**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

iOS Beta Test - Volunteers Needed.

Comments

• DarkchildeDarkchilde Posts: 13
    @Ad0ra_ is there any new update or information?
  • SCHNOOTSCHNOOT Posts: 49
    You tell em Daph.
  • GostWolf21GostWolf21 Posts: 20
    We all are burning our too costly mobiles in game. Still kabam hasn’t worried abt anything even they don’t have time for update. If we will lost our mobile then kabam will give us a new device for playing game. Now i m very tiered
  • FlazTheDestroyerFlazTheDestroyer Posts: 25
    Guess I’m going to miss out on another yj arena cause of this overheating issue. Hope there has been some progress made on this over the weekend.
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    Can we have an update on this? I’d really like to get a void from arena this week but kinda need this fix to do it considering I can only do 4 rounds an hour otherwise
  • gaggautagaggauta Posts: 1
    why you (the staff) are on silent ?
    we’re guessing that tou don’t even have a clue on what is going on, due to lack of communication
  • JLaBXJLaBX Posts: 2
    edited July 2018
    for those with overheating phone ( including me) a kind of work around is to only leave the game alive, and close all other applications. As long as you don't receive any notification, message, or game goes to the background, at least for me, application runs fine, and phone does not overheat. As soon as any of these events happen, (or also phone goes to sleep with game on ) I need to close the app and reopen. Otherwise, overheating will take place for sure. You might put your phone in airplane mode and shut down notifications as a solution in the meantime I guess, and turn on just wifi.
    As a developer, the big issue I think it might be related with the new pause screen since now the game does not take forever to connect if you switch apps back and forth. This most likely requires some thread to be alive which makes CPU to run at highest and will drain battery for sure. I made this mistake on my first mobile app, and clients would complain about this. Turns out to be a thread running forever in the background.
    Hope my suggestions helps. Not a bullet proof solution for now, but it works for me, hope it works for someone else as well.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 724 ★★★★
    Hey folks, I've just posted this in the closed announcement thread but wanted to share this update with you as well:

Our testers spent time with our latest beta version over the weekend, and we are still working to use the data from this test to inform new options. While some testers saw some very promising improvements, others did not experience the same thing. We are using this feedback along with the data we gathered surrounding crashes and other issues to work on even further solutions.

We don't yet know when the next update will be, but will continue to share more information as we work on this. We continue to dedicate a team of people to this issue, and want to re-emphasize how important it is to us to get this resolved.

Side note: I've received a large amount of private messages asking about the beta, and want to re-emphasize that we cannot respond to one on one inquiries or requests about this. Thousands of players volunteered, and we appreciate your enthusiasm so much - it also means that we cannot reply to people individually due to the high volume. Beta testers were added on a first come, first serve basis.
  • WiMakWiMak Posts: 359 ★★
    I’m curious if you have made some minor change. As of today I am experiencing a LITTLE less of an issue in AQ. 10-15 minutes in AQ my phone does not heat up much or drain the battery. Every other part of the game same “old” over heating battery drain...?
    Anyone else noticing this?
  • WiMak wrote: »
    I’m curious if you have made some minor change. As of today I am experiencing a LITTLE less of an issue in AQ. 10-15 minutes in AQ my phone does not heat up much or drain the battery. Every other part of the game same “old” over heating battery drain...?
    Anyone else noticing this?

Nope, seems to be even worse for me. Only 3-5 minutes of ingame time for me at this point...

• RoninBRRoninBR Posts: 31
    It’s really frustrating
    I started playing other Marvel game
    After more than 3 years I wanna stop playing mcoc
    There’s lots of unbalance things
    Ironman iw, blade, too Many T4 class catalyst, too many events, trash rewards
    Im tired
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    Ad0ra_ wrote: »
    Hey folks, I've just posted this in the closed announcement thread but wanted to share this update with you as well:

Our testers spent time with our latest beta version over the weekend, and we are still working to use the data from this test to inform new options. While some testers saw some very promising improvements, others did not experience the same thing. We are using this feedback along with the data we gathered surrounding crashes and other issues to work on even further solutions.

We don't yet know when the next update will be, but will continue to share more information as we work on this. We continue to dedicate a team of people to this issue, and want to re-emphasize how important it is to us to get this resolved.

Side note: I've received a large amount of private messages asking about the beta, and want to re-emphasize that we cannot respond to one on one inquiries or requests about this. Thousands of players volunteered, and we appreciate your enthusiasm so much - it also means that we cannot reply to people individually due to the high volume. Beta testers were added on a first come, first serve basis.

I know you said there’s no timeframe, but what are the chances that you can have a fix out in time for the void basic arena this week? really want a void so would’ve liked to grind this one, plus my gold is plummeting now without arena to balance out the occasional rank up.

