**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

So, all buffs and debuffs are "passive" now?

Why do these new champs have passive buffs and debuffs? You guys keep changing the rules!!!!

How can something be passive when it's actively doing something? Huh? Answer that. Your logic is just build something up, tear it down again with something else.

Have some dignity! Challenge yourselves!

Comments

• CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Passive has always been a thing. Dpx, karnak, oml, dorm, magik, RR, punisher, gambit, rh, cw, falcon, kp, magneto, fixit...
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,760 ★★★★★
    Is creates more diversity in champions and abilities ...
  • HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★
    There are too many mechanics/counters against champs with a lot of buffs. Just name a few mystic dispersion, Voodoo poison, Morningstar L2, etc. Kabam has realized this and passive buffs are the way to go to making a new character get some buffs and not be absolutely ****.
  • 2StarKing2StarKing Posts: 855 ★★★
    So these champs won't be penalized by Mystic Dispersion.
  • charaderdude2charaderdude2 Posts: 1,530 ★★★
    Apparently so.
  • Vossler77Vossler77 Posts: 683 ★★
    Just hit them. They fall like any other new champs.
  • XxOriginalxXXxOriginalxX Posts: 1,324 ★★★
    The one that bothers me most is the spider characters, like just let me nullify sym spidey’s Evade
  • shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    More and more are like that, definitely the new trend by Kabam intentionally. Sometimes kind of hate those passive buff/debuff
  • RafikiiRafikii Posts: 239
    @AxeCopFire you beat me to it
  • BigDaddyJoeBigDaddyJoe Posts: 357 ★★
    It also makes champs that fate seal not as useful. Example GR his L1 won’t keep Symbiotic SM from gaining his evade buff 😐
  • JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    People didn’t complain about md, they complained about refreshing buffs triggering it. But that wouldn’t suit your little insult I guess.
  • ASV27ASV27 Posts: 91
    Because you can't nullify passive buffs. Makes them harder to kill in AW.
  • weavileweavile Posts: 288
    it's not about MD but a lot of champion lost their use with these "passive" buff. You can't nullify or stagger, rouge can't steal them, Yondu doesn't have a field day with IWIM, etc
  • EvilEmpireEvilEmpire Posts: 639 ★★★
    This whole mess could have been avoided if WP and MD weren’t such ridiculously broken concepts, but hey foresight 🤷‍♂️ Company needs to identify this broken **** way earlier and fix it, not bandaid after bandaid to avoid refunds and RDTs.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,677 ★★★★★
    edited July 2018
    It stops a handful of champs being the answer to everything when champs are full of active buffs.

The first 11 words of the above is why we had 12.0, I've said it before but Kabam have learned to boil the frog rather than dropping it in.

Expect more minor changes in the guise of "buffs" with major impact that cannot be called nerfs.
  • LovingkidLovingkid Posts: 330 ★★
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    Passive has always been a thing. Dpx, karnak, oml, dorm, magik, RR, punisher, gambit, rh, cw, falcon, kp, magneto, fixit...

Dude all of those buffs debuffs are very unique whether it be true strike or dimensional link or oml regen or falcons ability all of those
    But
    OP is talking about the fury and armor up buffs and debuffs , can u read it armore up which was removable by armore break and fury which was nullyfyable
    But now we cant
    Thats what making all the old champs literally useless like iron fist
    Think , that IF guy is already useless and hes in 5* and 6* pool from the beginning
    What do you have to say about that?