**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Sentinel are so damn annoying

That's it

Comments

• smdam38smdam38 Posts: 820 ★★★
    When they're passive in AQ they are really annoying.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    They aren't hard. Just very sporadic and almost passive with their fighting style. Frustrating fights.
  • StarDarts_89StarDarts_89 Posts: 419 ★★
    Best Sentinel Options

Medusa via Armor Shatter
    Ghost Rider via Judgments
    Blade via Danger Sense (w/Ghost Rider Synergy)
    Nebula via Shocks

Also Great

Angela via Pure Damage
    Iceman via Cold Snap & Frostbite
    Hela via Pure Damage
    Red Hulk via Heat Charges & Resistances
    L. Cage via Pure Damage, Stun & Industructable

There are other good options certainly, but these came to my mind
    Only real issue I've had with the Sentinels is that I typically fight the Mystic ones with my Luke Cage and they are able to nullify his Indestructible with the same hit that triggered it. It acts like a Staggering Nullify combo. That doesn't seem right.

Basically take one hit and LC goes straight to his refresh timer.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    I don't even notice them now, other than the number of them. Same way we had many Droids.
    I don't even notice them now, other than the number of them. Same way we had many Droids.

I think Map 5 is about 40% Sentinels. Annoying out of pure frequency of fighting them.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Dexman1349 wrote: »

I think Map 5 is about 40% Sentinels. Annoying out of pure frequency of fighting them.

Well, monotonous I suppose. Yes. I'm just used to their style now.
  • WWIDBWWIDB Posts: 44
    Sentinels are easy peasy in map5 Aq. I use Quake and do maybe 4-5 hits and their toast. About 30 seconds per fight, maybe 45 on day 5
  • NguyenDauNguyenDau Posts: 248
    They are super bored to fight against and their movement just so bad.
    Also it makes mostly all Mutant champs bad against them. I miss my WV :disappointed:
    its sad but make the attack team for AQ bored and almost same champs all player use.
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    It's not that they are hard, My complaint has never been they are hard. My complaint is the sheer mind numbing amount of them we have to deal with.

At least before we had Syms and Adaptoids that were different to fight. It wasn't same fight over and over on a line...
  • ASV27ASV27 Posts: 91
    Agreed. I don't think I've ever died to one but they are just so clunky it's just not fun to fight them.
  • dparmdparm Posts: 109
    The move set and hit detection on them is atrocious. It's super easy to whiff and miss a hit on them with a variety of characters, one of the worst being Hyperion.
  • TankRT83TankRT83 Posts: 109
    I think what he really means is “I hate that I don’t have the right Champs to beat Sentinels easily”
  • Noob2435Noob2435 Posts: 627 ★★★
    Best Sentinel Options

Medusa via Armor Shatter
    Nebula via Shocks

Also Great

Angela via Pure Damage
    Hela via Pure Damage

You forgot stark, evades most of their specials and all you have to do is hit them with a special 2 and they are done.
  • LordBaldyBaldLordBaldyBald Posts: 265
    Sentineloids are easy to fight. Regular sentinel is annoying to fight. Not of them particularly hard to fight though. You wanna fight a sentinel with no problem, just use a sentinel. Piece of cake
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Best Sentinel Options

Medusa via Armor Shatter
    Nebula via Shocks

Also Great

Angela via Pure Damage
    Hela via Pure Damage

You didn't even mention, IMO the best option, Quake. You finish fights with zero analysis.
  • Stara99Stara99 Posts: 423 ★★
    Play map 6 then you don’t have to worry about them
  • MattyloMattylo Posts: 234
    Yes they def can be. My suggestion would be to go on youtube and check out some of the videos that have been posted on avoiding their specials etc. In time their mechanics will be more easily identfiable. But in the meantime youtube is a good start. Hope that helps.
  • SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,374 ★★★★★
    If map 6 didn't cost so much, people might consider it.
    Stara99 wrote: »
  • SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,374 ★★★★★
    On that note, they're so passive which is annoying. They stand still or block and when you go ahead to attack them, BAM! You get whacked.
  • Stara99Stara99 Posts: 423 ★★
    Siliyo wrote: »
    If map 6 didn't cost so much, people might consider it.
    Stara99 wrote: »
    Map 6 isn’t expensive. We are running it 5 days
    dparm wrote: »
    The move set and hit detection on them is atrocious. It's super easy to whiff and miss a hit on them with a variety of characters, one of the worst being Hyperion.

This. I frequently use Medusa against them when running the Tech path of Map 5. I will go in for a hit, and literally be ending the animation for my dash medium when the Sentinel magically dashes back. Her dash medium hit is a cartwheel and her feet will be on the ground before Sentinel moves and I don't get credit for the hit, and instead receive a combo to the face.

The gameplay mechanics for them is just "off". Really passive (yet they're intercept masters), clunky, and the timing of their animations don't line up with the actions like they are supposed to.

They don't seem able to act on their own, but rather fight a reactive style. They will stand there and wait for you to do something. If you attack, they will intercept or block. If you dash back, they perfectly time their dash attack to hit you. But if you just stand there, they don't do anything. Baiting specials is just painful.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    Best Sentinel Options

Medusa via Armor Shatter
    Nebula via Shocks

Also Great

Angela via Pure Damage
    Hela via Pure Damage

You didn't even mention, IMO the best option, Quake. You finish fights with zero analysis.

Actually, if you do it right with Nebula, you also finish the fight with zero analysis.
  • FyrintenimarFyrintenimar Posts: 53
    I hate fighting them. I think the biggest issue I have is just device lag though. I swipe back to evade and champ just stands there like an idiot getting hit.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Best Sentinel Options

Medusa via Armor Shatter
    Nebula via Shocks

Also Great

Angela via Pure Damage
    Hela via Pure Damage

Actually, if you do it right with Nebula, you also finish the fight with zero analysis.

Hmm. Didn't know that. Got her as a 4* when I really didn't have much use for her at that point. Don't have her as a 5*