**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

4* awakening generic....prcr increased?

2»

Comments

• Starkiller_KE2_0Starkiller_KE2_0 Posts: 154
    That statement is made many times, but people don't see the actual value of Rarities hasn't changed. People might be focusing on 5*s but that hasn't changed the in-game value of a 4*.
    I don't like Gold. Doesn't suit my skin tone. Have little use for it. Doesn't take away from the Market Value of it.
    The "actual value of rarities" has definitely change, its literally just economic inflation (with character rarities being used as currency in this case). Lets use the US dollar as an example, in 1960, the US dollar had the same spending power as $8.50 does in 2018. Inflation happens because over time, more and more of the same currency is pumped into the market. Now, switching over to character rarities, lets say a month after launch, there were 100 4* characters in the game, if in July of 2018 it is safe to assume that well over 1 million 4* exist in the game, then the value of a 4* has to have decreased. Its just economics, this is just fact.
    A 4* is still a 4*. There's a whole misconception that "4 is the new 3, 5 is the new 4", but that just pertains to where people are individually at and what they choose to focus on. Sorry, but that does not affect the actual value of it, especially to others who are using those 4*s and working on acquiring them. Everything has an In-Game Value, and it doesn't change based on people moving past the need for them because there are others in the game who haven't.
    Once again, a dollar is still a dollar, but why can't I buy the same thing with my dollar that I could three years ago? Inflation, and you are either blind or stupid if you don't see the obvious inflation in the game. I agree, to beginners a 4* is quite rare, the same way a dollar is fun to have as a 5 year old. However, the overall market now dictates that dollar will buy virtually nothing, the same way a 4* now means much less to the MCOC market. I would agree with you to a certain extent if there were no player v player aspect in the game.However since Alliance war exists, 4* values do not increase for a beginning player vs a veteran player, alliance war makes a 4* a universal currency, and only the 3rd best currency in the current state of the game.

The problem is people place their own value on it based on what it's worth to them, but that doesn't change the actual value of it. Hence repeated comments about it being optional if people don't feel it's worth it. We can't say what the norm is based on two Offers. One could be a discounted price, one not. Both aren't grossly overpriced, regardless of the opinions. A 4* is still valuable. So is a Gem and Sig Stones.

You are missing my point, in this game, 4* characters (and their respective gems and stones) have an ACTUAL market value. This is an undeniable fact as these are the basis of the entire game. Therefore whether a beginner views this character as more valuable then an end game player (the true value is somewhere between these two views) there is an REAL value for these characters (you can see drop rates in PHC, the ever-present access to 4-star shards, arenas, etc etc...) and therefore every day that goes by, more and more 4 stars are flooded into the market decreasing their value on the market. This fact is further enforced by the presence of better "currency", 5 star and 6 star characters. IF these characters even EXIST on the market, let alone to the prevalence that they now have on the market, they IMMEDIATELY decrease the value of every 4* present on the market, this is inarguable.

This once agains goes back to my analogy of a 5 year old with a dollar (a beginner with a 4*), its pretty cool for that kid to have a dollar because previously he didnt have it. However, to his parent (an end game player), that dollar is seemingly useless because rent/bills/food/utilities/etc.. cost thousands of those little dollars a month. Now, both of these people have placed their own personal value on this dollar, however the real value of that dollar is in what the market dictates that value to be. With that real value comes real inflation, meaning that dollar will continue to decrease in value to BOTH of these people every day until the end of time.

In summary, the more 4*,5*,6* characters that are opened in the game, means every 4*,5*,6* character decreases in value. This is an economics lesson brought to you by your friendly neighborhood starkiller
  • Starkiller_KE2_0Starkiller_KE2_0 Posts: 154
    This is the point where I just agree to disagree.
    This still really isn't up to debate, it is a fact inflation exists, and a fact that 4* characters succumb to it. We are just trying to show you that.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    Inflation is not a term that applies to a game.

