**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Magik or Dr. Voodoo to R5 as a 5 star

Both are duped but which one to R5. Love them both would love to hear some feedback because I cannot decide.

Comments

• KnightarthusKnightarthus Posts: 419 ★★★
    edited July 2018
    Dr. voodoo has better prestige. If you don’t care about prestige then it’s a personal preference.
  • jlamadisonjlamadison Posts: 274
    voodoo
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,498 ★★★★★
    edited July 2018
    No wrong choice. Both are beasts. I chose magik and have no regret. Alliance mate chose voodoo and has no regrets (though his second r5 was magik).
  • Solrac_2Solrac_2 Posts: 497 ★★
    Magik.
  • IOSJasoNIOSJasoN Posts: 643 ★★★
    DV
  • JC_JC_ Posts: 517 ★★★
    @danielmath do you mind elaborating? I have him at R4 and have been agonizing over maxing him for over a month. I use him every war and he is great for me, but I’m sure there are other champs who are better.
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    danielmath wrote: »
    this is weird, magik by a mile (not sure why people are saying voodoo, where would you ever use him?)

I would use DV in way more situations than I would Magik.

such as?
  • XC123456789XC123456789 Posts: 11
    DV
  • Zeronaut81Zeronaut81 Posts: 290 ★★
    Tough choice, it would be hard to go wrong with either. They are both great power control champs, and can each nullify buffs. I love Magik’s limbo energy damage. However, with new champs countering this ability, I think DV is the better choice. His regen allows him to cover up far more mistakes. Spirit poison can really help make those long fights more manageable. Being able to extend buffs on yourself or debuts on the opponent really allows you to take the fight to your opponent and counter the strengths of a lot of nodes.
    I think a lot of your final choice should rest on how you plan to use the champ, and who you like fighting with the most. I like DV because I have to be engaged enough to know my combo counter, and I tend to fight more strategically with him. Magik is fun in a “plow through it until it’s dead” kind of way. Have fun with whatever you choose!
  • MabkaZuckMabkaZuck Posts: 80
    Go and take a look at new AQ reward. Prestige war is coming...
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    edited October 2018
    Wondering if any of this analysis has changed in the past three months...would appreciate weigh-ins from @danielmath, @V1PER1987 , @Raganator , etc.

My debate is whether to burn a generic AG on Magik or Voodoo at this point. It’s a precious resource, and mystics seem like they are fading as a class—but I’ve already got champs like Medusa, Blade, AA, SL awakened (and have 5* tech and mutant gems sitting unused, which allows me leeway in the event of a future Stark/IWIM/Sentinel or Domino/ST pull).

I suppose I could continue playing the RNG waiting game and see whether any of the cool new kids fall out of a crystal (Void, KM, Cap3, Hulk Rags), but my past 20-25 5* pulls haven’t yielded anything that moves my roster. If it seems like the question reeks of desperation a bit, then you understand where I’m coming from...

Advice appreciated.

Dr. Zola
  • Zayo_278Zayo_278 Posts: 264
    edited October 2018
    Lol. Why don’t you take your magik against a classic spidey and see how it goes? Voodoo is the best counter to IMIW. Lol. I don’t understand how some people can claim they’re in tier 1 and they don’t know how to use voodoo. Ability reduction, poison, power burn, power gain, power leak, regen.

Edited: counter buffet, masochism, counter this months Golden symboid on epic and fight him beyond 30secs. I have magik at rank 4 and voodoo at rank 5. I didn’t think twice before taking voodoo ahead of magik. Tier 1 indeed.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,151 ★★★★★
    My alliance convinced me to awaken DV and rank him up over some other choices, and I haven't been disappointed. One of my top champs now.
  • TriasEUTriasEU Posts: 110
    Comes down to own preference... I use my Magik more often then Voodoo.. Both are beasts. Would say magik if you are planning on playing for a long time and in the end you will put her in defence and use 6* champs as attackers.. so yeah.. I would go for magik but again look at what you use the most and how your playstyle is.
    @Zayo_278 good advice...you’ll laugh, I’m sure, but Voodoo is one of those champs that has eluded me since he came out. We all have someone who just refuses to fall out of crystals. He was one of my last decent pulls, and I’ve refused to move him beyond R3 Unawakened.

Are you still having issues with him chaining combos to specials?

Dr. Zola
    @DrZola he needs to be awakened. Haven’t had any problems lately chaining combos to specials
    OneManArmy wrote: »
    Zayo_278 wrote: »
    Lol. Why don’t you take your magik against a classic spidey and see how it goes? Voodoo is the best counter to IMIW. Lol. I don’t understand how some people can claim they’re in tier 1 and they don’t know how to use voodoo. Ability reduction, poison, power burn, power gain, power leak, regen.

Edited: counter buffet, masochism, counter this months Golden symboid on epic and fight him beyond 30secs. I have magik at rank 4 and voodoo at rank 5. I didn’t think twice before taking voodoo ahead of magik. Tier 1 indeed.

Dv the best counter to imiw? That made me laugh. You clearly dont have hyperion. Corvus. Venom or any true strike champ do you?

Dude. I have a rank 4 sig 40 5* Hyperion and I face IMIW on tier 3 every war. If you don’t know what you’re saying, please move along
    Not interested in Voodoo as IWIM counter, actually. Prox does just fine there and Venom is now a nice backup if needed.

Dr. Zola
    Thx @Shrimkins

Dr. Zola