**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Node 30 - New Mini Boss AW

Comments

• ScholiaScholia Posts: 116
    edited July 2018
    I played against a 5* rank 4 killmonger today on node 30. My 4* blade and starky couldn’t even take him past the 70 percent mark. I probably need a 5 star blade or hyperion to take him down...
  • rwhackrwhack Posts: 1,047 ★★★
    edited July 2018
    How to adapt to Mephisto MD5 on this node? Any champ suggestion?

Who do you have?
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    Speeds80 wrote: »
    The regen is too much, I just fought a war with a 6* dead pool there, thought I’d be safe and use my 4/55 magik to stop him gaining stats from power bars, I could barely dent him, think limbo was triggering the regen and I was maybe taking off 6-7% for every 5% he healed, timeout fight, this was a **** placement and my 5/65 sparky destroyed him but to those suggesting magik as a counter, maybe if she’s 5/65 , again I’m in tier 6 war and my magik is 9.8k sig level 140, can’t even beat a deadpool, that’s whack

That’s cause you’re parrying too much and not being aggressive enough. I took down a 6* GG on that node with 5/65 Magik. Tier 2 AW.
  • FixxxFixxx Posts: 234
    edited July 2018
    The regen is too much, I just fought a war with a 6* dead pool there, thought I’d be safe and use my 4/55 magik to stop him gaining stats from power bars, I could barely dent him, think limbo was triggering the regen and I was maybe taking off 6-7% for every 5% he healed, timeout fight, this was a **** placement and my 5/65 sparky destroyed him but to those suggesting magik as a counter, maybe if she’s 5/65 , again I’m in tier 6 war and my magik is 9.8k sig level 140, can’t even beat a deadpool, that’s whack
    xNig wrote: »
    I took down a 6* GG on that node with 5/65 Magik. Tier 2 AW.

You proved their point
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    Fixxx wrote: »

You proved their point

Sorry but there’s a big difference in boosts between Tiers 1-3 and tier 4-6. A r4 Magik in Tier 4-6 is as effective as a r5 Magik in tiers 1-3. (My main runs an ally in tier 2 and my alt runs the sister ally in tier 4.)
  • FixxxFixxx Posts: 234
    Fixxx wrote: »

You proved their point

Sorry but there’s a big difference in boosts between Tiers 1-3 and tier 4-6. A r4 Magik in Tier 4-6 is as effective as a r5 Magik in tiers 1-3. (My main runs an ally in tier 2 and my alt runs the sister ally in tier 4.)

You still did, regardless
  • Slux83Slux83 Posts: 357 ★★
    Just fought a R5/65 Domino on Dismay mini boss.. BRUTAL! :'(
  • Ali3SAli3S Posts: 8
    🤧🤧🤧🤧🤧

rmrtzv9gw3te.jpeg
    62yzqxdueezy.jpeg

😔
  • gohard123gohard123 Posts: 996 ★★★
    Run477 wrote: »
    Killmonger isn’t that tough of a fight though...

especially unawakened
  • Fizzle0172Fizzle0172 Posts: 14
    Is node 30 intended to be so hard?
    Or is this temporarily until kabam realises this node is to much either way can we get some clarification from y’all before we rank up any new attackers or defenders @Kabam Miike @Kabam Wolf @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Ahab
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    Jkw634 wrote: »
    If anything this node should have been on another path. No need to have it on the toughest path.

I thought it was a weird choice. Based on the threads here, it appears to be the hardest of the new mini bosses. And they put it on path 6, which is arguably the toughest war path.

• GDEVIL69_GDEVIL69_ Posts: 25
    Does Voids debuffs count as DOT on node 30, I haven't tried it yet but I've heard some people using Void against this node and was always curious whether this activated the CORNERED buff?
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    GDEVIL69_ wrote: »
    Does Voids debuffs count as DOT on node 30, I haven't tried it yet but I've heard some people using Void against this node and was always curious whether this activated the CORNERED buff?

Void's intimidating presence debuffs will NOT trigger the effects of the Cornered node. Petrify, Agility, and Fatigue aren't inherently Damage over time debuffs, so you're good. I've used Void on node 30 to great effect.

Void's intimidating presence debuffs will NOT trigger the effects of the Cornered node. Petrify, Agility, and Fatigue aren't inherently Damage over time debuffs, so you're good. I've used Void on node 30 to great effect.

Thanks for the feedback. Taking this to the alliance. My 4* won't be much good to the current 5/65 champs we've encountered here but we have some 5* R4 Voids whom I'm sure should be able to tackle this node.
  • RJ03RJ03 Posts: 67
    edited July 2018
    Barogs wrote: »
    Barogs wrote: »
    Im tier 1, master. Just faced a 5/65 IMIW there last war, one shotted him with 5/65 voodoo no items or boosts. Very doable, plan your champs ahead of time and practice dueling the champ that is there (if you're a higher tier player, this is how you should prepare for hard war fights anyway)

Video? You can pm me on line run477. Bc I would love to see this.

I just fought a 455 iwim there, tried using void with the Hawkeye synergy, hoping that would allow me to get debuffs on him and control his health/power. It didn’t.

