**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Is TWO NEW CHAMPS per month too many?

124»

Comments

• RJ03RJ03 Posts: 67
    Yes, one new champ per month would be nice. Quality over quantity.
    i total agree with this... 1 champ more then enough... i would prefer the bug fixed!!
    new champs = new bugs, they can't fix in time, so its better to just have 1 per month...
    I'm still waiting for DOMINO block fix......... when kabam?
  • KossukoseKossukose Posts: 59
    Nope, two new champs is just right.
    No!
  • TiemiliosTiemilios Posts: 337
    Kossukose wrote: »
    No!

Would you care to explain why? I'd like to discourage thoughtless comments that are not useful to the discussion.
  • Oroku_SakiOroku_Saki Posts: 167
    Tiemilios actually knows what moderating means.
    Oroku_Saki wrote: »
    Tiemilios actually knows what moderating means.

Epsilon3 wrote: »
    Maidril wrote: »
    I would like to see one updated champ and one new champ a month

I’ve never agreed with anyone in this forum this much before

It's interesting. Is there enough old champs we want updated to do one per month? I can think of a handful of champs that really NEED an update, some that could use a little enhancement, and some that don't. But, I don't know how far we'd go updating a champ per month as well as one new champ per month. The focus is making sure there's time for better testing and QA with the release of new champs and for the game integrity as a whole. Any way, just my further thoughts on that.
  • HeddartaHeddarta Posts: 106
    Regardless if it was an update per month or longer, it would just be interesting to keep old champs from being solely arena fodder. The new ideas for sig abilities and buffs have definitely made some very interesting and fun new champs as the develop of the game progressed. It would just be fun to add more of that experience and creativity to the abilities of older champs. Luke Cage and Red Hulk were a nice start. Would be intrigued to see more of it. Open up a character redesign/design contest to the community to give the team more ideas to incorporate into old or future champs directly from the players who support the game and understand the mechanics.
    Heddarta wrote: »
    Regardless if it was an update per month or longer, it would just be interesting to keep old champs from being solely arena fodder. The new ideas for sig abilities and buffs have definitely made some very interesting and fun new champs as the develop of the game progressed. It would just be fun to add more of that experience and creativity to the abilities of older champs. Luke Cage and Red Hulk were a nice start. Would be intrigued to see more of it. Open up a character redesign/design contest to the community to give the team more ideas to incorporate into old or future champs directly from the players who support the game and understand the mechanics.

Completely agree! :)
    edited July 2018
    Not sure if everyone has voted on this that wants to, but I'd like to see more votes if I can, then maybe let this fade out. Any additional comments welcome as well. I do hope Kabam is seeing and at least considering suggestions like this. I really hope they don't plan on going back to normal operation after they fix the recent issues. After the beginning of this month, it's so much more than obvious that something needs to change. Maybe if they can get their development and bugs under control, improve communication, pace things better, and give us better value for the money, I may consider spending again...but that's up to them.
  • BigDaddyJoeBigDaddyJoe Posts: 357 ★★
    1 champ is more than they can keep up with now
  • Too many? No! I want more! Give me more! How about 5 per month???
    2 new heroes per month is too little for this game, I think even other games bring 5 6 new characters per month, but this game unfortunately makes very stingy behavior unfortunately for this game
  • A_FungiA_Fungi Posts: 934 ★★★★
    I think 2 is fine.

For everyone who is saying doing one and buff one, what does that resolve? It wouldn't free up any time for Kabam to fix any of the "issues"

I don't think the game has so many input issues that make it overly detrimental to the game. Did I fight a Hulkling in BGs where I missed so many dash backs it made me look like a terrible player? Yes. But taking the focus from a new champ to an overhauled one ends Kabam up in the same place.

Money is the biggest reason this will never change. Even if they buff an old champ, it isn't going to drive earnings into Kabam's account because many people already have the old champ.
  • Darkraw346Darkraw346 Posts: 1,942 ★★★★
    Are yall fr?
  • ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,483 ★★★★★
    I know Necropolis is out but sheesh...
  • MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 3,701 ★★★★★
    A_Fungi said:

I think 2 is fine.

For everyone who is saying doing one and buff one, what does that resolve? It wouldn't free up any time for Kabam to fix any of the "issues"

I don't think the game has so many input issues that make it overly detrimental to the game. Did I fight a Hulkling in BGs where I missed so many dash backs it made me look like a terrible player? Yes. But taking the focus from a new champ to an overhauled one ends Kabam up in the same place.

Money is the biggest reason this will never change. Even if they buff an old champ, it isn't going to drive earnings into Kabam's account because many people already have the old champ.

The people saying 1 new and 1 buff posted their thoughts in 2018, perhaps they would have different opinions today.
  • BendyBendy Posts: 3,130 ★★★★★
    Why was this necro’d
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,079 ★★★★★
    While there are lingering issues in the game, it should be pointed out that the people who designed and built the Champions aren't the same people who are designing and building the quests. Those are separate teams.

Also they get their orders from higher-ups as well as final approval from Marvel themselves. So unless Marvel says to take it down to one Champion a month, it's not going to change.
  • kus234kus234 Posts: 170 ★★
    1 per month is ideal to make the game fun and also reduce the complications of interactions.. this also increases the life of the game
  • PandingoPandingo Posts: 584 ★★★
    Too many? No! I want more! Give me more! How about 5 per month???
    I actually enjoy December only having one champ. But honestly one each month may not always be the best plan. I think it'd be nice and plausible if they switched it to every three months instead of once a year. So that'd be March June September December one champ released.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,860 ★★★★★
    This thread is 6 years old. How on earth is it possible to even find it to nerco it.
This discussion has been closed.