**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Is Iron Fist’s Sig pointless?

I have a 5 Iron Fist with a sig ability around 70. There is no real difference in damage output if he has 6 armor breaks or none. Am I missing something or is his sig no functioning. Iron Fist used to be a decent champ but has become little more than arena fodder. An explanation would be appreciated.

Comments

• Armaganon00Armaganon00 Posts: 741 ★★
    I think hes bugged, i noticed the same thing.
  • rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    edited July 2018
    Iron Fist's existence in game is pointless.
  • Kroden0517Kroden0517 Posts: 10
    htjqn9c1iz6d.png
    Multiple Aromr Breaks should be causing serious damage and this is not happening.
  • LaylicLaylic Posts: 88
    When they added diminishing returns in v12 they also made it so that armor breaks couldn’t reduce their armor below 0%. The armor breaks functioned more like a damage amplifier than an armor reduction by reducing flat percentages and even going negative. Now, with the rating values once you hit 0 armor, your already bypassing all their armor and further armor breaks won’t increase damage taken.

So with IF, what’s happening is that after just 2-3 stacks of armor break, you’re not quite bypassing all armor but, your bypassing a majority of it and are getting close to 0 armor. At least to the point where the additional damage for another armor break becomes pretty small compared to the first armor break.

This is especially noticeable because most people are judging the effectiveness by looking at the damage from crits. Crits already bypass a large amount of armor on their own so the increase to damage done from stacking armor breaks will tend to be smaller.
  • AppleisgodAppleisgod Posts: 1,420 ★★★★
    It's because you can no longer armour break past 0
  • shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    Are the following cases true? ....

(1) For an opponent who has very little or no armor, does it mean x10 of armor stacks will have nothing much to remove, hence:-
    (a) one stack of armor break, attack damage is say 400
    (b) five stacks of armor breaks, attack damage is still around 400+
    (c) ten stacks of armor breaks, attack damage is still around 400+

(2) For an opponent who is heavily armored, and very often accumulate stacks of armor up effect, then many stacks of armor break will have alot of usefulness, hence:-
    (a) one stack of armor break, attack damage is say 40
    (b) five stacks of armor breaks, attack damage is say 400
    (c) ten stacks of armor breaks, attack damage is say 800

Were you testing your IF's armor breaks against some teenie tiny dudes like Spiderman? or something heavy and bulky like HB and Ducky?
  • Kroden0517Kroden0517 Posts: 10
    I never notice any change in damage regardless of who the opponent is.
  • Alpha07Alpha07 Posts: 649 ★★
    I think what is really pointless is the existence of DR. lol.
  • VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,198 ★★★
    Yerp... Iron Fist pre-12.0 used to be bae ... post-12.0 he's bleh