**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

[iOS] Lag and Performance Investigation

Comments

• Amigos Kabam;
    There's no way we can enjoy this game again. At least not if you can't solve this problems in AQ. Forget about my phone getting hot, the fact that I have to charge it because the game is killing the battery. It's all about the game problems. Parrying is not working well, the game is crashing in the middle of the battle during AQ, and then I rejoin and I see my champ with half of his health.
    We've giving a lot to this game, make it enjoyable again
  • jtodd2006jtodd2006 Posts: 12
    Device and Model: iPhone 7
    Device Operating System: iOS 11.4
    Cellular or WiFi: Both
    Game Version Installed: 19.0.0
    Game Mode: All Modes
    Description of the Issue: Overheating, battery drain, app crashing, random phone restarts, lag, and control issues.

Since the last update my phone is getting very hot after only a few minutes of gameplay, and the battery is draining much faster than normal. The app will crash at random times, and also causes my phone to restart on its own, usually during, or just after a fight. The game will periodically lag during fights, and occasionally the controls do not respond correctly. When I swipe right in an attempt to dash forward for an attack, my champion will dash backwards instead. All of the above issues began after the latest update, with the exception of the control issue, which I noticed on the previous version as well.
  • WrdWrd Posts: 11
    Device and Model: iPhone 7plus
    Cellular or WiFi: happens on both data and WiFi. Have Verizon provider
    Game Mode: Happens and every mode after extended time playing/fighting
    Description of the Issue: Phone overheats and resets sometimes a quick reset others a full reboot. Has been affecting overall phone performance because it overheats so badly. Happens with all champions in all game modes after extended playing time
  • ahbaoahbao Posts: 1
    Device Operating System: iOS 11.4.1
    Description of the Issue: Overheating, battery drain, app crashing, random phone restarts, lag, and control issues.

18.1 works fine on my iphone. After the 19.0 update, 2-3 minutes into the gameplay the overheating and game crashes started to happen. Even if the game does not crash, the gameplay will be laggy and not responsive.
  • dinz80dinz80 Posts: 12
    Device and Model: iPhone 6s
    Cellular or WiFi: mostly use in WiFI
    Game Version Installed: 19.0
    Game Mode: In which game mode did the error occur? Generally across.
    Description : Lag across happening a lot more over last few days but somewhat happening since 19.0. Battery draining. I was not see overheating of phone till this morning. About an hour ago. 7am PST. Def stopped playing the game since that.
  • Nirant14Nirant14 Posts: 13
    Device and Model: iPhone 8
    Cellular or WiFi: Cellular
    Game Version Installed: Version 19.0.0
    Game Mode: Event Quests, Arena
    Description of the Issue: Overheating, battery drain, phone shut down, game lag
  • ShnapperShnapper Posts: 15
    edited July 2018
    My 7+ is still experiencing problems at RANDOM.. Sometimes I can play arena for hours and my phone only gets a little warm. If I alliance search and duel a particular 6 star I’ve been picking on my phone gets super hot and locks. I put it in the refrigerator a few minutes, log back in and played more arena and it wasn’t too bad. Then I went to story quest Act 4, 4, 3 and boom phone got super hot again for lord knows what reason? It’s very odd and the issue occurs randomly as if there are bugs galore in the game. Nothing else on my phone causes problems. How long until this is fixed???? Right now my phone is cool again so I guess I will try arena until this game freaks out again...
  • FedeOniFedeOni Posts: 1
    Device and Model: iPhone 6

18.1 works fine on my iphone. After the 19.0 update, 2-3 minutes into the gameplay the overheating and game crashes started to happen. Even if the game does not crash, the gameplay will be laggy and not responsive.
  • BowlSheetBowlSheet Posts: 113
    BowlSheet wrote: »
    Device and Model: iPhone X and iPad Air 2
    Cellular or WiFi: WiFi.
    Game Mode: Event Quests -> Maps 5 and 6 --- Also Crystal tab
    Description of the Issue:
    This is an update to persistent issue. Basically, the more information a page has to load, the greater the lag. This is most prevalent on the Crystals tab and on Event/Battle maps with a lot of paths to choose from. There are many pages where lag is non-existent, like Map 1 and 2 on event quests, since the content is so simple.

