**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Predictions for August event...

Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
edited July 2018 in General Discussion
I'm thinking we're going to see Infinity War round 2 to coincide with the DVD/BluRay release. New Champs will be Ebony Maw and Black Dwarf to fill out the Black Order to go with Proxima and Corvus.

Ebony Maw will be the passive buff version of Scarlet Witch, able to nullify passive buffs.

Black Dwarf will be another Hulk variant with pure brute strength and a cool weapon.

Black-Order-Infinity-War-Statues.jpg?q=35&w=984&h=518&fit=crop
Thoughts?

Comments

• IanMooneIanMoone Posts: 640 ★★
    Infinity War Part 2 will conclude next year same goes to all the other marvel games...Infinity War Part 1 was across all marvel games as a huge promotion for the film and with Part 2 airing next year that is when it ends
  • ezmoneyezmoney Posts: 208
    frozen android devices?
    edited July 2018
    Dexman1349 wrote: »
    I know "Part 2" (aka Avengers 4) comes out May 2019. It's not even confirmed to be Infinity War 2, just a continuation of the Avengers storyline.

***Spoiler Alert for those who haven't seen Infinity War yet***
    The other two Black Order champs don't even survive the first movie, so the only way to add them into the game and truly "complete the set" in the game would be to have an in-game event around the DVD/Bluray release.
    There is no logical way to add them to the game if they wait until May 2019.

I understand but you must understand the company plans 6 mons in advance with everything lining up. With venom film..captain marvel and IW2 those mons are locked in for the film promotion and creative point for the game....what happens in august.september.november.december.january is anyone guess right now lol
  • Six_strings6Six_strings6 Posts: 223 ★★
    It most likely will be infinity war related. This has happened before with Thor ragnarok and doctor strange. Personally I would like to see the return of trials as well as ebony maw and maybe a new black widow
    edited July 2018
    It most likely will be infinity war related. This has happened before with Thor ragnarok and doctor strange. Personally I would like to see the return of trials as well as ebony maw and maybe a new black widow

Only thing that was related to thor rags dvd was hela and thor rags arena happening and return of vanquishing blows for solo nothing big happened
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    I would like this. Just hope that the final boss isn’t that infinity thanos. That was way to hard
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    I don't anticipate it to be a huge blow-out event. Simply an Infinity War-themed month to boost interest in the movie again to help with DVD sales.

In regards to months of planning, you think they don't know when DVD releases are scheduled? Every element of a movie's release is planned; Teaser trailers, red carpet events, theatrical release, DVD release. All of it is planned. MCOC is plugged into all of it as part of their Marvel contract. Anything to boost interest & revenue is done.

They literally have nothing else going on in the Marvel universe, so if it's not IW related then it would be Kabam generated.

Granted, September would have to be madeup as well since Venom isn't until October. Then there is nothing major planned again until Captain Marvel in March.
    edited July 2018
    Dexman1349 wrote: »
    I don't anticipate it to be a huge blow-out event. Simply an Infinity War-themed month to boost interest in the movie again to help with DVD sales.

In regards to months of planning, you think they don't know when DVD releases are scheduled? Every element of a movie's release is planned; Teaser trailers, red carpet events, theatrical release, DVD release. All of it is planned. MCOC is plugged into all of it as part of their Marvel contract. Anything to boost interest & revenue is done.

They literally have nothing else going on in the Marvel universe, so if it's not IW related then it would be Kabam generated.

Granted, September would have to be madeup as well since Venom isn't until October. Then there is nothing major planned again until Captain Marvel in March.

Captain Marvel is in Feb and March will be another mutant event with possible appearance by mr sinister and apocalypse...if Marvel was so intergrated in the game why havent they brought in villains from LC S2 or tie in to JJ heck cloak and dagger is currently out and nothing as well....if the company was following the dvd we have many monthly events based off it but as i said wont happen least they can do is re run trial of mad titan and vanquishing blows
    edited July 2018
    @IanMoone89

Captain Marvel is scheduled to be released in the United States on March 8, 2019, in IMAX and 3D.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captain_Marvel_(film)

They cannot do the event in MCOC before the movie without creating plotline issues or potential spoilers.
  • Starkiller_KE2_0Starkiller_KE2_0 Posts: 154
    Isn't venom coming out in august? don't you think the event will be related to that?
  • Starkiller_KE2_0Starkiller_KE2_0 Posts: 154
    Nvm, It's in october, disregard
  • XxOriginalxXXxOriginalxX Posts: 1,324 ★★★
    I strongly disagree with this mostly because of the map image we got, there’s no room next to thanos left after you add the nameless champs and proxima and corvus
    I strongly disagree with this mostly because of the map image we got, there’s no room next to thanos left after you add the nameless champs and proxima and corvus

Fair point, but I would counter with the fact that Kabam also threw out the "top 120" image before they actually had all 120 in it because the next ones did not fit.
  • DRTODRTO Posts: 1,612 ★★★★★
    I think it's gonna be some random event since there really isn't any MCU content out now. It's gonna be like the Void/Sentry month, or the Sabertooth/Bishop/Sentinel month, just introducing 2 new random characters from the marvel universe that aren't MCU.
  • MaidrilMaidril Posts: 288
    It could be related to one of the TV series.
  • NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    It might be a Captain America event where they finally release Red Skull after being in NPC limbo forever as there is a spot that fits perfectly with him.
  • NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    Plus I don't think we will ever see an IW Part 2 event because the last MCoC event ended with Thanos being turned to stone
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    I would be down for Red Skull. I'd also be down for Jubilee to finally be added.
  • MaidrilMaidril Posts: 288
    Could also be tied to any upcoming comic releases. Haven’t stayed abreast of those myself.
  • hope4tghope4tg Posts: 149
    Red Skull would be siiiiiick. We could also get some higher rank Hydra agents either from the MCU or directly from the comics.
  • Ravenrob_33Ravenrob_33 Posts: 120
    With no new films due for a couple of months the only realistic option would be cloak and dagger there are next months 2 new characters cloak and dagger and a nice event probably a quest with them and some other characters. Well that's my idea it is the only one that makes sense
  • gohard123gohard123 Posts: 995 ★★★
    It might be a Captain America event where they finally release Red Skull after being in NPC limbo forever as there is a spot that fits perfectly with him.

Was he ever an NPC? I thought he was just datamined like Dr Strange Marvel now
  • Six_strings6Six_strings6 Posts: 223 ★★
    IanMoone wrote: »

Only thing that was related to thor rags dvd was hela and thor rags arena happening and return of vanquishing blows for solo nothing big happened

You are forgetting gladiator hulk
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,645 ★★★★★
    I expect changes no one asked for and a high chance of bugs no one wants while the list of things that need fixing gets longer.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,645 ★★★★★
    Seriously though, I want to see Crusher Creel.
  • XxOriginalxXXxOriginalxX Posts: 1,324 ★★★
    I like how we’re all already sick of the antman event because it’s been a lot of bugs and BS
  • KhanMedinaKhanMedina Posts: 927 ★★★
    They could just keep going with Ant-man and do orignal Antman (Pym) and Goliath.