**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

[Android] Lag and Performance Investigation

Comments

• Device and Model: Google Pixel
    Device Operating System: Android 8.1
    Cellular or WiFi: Wifi
    Game Version Installed: Latest version
    Game Mode: Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest or Alliance War.
    Description of the Issue: Device is overheating, and did not do this before the current 19.0 update. Simply sitting at the home screen is causing the device to overheat. The issue is not caused by the brightness or any other setting. Loading any other content/game for same period of time does not result in overheating.
  • ictict Posts: 40
    Device and Model : Redmi Note 5 Pro
    Android 8.1.0
    Both Wifi and Cellular
    Latest Game Version
    Game Mode : Every Game Mode

My Champions become unresponsive during the middle of a combo! I can't Block and even the Pause button doesn't work! I lost Champs in AQ and AW! My Champs just stand there doing nothing and get Hit!
  • VeryCoolUserNameVeryCoolUserName Posts: 93
    edited July 2018
    Galaxy s8+ here lagging like crazy.
    This a flag ship devices!
    You guys need to figure out what is going on!!!

PLEASE MAKE SUITABLE JUST LIKE IT USE 2 BE!

Forgot to mention it's also happening on my redmi note 4x

On WiFi and cellular
    IN EVER MODE OF GAMEPLAY
  • hope4tghope4tg Posts: 149
    samsung galaxy s7 edge

Fps drops and combat becomes unresponsive after the phone goes to sleep or I check another app quickly and come back (context switch).

Also thanks to google play integration I have to log in with my kabam account everytime I open the app (it is not a problem if its running in the background though).

Combat swipes and blocks are unresponsive from time to time depending on the current fps of the game. Sometimes dashing back doesn't work and my block is gone.
  • MarkchiaMarkchia Posts: 2
    Device and Model: Samsung Galaxy S7 edge(Exynos)
    Device Operating System: I've tried many different roms including stock. Android 7 and 8 all are equally bad.
    Cellular or WiFi: Both. It's not internet lag it's graphics lag due to the crappy optimization.
    Game Version Installed: 19.0.0 but older versions were bad as well thought it seems to have gotten worse.
    Game Mode: All
    Description of the Issue: My phone can run graphics intensive games like Vainglory and Darkness Rises just fine, but mcoc lags badly thanks to the nonexistent optimization for Android. My Internet connection is perfect, it's just the graphics that's lagging. Fights are very choppy and sometimes it lags so much my touches aren't registered and sometimes it heavy attacks when I light attack. Even navigating the menus is slightly laggy
  • crystaldsmithcrystaldsmith Posts: 471 ★★
    edited July 2018
    Device and Model: Google Pixel
    Device Operating System: 8.1.1
    Cellular or WiFi: occurs on both, though I play most often on WiFi so I notice it most there.
    Game Version Installed: Most recent, updated for the new Ant Man quest
    Game Mode: AQ, AW, and Story / Event Quests
    Description of the Issue: when trying to block the game is not responsive to that screen gesture. About 50% of the time the champ does nothing. The other times when the champ does get into the stance of blocking the enemy can punch through it with a light attack.
    When trying to swipe backwards to leverage dexterity the champ does not move in most cases. About 20% of the time the champ will move back by a very small margin and the whole screen locks in place so you can't move the champ significantly back on the fighting platform. It's almost like there's an invisible brick wall directly behind the champ at all times.
    At random champs will dash forward, even while holding block.
    About 30% of the time pressing the button to activate the champ's special will not work. You press the button but it won't do anything.
    In the Alliance War that just recently ended the cold snap on my Iceman was not preventing Spider-Man from evading. He was under a cold snap and loss damage at the end of it but still evaded it.
    Champs like Guillotine and Wolverine will sometimes go through several fights and not gain any health.

It's definitely unplayable. I've tested it thoroughly on Heroic difficulty which should be a cake walk and it's not. The functionality really affects the game play to a critical level. I cannot effectively participate in AQ and AW as it is.
  • Ripper4566789Ripper4566789 Posts: 44
    Device and Model: Motorola motoxplay
    Device Operating System 7.1.1
    Cellular or WiFi: both. Bluegrass cellular
    Game Version Installed: version is up to date
    Game Mode: story mode act5. It has cost me several thousand in units at least 2 Odin's I thought I just sucked didn't realize everyone was having the same issues I was. NEED COMPENSATION.
    Description of the Issue: unresponsive champs and fighting act5 a split sec means you're dead. Extreme lag and can't evade block and at times my champ just walks up to opponet and I can't stop it from happening cost me least 50 revives to beat Ultron in act5 because of this. You should send out emails or something when ppl are experiencing these problems so others don't play hard content and dump all there resources trying to beat something
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    edited July 2018
    Android
    Not posting the stuff everytime.

