**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

What is up with this shady AW strategy?

RichiesDad79RichiesDad79 Posts: 1,003 ★★★
edited July 2018 in General Discussion
My alliance is currently facing an alliance that hardly placed an defense. At first I thought they only had 2-3 participants. But then I go to check on our map to find they have a full battlegroup on offence on a full scale attack. This can't be o.k. Their gonna have way more kills and attack bonuses than us because they didn't give us many guys to kill and we gave them a full board. Does anyone know if this is against the rules somehow?

Comments

• teekqteekq Posts: 190
    But I think you’ll have diversity, full Bonus points in each node you explore.
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    Rajuteda wrote: »
    They are fools

Pretty much this lol
  • shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    This tactics won't work anymore in current version of the AW with current point system, correct? So they are handling an easy win for you guys (assuming you don't screw up in your attack), right? Or am I missing something (some kind of new loophole or exploit)?
  • ToridyToridy Posts: 10
    Its not how many def an ally kills that matters, but how many per cent you explore a BG, diversity of def, complete BG.
  • Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    edited July 2018
    They are tanking their war rating so that they can get easier wins during war seasons. Thy could be a little more discreet about it and just not use items. But nope, they have to ensure they don’t win by doing that.
  • ASV27ASV27 Posts: 91
    Yeah this isn't smart at all. Enjoy the free win.
  • MattyloMattylo Posts: 234
    Yeah they could be tanking prior to the season so they can rattle off a bunch of wins when the season starts. Lots of alliances are doing that since in the lower tiers (1-3) your win/loss ratio will be lower. But a tier 2/3 tier dropping down to tier 5 they will most likely be way more skilled and have better defenses then who they will face for the first part of the season when it starts.
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    Mattylo wrote: »
    Yeah they could be tanking prior to the season so they can rattle off a bunch of wins when the season starts. Lots of alliances are doing that since in the lower tiers (1-3) your win/loss ratio will be lower. But a tier 2/3 tier dropping down to tier 5 they will most likely be way more skilled and have better defenses then who they will face for the first part of the season when it starts.

Which is really another brand of cheating... I don't know about anyone else, but I don't want to face a platinum I alliance in Gold I tier.
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    They’re tanking for easy wins in seasons.
    Werewrym wrote: »

Which is really another brand of cheating... I don't know about anyone else, but I don't want to face a platinum I alliance in Gold I tier.

Facing a plat 1 alliance is unlikely. However, I see both sides. I understand the Gold 1 alliances issues with this bc the system is designed in the attempts to keep matchups of alliances even. Problem is we all to some extent either have a significant amount money involved or lots of time involved. So its a matter of strategy. What will yield the best outcome for the season?

So in reality a fix to this is locking alliances into tiers they reached during the season. While the offseason would be used to bring in new players and test new strategies rather than just flat out tanking to destoy the weaker competition.

You also have alliances actively getting caught piloting on purpose since thats an automatic 300 point drop in war rating. Players will always find a way to get around the system. Which is just kinda like how it is in life.

• rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★

LOL, not everything is cheating. I am nowhere near but if someone wants to tank rating, then that's an alliance decision. You want to kill all decision making and strategy from the game or what?

LOL, not everything is cheating. I am nowhere near but if someone wants to tank rating, then that's an alliance decision. You want to kill all decision making and strategy from the game or what?

Obviously not everything is cheating... I wasn't at all implying that. What I am saying is that purposefully dropping your rating in war so that you can win a bunch of easy wars when the new season starts is an alliances way of manipulating the matchmaking system in an attempt to gain an advantage... aka cheating. It is completely despicable because 1: Alliances aren't man enough to just fight fair wars at their tiers, and 2: It takes away rewards from alliances that are actually trying to play fairly in their respective tiers. It is like an anti Robin Hood move... Rob from the poor and give to the rich.

Facing a plat 1 alliance is unlikely. However, I see both sides. I understand the Gold 1 alliances issues with this bc the system is designed in the attempts to keep matchups of alliances even. Problem is we all to some extent either have a significant amount money involved or lots of time involved. So its a matter of strategy. What will yield the best outcome for the season?

So in reality a fix to this is locking alliances into tiers they reached during the season. While the offseason would be used to bring in new players and test new strategies rather than just flat out tanking to destoy the weaker competition.