Also, any chance of doing re-runs of all these champs rolling though arena whilst this is going on, so we can go for them then?
  • Katy_CandyKaty_Candy Posts: 175
    Thanks for the update.
  • TortortorzTortortorz Posts: 12
    I want to take a test
  • TortortorzTortortorz Posts: 12
    If it is Tencent's game team, it is estimated that one day can solve the problem.
  • And if you put 12 iOS public beta 2, will the game work correctly?
  • PetipoPetipo Posts: 5

kabam, they should start to cheer up the players.
    otherwise they will not have any soon
  • Dakpan_1Dakpan_1 Posts: 5
    I use Iphone 6s normally, also used 5s but the same issues
    phone overheats and lags and all the other things that everyone have.. I stopped playing for a week because I don;t want to destroy my devices. Now I read a comment here above.
    JLaBX wrote: »
    for those with overheating phone ( including me) a kind of work around is to only leave the game alive, and close all other applications. As long as you don't receive any notification, message, or game goes to the background, at least for me, application runs fine, and phone does not overheat. As soon as any of these events happen, (or also phone goes to sleep with game on ) I need to close the app and reopen. Otherwise, overheating will take place for sure. You might put your phone in airplane mode and shut down notifications as a solution in the meantime I guess, and turn on just wifi.
    As a developer, the big issue I think it might be related with the new pause screen since now the game does not take forever to connect if you switch apps back and forth. This most likely requires some thread to be alive which makes CPU to run at highest and will drain battery for sure. I made this mistake on my first mobile app, and clients would complain about this. Turns out to be a thread running forever in the background.
    Hope my suggestions helps. Not a bullet proof solution for now, but it works for me, hope it works for someone else as well.

I did following:
    -downloaded game
    -closed ALL apps
    -put my phone on charger
    -put my phone on battery save mode
    -put my phone on airplane mode
    -got on WiFi
    -when screen went black, closed app fully, restarted before continuing

Could even finish path in challenge, did only 3 fights, but at first it was smoking hot when I did 3-5 fights
    And my phone isn’t really hot, it did get warm a little bit, but nothing that can destroy anything
    Now playing without the charger, for the rest everyhting is the same
    doing EQ heroic on automode, so far so good

Could even do fights in AQ without my phone getting burning hot!

So it might be kind of a hassle like this, but at least you can get some game time, at least more than 5 minutes..

Hope this might work for more users.
  • mmontisanommontisano Posts: 13
    i have to second that. i understand that this is a big issue and may take a while to completely fix, but knowing there are massive issues with your game, you’re not trying to keep the players that actually standing by you through this process. people are being kicked from their alliances. and you’re not helping anyone. for three weeks. nothing. half hour timers in AQ is proof that you know their are issues. that people can’t play for long periods of time.

i’m usually not one to ask for free stuff, but you have to do something at this point to keep people playing. if you don’t do something now, people will start leaving in droves.

great transparency and communication Kabam. thumbs up. 🙄
  • ShnapperShnapper Posts: 15
    edited July 2018
    This issue is very random, it’s not consistent on my 7+ by any means. I duped AA(arena)over the weekend with minimal issues. Simply switching to a duel with a random search for opponent and boom in the freezer my phone must go to cool down. The heat is literally instantaneous and extremely odd.
  • DmRUADmRUA Posts: 3
    play is simply not possible 5 -10 minutes and the phone is terribly slow and it goes on for two weeks in addition to everything you need to wait after throwing it off until the phone comes back to normal. already waiting with impatience when you can fully enjoy, when it's your favorite game, and now you get from the game only non-gay emotions and bad experiences.
  • ZzSkyWaveszZZzSkyWaveszZ Posts: 27
    It has been almost a month this overheating issues is going to be and still issue is under fixing is this a joke??
  • Chrisg1Chrisg1 Posts: 1
    I’ve been having the same issue with pretty much everyone who’s got iOS. It’s frustrating. My phone just crashes and no update up to now. Pls, I know you guys can do better. I’d like to volunteer as a tester. I’d be perfect for the test. Thanks
  • SeetheevilSeetheevil Posts: 66
    Why you just revert back to v18 and reqruit new developer team?

Why you insist on v19?

Why you cant do anything right for the last 5-6 months?

Why why why...
  • DmRUADmRUA Posts: 3
    I have another question, how can I play like that? it's just not possible! the desire to go into the game disappears one thing when it's a couple of days, but two weeks ... and it's not clear when this situation is fixed. because of such problems it is not possible to play normally at all, and from the game in this mode only irritation appeared.
This discussion has been closed.