**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

iOS Beta Test - Volunteers Needed.

Comments

• GostWolf21GostWolf21 Posts: 20
    There modok AA and void in arena how we will play. Missed all these champs ****
  • WiMakWiMak Posts: 359 ★★
    Aside from the obvious this is kind of my main concerns. Even after they fix it how could they possibly “fairly” compensate. I mean, I personally know that I will be missing out on about 5000 5 star shards 6 alpha cats, 4 t4, and like 500 units. And that’s just milestones/rank not even considering the basic champ/dupe or BC. But not everybody puts that much into arena so We will never get anywhere near that. It’s all just incredibly frustrating...

Seems like the only thing that could remotely pacify us would be RDT and we know how divisive that topic is
  • Hulksmash777Hulksmash777 Posts: 5
    Kabam, please get this problem fixed quicker. As an iPhone user I cannot grind arena, complete anymoreof act 5, it is complete bs. You continue to put these stupid potion offers out, because you know iPhone users are experiencing bad game play. Your ethics on this issue is appalling, and shows how much you could care less about the gamer, who evidently pays your salaries. Wake up fix the issue, and make sure we are well compensate for this, not your usual ****! Do this very quickly, or lose a lot of people. That means can’t pay for those nice houses ya got!!
  • I’m still having issues with the game my phone keeps restarting while I’m playing also it’s overheating
  • LiverknightLiverknight Posts: 1
    Please fix this issue faster. Me and my alliance are losing interest of the game and it’s because we can’t actually play the game anymore. We’re considering other games now and the longer this takes, the harder for us to actually fall in love with the game again. If I were you, I won’t just dedicate a “team of people”. I’d bring everyone to the office and tell them you’re not going home till this is fixed. You should be THAT serious. Thanks
  • 장고팻장고팻 Posts: 1
    edited July 2018
    I'm also on this issue.
    My phone is not dying before Bam fixes it.
    I believe it... :(
  • Nikos72Nikos72 Posts: 12
    Iphone7 iOS 11.4.0 and 11.4.1 after...
    Just a small comment from my observations... (I am not choosed for the beta but I want to help as much as I can)
    I realized that overheating is a usually, but not always fact...
    It's not relevant neither with WiFi or 4G usage, neither if the phone is just restarted or not, neither if other apps doing something or not, neither if I play arena or AQ or solo quest or ... . But it is relevant with time spaces. There are some time spaces that I can play for a long time and the phone is just a bit warm, and some time spaces that I have to close the app in less than 5 mins or else the phone will burn my hands.
    Most (but not all) of these spaces that I can play are at late night hours (for me, I am in GMT+2) and after the 4-5 first days after the v19.0.0 publication.
    I am convinced that server activity is probably responsible too and not only the app.
    Thank you...
  • More than the event quest ,the multiverse arena matchup heats the iPhone real quick ,thought of sharing this insight for the testers
  • FR33_HUG5FR33_HUG5 Posts: 1,196 ★★★★
    why haven’t I received ingame mail informing me about the problem?

Yeah the only messages Kabam sends; either in game or direct email, is for offers designed to part us from our cash. Nothing about the current problems the game is currently dealing with.

Not everyone checks the forums. Official or otherwise.

• PaddiePaddie Posts: 28
    Openly admitting on the game that playing the game will damage your device isn’t a move they’re ever going to make.
  • THonlineTHonline Posts: 1
    Resolvam isso, não aguento mais.....
  • KahrahtayKahrahtay Posts: 146
    Maby a stupid idea... ask apple for help?
  • tonyj007tonyj007 Posts: 276
    Members/Players should have a in game warning. Reading pages on the forum is a bit of pain on a small device. the with shutdowns due to overheating, some players log on to get the great offers. Then a few matches, then shut down

Then members once they log Into game , they just play , until the device fails to play game. No point reading anything on the forum once device no longer runs the game. Lets hope some of these members don't replace failed device and start playing game on new device . Lets hope they do have access the forum and see the risk to device

