys have got to figure something out I know this is probably second to the free “hot hands” samples you provided to all with the 19.0 update, but come on work on this.
  • blade, starky, medusa, killmonger, magik, morningstar etc. its happening to me too, makes me die in war, aq, eq, you name it, i die in it
  • I can only do specials after a 2-3 combo and even they get blocked sometimes. Super frustrating. Looking forward to an answer by kabam for yet another messup.
  • Nickname207Nickname207 Posts: 241
    edited July 2018
    Personally i think they changed it on purpose to raise the difficulty of the game (like shorten the respond time of a block - they will block as soon as you finish the combo...) in not just one mode. I started playing 5 months ago and i saw videos on youtube, AI in the same fight act 4 is blocking much faster than it was years ago (in the video).

Again this is just a thought, so im not sure this in on purpose or not, but something definitely changed from the version when i started playing months ago, and they're arena fights, not only from more difficult quests. Like how they can control how aggressive AI can be, this is possible.
  • M1k0rinM1k0rin Posts: 605 ★★
    edited July 2018

Im sure more than 80% player in mcoc is f2p. IF
    Kabam intention is to make player spend more resources and money for play by making game harder, im sure more people will loose interest to play this game. Not everyone play game for competition, most of them just play to have fun.
  • Fishman13579Fishman13579 Posts: 98
    They'll fix it right after they get synergies ro work in AW defense lol
  • PhonieStarkPhonieStark Posts: 202
    It's in all of the more difficult content. Doesn't matter which champs you use. And I'm noticing a huge reduction in Voodoos sig ability. Not getting near the number of loas he used to get, and then not converting most of them when I use level 1. But, back on to the subject, there is no way that Kabam can deny tampering with the AI in this game. That's why they won't respond.
  • 3Ax33Ax3 Posts: 26
    Changes to game mechanics became apparent on Android platform since last update. I also experienced issues with linking SA of several champs after 5 hits combo. As most mechanics in this game, unfortunately no clear cause or system is evident throughout fights.

Currently applying SAs after Medium attack, as it is the only way make SAs connection certain.
    Stark Spider-Man is suffering from it pretty badly in alliance quest. I could not land a SP2 to save my own life.

What's happening here?
  • GAM3RGUYGAM3RGUY Posts: 203
    Sabertooth sp1 keeps getting block
  • SabrefencerSabrefencer Posts: 1,433 ★★★
    Was just in arena. I was using Iron Man and I was up against Moon Knight. The match difficulty was "Medium". I did a 5-hit combo and launched into my sp2. It got blocked.
  • Kaizen_KingKaizen_King Posts: 306 ★★★
    It’s called LAG. With harder content the AI is running on over-drive so the margin for delay is ZERO... that means ANY lag is going to result in any number of issues including blocked SP’s and especially on champs that have delays in the timing between actions.
  • Hey All,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. This is something that the team has already been looking into, but if you can tell us what Champions you see this occur with, where you're seeing it (mode/quest, etc.), and who you're fighting against, that would be very helpful!

Thank you!
    Buckle up. Me(SKK65/This Channel is RIP) is gonna tell yah!

Act 4:
    99% of the time, I'd be using my AA and throwing a SP1 after a 5 hit combo. BLOCKED WHILE DOING THE SPECIAL(note: I was hitting them during the combo). SP2 causes the same results.
    Medusa gets the same issues as well as Gwenpool, Starky, and Magik. It's really annoying.

Arena:
    The same thing happens with ALL of my champs.

Act 5:
    Might as well parry when it decides to work and then do a special.

Event Quest(Heroic+Master):
    Same as Act 4.

Please fix this. Oh, and just in case, I have blocked during a special after the ai did a 5 hit combo on me. It really comes down to changing the recovery timings.
  • Jewlz666Jewlz666 Posts: 7
    I have noticed the past few months that master event has become increasingly harder to finish and 100%. This month however I am in the same boat as you guys. I have spent the last 3 days trying to complete 3.2, different lanes, different champs. Same outcome with all my specials being blocked, then they kick my ass or a straight KO on their special 2. I have gone though all potions and revives and have finally resulted to using energy refills or waiting on energy and re-exiting when I can't finish. I am also out of buffs. I get that they want to make the game a challenge because consistently easy people become bored and have zero incentive. I feel like when they first introduced the sentinels. I doubt they will fix this because I am seriously believing they want us to fork out money on potions, revives, and buffs.
    edited July 2018
    I have noticed a pattern for when this happens, sometimes: the hit immediately preceding the special attack seems to whiff, so the opponent throws up a block. This shouldn't be whiffing because the previous 3 hits had easily connected. I can do this with Hyperion's L1 almost every time.

Alternatively, it seems to happen due to weird timing on the hits preceding it. It's almost like there is a delay between each hit so that give the CPU enough time to throw up a block, possibly due to dropped frames or a missed input.

Regardless, when I watch the animation, it clearly looks "off".

@Kabam Miike, any word on when this is going to be investigated? There's been ample evidence provided in this thread.
  • TheSquish671TheSquish671 Posts: 2,880 ★★★★★
    I personally experience this the most with Hyperion, Sym Spidey, Stark Spidey, IronMan, Mordo and Archangel (all special 2's)

Same. I also have this issue where my second medium hit(combo ender) sometimes misses and i launch the special and it gets blocked.
    But at least this specials being blocked issue benefits masacre's sp2 lol