The current difficulties seem to be device specific (or it coincidentally cleared up upon device switch). Using the same wifi signal, I was connected via iPad and experienced significant lag (At about 6:15PM EST). I switched to iPhone and lag was non-existent (about 10 seconds occurred between transition). Same WiFi, different device. However, a couple of minutes later, I switched back to the iPad and the lag was not present.

I suppose it's possible it's a network error on my end; however, I don't have any issues with any of my other graphic/content intensive games (or any issues at all, except with MCOC).

I'd love to give cellular details, but when I'm away from home, I'm usually not paying attention while playing. Usually on auto play or playing by sound and not really watching. Since I'm not giving full attention, I can't remember if I experience lag on cellular. I will try to be more mindful.

Anyway, that's my two cent update on an issue that is a month or two old.
  • AdvAdv Posts: 195
    Device and model : iPhone 6plus
    Device operating system : iOS 10.3.3
    Cellular or wifi : both, cellular carrier jio4G
    Game version installed : latest 19.0.0
    Game mode : story,event quest,arenas,AQ and AW
    Description of the issue : overheating, lag and system crash. The issue is more severe in AQ and AW. Overheating is consistent across all game modes.
  • Cozmoe76Cozmoe76 Posts: 7

Cellular or WiFi: both
    If on cellular, what is your mobile carrier? AT&T
    Game Version Installed: version 19.0.9
    Game Mode: all modes - Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest or Alliance War.
    Description of the Issue: The game slows down,stops, turns off,restarts. My phone has turned off with 99% battery and rebooted. The phone overheats. This has beenwith all champs and all modes. I believe this has been an issue for more than the last couple of updates.
  • Kull_62Kull_62 Posts: 3
    If on cellular, what is your mobile carrier? AT&T
    Game Version Installed: version 19.0.0
    Game Mode: all modes - Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest or Alliance War.
    Description of the Issue: The game shuts down,stops, turns off,restarts. Has cost me health and deaths and unnecessary item use. I want items refunded!
  • tonyj007tonyj007 Posts: 276
    ALL members

Battery Drain, (overheats and shutdown device) problem is still ongoing

Reminder - If a device shuts down its a warning that something is wrong. It might not boot up, You just don't know. How many times must a device shut down before it fails to restart. Overheating on any electronics devices cannot be good .

Possible damage to battery performance, internal damage to overheating

Impacts Android and IOS devices, (appears over time this has now affects Android)

under investigation , test being carried out on beta sever.

I don't believe any changes have been made to live sever to resolve the impact of patch 19.0.. i could be wrong and missed this information

For each devices has different tolerance for each player

It seems to be getting worse the more you play

reduce your game time , reduces the risk of damage to your device

Not safe. Play at your own risk, your device is in jeopardy.
  • Grandpajb50Grandpajb50 Posts: 13
    Symptoms I’ve seen imply it is more likely due to a memory management problem not with overheating.
  • ColleenColleen Posts: 173
    edited July 2018
    Device: iPhone se
    Operating system: IOS 11.1.4
    Use cellular and WiFi
    Affecting mainly arena
    Issue: the whole game in general is screwing with my phone. I’ll try and go to another app and my screen freezes, I’ll listen to music on my phone why grinding in arena and the music stops and when I swipe up to control center phone freezes and 85% turns black and resets itself. Has reset itself 4 times in the last 2 days while I was grinding in arena. Unresponsive screen tapping won’t work, home button doesn’t work, power button doesn’t work, and sometimes when getting off of mcoc to another app (LINE most of the time) that app also freezes and no suprise but once again my phone will reset. Only happens when going from mcoc to another app doesn’t happen when going from any app to another app. Once again only happens when going from MCOC to another app GET THE HINT
  • Iron_SkywalkerIron_Skywalker Posts: 125
    Device: IPhone 5S
    Operating System: IOS 11.3 Cellular/WiFi: Both
    Game version: 17.2.0
    Game Mode: Event Quests and Alliance War, and Arena.
    Description: lagged fighting and overheating after relatively short periods. Game slows down, and my Champions stop blocking.
  • Dark89PhoenixDark89Phoenix Posts: 166
    I’m trying to complete arena for Archangel but my phone (iPhone 7 Plus, Verizon, using WiFi or cellular, iOS 11.4.1, game version 19.0) constantly heats up & power cycles. What am I supposed to do about the arena Kabam???
  • jtodd2006jtodd2006 Posts: 12
    jtodd2006 wrote: »

