**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

war is not fun anymore

bdawg923bdawg923 Posts: 752 ★★★★
edited July 2018 in General Discussion
The difficulty increase in war makes it not fun anymore. Node 30 is near impossible to beat without heavy spending and boosts. Getting stuck on it means the group can't clear. It's not fun getting stuck on nodes that are designed to be so difficult.

Kabam says they don't want us to 100% the map. Then don't put the hardest nodes on paths that are required to be taken down to reach the boss. The old war map used to have super hard nodes on the top and far right, and skipping them meant we could still reach and kill bosses. If alliances wanted to increase exploration, they could fight the hard nodes too.

But this map is reversed and makes no sense. The hardest nodes should be unlinked and not link other nodes and should be on paths 1 and 9 so alliances could choose to skip them and reduce exploration %, and still reach the boss. Hardest node shouldn't be in the middle paths where not clearing it stalls the entire map. It's bad design.

We send 3 people to node 30 and they can't take it down. This is not an issue of "get good". We have great fighters who are all just outmatched by this node and it's taking the fun out of the game mode because it makes the players in the middle paths feel like cr.ap. This is a game. It should be fun. It should not be so stressful because people can't clear an impossible node.

Comments

• hurricanthurricant Posts: 515 ★★★
    RJ03 wrote: »
    besides that bs node 30.... its ridiculous we are still in off season wasting our resources for NO REWARDS...

it's crazy especially since seasons have always existed
    Dropfaith wrote: »
    I only have 3 fights on node 30
    6 bishop no items used
    5 domino no items used (had like 8 percent t health remain)
    5 hulk (easy easy fight )
    Not seeing these issues I guess

what tier?
    xNig wrote: »
    bdawg923 wrote: »
    The difficulty increase in war makes it not fun anymore. Node 30 is near impossible to beat without heavy spending and boosts. Getting stuck on it means the group can't clear. It's not fun getting stuck on nodes that are designed to be so difficult.

Kabam says they don't want us to 100% the map. Then don't put the hardest nodes on paths that are required to be taken down to reach the boss. The old war map used to have super hard nodes on the top and far right, and skipping them meant we could still reach and kill bosses. If alliances wanted to increase exploration, they could fight the hard nodes too.

But this map is reversed and makes no sense. The hardest nodes should be unlinked and not link other nodes and should be on paths 1 and 9 so alliances could choose to skip them and reduce exploration %, and still reach the boss. Hardest node shouldn't be in the middle paths where not clearing it stalls the entire map. It's bad design.

We send 3 people to node 30 and they can't take it down. This is not an issue of "get good". We have great fighters who are all just outmatched by this node and it's taking the fun out of the game mode because it makes the players in the middle paths feel like cr.ap. This is a game. It should be fun. It should not be so stressful because people can't clear an impossible node.

First time I took node 30, spent 15/15 items but finally took it down.

Second time I took it, spent 5 items.

Third time, spent 0 items.

Seriously, it’s doable. Those in the middle just need to figure out how to handle it.

depends who is on it. i have blade and i face magik there and die only 1 time. faced medusa, and 3 people died 3 times each with full health champs. we had placed hyperion once, he died with 1 kill. we placed hulk ragnarok, he got 16 kills. this is tier 3
  • MabkaZuckMabkaZuck Posts: 80
    Too hard = not fun?
    LAME
  • Nick_Caine_32Nick_Caine_32 Posts: 587 ★★★★
    Played this game for over three years and war used to be so much fun. Less stress, and would love to see which nodes would be best with each defender. They changed the map and then it was all downhill from there. It’s really sad to see what’s been done to it. With AQ just a long monotonous outdated game mode, at least we had war to look forward to. Now we don’t care if we win or lose.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    hurricant wrote: »
    xNig wrote: »
    bdawg923 wrote: »

First time I took node 30, spent 15/15 items but finally took it down.

Second time I took it, spent 5 items.

Third time, spent 0 items.

Seriously, it’s doable. Those in the middle just need to figure out how to handle it.

depends who is on it. i have blade and i face magik there and die only 1 time. faced medusa, and 3 people died 3 times each with full health champs. we had placed hyperion once, he died with 1 kill. we placed hulk ragnarok, he got 16 kills. this is tier 3

Magik, Medusa, Medusa.
  • lozzadudelozzadude Posts: 163
    Node 27 is really tough now too. Wars are now pay to win. We're not using items as it's off season but we've lost wars to other alliances who have used a ridiculous amounts of items despite it being off season. When the season 3 starts you're just gonna have to use items to win & in some cases it will be who uses/spends the most items.
  • FlazTheDestroyerFlazTheDestroyer Posts: 25
    My alliance has decided to take it easy in war going forward. Not worth the effort in items and stress tbh, kabam really shot themselves in the foot imo with this last update to Aw.
  • VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,198 ★★★
    Dropfaith wrote: »
    I only have 3 fights on node 30
    6 bishop no items used
    5 domino no items used (had like 8 percent t health remain)
    5 hulk (easy easy fight )
    Not seeing these issues I guess

get back to us once you've fought 5/65 awakened Killmonger on 30.