**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

First five star

okay so I got my first 5* champ, and its Venom. How disappointed should I be? is it worth investing in ranking him up or should I save my resources?

Comments

• BlacksparkBlackspark Posts: 24
    He was my fourth five star... my first was venpmpool...and while they are definitely not as bad as most people believe, you should definitely be disappointed..... on the bright side, I got GR as my second five star, so you might have similar luck
  • lewiscallanlewiscallan Posts: 5
    Blackspark wrote: »
    He was my fourth five star... my first was venpmpool...and while they are definitely not as bad as most people believe, you should definitely be disappointed..... on the bright side, I got GR as my second five star, so you might have similar luck
    well fingers crossed :D

• HollowbornHollowborn Posts: 345
    My last four 5* crystals have been: Hulkbuster, Iron Patriot, Juggernaut and Beast.
    Stay strong my friend, the contest can be a brutal... :sweat:
  • Hey lewiscallan!

When it comes to Venom, many players say that the overall "feel" of Venom is rather smooth when it comes to his attack animations. From personal experience, he was my first 3 Star Champion, and he served me very well when I used him due to how he flowed with his combos.

In addition, due to his Replicate ability, players feel he's better for longer fights, as building up various resistances and buffs mean that he can do excellent damage as long as you're patient and wait for the right time.

All in all, I'd say getting Venom isn't bad at all, so congratulations on getting him!
  • SolotrixSolotrix Posts: 64
    Just get him to level 25 and leave him at rank 1. I did that with my carnage
  • SolotrixSolotrix Posts: 64
  • SpeedbumpSpeedbump Posts: 1,520 ★★★
    Solotrix wrote: »

Well that's silly, cause Carnage has really high prestige.
  • PrimeSaviour_27PrimeSaviour_27 Posts: 364 ★★★
    He's very good for Arena.

Just R1 him don't put more resources into him unless there expiring. The Kabam gods can be brutal sometimes.
  • IanMooneIanMoone Posts: 640 ★★
    My spidey sense tells me come october venom film version will outshine current venom lol.

Like how stark spidey outshines all the spidey's in the game
  • TheSquish671TheSquish671 Posts: 2,880 ★★★★★
    IanMoone wrote: »
    My spidey sense tells me come october venom film version will outshine current venom lol.

Like how stark spidey outshines all the spidey's in the game

At least the other spideys are decent(spidergwen excluded), both venom and carnage suck
  • XxOriginalxXXxOriginalxX Posts: 1,324 ★★★
    My defense for venom is if he’s awakened and you don’t roll physical resist or armor on your first thing, he has decent damage, other than that, replicate can be cool, that’s about it, his animations are among the best imo
  • AeycoahdeeAeycoahdee Posts: 24
    A kabam moderator saying that a less than awesome champ is worth ranking is like a car salesmen selling you a lemon. Don’t waste your iso, gold or cats taking him past rank 2 (at most). But it could be worse.... she hulk lurks. (Insert someone saying “she’s not bad”)

At least venom looks cool. And when the movie comes out you can say, “Hey I’ve got him as a 5*!”
  • Whododo872Whododo872 Posts: 1,042 ★★★
    Hey lewiscallan!

When it comes to Venom, many players say that the overall "feel" of Venom is rather smooth when it comes to his attack animations. From personal experience, he was my first 3 Star Champion, and he served me very well when I used him due to how he flowed with his combos.

In addition, due to his Replicate ability, players feel he's better for longer fights, as building up various resistances and buffs mean that he can do excellent damage as long as you're patient and wait for the right time.

All in all, I'd say getting Venom isn't bad at all, so congratulations on getting him!

I have to agree with this top point here. Only champ (venompool too, of course) that I can consistently intercept with using light attacks to shut down apporaches. Fast and long reaching
  • lewiscallanlewiscallan Posts: 5
    thanks for advice guys, feeling slightly less negative :D