**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

I spent $300 dollars on featured crystals, got nothing.

The title says it all. I have been playing this game for only 2 months. I wanted to advance my roster so I could be a heavy hitter and join a higher alliance, and have the characters that were sought after in this game. I heard that I could get good four stars by buying the featured crystals. I bought 6300 units worth of the 150 unit featured crystals, and I got were 2 stars and three stars. I wasted 300 dollars on the game and got nothing. Are you happy now Kabam? One way you could improve the game is by selling crystals that actually have good four star champs in them so those of us who just started the game could progress faster instead of trying to always catch up to 100K players who have been playing for 2 years.

Comments

• 1nfinity241nfinity24 Posts: 13
    I don't feel so bad about losing 1400 units because I let my kid open a 4* crystal now. That hurts man. If you stick it out, get used to pain. You almost have to be a masochist to play this game.
  • KidKrushergaminKidKrushergamin Posts: 18
    Anyone can tell you man. It's all just a scam. Don't spend money at ALL on featured crystals. Real money or units. The chances are very low.

I mean I got my Gwenpool that way but I was forced so yea lol
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,191 ★★★★★
    Anyone can tell you man. It's all just a scam. Don't spend money at ALL on featured crystals. Real money or units. The chances are very low.

I mean I got my Gwenpool that way but I was forced so yea lol

I'm curious. How were you forced?
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    I would say the silver lining is that with MCOC, the "pay to play" is 100% by choice. You can play absolutely for free and aren't at a significant disadvantage.

I quit playing Game of War about 6 months ago. In order to "keep up" simply to survive against other players, you would have to spend somewhere around $100 every two weeks. I had guys in my alliance who would drop hundreds of dollars a week on that game. One spent $10k in a weekend for one of the elite events...and still lost.

I've probably spent about $50 through various small offers on MCOC and don't regret any of it.

But as others have posted above and throughout the forums, spending units on hero crystals is probably the biggest waste of units in the game. Do I still do it? At least one or two with each featured one. Still don't have a featured champ, although I did get my duped 3* Dormammu and 4* Hyperion from them (they weren't the featured).
  • Well this is your fault, You spent the money and used it on crystals which you should know usually only award 2 star champions, There is no point in complaining, after all you did make that bad choice.
  • Clobberin_TimeClobberin_Time Posts: 87
    Well if you do spend money, you should probably wait on special offers. Every night w and again they will run an offer that garuntees a 4* for about $30 US, on the low end. Featured hero crystals are a waste in my opinion. Good luck with the game and stuff!
  • No_More_HeroesNo_More_Heroes Posts: 471 ★★
    The title says it all. I have been playing this game for only 2 months. I wanted to advance my roster so I could be a heavy hitter and join a higher alliance, and have the characters that were sought after in this game. I heard that I could get good four stars by buying the featured crystals. I bought 6300 units worth of the 150 unit featured crystals, and I got were 2 stars and three stars. I wasted 300 dollars on the game and got nothing. Are you happy now Kabam? One way you could improve the game is by selling crystals that actually have good four star champs in them so those of us who just started the game could progress faster instead of trying to always catch up to 100K players who have been playing for 2 years.

I wanna know what clowns are saying such ridiculous things like "could get good four stars by buying the featured crystals." If you happen to see them punch them in the face for giving such awful information.
  • DrOctavius2_2DrOctavius2_2 Posts: 432 ★★
    Consider it an important life lesson to not spend that amount of money on a mobile game
  • Josh2PlayJosh2Play Posts: 115
    @PeterStreit Don't wanna sound like a douche or something, but if you have to rely on luck to get champions, you're doing it wrong, never buy featured crystals to improve your roster, it's just better and more optimal to grind the arena and get the shards to open 4 stars, not even 2 months in and i'm at 75k prestige.

But then again, rip my friend, that luck is tough, i'm 0/10 on featured crystals.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,191 ★★★★★
    The Drops are extremely low for Featured Crystals. I've landed one 4* in the entire time I've played and spent an insane amount on them. It's just something to be aware of. There's always a chance taken with them. There's no guarantee. It's up to us to gauge whether we want to try for them, and whether we want to continue trying if we don't roll it the first time. Buying many doesn't increase the Drop Rate. It just gives more chances at the same rate.
  • NoobeeusNoobeeus Posts: 332 ★★
    not to rub anything in but yeah, features suck, if you enjoy playing get prepared for the long game.

