**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

5* Dups

Comments

• MaidrilMaidril Posts: 288 β˜…
    I didn’t read the past 7 pages of content. Not surprised a thread started by GW got there tho πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

I think a class 5* crystal would be a great idea. It would increase your chance of duping someone (potentially) and help people with an overflow of a specific class catalyst.

I also think it’s totally fair for people to point out that newbs have it harder than veterans did when it comes to dupes. The basic pool has expanded so much, and the changes to the featured, means it’s so much more difficult to dupe someone. I think all but 2 of my 5* dupes are from before the 6* era and the most useful ones (SL and Spidey) are from when the basic crystal was much more limited. That being said, it’s so much easier to acquire 4* and 5* shards now, I think it’s a bit of a wash.
  • HolyDracHolyDrac Posts: 106 β˜…
    It's not even about targeting a specific character in that instance you tit. Having a very high chance at even a demi champ from class that you may have a gem is game changing. I don't care if you don't have a gem, that's how it gets looked at from a broad point. They don't need to make a crystal just for you so toss off

Ah yes, because a roughly 1/25 chance at a good champion is soooooo high.
    Stop saying numbers, this guy doesn't understand that a 20% chance to pull a character is an advantage over a 5% chance to pull a character, just start throwing insults around fit for an elementary school playground and maybe he'll start listening.

Doubt it. All he knows how to respond is "beginners will have an advantage over veterans". I don't even think he's even considered the cost or rank up materials.

It get's easier to get all of those with better champs.
  • Starkiller_KE2_0Starkiller_KE2_0 Posts: 154 β˜…
    Maidril wrote: Β»
    I didn’t read the past 7 pages of content. Not surprised a thread started by GW got there tho πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

I think a class 5* crystal would be a great idea. It would increase your chance of duping someone (potentially) and help people with an overflow of a specific class catalyst.

I also think it’s totally fair for people to point out that newbs have it harder than veterans did when it comes to dupes. The basic pool has expanded so much, and the changes to the featured, means it’s so much more difficult to dupe someone. I think all but 2 of my 5* dupes are from before the 6* era and the most useful ones (SL and Spidey) are from when the basic crystal was much more limited. That being said, it’s so much easier to acquire 4* and 5* shards now, I think it’s a bit of a wash.

Surprisingly GW is not the reason, he is saying all of those things.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    There are tons more shards available now than there were before. That more then compensates for the expanded pool. I went months between 5*s early on. Jesus, get over it and play the game
    HolyDrac wrote: Β»
    Back in the day when the veterans had it easier with the featured crystals that allowed them a higher probability of getting top champs, it also took them way more than a month to get enough shards to open one

No way, vets had it so much easier and had shards raining from the skies

I'm using vets in a general sense to talk about the people who played back then. It was way harder to accumulate the shards for the average player and that's why I think where the game is now is fine and they don't need to add a 5* class crystal. Nowadays, the average player can open more 5* crystals in the same time frame as it took average players before to open one 5*, featured or basic. And hence, I think it balances out and game is fine
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    In the beginning, the pool was small, and Shards were rare. As the game progressed and they became more available through War, Master, and other Events, the Rosters grew. Add the Featured to that, and odds were greater before. Shards may be somewhat more available now, but deinitely not enough to offset the fact that it's becoming harder and harder to Dup starting out. The changes to the Featured and regular inclusions to the Basic are somewhat new, and that gives way to a new problem, which is what I'm noticing. As I said, I'd venture the guess that they noticed it as well, as was indicated with the Dungeons. That's where my suggestion is coming from. It's really a steady process of trying to balance, then and now. That's what I'm advocating. It has to do with making it reasonably possible, and seeing as how 5* Rosters are much more needed, it's more important. Mind you I'm not saying 4*s are useless, or any of that. Just that the requirement for progression has changed. My suggestion affects the people who need them the most starting out. Not that I want the new Players to have the God Tier Champs or any of that. Just a fighting chance to get a Basic Roster Duped reasonably within natural progression.
    Like you mentioned with the dungeon crystals, I'd be down for them releasing things like that or having similar events every few months. I feel having weekly rotations might be a bit much though
    They could bring dungeons back and just make it a solo event that can be done with friends.

