**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

I'm sick of the 5 star crystal

My last four 5* champs:

Gambit
Ant Man
Moon Knight
Magneto

None of them duped of course (not that any of them are THAT useful duped).

40,000 shards down the drain on worthless champs I'll literally never rank up or use.

What's even funnier is they're including spider Gwen and Luke cage tomorrow.

This game is a mismanaged joke.

Comments

• ADDZZADDZZ Posts: 71
    Cuteshelf wrote: »
    Look mate, we are all in the same boat. I'm getting tired of these posts.

Personally I'm kinda glad they are adding all of the older champs into the crystal (aside from a select few: wolvie/strange etc). The way it was before was either go for featured or never get the champ.

They do need to reassess some of the lesser wanted champs, though, to balance the game better.

5* are the new 4*. They will increase the drop rates of shards at some point and we'll be getting them as frequently as we are currently getting 4*.

Then they'll introduce 6*...

Over 50% of the 5* crystal is trash. You know it, I know it, they know it. For me it's actually closer to 70% but I'm being generous.

Considering you need 5 times the amount of shards compared to a 4*, the pool of champions should at least be worthy of some actual damn use. I can't quest, AQ or AW with any of the 4 I recently got. It's a total BS waste of time.
  • CuteshelfCuteshelf Posts: 747 ★★★
    I wouldn't say 50-70% is trash. But whatever...

And I don't believe you can't use any of those champs in quest/AQ/war.

I've got Carnage(unduped) I used this month in master, I honestly think he's one of the worst champs in the game at the moment.

Moonknight packs a punch and has some great utility. Just can be annoying to use during certain phases, but isn't terrible for war def at those times.

Gambit Can stun like a mofo.

Magneto is good for synergies with the rest of the xmen crew, plus his L2 a lot of people have trouble evading, so could be useful in War def.

Antman definately needs to be duped to be useful but I've seen a lot of LoL clears with multiple Antmen for synergies with YJ for extra damage.

We've all got/had 'crappy' 5* due to the fact that most need to be duped to be useful, but we are all in the same boat.

I've got 9 now, and only have 1 duped and 1 awakened. They are good for arena at the very least.
    I think you need to calm down, and be patient. You got this far without 5* and can get by on 4* for a while longer. They aren't necessary, just desired.
  • Sanji1989Sanji1989 Posts: 4
    Moon Knight is the best in your choices. He is only ever useful to me during full moon phase even unduped coz his signature is a bit of a joke. Still needs improvement on his abilities or increase the damage of his bleeds drastically to be more usable. Anyway that are just my opinion.
  • SpeedbumpSpeedbump Posts: 1,520 ★★★
    True story.....
  • Noob_2yrsNoob_2yrs Posts: 67
    ADDZZ wrote: »
    My last four 5* champs:

Gambit
    Ant Man
    Moon Knight
    Magneto

40,000 shards down the drain on worthless champs I'll literally never rank up or use.

You can not use every champ for offence or defence, and many champs just for arena to score quickly.
  • ZENZEN Posts: 151
    I opened two featured champ xtal. I got Antman and duped him. Opened two regular 5* xtal, I got IP and IM... Opened another featured champ xtal and duped Antman again... Now, tell me, who's luckier than both of us...
    Noob_2yrs wrote: »
    My last four 5* champs:

Gambit
    Ant Man
    Moon Knight
    Magneto

You can not use every champ for offence or defence, and many champs just for arena to score quickly.

I don't understand the point of them then. Please explain it to me. Why does the development team spend its time creating champs that are essentially useless?

All the bugs in this game, and the slow rate of new content (a whole 2 years for act 5 lol), and they're releasing garbage like what's in the 5* crystal?

Let's do something productive...
  • Il_JooOIl_JooO Posts: 468 ★★
    I don't understand the point of them then. Please explain it to me. Why does the development team spend its time creating champs that are essentially useless?

All the bugs in this game, and the slow rate of new content (a whole 2 years for act 5 lol), and they're releasing garbage like what's in the 5* crystal?

