**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

About the over heating issue

NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
Yes everyone we get it, your phone is getting destroyed and this is getting frustrating, but seriously stop posting about it every day, Kabam is working on a fix but we probably won't be able to get an answer as fast as everyone is expecting. This is a very confusing issue, that as a older forum post stated other games have been triggering this as well. So please be patient and wait till Kabam says something and stop posting about it every single day fixes can't just pumped out as fast as snapping then saying Bam Fixed.

But now if this info could be helpful optimization wise. I play on LG Stylo Plus 2 and don't experince this over heating issue so something right has to be going on there.

Comments

• DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    So the worst update ever, and that's saying something, and we should just be quite about it? Don't think so.
  • NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    DaMunk wrote: »
    So the worst update ever, and that's saying something, and we should just be quite about it? Don't think so.

Not saying you should be quiet about it but stop posting ever single chance you get about it especially when Kabam has stated they are working on a fix and will give more info when they have it available. People keep demanding more info when in reality Kabam doesnt have anymore to give, its like demanding to buy a game that's sold out over and over again in the same location. They don't have anything to give right now so why don't you just wait until they do.
  • Batang_xBatang_x Posts: 19
    DaMunk wrote: »

Not saying you should be quiet about it but stop posting ever single chance you get about it especially when Kabam has stated they are working on a fix and will give more info when they have it available. People keep demanding more info when in reality Kabam doesnt have anymore to give, its like demanding to buy a game that's sold out over and over again in the same location. They don't have anything to give right now so why don't you just wait until they do.

But if you really think about it, they should know what the problem is considering they’re the ones who created the new update. Im just surprised its taken this long for them to not be able to figure out whats causing the problem. Furthermore, there are people that have put in a lot of money on this game so they have just as much right to complain and whine about their mobile phones overheating, constant maintenance, terrible prizes and getting kabammed. Cheers.
  • KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    This isn't something like pure skill or inequity, this is an issue that is costing us rewards and damaging our devices. Roll the game back to 11.0 and let us play old school until you guys get this fixed. Not even a 6* with a rank up gem will cover the cost of destroyed devices and the out of game issues it causes.

They talk about certain champs breaking the game, but when the game is breaking devices it's all hush hush. Apple says DO NOT PLAY the game, uninstall it until there is an update that fixes it. Kabam just says deal with it, and buy these offers we have out now.
  • NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    I'm gonna say if Devices do get destroyed that's on the player, i know for one I would think "hey this game is greatly causing my phone to heat up maybe to avoid permanent damages I should STOP PLAYING UNTIL THEY FIX IT." Plus just because they created the update doesn't mean they should know what is causing it bugs in any kind of technological situation can just come out of nowhere with no clear indication of how it started. We have no real idea what's going on behind the code so we can't just assume that its easy peasy to solve. But common coding knowledge will let you know one thing, its not gonna be easy to figure out.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    Kpatrix wrote: »
    This isn't something like pure skill or inequity, this is an issue that is costing us rewards and damaging our devices. Roll the game back to 11.0 and let us play old school until you guys get this fixed. Not even a 6* with a rank up gem will cover the cost of destroyed devices and the out of game issues it causes.

They talk about certain champs breaking the game, but when the game is breaking devices it's all hush hush. Apple says DO NOT PLAY the game, uninstall it until there is an update that fixes it. Kabam just says deal with it, and buy these offers we have out now.

That's not at all possible.
  • RedBaron99RedBaron99 Posts: 45
    Yes, because stopping making an issue of something just makes it go away.
    I'm gonna say if Devices do get destroyed that's on the player, i know for one I would think "hey this game is greatly causing my phone to heat up maybe to avoid permanent damages I should STOP PLAYING UNTIL THEY FIX IT." Plus just because they created the update doesn't mean they should know what is causing it bugs in any kind of technological situation can just come out of nowhere with no clear indication of how it started. We have no real idea what's going on behind the code so we can't just assume that its easy peasy to solve. But common coding knowledge will let you know one thing, its not gonna be easy to figure out.

Two issues highlighted with your somewhat ignorant post.

Speaking from personal experience, I initially knew nothing about the issue when it started - until it happened to me. I was grinding arena, adjusted my grip on my iPhone and two of my fingers touched a spot on the back of the phone that was so hot, I instinctively dropped it. Now I have a damaged bezel and a smashed screen because as it turns out, I didn't expect my phone to take on some of the properties of a small sun, and equally, my phone didn't not take kindly to its trip to the ground. Not sure how that's my fault, and I am sure others are in this position. As you wisely suggest, I now just play for a few minutes at a time before the overheating starts - as I am sure many others are doing. The fact remains that the damage has already been done though.

Second point - "just because the created the update doesn't mean they should know what is causing it bugs". I think you need to reread that. Just because you create something and it's broken, it's not your fault? Seriously? So if I made a toy for kids and I didn't bother fully testing with kids and just started selling it... then it turns out the toy randomly bursts into flames or malfunctions and causes half of the kids that bought it an injury... that's not my fault right?

Once again though, it's clear Kabam have rushed content for whatever reason, and their quality control/assurance and due diligence has failed once again. Only this time, it's damaged peoples' property and isn't just causing in-game features glitches (that are working as intended).
  • Hi All!

This thread has derailed into personal attacks and non-constructive posts. If you have questions about the Forum Rules, you can locate them here. The thread will now be closed.
This discussion has been closed.