My biggest issue was getting burned too often by freeloaders. Which then meant needing to spend another 30+ min running dungeons to get the max points.
    Maidril wrote: Β»
    They could bring dungeons back and just make it a solo event that can be done with friends.

My biggest issue was getting burned too often by freeloaders. Which then meant needing to spend another 30+ min running dungeons to get the max points.

It was hit-or-miss for sure. I just ended up keeping people on my Friends List and working out runs. It's good and bad, really. Good that you get to meet new people, bad that you get to meet all kinds of people. Lol.
    The Dungeon Crystals were somewhat the concept I had in mind. Even if the Crystals had random Champs in them, it would still make it easier. Dungeons coming back again I'm not opposed to.
    It is crazy to me that they haven’t changed some of the rewards or things you can buy. For instance, the $5 class thing in the unit store. That was OK a year ago. Now it’s pretty dated. Why not offer a β€˜legendary’ class crystal, with guaranteed 4* and a chance at a 5*, every day for $10? I bet it’d make money - id prob buy one or two.
    That's been around for a few years now. I would imagine it helps newer Players. Forming a team of all Classes is important.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,675 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    The system sucks if you are not in front of the progression curve but the only way to change that is to spend more or grind more.

The only way to dupe someone with some control is to complete content that awards gems and you can choose who it is applied to. Each player regardless of roster can place a personal value on that gem by way of resources used to obtain it.

That gives you a 1/6 chance of duping someone you can use, best odds in the game and again, each player can place value on its use as they see fit.

I agree, it gets harder to dupe as the pool expands, that is the price I paid for not spending and not grinding enough.

My concern is not any Champ specifically. It's the growing difficulty in Dups in general, especially building a 5* Roster. It takes a while to get Shards. As the pool grows, that will make it harder and harder for people building. My particular situation only highlighted the larger problem for me. A couple Gems won't solve the problem, and the Shards are not the issue. It's the Crystals. True, some were trying to be helpful and suggestive, while others were trying to provoke in suggesting that. However, that's not the issue for me. I'm not talking about "How can I get Dups?". I'm aware of the ways it's possible. My concern is the amount of work it takes to build a 5* Roster, and how the more that are added makes it more difficult to Awaken them.
  • Wakandas_FinestWakandas_Finest Posts: 825 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    The problem with adding a 5* class is the current 2-4* class crystals in the daily deals. At best we would get a class GMC for X amount of dollars. Nothing about the way kabam does business suggest that they would add a 5* class crystal. Honestly I wouldn’t want one added to the game. It would be sure to throw the balance off as people would flock to the skill, mystic, cosmic and perhaps mutant crystals.

I struggle with dupes myself even at 40+ 5* champsRNGesus especially hates giving me even Demi-god level champs but the game and by extension the crystals are working as intended. The uproar from the more seasoned vets would be tremendous especially among the whales if duping champs were made easier for us mere mortals. Kabam doesn’t need that headache with the way the game is now
    The game is changing. I'm not really concerned with what the Vets think, who have loads of Dups to begin with. It's about fairness and progression. Nor do I think it affects them at all, other than some "When I was your age...up hill both ways..." argument. Lol. Also, it's not exclusive to anyone, and would benefit them as well. If there's a problem developing, that's a larger concern for me than people feeling that others should have a hard time.
    Well, to be more specific, I do respect the feedback of people. Not that I don't care what people think. I'm just considering the problem more than people who take issue with things that don't affect them. Making it more accessible for everyone, at least in a small way, to Basic Dups is not taking anything away from them at all. I don't agree with that argument.
    That's just how the game changes. Things evolve, needs change, and Resources become more available because the needs and demands change. I'm not new myself. That doesn't mean I don't consider what is best for everyone.
  • Vinitlalka1988Vinitlalka1988 Posts: 269 β˜…
    Hang in there it will happen with time...