Let's do something productive...

They don't want us to get Starlord neither one time for mistake.. imagine dupe him! what a shame.. so many people trying to do the Labyrinth of Legend!
  • HoidCosmereHoidCosmere Posts: 550 ★★
    I'm sorry, what are you complaining about? You got 4 random champs from a random champ crystal. Seems to be about what is expected. If you got the same champ 4 times, then you might have a complaint about a bug. Did you not know those champs we possible from the crystal you opened? We all get champs we prefer not to get, it is the nature of the random reward system.

A suggestion on how to handle getting a champ you don't plan on using, since this is what I do when that happens. Don't spend resources on them, use it on the champs you will use.

There, problem solved, have a nice day.
  • MEŦAPħҰSMEŦAPħҰS Posts: 340 ★★
    Welcome to the RNG system. If you don't like it, don't play. None of the champs you listed are useless. I would recommend you to read up on them, watch some YT and learn to use what you've got. If you don't want to do all of that, you're welcome to start all over with a new account.

Happy grinding :)
  • I have 5 5* and am possibly the luckiest person alive to have done this...i1p378kup70c.png

But then I pulled 4* Luke cage 4 times in a row so karma.
    A guy on Reddit just opened 4 featured 5* crystals and got

2 yellow jacket
    Ant Man
    Juggy

The game is total BS lol.
  • NoobeeusNoobeeus Posts: 332 ★★
    My last 5 have been

Cyc
    Colossus
    Ronan
    Spider Man
    Yellow Jacket

No Dupes - Yes it sucks
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Considering you thinking Moon Knoght is useless you can't know much.

He is amazing on a full moon, Gambit can do huge damage with charges.

Magneto can be a pain to fight and I imagine do some damage himself.

Yep it isn't SL, or Magik, or Mordo but they still alright champs so shush whinging

I have Mags. He's not bad, actually.
  • um0p3pisdnum0p3pisdn Posts: 59
    @JohnnyViper My first 5* Was Star-Lord, second was Winter Soldier, and third was a Star-Lord dupe. . . .i got super lucky ;)
  • WilsonsrevengeWilsonsrevenge Posts: 19
    Look guy at least you have that many 5* I have yet to get 1. Granted the work and time you have to put in just to get the shards is a joke. Plus the amount of shards needed and amount awarded is a little out of proportion. That could change.
    Look guy at least you have that many 5* I have yet to get 1. Granted the work and time you have to put in just to get the shards is a joke. Plus the amount of shards needed and amount awarded is a little out of proportion. That could change.

I have 12 5*, one is duped. That's my point. 120,000 shards and almost 2 years of work has amounted to 1 useful champ (magik, not even duped) and 11 worthless arena fodder garbage.

Great game you've got here kabam.
  • KobaltKobalt Posts: 29
    Magneto. Is a thorns killing machine. You don't even need him duped.
  • KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    My last four 5* champs:

Gambit
    Ant Man
    Moon Knight
    Magneto

It's the player, not the champ. Learn how to use them effectively and you'll find them solid. There are some champs that are much weaker than others, but those you have listed aren't terrible. Think in terms of synergy as well, they can help with your questing teams be making other champs stronger. Learn to use different champs and you'll gain a better appreciation for the game.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    A guy on Reddit just opened 4 featured 5* crystals and got

2 yellow jacket
    Ant Man
    Juggy

The game is total BS lol.

Wait a second. Are you saying a duped 5* Yellow Jacket is useless? I thought this was a serious thread for a second, haha joke's on me.
  • CrusherOfDreamsCrusherOfDreams Posts: 1,370 ★★★
    If you think 5 star crystals are so bad, don't buy them.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    edited July 2017
    So to summarize.....they're all useless because you don't roll the ones you want?
  • CrusherOfDreamsCrusherOfDreams Posts: 1,370 ★★★
    So to summarize.....they're all useless because you don't roll the ones you want?

Yes.