I did a 111 hit streak with my 5/65 blade against him and I timed out. All stand up intercepts (and I’m not saying blade is a good choice for that node/fight. He’s not. But I didn’t have other options at that poin). So I would love to see how voodoo handles that node. I will be waiting for a video. My guess is you parried to remove the masochism then poison? Of course, then I have to deal with cornered, so not sure how that works.

@Run477 @RJ03 oh sorry node 30 is not my path, I was talking about node 27 (counter tactics breakthrough stun immunity). My bad. But guys in my ally who do take the path do what I stated in my previous comment: scout the champ that's on the node and bring the appropriate champ. For example a 6 star Km was there this current war, so the guy who takes that path one shotted him with a 5/65 blade with sparky GR synergy. I can make a video for node 27 if you two would like next war and PM you both. Lemme know. make sure you @ me so I get the notification, I won't see your responses without a tag. I'd also like to say that Kabam definitely kicked up the difficulty with all these new nodes and buffs, and will undoubtedly harm the lower skill players and probably stop them in their tracks. But I don't think the upper tier players will be stopped. Maybe slowed down, but not stopped as they intended with these new nodes

@Barogs Are you sure?? 1 shot with blade? what tier we are talking about? i just faced last war Modok on node30 and blade doesnt work there at all!! So i dont see how your m8 killed 1 shot with blade... when defender bleeds he gets power like hell... and each time he gets 1 bar power he gets way way stronger... i just believe if i see a video of it.. sorry m8 but i don't belive..
    edited July 2018
    RJ03 wrote: »
    Are you sure?? 1 shot with blade? what tier we are talking about? i just faced last war Modok on node30 and blade doesnt work there at all!! So i dont see how your m8 killed 1 shot with blade... when defender bleeds he gets power like no more... and each time he gets 1 bar power he gets way way stronger... video or hack or i dont belive sorry man...

I see this as possible, blade with danger sense activated hits hard enough for you not to use specials on MODOK. You're already not advised to parry on this node due to the regen so you need to bait out specials and intercept.

Place a 5/65 Hyperion or Medusa on this node and then its a different ball game for blade.

Fizzle0172 wrote: »
    Is node 30 intended to be so hard?
    Or is this temporarily until kabam realises this node is to much either way can we get some clarification from y’all before we rank up any new attackers or defenders @Kabam Miike @Kabam Wolf @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Ahab

i hope they can give some answer... i read that they were going to monitorize this off season... but theres so much thing happen besides this.. that most of people arent paying attention to this... just who faces this path/node knows the pain and the price to pass this BS node... fix this!
  • WelderofortuneWelderofortune Posts: 527 ★★
    I typically time out using my sentinel, bring a regen champ and evade and hammer down.
    If anything this node should have been on another path. No need to have it on the toughest path.

yeah lol, its funny right?
    Are you sure?? 1 shot with blade? what tier we are talking about? i just faced last war Modok on node30 and blade doesnt work there at all!! So i dont see how your m8 killed 1 shot with blade... when defender bleeds he gets power like no more... and each time he gets 1 bar power he gets way way stronger... video or hack or i dont belive sorry man...

I see this as possible, blade with danger sense activated hits hard enough for you not to use specials on MODOK. You're already not advised to parry on this node due to the regen so you need to bait out specials and intercept.

Place a 5/65 Hyperion or Medusa on this node and then its a different ball game for blade.

the problem there is the power.. it gains a lot with all that debuffs (bleeds) that blade gives... and if i recorded the last modok had like 150k hp... its not so fast that you kill this node... my blade is r5.. i wont use him anymore there for sure..

the problem there is the power.. it gains a lot with all that debuffs (bleeds) that blade gives... and if i recorded the last modok had like 150k hp... its not so fast that you kill this node... my blade is r5.. i wont use him anymore there for sure..

I have an R5 5/65 blade as well and again I say, don't use specials and don't parry. That way his bleeds won't be an issue. It's like fighting a Cable with blade which I've done many times, just don't parry and use specials. Your normal crits should be around 7k+ on basic hits against MODOK.
  • gohard123gohard123 Posts: 996 ★★★

I thought it was a weird choice. Based on the threads here, it appears to be the hardest of the new mini bosses. And they put it on path 6, which is arguably the toughest war path.

Said the exact same thing in the Season 3 discussion thread
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/452782/#Comment_452782
  • RixobRixob Posts: 505 ★★
    Rixob wrote: »
    TBH, this node isnt toooo bad depeding on whose placed there. If you fight like they are stun immune, and dont apply debuffs the fight isnt too hard.

And what tier war?

TIER 4
  • RixobRixob Posts: 505 ★★
    Rixob wrote: »
    TBH, this node isnt toooo bad depeding on whose placed there. If you fight like they are stun immune, and dont apply debuffs the fight isnt too hard.

video or just talk? :) who you faced?

i have videos . just fought king groot 4/55
  • CinnCinn Posts: 81
    Really a money-pit of a node. Kabam has to make their money I guess.