**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Why the New Expert Class Catalyst Daily Quests are a joke.

rdkgzsuauq8t.png
The new quests require 137 energy to explore and it only gives 1550! As you can see in the picture. You can actually buy 1800 fragments for only 270 glory! Before anyone tells me that some people wont have glory. Please consider that anyone who is strong enough to do these quests and actually at a level where they need T4CC, definitely have no problem spending 270 glory everyday for more rewards! 137 energy and your time is much much more valuable than 270 glory.

Comments

• Razer_Boltz619Razer_Boltz619 Posts: 131 ★★
    270 Glory takes a week to accumulate. Doing the Quest would take about half a day, if you waited for your Energy to refill.

Once that week ends u have about 4000+ glory and u can basically have an unlimitef source of these. Also the the rewards u get when u use all energy in quests or others is much better.
  • Razer_Boltz619Razer_Boltz619 Posts: 131 ★★
    Plus you're waiting for the Class to randomly pop up.

Its the same with the quests. U also wait for a class to randomly drop
  • gannicus0830gannicus0830 Posts: 606 ★★★★
    I agree. They are a waste of time and energy. Just another example of how disconnected Kabam is from the player community.
  • TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    Problem is Kabam logic.
    T1bc / cc run=1 / 1energy
    T2bc / cc run=1 / 2 energy
    T3bc / cc run=2 / 3 energy
    T4bc / cc run=2 / 4 energy

T4cc are arguably harder to obtain and take longer and cost more energy to get than basic.
  • Bear3Bear3 Posts: 996 ★★★
    Don’t like the quest? My suggestion is don’t play it. Whining about yet another thing is getting old. Whine about the things that matter.
  • Eric987Eric987 Posts: 78
    edited July 2018
    This isn’t really a method to get t4CC for most players. In my opinion, it’s actually good for end game players who need a specific class. I’m capped out in almost all my tier 4 class catalysts but I need science badly to get my five star void to rank 5. I’ll run the quest whenever it’s science but other then that it’s not worth it all. I don’t have anything else to spend energy on anyways. All glory goes to potions for AW and alphas
  • ASV27ASV27 Posts: 91
    that's like a months worth of glory.
  • SagetrofholzSagetrofholz Posts: 125
    This just helps the end game player top off specific classes it does nothing for the mid game player desperate for t4cc. If you haven't completed ALL content your energy is better used pretty much anywhere else
  • RocapRocap Posts: 222
    Have to disagree with that one. Most of the judgment is coming from people who don't even need the Frags as badly as those who are waiting months and months to get them. This is for people who need the Frags but don't have access through AQ or Uncollected. They are a part of the community as well. People look at it from their own position and perspective, but they rarely identify with people who aren't where they're at. Its perfectly reasonable to register an opinion based on where one is at, but to say it's worthless, or disconnected from the Player Base, is to ignore the fact that other people are at other points in the game, and have other needs.

Lol if ur at a point in the game where u need t4cc then u probably get a good amount of glory. Also i am not very strong. My rating is only 150k and with the new AQ system glory is very easy to get.

Once a week and if you're not using them on potions then you don't care about your alliance winning wars. While I agree that the rewards themselves are awful, they even went out of their way to point out that you can't get a full cat and it's just meant to edge you in the right direction for a specific class. I also see how it's needed. It's better than running the t3cc and selling them. Actually it's about equal to that.
  • beyonder8421beyonder8421 Posts: 881 ★★★
    Not everyone joins alliances, so you cannot rely on just glory to advance in the game (I haven't in months). That doesn't make the new quests less of a joke, but just saying glory is not a replacement, but an alternative in this scenario.
  • Icecold2099Icecold2099 Posts: 577 ★★★
    edited July 2018
    @GroundedWisdom

They are only worth it to run when you only need a couple hundred to complete a full class catalyst. And then it all depends on the individuals other energy needs.

They are in no way worth it to run in order to get a full t4cc. I'd take 1.5 years to get enough to get a 4* to 5/50.

I'd recommend taking your own advice and not arguing as if they are such a great addition to the game as a whole. And key people voice their opinions about it.

I have been playing for 10 months and still don't have 3 tech t4cc's. I'm 5000 away from my 3rd one and i don't think these quests are worth it.

I do have and have gotten, recently, 3 of other classes, but these quests as a whole don't come across as a valuable addition to the game.

One i get to within 450 tech t4cc i may do a run, but that's the only reason I'd ever do one of these.

Also when i was in an alliance that only did map 2 AQ and no AW at all, 270 glory was easy to get.

It's all relative to the individual player and a lot of players think these quests are trash.

