**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Arena streak

As if Kabam hasn’t given us enough to be disappointed in lately. Now they’ve change the arena streak metrics. I’m not talking about those joyful Death matches either that pop up 30 or 40 rounds into a streak. That we’ve had to endure the last 2 months. I’m talking about the not even being able to hit the streak. Having fights on the 15th and 16th round were the team PI is 2.5 times your teams PI. Using the same teams and process I’ve been using for the last year. I think it really is time to move on. Thanks for a once enjoyable game.

Comments

• IcehawklbIcehawklb Posts: 180
    At what? The expense of the honest players?
  • SonnybrooksSonnybrooks Posts: 24
    I also noticed this
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    KOKC wrote: »
    About time they changed the arena streak metrics... all those arena botters now need spend a few hours to remake their script. Honestly Kabam needs to change the streak metrics every day in order to prevent further abuse from happening.

1. According to Kabam, they didn't change the mechanics of the arena match ups, and while they've been wrong in the past, there's evidence to suggest they aren't wrong here.

2. Regardless of how the arena match ups have changed, whether because Kabam altered the arena or it is just a reflection of the increasing power of arena grinders' rosters, this wouldn't affect people botting the arena at all.
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    About time they changed the arena streak metrics... all those arena botters now need spend a few hours to remake their script. Honestly Kabam needs to change the streak metrics every day in order to prevent further abuse from happening.

1. According to Kabam, they didn't change the mechanics of the arena match ups, and while they've been wrong in the past, there's evidence to suggest they aren't wrong here.

2. Regardless of how the arena match ups have changed, whether because Kabam altered the arena or it is just a reflection of the increasing power of arena grinders' rosters, this wouldn't affect people botting the arena at all.

Kabam tells us all the time that they haven’t changed anything. When we’ve all noticed the difference. Like we don’t notice the game we play.

I do agree with you though, if this was done to curve botting, I doubt it curves it.
  • KOKCKOKC Posts: 49
    Icehawklb wrote: »

Kabam tells us all the time that they haven’t changed anything. When we’ve all noticed the difference. Like we don’t notice the game we play.

I do agree with you though, if this was done to curve botting, I doubt it curves it.

it will curve botting from several hours to 2 days, until botters rewrite their script.
    And that does almost nothing in the long run.

What I've noticed is strong evidence that they are speaking the truth about the arena, or at least they are in part speaking accurately. The arena has never, ever behaved in a perfectly repeatable and identical way from run to run. The match ups we get are sometimes weirdly identical, and sometimes radically different from run to run and at different streak counters, and that's always been true. This basically proves that the match up you get isn't based on some specific "formula" that only takes team rating and streak count into account. The evidence suggests that it takes other things into account, like the strength of player rosters and even the kinds of teams players bring into the arena itself. This means it is possible for the old rules of thumb, which were always just reasonable guesses not actual rules, could stop working as players progressed in the game.

In fact, as I posted in another thread, I've seen evidence that the match ups you get are affected in part by which team out of the three you pick during your streak: picking the weakest (i.e. top) team generates different results from picking the bottom team in the list when you get eventually start trying to use lower PI teams. I believe that has always been true, and it is interacting with strengthening rosters to create the death match problem.

The Rosetta stone for determining if Kabam could be telling the truth about the arena is to consider sandbag teams. They actually show up on the computer side of the match up. But why would the computer attempt to sandbag the players? I don't think it is programmed to do that. I think it is imitating the players who are doing that themselves. And that means what we collectively do in the arena is changing how the computer is choosing teams to face us. And that means there is no "formula" that the computer is using to pick match ups, at least no "infinite streak formula" like anything the players think is in there.
  • HeadrollerHeadroller Posts: 255
    edited July 2018
    The worst part about this new “mechanic
    “ as its being called, is it’s always squads of blade Medusa stark spidey, and even more recently a lot of duped 5* IMIW or domino. Most of these champs can easily ruin your streak if your not spot on with your champ choices. If I faced “death squads” of spider Gwen’s or iron mans I would at least be more capable of using my full roster to fight in the arenas.

Not only are the older champs collecting dust in event questing and alliance content, now I can’t take them out for there daily walks in arenas!

As an honest player that uses the arenas for units and battle chips and not so dedicated to grinding out for champs, I now no longer use the arenas. My useage of the game has gone down as a result.
  • BadroseBadrose Posts: 779 ★★★
    Well, I often lose my streak on purpose after battle #20 because restarting from zero gives you more points using 5*.
    Badrose wrote: »
    Well, I often lose my streak on purpose after battle #20 because restarting from zero gives you more points using 5*.

Please explain.
  • beyonder8421beyonder8421 Posts: 881 ★★★
    I am not having these issues doing my streak. Did Alpha on sunday and doing 4* featured right now. Already on infinite streak.

Please explain.

5* R1 only gets about 18k after battle 21. They get about 21-24k in battle 4-9
    5* R4 gets about 28k after battle 21. They get about 34-38K in battle 10-15
    5* R3 gest about 22k after battle 21. They get about 30-32k in battle 10-15
  • beyonder8421beyonder8421 Posts: 881 ★★★

Please explain.

I noticed this against Thanos Team. But those 5 series until you build your multiplier are a waste of time.

Please explain.

Those numbers look a little wonky. Your R4 numbers seem a little higher than mine, but your R1 numbers seem a little lower. They should be either both higher or both lower depending on masteries. And you don't reach 3x multiplier until fight number 6 (the multipliers go 1.0x, 1.25x, 1.5x, 2.0x, 2.5x, 3.0x).

And even with those numbers, I don't see how they make up for both the loss (where you have to lose at least two fights) and the lower multipliers on restart. Maybe some very specific roster make up makes this all work out, but it doesn't seem like it would.
    Honestly I have never calculated the "exact" amount of points earned, but I'm pretty sure u get a lot more points losing the streak. At least in the 5s featured arena.
  • Nitro422Nitro422 Posts: 276
    Took me a couple of tries to figure out the new way to get into the streak...
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    @Icehawklb fights 15 and 16 have always been able to give hard matches depending on what team you used. Arena is essentially the same as it ever was.
    @LeNoirFaineant Wrong. I you do it right once you hit 15 the matches became easy. I've done it twice a week for the last year and a half. Although the infinite streak doesn't start until the 21st fight. Fights 16-20 have always been against PIs similar to yours as long as you're using 4/40 4* or higher
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    @LeNoirFaineant Wrong. I you do it right once you hit 15 the matches became easy. I've done it twice a week for the last year and a half. Although the infinite streak doesn't start until the 21st fight. Fights 16-20 have always been against PIs similar to yours as long as you're using 4/40 4* or higher

No, not wrong. Like I said, 15-16 have always potentially been hard fights depending on what team you bring, and arena is essentially the same. 4/40s used to be fine there. 3/30s used to be fine after 20 or so. It is a little different and some things that used to be safe aren't safe anymore, but essentially the same.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    I don’t care about the death matches that much. I’m willing to fight 6k PI champs with my 2k PI champs. Just stop making so many of the champs AoN. That’s the thing I can’t stand.
  • GrimmbananaGrimmbanana Posts: 711 ★★
    meh i quit arenas so i dont care much now..its just only gonna get harder nothing to be done but fight through it all!!