You also have alliances actively getting caught piloting on purpose since thats an automatic 300 point drop in war rating. Players will always find a way to get around the system. Which is just kinda like how it is in life.

I think another way to solve this would be to first and foremost match alliances with other alliances that have similar alliance ratings and not war ratings. You shouldn't be able to match alliances that can flat out destroy you. I understand being dropped into a lower tier because of the automatic 300 point drop, but I don't think that should effect other players in that tier. They should still be getting matched with alliances in the tier they dropped from.
  • NickBates10NickBates10 Posts: 59
    Pretty sure you get full attack bonus for travelling over a node with no defender on it.
  • rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★

Obviously not everything is cheating... I wasn't at all implying that. What I am saying is that purposefully dropping your rating in war so that you can win a bunch of easy wars when the new season starts is an alliances way of manipulating the matchmaking system in an attempt to gain an advantage... aka cheating. It is completely despicable because 1: Alliances aren't man enough to just fight fair wars at their tiers, and 2: It takes away rewards from alliances that are actually trying to play fairly in their respective tiers. It is like an anti Robin Hood move... Rob from the poor and give to the rich.

Oh wow, so you never do Arena using the Infinite Streak method?
    Isn't that manipulating the Arena matches to gain an advantage and get ahead of others who fight without that method.

Whatever you said about tanking the rating cannot be considered cheating, it is an absurd notion.

Isn't that manipulating the Arena matches to gain an advantage and get ahead of others who fight without that method.

Whatever you said about tanking the rating cannot be considered cheating, it is an absurd notion.

There's quite a big difference between arena and AW. Arena is made so that the infinite streak is possible. There is no loophole to go through. Whereas in AW tanking is not something that was ever intended to be a strategy. The big issue that I have with tanking is that it takes away rewards from alliances that have fought their way fairly to that tier and those rewards are lost to alliances that are too afraid to fight wars in their own tier so they have resorted to shady methods that look a lot like cheating.
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★

There's quite a big difference between arena and AW. Arena is made so that the infinite streak is possible. There is no loophole to go through. Whereas in AW tanking is not something that was ever intended to be a strategy. The big issue that I have with tanking is that it takes away rewards from alliances that have fought their way fairly to that tier and those rewards are lost to alliances that are too afraid to fight wars in their own tier so they have resorted to shady methods that look a lot like cheating.

As of this moment, infinite streak is a way to manipulate the matching algorithm to give you favorable matchups AGAINST THE AI. Tanking gives you favorable matches against real opponents. Neither is cheating, at the moment, but I believe tanking is against the spirit of war. Itd be up to Kabam to say if its cheating or not.

I think another way to solve this would be to first and foremost match alliances with other alliances that have similar alliance ratings and not war ratings. You shouldn't be able to match alliances that can flat out destroy you. I understand being dropped into a lower tier because of the automatic 300 point drop, but I don't think that should effect other players in that tier. They should still be getting matched with alliances in the tier they dropped from.

I agree the system still needs a lot of tweaking and to kabams credit they have tried to make adjustments to make it more fair.

So long as its a possibility and not against TOS its a strategy being used. Like Mohammed Ali and the rope a dope.
  • RixobRixob Posts: 505 ★★
    youll lose on attack bonus
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    Rixob wrote: »

no they wont. attack bonus is given by node, not defender.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,860 ★★★★★
    Rixob wrote: »

As long as they dont die on an empty node they get the full attack bonus. They just need to clear the map 100%
    Primmer79 wrote: »

As of this moment, infinite streak is a way to manipulate the matching algorithm to give you favorable matchups AGAINST THE AI. Tanking gives you favorable matches against real opponents. Neither is cheating, at the moment, but I believe tanking is against the spirit of war. Itd be up to Kabam to say if its cheating or not.

Ok I can see your point. However, I still feel like they are slightly different scenarios because one is being used directly against other players to benefit whereas in the arena it doesn't hurt other players.

I agree the system still needs a lot of tweaking and to kabams credit they have tried to make adjustments to make it more fair.

So long as its a possibility and not against TOS its a strategy being used. Like Mohammed Ali and the rope a dope.

It is a possibility yes, and not directly against TOS, but then again neither was collusion in wars. It is kind of one of those scenarios that is indirectly against TOS.