A lot of children play this game, not everyone Tech Savvy player
  • TurboMacanTurboMacan Posts: 7
    I just signed up to be included in the beta testing. (iPhone 7plus 128G, 12.0 Beta IOS)
    This is a real problem and I am hoping for some resolution soon. My phone overheats and crashes after 30-40 min. of play. I had to leave my alliance and join a "retirement alliance" because I simply cannot commit to AW/AQ without the risk of my phone crashing. I am not willing put an $800 iphone in jeopardy of being ruined due to the overheating issue. This is really a shame.
  • Who will reimburse me for rewards due to device overheating? !! ??? !!! I lost 15 days and did not investigate a new monthly storyline. When will the update be ?! Why should I lose my place in the union? Who will refund all the rewards for the missed time! ???
  • DmRUADmRUA Posts: 3
    No comments (((( lol
  • DJRipsterDJRipster Posts: 169
    Any updates @Ad0ra_ ?

as an arena grinder, the constant lagging and crashing has made the game unplayable in its current state (at least on my device)
  • MariaJeanMariaJean Posts: 33
    Ad0ra_ wrote: »
    Hey Summoners!

Our team has been working hard to investigate and identify solutions for the reported overheating issue on iOS devices, and we currently have an update that we have been testing. Before rolling this update to the full player base, we are looking to find some volunteers that can assist in further testing. A few very important things to note:

1. Volunteers must be technically savvy. The instructions for how to download this beta and access it are slightly more complicated than the betas we have run through the in-game menu. It involves installing a separate app and following certain instructions.

2. Volunteers must have previously experienced or reported the overheating issue prior to this post.

3. Volunteers should be prepared to possibly download more than one update, depending on how the testing goes.

4. Not all volunteers that sign up will be selected, it will be first come first serve and once we reach our cap we won’t be able to notify everyone individually. If you’ve signed up, we will post updates in this thread and you should check in periodically.

5. This Beta does not include any new game content or champion changes - this is specifically for us to test possible resolutions for the iOS crashing & overheating issues that some users are encountering.

Last - we appreciate the flexibility and patience of everyone that volunteers. These small scale tests are an integral part of validating fixes by those experiencing the issue first hand, and the methods we have to use to get the test build into the hands of players outside of the app store is less formalized than the normal download process for a finished app.

You can find the application form here: http://bit.ly/iOSBetaMCOC

EDITED TO ADD:

Please note that this is an incredibly manual process, and takes some time for us to get players added in. We will be doing one batch this evening, and another batch tomorrow around mid-day. We will not be able to provide one on one troubleshooting for accessing the Beta itself, unless there are widespread issues preventing people from logging in.

For those that have been granted access, you will be added to the Beta forums. There are further instructions regarding how to access the beta test in this thread:

http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/81271/ios-beta-test-instructions#latest

Comments on your experience should only be posted in this thread:

http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/81275/ios-beta-discussion-please-only-post-in-this-thread#latest

note - you will not be able to access the above links if you have not yet been added. This is normal.

What about the non-responsive issues? Is that being tested or just overheating?
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    Can we get an update on how this is going today please? Cba to even log into the game for AQ anymore and it’s mostly down to being unable to do anything overly productive in terms of solo questing/arena
  • GostWolf21GostWolf21 Posts: 20
    Kabam will not release any new update on this issue they will fix it in next month’s new update thats why it isn’t resolve yet.
  • TortortorzTortortorz Posts: 12
    KABAM's technical team is so poor that the handling of crisis public relations is poor. Such operators can not develop. The technology is not good, the market is not good.
  • WhileSheSleepsWhileSheSleeps Posts: 17
    This is getting ridiculous, Kabam. 2 weeks of missed arenas + now Void coming? How should I grind for him when I can barely play AQ & AW?
  • New iOS out today, any chance this will fix the problem?
  • BenLucasBenLucas Posts: 69
    Any feedback regarding the latest IoS update? does that help this issue?
  • BenLucasBenLucas Posts: 69
    edited July 2018
    iphone case melting... pls help

08bk7frnbpd3.jpeg
  • Lost too much game time & rewards so far:-(( :-((
  • JokerYuYuJokerYuYu Posts: 11
    I do not understand Kabam's lack of intelligence to solve this problem, if it were something that affected her quickly it would be corrected, but a defect that is affecting millions of iOS players it takes weeks to correct, it is very amateurish of that company.
This discussion has been closed.