**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Does Corvus Glaive’s crits bypass Antman’s glance?

CainCain Posts: 559 ★★
Just curious since he has a 100% crit rate when he has glaive charges and crits don’t glance I thought. Sorry for the newb question.

Comments

• CainCain Posts: 559 ★★
    Thanks, wasn’t sure if I could use that to help with that challange lol. Gonna try using Hyperion and Morning Star.
  • FixxxFixxx Posts: 234
    edited July 2018
    When he hits with his glaive while he has Glaive charges, yes
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    Fixxx wrote: »
    When he hits with his glaive while he has Glaive charges, yes

If it is a glanced hit, if will not be crit even if he consumes a glaive charge
    Do you have Corvus Glaive?
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    No, it doesn't. Even if you had more than 100% crit rate, you won't be able to crit on a glanced hit

I’ll just leave this here then, shall I? hlkrljxxedke.png
    Just tested it and it is actually bypassing glancing. But that sounds like a bug (also saw this being reported sometimes in the past), since there doesn't seem to be any reason for it to happen
    The reason is likely because that’s the way his Glaive charges work
  • CainCain Posts: 559 ★★
    Hmm so good news, he still hits through glance...bad news, it glances and reflects damage... :/ lol well I guess I’ll take it.
  • MarriMarri Posts: 260 ★★
    Guys, seriously, use a big champion. Everyone has one at 3-30 at least, which is enough to work with.

I fought the ELAM 5x (had a bit of trouble with the paths as they got harder) but I oneshot AM every single time with a 4-40 Rulk. But I would have done the same with a 3-30 Hulk, for example. It's just a vehehehery long fight. But super easy, the only challenge is to stay awake.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,280 ★★★★★
    edited July 2018
    Just tested it and it is actually bypassing glancing. But that sounds like a bug (also saw this being reported sometimes in the past), since there doesn't seem to be any reason for it to happen

This hasn't been 'reported as a bug'. You had this exact same discussion back in Corvus's spotlight:

Perhaps it wasn't intended; perhaps it was. No moderator response made at the time.

This hasn't been 'reported as a bug'. You had this exact same discussion back in Corvus's spotlight:

Perhaps it wasn't intended; perhaps it was. No moderator response made at the time.

And just look how far my Corvus has come <3
  • CreditzCreditz Posts: 53
    It's a yellow crit hit but I noticed that it's only half the damage of a normal one
    edited July 2018
    Creditz wrote: »
    It's a yellow crit hit but I noticed that it's only half the damage of a normal one

Hmmm. That's interesting. Any thoughts, @BitterSteel? 734 damage does seem low for a 12K champion with two stacks of cruelty.

Maybe Glancing is working after all...? Have to say, I'll be a little pleased if it is. I suspect @will-o-wisp will be, too!
    Creditz wrote: »

Hmmm. That's interesting. Any thoughts, @BitterSteel? 734 damage does seem low for a 12K champion with two stacks of cruelty.

Maybe Glancing is working after all...? Have to say, I'll be a little pleased if it is. I suspect @will-o-wisp will be, too!

Yeah it reduces the damage for sure. To me, it seems like a bit of a “what happens when an irresistible force meets an immovable object?” situation. Corvus has guaranteed critical hits, but Ant man’s glancing cannot crit. So who wins? Corvus has to have crits, but ant man cannot have crits.

In the end I think it meets in the middle, which is bad for Corvus. Corvus still crits, but the damage is halved. So ant man’s glancing still functions but it allows Corvus to crit. Unfortunately, this means Corvus uses up one of his charges on a very weak attack. It would be better, as an attacker for Corvus to just not crit, do a weaker non crit attack when glancing and therefore retain his glaive charges
    So in fact, where we thought Corvus might be a counter to Ant-Man; the reverse is actually true? Ant-Man uses Glancing to use up Corvus's charges, leaving him open to a beating?

ROFL! Go Ant-Man.
    If there is a bug, I consider it a bug on Ant-Man. His Glancing affects Offensive Ability Accuracy--Glaive charges I surmise is passive based on its icon, which means hits on glaived attacks should not be glanced and not be subject to -100% Offensive Ability Accuracy reduction

It would be better if a mod can chime in and clarify the interaction of Pym Gas Control and Glaive charges
    If there is a bug, I consider it a bug on Ant-Man. His Glancing affects Offensive Ability Accuracy--Glaive charges I surmise is passive based on its icon, which means hits on glaived attacks should not be glanced and not be subject to -100% Offensive Ability Accuracy reduction

It would be better if a mod can chime in and clarify the interaction of Pym Gas Control and Glaive charges

I actually think it's the opposite. Glaive charges icon is just there to let the player know how many crits are left before it goes to cooldown. Other than that, os jist a 100% crit rate, which should be affevted by glancing (as there are other examples in the game, like spider-man sym sp2, which is affected by glancing)

Glaive charges icon is just there to let the player know how many crits are left before it goes to cooldown.