Been having issues with using specials, last night during war my alts Angela wouldn't use her 2nd. I hit it then she just stopped and stood there, so i it again, and you can guess what happened right? You guessed it the ai blocked it where as the 1st time it would've hit but that failure gave them the opportunity to block and counter and heavily damage her before she fell due to Iceman abilities.

Also for the love of God kabam fix your ai recovery system it's bonkers, been watching the the time in aq and how long it takes them to get up from special 3 after the animation ends.

Less than a second, they just go from the ground to a standing postion and are charging at you and hitting you which can cost you health or champions that is if they're not stunned, some you don't even get that and they can be up standing ready for you before your animation ends.

All of the issues we have with the enemy ai is due to you racheting up them and giveing them a lot of unfair advantages.

Which is starting to really bother some people considering how long it's been going on and what you say and don't do about them.

Not to mention all the other issues that are being further compounded and all the new ones you create by the update.
  • shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    DEVICE AND MODEL: Samsung Note 4 (Model SM-N910C)

DEVICE OPERATING SYSTEM: Android 5.0.1

Cellular or WiFi: Both (Not my connection problem. Stop asking me to check my connections)

GAME VERSION INSTALLED: v19.0 (the latest)

GAME MODE: Almost all modes, including Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest, and Alliance War.

DESCRIPTION OF THE ISSUE:

(1) Game crashed multiple times a day.
    (2) Game performance lagging, sometimes the fight looks like SLOW-MOTION.
    (3) Very long loading in between screens.
    (4) Phone overheating.
    (5) Battery drained worse than before.
    (6) Game momentarily frozen for a fraction of a second when start of the fight when 2 champs are charging towards each other.
    (7) Sometimes in the middle of a 5-hit combo, finger tap for light-hit didn't register and got interrupted by AI
    (8) Sometimes evade/dodge by sweeping back didn't register
  • Pritam005Pritam005 Posts: 9
    Device and Model:Samsung j7 prime
    Device Operating System 7.1.1
    Cellular or WiFi: both. both
    Game Version Installed: version is up to date
    Description:Phone heating up and lag during high time Arena grinds.Occasional shutting down of app during quests. Already tried uninstalling and reinstalling.
  • Medik101Medik101 Posts: 58
    Device and Model : Google Pixel XL
    Device Operating System: 8.1
    Cellular or WiFi: Both - more so on cellular than wifi
    Game Version Installed: 19.0
    Game Mode: In which game mode did the error occur? arena + Aw/aq
    Description of the Issue: Considerable lag, freeze and screen fragmenting. Device began to get extremely hot and Android warning came up advising of overheating and changing to low power settings. Device is now in for warranty assessment at Telus as it has not worked properly since and they were able to diagnose onboard issue.
  • J3J_LTDJ3J_LTD Posts: 26
    Device and Model: samsung J5
    Device Operating System: android version 6.0.1
    Cellular or WiFi: both
    Game Version Installed: 17.2.0
    Game Mode: issues are appearing in all game modes but some are only in alliance quest and war or are much worse in alliance based content (see description below for details) while excessive load times only appear in between arena fights.
    Description of the Issue: some issues are appearing in all game modes, noticeably disconnection problems whether i'm using wifi or data as well as parry/dexterity problems which appear much more frequently in alliance quest and alliance war than in solo content. as well as this I'm also getting massive lag spikes when the AI uses a special attack in alliance war and quest making baiting specials impossible (literally 100% of map3 hulkbusters specials tested 5 times in the last AQ) as by the time the lag ends my character has already been hit and probably killed. the final major bug is lag when I'm mid combo leading to mediums being recognised as heavy attacks although im not sure if this is a separate issue or the same lag occurring at a different time. I also have at least 5 top players in my alliance who are having a variety of issues and we're considering running lower aq maps due to all of our bosskillers being utterly gimped by these issues
  • Priest64Priest64 Posts: 56
    edited July 2018
    Device: ZTE Blade Max Z
    Device Operating System: Android 7.1.1
    Cellular or WiFi: BOTH
    Game Version:19.0
    Game Mode: It happens in all modes of gameplay!
    Description of the Problem: The update is making my phone over heat! There's severe lagging, and animation fps is missing. AI has no issues with animation, and they turn into a, "GOD!" and Crit for at least 60-80% of the time! I've been trying to get to the forums for the last hour, but had to let my phone cool off first! Please help, cause Archangel is in the Arena now, and he's needed for my development!
  • Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab A
    Cellular or WiFi: WiFi
    Game Version: 19.0
    Description: Severe lag during fights, loads really slowly. Dashing back is registered as block. Holding block is registered as tapping block. Special is registered as block. Shutting down of app during 1/2 of the fights.
  • KrillexzKrillexz Posts: 3