Since the last update my phone is getting very hot after only a few minutes of gameplay, and the battery is draining much faster than normal. The app will crash at random times, and also causes my phone to restart on its own, usually during, or just after a fight. The game will periodically lag during fights, and occasionally the controls do not respond correctly. When I swipe right in an attempt to dash forward for an attack, my champion will dash backwards instead. All of the above issues began after the latest update, with the exception of the control issue, which I noticed on the previous version as well.

As an additional note, I should also add that I also play on Wi-Fi only, with my old iPhone 6S. Both iOS and game software is the same version as with my iPhone 7. I experience all of the same issues as with the iPhone 7. The phone is inside and OtterBox defender case, and it will get so hot, that with the case on, that it is too hot to hold.
  • ralliesrallies Posts: 6
    Device and Model: iPhone 7 plus
  • stinkypants74stinkypants74 Posts: 13
    Phone completely froze due to overheating when fighting nc in aw. Had to restart iPhone. Logged back in to a ko’ed luke Cage. Good times.
  • ericolorericolor Posts: 238
    iPhoneX
    iOS 11.4.1
    game ver 19.0.1, latest ver I updated in this morning.

It’s STILL hot and creen becomes dark. Did you really test and fix it?? The lags were decreased a little but not completely.
  • KullilliKid74KullilliKid74 Posts: 2
    edited July 2018
    Hi since downloading latest version on my iPhone 7+. I have been having gaming issues such as phone overheating phone shutdowns mid game play incorrect reward calculation just to name a few please help
  • Bagoly87Bagoly87 Posts: 7
    Ladies and gentlemen’s,
    iPhone SE... very enjoyable the game after update the game...

https://youtu.be/LoBu6NDbATQ

Why?
    Rgds
  • QuikPikQuikPik Posts: 806 ★★★★
    Device and Model: iPhone X
    Game Version Installed: 19.0.1
    Description of the Issue: Since past update the over heating problem still exists but it is not as bad with 19.0. However playing the game still drains my battery within a few minutes. Even using an iPad charger while playing MCoC will keep my battery at the same levels.
  • KisHinKisHin Posts: 57
    iPad no 4
    iOS 11.4.1
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Wolf @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Ahab
    Guys game just restarted on its own on the 1st day I decided to grind after the update
    Please can we get a fix for it
    It’s been too long
  • Jimmy_OzJimmy_Oz Posts: 8
    Device and Model: iPad Air 2. MGWL2X/A
    Device Operating System: 11.4.1
    Cellular or WiFi: Cellular Vodafone AU
    Game Version Installed: 19.0.1
    Game Mode: Event Quest.
    Description of the Issue: Moving through map, to position where Wolverine X32 located downward 3 from start position... no buttons present, no selection available... just two animation characters, mine (nebula) and Wolverine X32 with red and blue corner illuminating particles on either side. Navigation is able to leave fight but does not progress and freezes. I can’t start the battle.
  • RoninBRRoninBR Posts: 31
    iPhone 7
    iOS 12 beta 3
    Game V. 19.1
    Wi-Fi or mobile
    Any game mode
    Still overheating, not as much as 19.0.
    A lot of lagging, making me miss parry, dexterity, sometimes missing special time
    Now, in 19.1 I can play longer but the game needs fix the lag
This discussion has been closed.