I'm going to say this one more time and then the discussion can continue without me.
    They're not "hiking the prices when the game is bugged". These Offers are made well in advance, and are not affected by ongoing issues. Some will be lowered in terms of price. Some won't. They're offered for a range of Players at different stages in the game, so not all will appeal to everyone.
    There is a trend of people examining an Offer and saying it should be alot less. That happens just about every Offer put out, and is entirely subjective. It all depends on where they're at and what they think it's worth. However, the actual value is separate from that. For some people, 4*s don't matter because they get them like candy, and they have Gems aplenty. For others, they're trying to build a Roster, and have none Awakened. There's always an instinct to apply where someone is at to the worth of something, but that doesn't make it any more a state of the game than me not thinking a pair of Oakley Sunglasses are worth it. Fact is, their value in the Market exists separate from my opinion.
    4*s still have a Market Value, and it hasn't lowered as much as people believe, just because they're focusing on 5*s. That's about all I will say about it.
  • 3ul3r23ul3r2 Posts: 56
    edited July 2018
    @Kabam Spice @Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Ahab can one of y'all do your job and communicate exactly why this deal is worse. This is yet another slap in the face. Ridiculous and you should be ashamed of the people you work for.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    I honestly can't understand how you can honestly believe
    Inflation is not a term that applies to a game.
    AND THEN say
    4*s still have a Market Value

Those two things LITERALLY cannot go together, so I agree, you should stop posting here because your low intelligence is literally hurting anyone that reads your posts.

A Market in the game is not subject to Inflation. We're not talking about the price of Gas.
  • RaikisRaikis Posts: 173
    I bought it. I have only 10 five stars, two rank 3, rest not that great pulls. Trying now to dupe Archangel in arena and with generic I will be able to dupe and max out one more champ, which will help me progress. I am playing about 8 months and haven’t seen many offers like this, generic rare
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,498 ★★★★★
    Nobody has ever accused Kabam of operating their company with integrity.
  • axelelf_1axelelf_1 Posts: 775 ★★★
    Dropfaith wrote: »
    Always know when seatin makes a video the whiney fanboys flood the forum

lol. Jealous much? People are "whiney" because they increased the price on an item that's decreasing in value? Yeah, makes sense.

• Maximus0215Maximus0215 Posts: 128
    Found this response from another thread that got closed.

Kabam Zibiit
    11:34AM
    Hey there everyone, I just wanted to pop in and address a few thing. To begin with, not every deal will appeal to everyone, but there are always new deals coming down the road. Second, not everything will necessarily be the exact same cost every time it goes on sale, which is usually the case in most shops. A department store may sell an item for 10% off during some sales but 50% off during others, it just depends on the sale running at that moment. That being said, we do appreciate those who have offered constructive feedback and will be passing it along to the rest of the team to keep in mind.
  • FixxxFixxx Posts: 234

Kabam Zibiit
    Hey there everyone, I just wanted to pop in and address a few thing. To begin with, not every deal will appeal to everyone, but there are always new deals coming down the road. Second, not everything will necessarily be the exact same cost every time it goes on sale, which is usually the case in most shops. A department store may sell an item for 10% off during some sales but 50% off during others, it just depends on the sale running at that moment. That being said, we do appreciate those who have offered constructive feedback and will be passing it along to the rest of the team to keep in mind.

Purposefully obtuse. If this were a discounted sale, it would have included the slashed original cost then the sale cost, like they do every time they are selling discounted items

• TheLegend27TheLegend27 Posts: 1,315 ★★★★★

Kabam Zibiit

Wow. That's just a bad response...