2 year (this week) player, minimal $ maybe $500 over 2 years and have a 455k account.
  • K1lltasticK1lltastic Posts: 674 ★★★
    Josh2Play wrote: »
    @PeterStreit Don't wanna sound like a douche or something, but if you have to rely on luck to get champions, you're doing it wrong, never buy featured crystals to improve your roster, it's just better and more optimal to grind the arena and get the shards to open 4 stars, not even 2 months in and i'm at 75k prestige.

But then again, rip my friend, that luck is tough, i'm 0/10 on featured crystals.

PI, not prestige.
  • Josh2PlayJosh2Play Posts: 115
    @K1lltastic Yup that, thank you, i always mix them up.
    Josh2Play wrote: »
    @K1lltastic Yup that, thank you, i always mix them up.

I'd kill for a 75k prestige hahaha!
    Not a problem, my friend
  • NoobeeusNoobeeus Posts: 332 ★★
    edited July 2017
    @DNA3000 An odin in Australia costs $159.99
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,645 ★★★★★
    edited July 2017
    Cheap lesson to learn early, think of how many more you would've spent if you snagged a good champ. You'd be in for 300 every time you see an awesome featured crystal and get nothing while hoping for something good.

No flowers, no decent meal, not even a kiss goodbye.

I learned my lesson buying awakening gems just prior to the Great Nerf.
    Noobeeus wrote: »
    @DNA3000 An odin in Australia costs $159.99

And $139.99 in Canada. Taxes on the purchase, and many countries break the $300 mark for 2 Odin's Vault.
  • Skidz9Skidz9 Posts: 54
    You just learned a valuable lesson don't spend money on this game. Very rarely a decent deal will come and I mean VERY rarely.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    $149 in New Zealand, but I also know the currency conversion is about $0.7USD to $1NZD.

The stupid cheap daily offers are $7.50 each.
  • CuteshelfCuteshelf Posts: 747 ★★★
    Mate this is essentially gambling, only spend what you're willing to lose.
  • SlySlySlySly Posts: 352 ★★
    K-k-k-k-kabameeeed!
  • gatra_hpgatra_hp Posts: 98
    i spent 750units and got a 3* BW.
    i regret. no way i'll get 4* from featured crystal.
  • NguyenDauNguyenDau Posts: 248
    There is many ways to get better roster..
    Buy u throught a bigger better roaster can be an v v expensive time for u. I bet somewhere over 1000$ pr month .

I suggest since u only have played for about 2 month.
    1. Join an ally - thats the main thing to do, to get shards faster.
    2. Work through story event
    3. grind in areana with ur currently roaster - gives u units and gold
    4. Do any smaller event.
    5. learn the game.

I have played the game almost 2 years.. and never used any $$$$. also mean i miss alot of the god tier champ.
    Hyperion, Hood, Doc Voodoo, Mordo, Gwenpool... but hey.. they are all added to the basic so i hope soon or later i will get them,,

Its Kabam.. and well i bet all have been kabammed.. Save like 3000 units and try throught a feature.. get all 2 stars.
    Save for 45k 5 star shards for a feature get collosus, or some crappy 5 star.. that either just stay as rank 1 for ever..

Part of the game..

• TryakshaTryaksha Posts: 202
    I am an extremely casual player.. over two years just touching about 200k. Once by mistake i bought an odins chest and once i needed to buy starlords loot. apart from that i have just progressed by playing say a hour a day, on good days a couple of hours.. its not that difficult if you are in a decent alliance..
    @Tryaksha
    Ouch... accidentally purchasing an Odin's Vault must suck. Sorry to hear
  • TryakshaTryaksha Posts: 202
    K1lltastic wrote: »
    @Tryaksha
    Ouch... accidentally purchasing an Odin's Vault must suck. Sorry to hear

Yep one of those super drunk weekend birthday parties.. Made a note to myself.. whenever i go to such parties log out of the game LOL..
  • KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    Seriously, if you've never filed a claim with Google, consider doing that. It may not be the best thing to do, but you can always try. If they claimed and increase in 4*s and 60 crystals later it didn't happen, then maybe you have a chance to say it's a purchase that wasn't as advertised. Possibly could be a violation of TOS, but $300 for **** is no laughing matter.
  • weavileweavile Posts: 288
    you know what I would do with 6300 unit: buy 9 premium, high chance that you get 1 or 2 3* in there, get that offer for the 3* crystal and buy it (400) after that the 4* crystal offer appear and buy 2 of them (2500 each). And that is the dumb way to do, the best way it: buy mastery core.
  • KidKrushergaminKidKrushergamin Posts: 18
    @GroundedWisdom

By my best friend. He pushed to do two and on the second I got her. I was utterly speechless.