I had no 5 star dupe to show for my first 26 5 stars & in my last 6 pulls i got 3 dupes..

Gwenpool, Guillotine, Ronan....All 3 have their uses.....

Plus managed to awaken my Stark & Voodoo from Act 5...

Neat huh!!!
  • ChadhoganChadhogan Posts: 460 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    For everyone who gets unlucky with 5* crystals there's always a flip side. When 5* crystals were introduced my first second and fourth crystal was all the same champ drax before he was reworked so at that time I also thought kabam hated me! I think it's a numbers game the more you open the better chance to pull doubles just get grinding out those shards
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    You keep saying shards are somewhat more available. Truth is they are way more available but you just don't want your the effort in to get them by the sounds of it.
  • Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Run477 wrote: Β»
    You're doing the same thing you did before. Incinuating contradictions. Still not constructive. My suggestion has nothing to do with less Champs being added every month, and I don't agree with that. I'm going back to having actual conversations with people, thanks.

It’s against the forum rules to impersonate a mod. It isn’t your job to deem comments not constructive or off topic.

That's not what impersonating a Mod is. You've accused me of that over and over and you still don't know what that is. Moderation doesn't own the word constructive, and if someone isn't adding anything to my discussion, I can call it as it is. Are you going to comment on the actual topic, or just do the usual?

You’re still not a mod. You don’t get to define the words used on forums.
  • Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    You really should listen to what he's saying. 19 5* and no dupe is nothing. Quake, LC, Mephisto, HE, and CM can definitely get you far enough to start earning a lot more shards even unduped. None of those champs NEED being duped to help in story progression

It's not nothing. I'm not the only one with the same issue. More Shards won't change the fact that the pool is increasing, and it's not just me I'm talking about. People after me will have a harder time as well. I'm talking about how hard it is to Dup from the Basic. Not where to get Shards or Awakeneing Gems.

It is nothing. I was so far behind you in champs at that humber it's not even funny. I did all of act 4 and my first pass of act 5 with 4*s.

Yes the pool is increasing. All the more reason for you to hurry up and clear content to start earning 6* shards while the pool is small.

I did almost 100% of act 5 with the only 5*s available to me were 5* r3 quake and 5* r3 Hawkeye. Story mode doesn’t need 5*s mostly. 4*s are fine
  • DJ_Lyoto_Spider24DJ_Lyoto_Spider24 Posts: 40 β˜…
    I have opened 29 5* Basic crystals since Gwenpool was added to the 5* Basic pool. I got a dupe only once and that was a 5* Venompool. I honestly think this will be like the 3* and 4*s for me. I will be getting lots of new champs until I have a lot. I will then start getting dupes. I'm resigned to the fact I will get dumped on from the Basic 5* crystals. Yay more arena fodder for me.
  • ASV27ASV27 Posts: 91
    edited July 2018
    You keep saying shards are somewhat more available. Truth is they are way more available but you just don't want your the effort in to get them by the sounds of it.

I guess if you used to do nothing about getting 5* shards a few years ago and still do nothing to get them now then they haven't changed much.
  • JiNTarkanJiNTarkan Posts: 22 β˜…
    they should just stop putting crappy champs in Featured crystals, or they should release the drop rates per champ, I dont think its RNG entirely there must be some drop value for god tier champs making them rare to drop
    Just to chime in here.

I got my first 5* dupe with my 29th basic crystal (0 featured) and it was storm (yay...). Then I opened #30 for another unique champ (Falcon), and then another dupe with #31.... Storm again.

Very frustrating... Very...

That's quite a wait. It's only going to get harder for people building a new Roster.