On a side note, I always see these kind of replies ending with "pass along to the team". Does that actually ever happen or is there anyone at Kabam that actually cares if it is passed on? Honestly. I've seen so many responses end with this line and then nothing is addressed and it seems as if Kabam gets 0 feedback. It absolutely blows my mind, if they actually were getting feedback about the playerbase, that they would increase the price of a previous offer during a period where player/company tension is pretty high. Or maybe Kabam does get this feedback and they are simply stupid (not trying to being inflammatory, just blunt) . It's one or the other.
  • ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★

Kabam Zibiit

what happens when they offer the same deal at 1500,1600,1800 units? inflation? as i can SEE it 4* are becoming WAY to easier/common as time passes by.

back when i used to play people used to buy 4* at 2500 untis pop up deals, YES this game 4* drop rate was THAT bad.

my first 4* was when i was almost lv 40 and had to 100% act 3 to get my first fully form 4*.

no calenders
    no shards for dupes
    no sig abilities
    no summoners advancement

as i can see it as time passes by value for 4* becoming less and less. i now see people getting 12+ 4* in there first 2 months of playing in beginner/intermediate.
  • RafikiiRafikii Posts: 239
    The real issue is, my girl started playing this game. pulled a 4* fairly early but doesnt fully understand the game. She puts barely ANY time onto the game, yet can still run heroic mode EQ fairly easily.
    Shes now lvl 35, has only completed act1 and barely started act 2, has done a run through of normal and heroic 100% for EQ the last 2 months, and has 5 4*s, one at rank 4 some how.

please tell me how valuable and rare 4*s are to newer players?
    edited July 2018
    Rafikii wrote: »
    The real issue is, my girl started playing this game. pulled a 4* fairly early but doesnt fully understand the game. She puts barely ANY time onto the game, yet can still run heroic mode EQ fairly easily.
    Shes now lvl 35, has only completed act1 and barely started act 2, has done a run through of normal and heroic 100% for EQ the last 2 months, and has 5 4*s, one at rank 4 some how.

please tell me how valuable and rare 4*s are to newer players?

They arent rare as they used to be if u read my post above yours,
    when the game came out people would buy those 2500 unit 4* crystals u would see pop up. those are the og of og deals.

about 1 1/2 -2 years ago 4* crystal was "value" about $50* and an awakening gem crystal was being sold for $100.

and now "generic" awakenings are being sold 1200 unit + "generic" sig stones..and remember every 20 is value as a 4* dupe... it was 800 units about 6 months ago, thats why i made this post
  • RafikiiRafikii Posts: 239
    No thats what i mean. I completely agree. they are in no way considered rare in the slightest bit anymore.
    Its more of me responding towards their loss in value argument further above. Their value is garbage except for iso to 75% of the community at this point.
  • crogscrogs Posts: 764 ★★★
    edited July 2018
    Just because one Offer is a good deal doesn't make it the norm to say the next is an increase. I can go to Payless and get shoes 20% off. The next week, they'll be the original price.
    For that matter, it's not a bad deal.
    But dont you agree that with everything going on since the 19.0 update the playerbase deserves a "20% off shoe"? I mean, it would just show goodwill to re release that offer at the same price to kinda apologize, but no they just decided to say "you'll pay more cause we say so" and then shut the door in our face.

Because they don't have real rhyme or reason as we would think they would. They throw offers up strictly to appeal to people at different points in the game and hope they stick. The ones we deem expensive aren't really geared towards us because we've progressed to a certain point in the game. But people on the cusp of their first 5* R4 or 4* R5 and so on would justify the price to be able to rank, awaken and so forth. People with mature 4* rosters are looking for cheap ways to awaken a 4. If it comes across, great, if not, no big deal. Someone without a mature roster might be more desperate.

They don't give a rat's a$$ about how sh1tty their performance has been or how their fan base feels. The funnier thing is you or anyone else thinks they should. They don't, plain and simple. I'm sure there's a board room and discussions about this stuff, and it's always about how little can they give to try and appease the user base. Or one about not caring if they appease the user base because they'll still play. It's marvel. We have them over a barrel so screw them. It's about their bottom line, nothing more, nothing less.