Device and Model: ZTE Z958
    Device OS: Android 5.1
    Cell Data or Wifi: Issues occur using both
    Game Mode: Arena, Story Quest, Event Quest, AW, AQ
    Description of Issues: after I open the game, the overheating starts...1hr the performance starts dropping,. Frames skipped and all... After sometime, the software / game auto closes or freezes for longer time and I need to restart...
  • User5000User5000 Posts: 89
    Device and Model: Samsung J5 prime
    Device Operating System: Android 7.0
    Cellular or WiFi: Wifi
    Game Version Installed: Latest version
    Game Mode: Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest or Alliance War.
    Description of the Issue:
    every champ I use will get lag and drop blocks or evade terribly or none at all.
    Sometimes te carácter is moving foward on their own.
    Severe lag during fights, loads really slowly. Dashing back is registered as block. Holding block is registered as tapping block. Special is registered as block. Shutting down of app during 1/2 of the fights.
  • DarK_EviLDarK_EviL Posts: 6
    Device and Version: OnePlus One

Device Operating System: Cyanogen OS 13.1.2 based on Android 6.0.1

Cellular or WiFi: Both

Description of the Issue: abnormal overheat, battery drain, and FPS lagg drop. Both of those problems started with the infinity dungeons update, and now its worse.
  • Device and Model: Lenovo K33a42

Game Version Installed: latest and most recent

Game Mode: NA

Description of the Issue: Unable to log in as the game does not recognise internet availability over cellular network, inspite of full network. Occassionally, allows to log in over WiFi.

THE SITUATION HAS BEEN SAME SINCE THE LAST 2 DAYS. KINDLY RECTIFY ASAP, LEADING TO A LOT OF LOSS IN THE IN-GAME ACTIVITY.7dluuu2twhct.jpeg
  • nghtmMRnghtmMR Posts: 1

Device and Model: Sony Xperia XZ premium
    Device Operating System: Android 8.0
    Cellular or WiFi: Both
    Game Mode: Every mode but mostly wars and quests
    Description of the Issue: app do not working smooth (15-25fps, sometimes slower), sometimes does after waking up phone and open game from background, but slowing down again after minimize or turning screen off. During the weekends time issue became worse, game nearly unplayable, mostly in wars and quests.

Having this issue from nearly 2 years, doesnt matter on which device (before sony Z, sony z1compact, sony z2, sony z3, iphone 8)
  • Motorola E5 Plus
    Android 7.1.1
    Both wifi and cell coverage
    Version 19.0.0
    All Gamemodes
    Blocking and dashing back are delayed, sometimes irresponsive, which results in Parry and dexterity not activating, in the home screen, the low fps is obvious when you look the featured champion, as their idle animations are very jittery and pressing buttons to go to various tabs also takes a second or two to register and then take me there
  • LordSGLordSG Posts: 1
    Device and Model: Lenovo K36b36

Game Mode: Arena, Story Quest, Event Quest, AW, AQ
    Description of Issues: after I open the game, the overheating starts...and after the performance starts dropping,. Frames skipped, lag occurs, controls not respond so well... After sometime, the software / game auto closes or freezes for longer time and I need to restart...
  • Blackfriar63Blackfriar63 Posts: 91
    Device: Samsung Galaxy S9+

Device Operating System: Android 8.0

Cellular or WIFI: Cellular (no WiFi available) but 5 bars of 4G LTE

Game Version: 19.0

Game Mode: Primarily in Arenas, and AQ. But intermittently in all areas of the game.

