**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

a question for the developers

Dear Developers,

When someone creates an MCOC account, does the game note the IP address and device used to create that account?

Comments

• GfhdtGfhdt Posts: 13
    Interesting question!
  • WWIDBWWIDB Posts: 44
    edited July 2018
    Most likely they are both noted. You create the user in game, connected to the internet on your device, so they most likely record it as an inital user or first login...

Why would this even matter? I assume you either plan on sharing your account, or you travel a lot, or use several different devices. Pretty sure they also track unusual activity; ie: Login from California, US then 3 hours later login from Paris, France would be a huge red flag
  • BelleBelle Posts: 4
    WWIDB wrote: »
    Most likely they are both noted. You create the user in game, connected to the internet on your device, so they most likely record it as an inital user or first login...

Why would this even matter? I assume you either plan on sharing your account, or you travel a lot, or use several different devices. Pretty sure they also track unusual activity; ie: Login from California, US then 3 hours later login from Paris, France would be a huge red flag

No, I have no intention of account sharing.

In fact, I WANT the game to collect this data.

• IcsGrecIcsGrec Posts: 919 ★★★
    Not sure about the device, but i’m almost certain it logs the IP.
  • crystaldsmithcrystaldsmith Posts: 471 ★★
    I'm pretty sure the iTunes and Play Store do, as well as MCoC. It would be the only way they could detect abnormal patterns consistent with piloting or account sharing. At least I think. Lol
  • Hey there!

There's actually an answer to this in our Terms of Service:

"14. Acknowledgements. You hereby agree and acknowledge that: (a) Kabam has the right to obtain without notification to you certain information about your computer or software, including without limitation, your operating system, identification of your hard drives, central processing unit, IP address, and Internet browser for purposes of identification and other lawful purposes;"
This discussion has been closed.