Get used to it and play/spend accordingly. Once you've settled in to their ways and have accepted and adjust, you'll be much happier. Try and be uber competitive and let this stuff get to you, you'll be nothing but miserable and frustrated while playing.
  • BrainimpacterBrainimpacter Posts: 578 ★★★
    edited July 2018
    increased or not its still good value for people with a god 4* champ that do not have a 5* version, couple years ago you would pay quadruple the cost it is now.
  • DoctorofEvilDoctorofEvil Posts: 217
    I received my undergraduate degree in Economics and have worked in business and finance. I think these conversations are very interesting.

First, Kabam will ultimately look at the sales from this offer and the sales from the last offer and see if they overpriced it or not. If they raise the price but sales don't fall enough to offset the increased price Kabam will still make more money off this sale then they did previously. (Personally, I think Kabam overpriced this and will sell significantly less)

Second, in game almost always get cheaper and not more expensive. This should be obviously. ESPECIALLY when players now use 5 and 6 stars. I can't imagine many scenarios where the value of a four star gem would increase (only one would be that with more and more heroes you are less and less likely to dupe one through crystal rolling than you were a year ago)

Third - it's true that many new players NEED four star awakening gems to progress. However, it's much wiser to make it EASIER for them to get these resources so they will become competitive players and will then become whales and spend more.

Kabam would be wise to slash the cost of the 3 star hero crystal to 200 units and the four star hero crystal to 1250. They would sell a lot more to the newer players and the older players wouldn't be hurt in the least
    @DoctorofEvil
    "Kabam would be wise to slash the cost of the 3 star hero crystal to 200 units and the four star hero crystal to 1250. They would sell a lot more to the newer players and the older players wouldn't be hurt in the least "

you do know...these are same pop up deals that was when this game was released 3.5 years ago? they haven't changed it at all.

"First, Kabam will ultimately look at the sales from this offer and the sales from the last offer and see if they overpriced it or not. If they raise the price but sales don't fall enough to offset the increased price Kabam will still make more money off this sale then they did previously. (Personally, I think Kabam overpriced this and will sell significantly less)"

there are always selling overpriced rip offers. honestly there isn't anything that will be close to 4th of july deals

"Second, in game almost always get cheaper and not more expensive. This should be obviously. ESPECIALLY when players now use 5 and 6 stars. I can't imagine many scenarios where the value of a four star gem would increase (only one would be that with more and more heroes you are less and less likely to dupe one through crystal rolling than you were a year ago)"

A lot of people invested into there 4* rosters and there was a time when a 4* crystal by itself was worth buying for 2500 units when the game came out. and there was a time when a 4* crystal by itself for $50,$30 was a good deal.
    Now its easier than ever to get 4* shards and ofcourse value of a 4* is being decreased rapidly due to 6* in the game.

I have over
    110+ 4*
    70+ 5*
    not counting dupes, but there was a time, when I value 4* very highly when I had 20,30,40 but as "my" time increased with the game as I played more and value to a 4* is lessen. Now "my" value for a 5* has decrease significantly. I would rather spend for 6* offers rather than 5* offers since I already have a deep,well developed 5* roster.

"Third - it's true that many new players NEED four star awakening gems to progress. However, it's much wiser to make it EASIER for them to get these resources so they will become competitive players and will then become whales and spend more"

Ofcourse I remember when 4* random awakening gem was worth the gamble for 50$, then they released a choose ur 4* awakening gem for the same price later on and thought that was a good deal, when I was trying to dupe certain champ. But if I started today I wouldn't think spending 50$ for a awakening gem would be worth it in todays market.

Nowadays they are selling those 4* like hotcakes to make new players spend more since they want to develop there roster. People always feel like they need to "catch up" so they buy deals so they cane compete in aq/aw.
  • Bear3Bear3 Posts: 996 ★★★
    Have to agree with wisdom. Agree to disagree. 4* aren’t valuable for many but are valuable for many others. Act 4 is still act 4 and 4* help you get through that and other newer player challenges. Aw newer players are playing with and against other newer lower tier players. People are still more than happy to get their hands on a 4* Imiw for instance... and other 4*’s in the top tiers. End of day, agree to disagree.