Then wouldn't it be a simple matter to show Glaive charges as active buffs the way True Damage is shown?
    Glaive charges aren't supposed to be buffs ... Is just an icon to let the player know what is happening in the battle. It happens with many champions in the game

Glaive charges icon is just there to let the player know how many crits are left before it goes to cooldown.

Then wouldn't it be a simple matter to show Glaive charges as active buffs the way True Damage is shown?

That wouldn’t be a great idea, it would feed mystic dispersion to hell.

That's the point. It's not a buff, though True Damage is which can be nullified
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★

Maybe, but wouldn't that be the point of the class disadvantage?

Yeah it reduces the damage for sure. To me, it seems like a bit of a “what happens when an irresistible force meets an immovable object?” situation. Corvus has guaranteed critical hits, but Ant man’s glancing cannot crit. So who wins? Corvus has to have crits, but ant man cannot have crits.

I can't speak to Corvus, but I tested this very thing years ago with Elektra who also has guaranteed crits given the right conditions. In an Elektra vs. Ant Man matchup, glancing stopped the crits from triggering, despite Elektra having a 100% chance to crit.

I can't speak to Corvus, but I tested this very thing years ago with Elektra who also has guaranteed crits given the right conditions. In an Elektra vs. Ant Man matchup, glancing stopped the crits from triggering, despite Elektra having a 100% chance to crit.

I think the problem here is that you are assuming “Guaranteed” means the same as “100% chance”. The former is how Corvus works, the latter is elektra.

This is the only reason I can think why Corvus would crit but elektra doesn’t. This is supported by the fact that Sym spidey also has a 100% chance to crit on L2, but he can glance.

Personally, as a 5/65 corvus player, I would much rather Corvus didn’t crit and didn’t use up a Glaive charge. Instead of a 5000 crit, I would get something like a 700 one, still using up the charge.

Maybe, but wouldn't that be the point of the class disadvantage?

The point of a class advantage is to provide an attack boost to the one with it, and to reduce damage for the one with the disadvantage.

A class disadvantage is not meant to interact with masteries to provide 12% power per hit. They make champions with this in mind. Think of Carnage. When he came out, kabam specifically said his buffs were passive so that every time they switched from fury to precision during his MLLLM combo, it didn’t feed MD
    Haji_Saab wrote: »

I think the problem here is that you are assuming “Guaranteed” means the same as “100% chance”. The former is how Corvus works, the latter is elektra.

This is the only reason I can think why Corvus would crit but elektra doesn’t. This is supported by the fact that Sym spidey also has a 100% chance to crit on L2, but he can glance.

Personally, as a 5/65 corvus player, I would much rather Corvus didn’t crit and didn’t use up a Glaive charge. Instead of a 5000 crit, I would get something like a 700 one, still using up the charge.

Guaranteed crit might be a +10000% chance. May be a data miner on reddit can answer this one.

I remember a certain character in another game (DOTA) had a guaranteed kill chance on his ability if the opponent hp was below 450. The game mechanics behind it actually just gave him a few million damage to compensate for all kinds of resistances and "guarantee" the kill.

Corvus would be able to bypass that few million damage with his immunity :D

I don’t think it would be 10000% crit chance, because then ant man’s glancing would just interact with it saying, “nah, you can’t crit.” I do think it’s coded more as an absolute, as in, this attack crits no matter what. Then ant man’s glancing cannnot stop it critting but it still reduces damage.

I’m not claiming to be a master coder but that’s what my knowledge of the subject would suggest, anyone with greater knowledge is welcome to correct me.

To be fair, Elektra is listed as "Guaranteed" as well.

"While the opponent has less than 15% Health, this Champion strikes with guaranteed Critical Hits".

Again, I can't speak to Corvus. I was just trying to provide some insight based on my own testing from years ago.

To be fair, Elektra is listed as "Guaranteed" as well.

"While the opponent has less than 15% Health, this Champion strikes with guaranteed Critical Hits".

Again, I can't speak to Corvus. I was just trying to provide some insight based on my own testing from years ago.

Ah is it? I thought it was 100%. Maybe it’s a consequence of Corvus having crits from a buff, rather from Just his abilities. I’m kinda just throwing ideas out here now.