• ToridyToridy Posts: 10
    Kabam give us options for players who want to catch frags as much as they possible.
  • Kade7175Kade7175 Posts: 304 ★★
    If theyd put in even a really low chance of getting a fully formed one itd be worth it to everyone. To just say shards and only shards and such a low number makes it hard for me to want to fo it but if there was a .91% chance that on a play thru i could get it fully formed oh yeah id be in them quests buddy.
  • KillerRino19KillerRino19 Posts: 370 ★★
    Have to disagree with that one. Most of the judgment is coming from people who don't even need the Frags as badly as those who are waiting months and months to get them. This is for people who need the Frags but don't have access through AQ or Uncollected. They are a part of the community as well. People look at it from their own position and perspective, but they rarely identify with people who aren't where they're at. Its perfectly reasonable to register an opinion based on where one is at, but to say it's worthless, or disconnected from the Player Base, is to ignore the fact that other people are at other points in the game, and have other needs.

from this quest you cand get 2 t4cc a year and you need 3 to rank up a 4*, if you dont have any other option for t4cc fragments then you're screwed
  • UpmaxMUpmaxM Posts: 2
    The rewards could be a bit higher, maybe 50% more or double, but that quite depends what they intended with them, what however is clearly an error they didnt think through is that the enemies give less xp than the ones on 3e/move hard difficulty of the daily class quest and that would be pretty easy to fix.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,191 ★★★★★
    @GroundedWisdom

They are only worth it to run when you only need a couple hundred to complete a full class catalyst. And then it all depends on the individuals other energy needs.

They are in no way worth it to run in order to get a full t4cc. I'd take 1.5 years to get enough to get a 4* to 5/50.

I'd recommend taking your own advice and not arguing as if they are such a great addition to the game as a whole. And key people voice their opinions about it.

I have been playing for 10 months and still don't have 3 tech t4cc's. I'm 5000 away from my 3rd one and i don't think these quests are worth it.

I do have and have gotten, recently, 3 of other classes, but these quests as a whole don't come across as a valuable addition to the game.

One i get to within 450 tech t4cc i may do a run, but that's the only reason I'd ever do one of these.

Also when i was in an alliance that only did map 2 AQ and no AW at all, 270 glory was easy to get.

It's all relative to the individual player and a lot of players think these quests are trash.

I never implied they're meant to form full Cats. They're not a substitute for other sources. That's one of the reasons they're limited. Another is that they run every week, all year long. Those Frags add up. It's entirely possible to run them everyday, if you wanted to. I personally target Cats I need. Everything helps when you're accumulating Frags every month and relying on RNG. It takes months and months to get what you need, so every Frag helps.
    In your case, you would have your Tech in a month. Entirely up to you if you feel it's worth it or not. They have to cost more to run, simply because they're worth more than other Cats. It's in scale with the progression in Tiers.
    Personally, I don't think they are intended for End-Game Players, yet anyone can do them. However, the most vocal are the people who don't need them. There's a tendency to personalize anything released and compare it to where you are at, but not everything released is meant to help every demographic. They're worth it to people waiting months and months to Rank their first R5 4* or R4 5*.
    I agree that it would take an incredible amount of Energy to try and form Cats solely through them. I just think that's kind of the point.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    @GroundedWisdom

I never implied they're meant to form full Cats. They're not a substitute for other sources. That's one of the reasons they're limited. Another is that they run every week, all year long. Those Frags add up. It's entirely possible to run them everyday, if you wanted to. I personally target Cats I need. Everything helps when you're accumulating Frags every month and relying on RNG. It takes months and months to get what you need, so every Frag helps.
    In your case, you would have your Tech in a month. Entirely up to you if you feel it's worth it or not. They have to cost more to run, simply because they're worth more than other Cats. It's in scale with the progression in Tiers.
    Personally, I don't think they are intended for End-Game Players, yet anyone can do them. However, the most vocal are the people who don't need them. There's a tendency to personalize anything released and compare it to where you are at, but not everything released is meant to help every demographic. They're worth it to people waiting months and months to Rank their first R5 4* or R4 5*.
    I agree that it would take an incredible amount of Energy to try and form Cats solely through them. I just think that's kind of the point.

While I do not need t4c, on my main account at least, I do have a second account where I’m looking at getting more t4c outside of Aq and fragment crystals from event quests. These t4c event quests are not a good place for it. My account is trying to do Act 4 exploration, Master, Heroic, Act 5 completion, grind for basic cats, do rifts to name but a few places I need to spend energy.

To then have to spend 137 energy to get 1500 fragments is a joke. An utter joke. My account has 60 energy. If I wake up to do it, use my 60 energy that’s 77 energy left I need to save up. Thats 8 hours later. By that time it’s the evening and I have no time to do Act 4, Act 5, heroic, master, grind for basic cats or do my rifts.

But you’re telling me, if I do that for 24 days, the best part of a month, then I’ll be able to get one t4c of my choice and I’m supposed to think it’s a good idea and thing to spend time to do?

Perhaps you’re right that they aren’t meant to be used to fully form one, but if so, then what’s the point in making it such a large energy cost? It just goes to show how out of touch kabam are. Or, how little they care.

Literally, the only time I will use this is if I am 500 fragments off forming a catalyst. Let’s just assume you spend the same amount of time on each amount of fragments, what is the use in making an area of the game where I am only going to need it 1% of the time? (500/36000)

I’d rather just sell some t3c.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,554 Guardian
    But you’re telling me, if I do that for 24 days, the best part of a month, then I’ll be able to get one t4c of my choice and I’m supposed to think it’s a good idea and thing to spend time to do?

