**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Alliance Wars Season 3 Discussion Thread

Comments

• UltimatheoryUltimatheory Posts: 520 ★★★
    Any downtime issues in the past have been because of service or software compatibility issues impacting access to the game. This issue has the potential to damage the actual hardware itself. The fact that people can't understand the difference between the two is mind boggling. It's actually worse that players can still access the game this time because they potentially run the risk of seriously damaging their devices. But players will still take that risk to not fall behind.

There were also no major changes to the game, no AW seasons, or any special arenas happening during the other outages mentioned. If there were then yes they probably should/would have been delayed for those instances as well. As it stands, be happy if you don't have issues you have a leg up on other players as you can grind more arena, enter AQ/AW fights without worry of your game crashing and getting a half health penalty and costing your team a defender kill, and still have more time to complete other game content.

But this game is a contest after all, players will always look for a way to get an edge over other players, especially if they have been disadvantaged in the past. This is why online gaming communities are generally not considered the friendliest of places.
  • Blackheart_84Blackheart_84 Posts: 5
    The new mini boss nodes are not a fair fight and for example node 28 needs to have dismay removed
    @Toukolou I definitely agree, AW showed who had skill and who didnt, kabam decicded to change the way AW was when they changed it from the pre 12.0 AW which actually was a great setup and imo better then the newer 1, the new mini bosses have to go otherwise my alliance and many others will boycott season 3
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    LegendJRG wrote: »
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Dropfaith wrote: »
    So when android couldn't log in they got a small chunk of arena boosts
    When apple has a heat issue you cancel major things to cater to them..

Interesting

1. My recollection was that the Android players affected by the extended login failure got a large number of boosts and stamina refills.

2. At the time that occurred, there was no event to delay like AW seasons, and the problem wasn't an ongoing problem. Comparing the two directly in that way isn't a valid comparison.

Agreed. Also worth pointing out that the War Season is dependent on team participation, so the effect is larger. On top of the actual device dangers. Running Seasons could be detrimental because people will most likely try to play through the issues.

So why not shut down the modes entirely until there’s is a fix? We didn’t get the new event and aq rewards yet still received the horribly more difficult aw. If there’s literal danger involved in playing the game for a significant portion of the user base that Kabam is delaying things, shouldn’t all relevant team coordinated events be put on hold?

People who are able to play can still play. Seasons are highly competitive, and would amplify the motivation to log in more. They can't shut down Wars entirely for those not having an issue.
    Also, the Events are starting in a few days.
    @Kabam Miike when u introduced 12.0 and nerfed some of our favourite champions why did u introduce stronger champions then how DS/SW/BW/thor were 12.0, what was the point in nerfing those champions? The way the original AW setup was, was perfect in a lot of ways, yes u could clear the inner lanes and win that way but it was fun, challenging.
    Imo when u took away nodes like thorns it really took away some of the challenge or having to use the right champ, i think some of thses newer nodes are worse and not what i class as challenging more so who ever has the most units will get past the new mini bosses.
    Im a player that has been playing for about 3 yrs and this new setup is something that im happy to boycott as its not “fun”, back when u introduced 12.0 adora stated we would have to adjust and improve, well we as a community have done that now u want to take away the hard work we have done to adjust and improve.
  • StokesXCStokesXC Posts: 38
    #walletwars
  • StokesXCStokesXC Posts: 38
    Who needs to have skill when u can outpay ur opponent
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,503 ★★★★★
    Are we getting war compensation or a shorter war season? If season ends at a later date then we are actually losing rewards for the year as rank ups are pushed back.
  • Vincew80Vincew80 Posts: 196 ★★
    I could care less about compensation. I’d rather they actually made the game stable & above all started putting the players 1st, rather than themselves. If Kabam we’re smart enough to figure that out, I think they’d be surprised at the results. As it stands now, aq sucks, aw sucks & the game is nearly unplayable for many.. not exactly motivation to reward them through our wallets.
  • LegendJRGLegendJRG Posts: 39

Interesting

1. My recollection was that the Android players affected by the extended login failure got a large number of boosts and stamina refills.

