**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

AW defense synergies/map changes

BumbunyonBumbunyon Posts: 42
edited July 2018 in Suggestions and Requests
I understand that simple synergies work on defense but unique synergies do not. I'm not sure if it's by design or not, but I think regardless it should be made clear to all what the deal with defense synergies is. It's always an open question because they haven't worked fully in so long, and until it's a little bit more than a forum post players are going to keep asking. As new champs come out and such players going to keep asking.

Will my domino on defense work with cable, wolverine, Deadpool xforce or they unique? etc. Always a question because unless you really follow closely in the forums you would have no idea.

I'd like to see defense synergies on instead of making drastic changes to the maps to make it harder to complete 100% (like removing diversity.) Champs that players may not ordinarily place they now would. Definitely shakes up the defense champ rankings just by turning on what's already there.

An emphasis on a "team" of defenders, rather than mixing in the biggest singular pain in the ass I can put in on defense is a big shift.

Could be as simple as little box on the node next to attacks remaining for attack bonus that just says synergies active. It's going to be obvious if you see ant man and synergies active you can expect thorns for example

Comments

• BumbunyonBumbunyon Posts: 42
    edited July 2018
    Or if there was a new character description tag that would represent whether unique synergies work in defense. In this manner you could pretty much pick and choose
  • 2StarKing2StarKing Posts: 855 ★★★
    I think anything that identifies synergies can make hidden defenders less relevant. If I see Medusa as a boss with synergy active, I know the owner of medusa has probably placed BB and or Karnak and or maybe cosmic supremacy team.
  • BumbunyonBumbunyon Posts: 42
    2StarKing wrote: »
    I think anything that identifies synergies can make hidden defenders less relevant. If I see Medusa as a boss with synergy active, I know the owner of medusa has probably placed BB and or Karnak and or maybe cosmic supremacy team.

Players pretty much already know who's more likely to be on any given node based on the class, so it's not that much of a secret. Plus, you could always remove the indicator on bosses.