Description of issues: Super long load times, crashes, etc. 3 out of 4 battles in AQ froze while loading battle, costing me half my health each time. Unresponsive to commands during battle (sticky feet issue) and freezing / frame lag during combat resulting in death and a general poor attitude on my part.
  • FreakydFreakyd Posts: 200
    Oneplus 6
    Android 8.1
    WiFi
    Today and yesterday especially, champs just doing their own thing. They are dashing forward into a heavy when I'm blocking or evading n I'm getting hammered. Given up on today.
  • ChokerspinChokerspin Posts: 9
    So this will make post #4 on this issue in a thread that has 236 comments and has been open for 3 months on an issue that has been around for over 6 months that I can recall. Why does it feel like that KABAM is giving us the "one finger salute" on this? Any response I've received has been generic and doesn't provide any way forward on the issue. Over just putting up with the ****.

Device and Model: Samsung Galaxy S8
    Device Operating System: Android 8.0.0
    Cellular or WiFi: Both WiFi & 46 and 2 different WiFi connections (home & work)
    Description of the Issue:
    Game lag between S/M hit combo to SP 1/2 hit resulting in block/parry by opponent and immediate hits taken
    Swipe back on numerous occasions doesn't happen, champ has immediate hits taken
    Evade but can't block, champ has immediate hits taken
    Opponents ignore hit/block and attack anyway.
    General lag resulting in slow/choppy game play. Champ has hits taken or combo's interrupted.
    SP 1/2/3 not always launching resulting in champ having immediate hits taken
    Combo attacks randomly having heavy attacks or missing some completely resulting in champ having immediate hits taken
    Champ moves forwards even though I've swiped back.
    Parry/Block is sketchy and works about 10% of the time.
    Defenders coming off off stun early
  • JohnLocke117JohnLocke117 Posts: 500 ★★★
    LeEco Cool 1
    Android 7.0
    Both Cellular data and WiFi
    Game v17.2.0
    Since the new update, lags have become too dominant on gameplay. Happens mostly in AQ and AW. The screen freezes while my phone's volume, home, power buttons work very well, the game doesn't respond and I can't do anything but close the game. Also, since the new update, I'm facing lags in my phone too, other apps such as Line do freeze occasionally. Never had this issue before.
    Also, btw a fight, controls go haywire and mediums turn to heavies, dash backs to parries, etc. The controls just cost me my champs.
  • Device and Model: Huawei P20 Lite
    Device Operating System: 8.0
    Game Version Installed: 19.0.0
    Game Mode: Any mode
    Description of the Issue: lags and freeze when some of big size graphics are used. It makes impossible to play for/against M.O.D.O.K., Dormammu, etc. The game uses the max graphics, but phone isn't so powerful.
    My request is to reduce graphics in the next update. Make the game fun again!
  • OhdaveleeOhdavelee Posts: 1
    Device and Model: Nexus 6P
    Device Operating System: 8.1.0
    Cellular or WiFi: Both/Project Fi
    Game Mode: Every d*#n game mode!
    Description of the Issue: I have always had problems with lag and unresponsive controls but since the 19.0 update, the game has become unbearable. My champs will stop a combo two hits in and just stand there. Not one, three, or four - two only. The lag is sooooo much worse. Sometimes I'll get a hit off and then it will pause for about a quarter second and pick up again, sometimes going through a full combo and sometimes not. Stupid. Another problem is dropping my Wifi even though I'm sitting right next to the desk the router is sitting on. What the? NOTHING else I do on my phone has this problem. What else? How much time do you have? How about running into AI's over and over again that want to do "all-or-nothing" and not bait out? Is that a feature? It happened several times with the Black Widow in the Evageline LIlly challenge. Not once, mind you, but seven times in three paths. That's seven fights basically lost because I couldn't bait out forever....forever....forever.... STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What else? Oh yeah...How about those wonderful odd things happening like Moon Knight double evading in two consecutive fights when he has a 5% chance to evade. Yeah, I looked it up. Or how about the game freezing up on the victory screen after fights in AQ. Yes, where I lose half of my health as a reward for losing, er, winning a fight... Yeah, that sucks balls.

There are more problems but I'm sure you don't really care because this stuff is happening all the time and I'm sick of it and it never gets better. We only get new content. We never get better performance.
This discussion has been closed.