**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

5* Dups

Comments

• V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Another option they could do is add another crystal for say 20k shards and make it a “marvelous” crystal type deal. You pay twice as much but you remove all the trash champs. It would still be RNG but you’re at least guaranteed a decent champ you can rank. I don’t know about others but I would save and spend 20k if it meant I could get a Corvus or Blade or Void for example.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    I wouldn't say the problem is RNG in general. I get that it has a purpose. I just suggested the Class Crystals because it would be a way to increase odds while still leaving it to RNG.

If the problem you're trying to solve is to improve the odds of getting what you want, then your problem is with RNG. It doesn't really mean anything to say that I have no problem with the game using an RNG for drops, as long as I get what I want quickly enough.
  • HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★
    It's just RNG my friend. We all have our share of luck. You'll get pulls. Just be patient.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Ha. Ha. Ha. Honestly, the difference is I respond to people trying to be helpful. That's just seeking out an opportunity to give someone a hard time.
    Run477 wrote: »
    I wouldn't say the problem is RNG in general. I get that it has a purpose. I just suggested the Class Crystals because it would be a way to increase odds while still leaving it to RNG. As more Champs are added, it will become harder. Not to mention it's important to have each Class of Champ. In any event, I'll get them eventually. I just wanted to put it out there.

A. I’m not sure you know what RNG means.

B. Pretty sure when people complained about the only crystal available that would improve odds of getting a champ you wanted was severely nerfed, you wholeheartedly defended that decision. It’s a little late to be complaining about how hard it is to dupe 5* champs at this point.

The Crystal had a higher Drop Rate than any other in the game. So, yes. I saw that as fair. That's not the topic of the Thread. Recalling any Thread RNG-related that I commented on doesn't make it the same. It just makes people haters.
    edited July 2018
    In any event, my issue wasn't that I can't get "good Champs", or the Featured, or that I believe the Crystal has better Drop Rates for "trash", or any of that. I really don't care what Champ I roll or what Dup I get. My frustration came from getting Dups in general. It may be easier to get 5* Shards, but it still takes time, and it's harder and harder to Awaken them. I have hundreds of Sig Stones in my Inventory I can't use.
  • vrtovrto Posts: 218 Content Creator
    edited July 2018
    One of the current issues I have with the game is that you either grind/pay-to-win arena to the extreme, or fully rely on luck wrt 5* champions, which are not even at the top tier anymore. For the vast majority of players this translates to fully relying on luck, and when you find none for long you have little desire to play!

Personally I am on a very bad luck streak since somewhere in 2017, completely forgot already "when" I pulled a 5* I use frequently, and if it wasn't for Kabam's Content Creator program, which allows me to play with someone new for a few days once in a month, I would probably not be playing at all anymore. IMHO something like 5* basics are truly needed at this point, to keep *everyone* happy/interested, no matter the luck factor...

PS1: I pulled 6x a 5* Ronan yet I don't have a single Skill 5* awakened!
    PS2: I found 4* Void, Proxima and Domino on bought crystal promos, but it's quite difficult for someone at high or top level to spend precious rank up resources on a 4* today. I just did it on Void and Proxima cause I already knew how "special" both were, Domino will probably have to wait for many months to go over R4...
    edited July 2018
    I don't really care who. I have a fairly useful 5* Roster, meaning I could make use of most of them Awakened. Obvious pulls for me would be my Quake or my Mephisto. Which I still use regardless. I just want Dups. There are only a handful that don't absolutely need to be Duped. Angela, Hyperion, etc. For me, it's not who I Awaken. Naturally I have preferences and Champs I'm pulling for. I'd rather have ANY. I think it could be a growing problem as more Champs are added. With Crystals like the PHC, 3*, and 4*, they're more frequent, so it's quite a bit easier. 5*s come slower, and as much as I love building a healthy Roster, it's just discouraging to have none Awakened.
  • Oswaldo72383Oswaldo72383 Posts: 249
    Well I pulled 3 killmonger in a row and 2 sabertooth after that... not who I wanted but yes you can dup
  • Well I pulled 3 killmonger in a row and 2 sabertooth after that... not who I wanted but yes you can dup

I wouldn't even tag that as first world problems!
    Just makes for 2 5 stsr toons at rank 3 that are ok
    Killmonger is OK? :/
    Bit more than OK. Lol.
    Guy in our alliance pulled 2 5 star imiw from 2 3-5 monthly crystals back to back. Bought 3 for 900 units
    Chances of that are atronomical
    edited July 2018
    Just makes for 2 5 stsr toons at rank 3 that are ok

Killmonger was one of the best attackers that I had the pleasure to trial.

https://youtu.be/iaPF4V9Hsmg
    He’s good don’t get me wrong so is sabre
    Reason both up to rank 3 now
    Wanted quake or magik
    Magik at rank 4 already and want to dup quake to rank her 4 so I can quake
    Also have AA duped trying to get him up
    Also about to rank 5 one more
    qbmaxnpbccwv.png
    Waldo:

'5-drvoodoo-5 200' 10414
    '5-blade-4 73' 6815
    '5-iceman-4 108' 6681
    '5-modok-4 59' 6658
    '5-ultron-4 95' 6635
    ==============================
    Prestige: 7441
    edited July 2018
    Yep, not even first world problems, congrats for that roster ;-)
    Personally I would put KM on the priority list tho, he solves a lot of use cases, similar to Proxima, Void, AA and new Cap. He also has best synergies in the whole game IMHO, for instance he takes WS and BPCW into the top level.

vrto wrote: »
    Yep, not even first world problems, congrats for that roster ;-)
    Personally I would put KM on the priority list tho, he solves a lot of use cases, similar to Proxima, Void, AA and new Cap.

Interesting too! He's one of those Champs that came out and few caught on. He's great.
    I could rank 4 now but would lose 2nd rank 5