I don't tell other people how to spend their time, but if I wasn't uncollected and wasn't in an expert-level AQ alliance, I would be running it as often as possible. As it is, I will probably run it occasionally at the end of months where I have a surplus of energy, because from my perspective I can see no good reason not to.

I'm guessing there are probably a lot of players that are making the same calculation. If this event came along back when I still had a roster of mostly 4/40s, I would have considered it a god-send. Nothing about the game itself has changed to the point where if I was starting now and in that same point in game progress I wouldn't feel similarly.

Different people might make a different value calculation there, but I think enough people will calculate the event to be worth spending time on to make it a reasonable addition to the game.
    You can run them to top one off. You can also use them towards Classes you need. Another option is to run them when you have spare Energy. EQ is finished relatively quickly for me, and unless I'm working on Story, my Energy just sits there while I Grind. Nothing wrong with being proactive and using excess Energy. It all adds up.
    The cost of Energy is because they're a Tier higher. It's supposed to cost more Energy than T3. As for the amount, they're limited for a reason. It's 6/7 day Quest. If it was more, it would add up more, and be a great deal more imbalanced. The primary focus for Cats is meant to be AQ, and Uncollected of course. They're just making it somewhat easier to get them other ways, just like the T4CC Arena addition. It all adds up.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    You can run them to top one off. You can also use them towards Classes you need. Another option is to run them when you have spare Energy. EQ is finished relatively quickly for me, and unless I'm working on Story, my Energy just sits there while I Grind. Nothing wrong with being proactive and using excess Energy. It all adds up.
    The cost of Energy is because they're a Tier higher. It's supposed to cost more Energy than T3. As for the amount, they're limited for a reason. It's 6/7 day Quest. If it was more, it would add up more, and be a great deal more imbalanced. The primary focus for Cats is meant to be AQ, and Uncollected of course. They're just making it somewhat easier to get them other ways, just like the T4CC Arena addition. It all adds up.

Ok that’s great and all, but some people never have a surplus of energy. Some have, like I’ve said, Act 4/5, Master, heroic or whatever. And they won’t have energy to spare. They don’t have 140 energy lying around to spend on 1500 fragments. That’s a hell of a lot to spend on something that “adds up”.

My entire issue with this is the energy. It is too energy draining to make it an acceptable resource farm for something that adds up.
    That's where making decisions on what is a priority comes in. You won't have enough Energy to do everything in the game all at once regardless of these.
  • Bear3Bear3 Posts: 996 ★★★

While I do not need t4c, on my main account at least, I do have a second account where I’m looking at getting more t4c outside of Aq and fragment crystals from event quests. These t4c event quests are not a good place for it. My account is trying to do Act 4 exploration, Master, Heroic, Act 5 completion, grind for basic cats, do rifts to name but a few places I need to spend energy.

To then have to spend 137 energy to get 1500 fragments is a joke. An utter joke. My account has 60 energy. If I wake up to do it, use my 60 energy that’s 77 energy left I need to save up. Thats 8 hours later. By that time it’s the evening and I have no time to do Act 4, Act 5, heroic, master, grind for basic cats or do my rifts.

Perhaps you’re right that they aren’t meant to be used to fully form one, but if so, then what’s the point in making it such a large energy cost? It just goes to show how out of touch kabam are. Or, how little they care.

Literally, the only time I will use this is if I am 500 fragments off forming a catalyst. Let’s just assume you spend the same amount of time on each amount of fragments, what is the use in making an area of the game where I am only going to need it 1% of the time? (500/36000)

I’d rather just sell some t3c. [/quote]

Lol so you’re complaining this isn’t worthwhile for your SECOND account?! Who cares? It’s your second account.. nobody’s feeling bad you’re having trouble upgrading your alt account. This isn’t a feature that the game has taken away from you, it’s something that’s been added if you so choose, just like everything else. Don’t like the quest? DONT DO IT. People always have to whine that things aren’t tailored specifically for what they want. Can’t do the expert quest AND act 5, AND act 4, AND event quest? Don’t do them all, nobody’s forcing you. You’re just complaining that somethings been added that doesn’t work for you. Yeah it’s not a lot of frags. I don’t need science t4cc, but I also don’t need my energy currently... event quest done.. act 5 done etc so I went ahead and did it for the 1500 frags. Doesn’t work for you? Then pass on it.
  • AnthinhoAnthinho Posts: 256
    I get 3k glory each week lol
  • Nick_Caine_32Nick_Caine_32 Posts: 587 ★★★★
    edited July 2018
    If you’re up and coming and need class catalysts, the best way will always be with an alliance running AQ. This is so much energy for such a small amount. Let’s not pretend it’s built for growing players to advance, it’s to get small amount and even then - that’s such a waste of energy with rewards left on the table from story and event quests instead, one of which has a time when they disappear. Just get glory and use your precious energy other places.