2. At the time that occurred, there was no event to delay like AW seasons, and the problem wasn't an ongoing problem. Comparing the two directly in that way isn't a valid comparison.

Agreed. Also worth pointing out that the War Season is dependent on team participation, so the effect is larger. On top of the actual device dangers. Running Seasons could be detrimental because people will most likely try to play through the issues.

So why not shut down the modes entirely until there’s is a fix? We didn’t get the new event and aq rewards yet still received the horribly more difficult aw. If there’s literal danger involved in playing the game for a significant portion of the user base that Kabam is delaying things, shouldn’t all relevant team coordinated events be put on hold?

People who are able to play can still play. Seasons are highly competitive, and would amplify the motivation to log in more. They can't shut down Wars entirely for those not having an issue.

So you draw the line at aw for what’s expected to be too far for players suffering the overheating, which I’m one of. I’m still able to login and make moves in aq and aw so how is delaying season and not other implementations sensical? If people are being affected enough to not be competitive in aw season how can they be expected to complete vastly more time intensive events like EQ, arena, or story questing/LoL?
  • FixxxFixxx Posts: 234
    Will the new mini-boss nodes be adjusted before the start of season 3?
  • BigDaddyJoeBigDaddyJoe Posts: 357 ★★
    edited July 2018
    These new war nodes absolutely killed this part of the game and it’s a complete 100% money / item grab. Say what u want but it’s the truth
    Multiple posts about node 30 and no comment from any mod at all. Why is that?
  • LegendJRG wrote: »

Interesting

So you draw the line at aw for what’s expected to be too far for players suffering the overheating, which I’m one of. I’m still able to login and make moves in aq and aw so how is delaying season and not other implementations sensical? If people are being affected enough to not be competitive in aw season how can they be expected to complete vastly more time intensive events like EQ, arena, or story questing/LoL?

Logic doesn't work on this guy, don't bother.
  • rnr87rnr87 Posts: 394
    Can we get a time line on when season 3 will start its time us as the community get some answers on what to expect from this game moving forward.
  • Cranmer00Cranmer00 Posts: 528 ★★
    UPDATE PLS
  • I also would like to know about other bugs and glitches in the game caused by Kabam new update for some reason black and evade is not working as intended and it's causing a lot of people to spend a lot of resources just to get through monthly quests or what not plus it causes a lot of resources spent on War and a q is there any update on fixing that problem Kabam Mike
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,503 ★★★★★
    AW is no longer fun, lots of allys I know have given up. I understand increasing difficulty a little but these minibosses are harder than LOL. Not fun....after no one but master tier spends in season 3 maybe they will change it back.
  • Armaganon00Armaganon00 Posts: 741 ★★
    I agree its just **** now.... You got bugged dominos, crappy imiw....every where, Aw used to be cool now its just a item grab... to top off last seasons rewards were gimped... i do want to have spen items every way for t2a shards and 1 t5b shard
  • BumbunyonBumbunyon Posts: 42
    If they made defense synergies work instead of making the map more difficult we would get more diversity and difficulty. Instead of one or the other, as AW is full of dorm, IM IW, and the same defenders as the difficulty of the map increases.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    What worries me is what comes next after videos of soloing all the new minibosses get posted. Best case scenario we get synergies back on AW defense, worst case scenario we get new nodes or new combinations of nodes that make Uncollected Infinity Gauntlet Thanos look like AQ Map 1.
    Well said, @hesse911
  • VimesVonlipVimesVonlip Posts: 177 ★★
    Well said @hesse911

Completely agree. Node 30 is a cash grab, nothing else to say really. They want people dropping units on it every war which they'll get.
  • Why is there no compensation for the overheating and the game being unplayable for a month for almost all iOS users?! WHY????????