**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Is there an issue with war rating?

Are there any other alliances having their war ratings dropped during matchmaking? Ours dropped from 1700++ to 1443 (tier 4 to tier 7) unexpectedly.

Comments

• Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    edited July 2018
    Are there any other alliances having their war ratings dropped during matchmaking? Ours dropped from 1700++ to 1443 (tier 4 to tier 7) unexpectedly.

Someone in your alliance violated their rules and your entire alliance has gotten penalized for it, it seems like they're really cracking down on account sharring/ pilioting/ hacking/modding and your leader should have gotten a message about it.

I've seen a ton of these today and in the past, it sucks but there is nothing you can do about it.

Except for your alliance to try to find out who's doing it and then remove them before you get penalized again since the only thing that kabam will do is say we can't tell you and we're going to close this thread goodbye.
  • Ij135Ij135 Posts: 10
    I am an alliance leader and we dropped in rating but I have no message today about any violations. We did have that happen last week though. And I have submitted a ticket and waiting on a response.
  • happen to us this morning:(
  • Nggy85Nggy85 Posts: 26
    This post is probably gonna get deleted... but yeah Kabam have "punished" alliances by docking war rating but at this point in time speaking to leaders no message have been sent to them... so every few hours on the forums someone posts a why is this happening and then Kabam delete it with a standard someone has broken ToS but they can't say who did it.
  • 1haunted_memory1haunted_memory Posts: 804 ★★★
    I wish they would just remove the person from the alliance, and message the leader with a warring. Yet on the other hand I am pleased that they are cracking down on cheaters!!!!
  • crystaldsmithcrystaldsmith Posts: 471 ★★
    It's an issue. We sent in a support ticket and Kabam notified us that this is an issue that is common and it is being reviewed. If you were docked for cheating the leader of your alliance would receive an email from Kabam and the cheating account would get banned for a minimum of two days.

It doesn't automatically mean anybody has cheated. if no accounts are banned and your leader didn't get an email you need to send in a support ticket because it's the only way that Kabam will know you're experiencing the issue too
  • Zer0bitsZer0bits Posts: 104
    @crystaldsmith it won’t be “an issue”, they will just dock the points and eventually send u a generic reply that Mods, account sharing are against TOS. I have yet to hear about Kabam actually reversing a War Rating point deduction ... ever.

If rating goes down and they didn’t ban the perpetrator, ur pretty much just stuck w whatever action they have taken and wondering who or what caused the system to flag it.
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    edited July 2018
    It does mean someone in your alliance cheated, and it likely means you got the message about it and are keeping it secret if you're a leader for whatever reason regardless of what you say or they just didn't have time to send one out.

Cheating in their book is account sharring, pilioting or actual hacking and modding or using the tool generator, that is the only way to get a war rating drop.

They won't necessarily ban the offenders right away, some may get warned others will get a temp one and others will get a permanent one.

Their support won't tell you because it's against their terms of privacy, they won't tell you anything here either except the usual and the closing of the thread.

There is no issue with the war rating, your drops are the penalty for violoationg their terms of service and means someone ( maybe more than one) in your alliance did something to break them.

There were tons of these yesterday, they are cracking down and that's all there is to it.
    Zer0bits wrote: »
    @crystaldsmith it won’t be “an issue”, they will just dock the points and eventually send u a generic reply that Mods, account sharing are against TOS. I have yet to hear about Kabam actually reversing a War Rating point deduction ... ever.

If rating goes down and they didn’t ban the perpetrator, ur pretty much just stuck w whatever action they have taken and wondering who or what caused the system to flag it.

the only reply we received is that this is a known and reported issue that they are still investigating and because it is not isolated to a small group they may not be able to reply individually.

there was absolutely nothing said about any violation of their terms and conditions in that response from Kabam. Just that it is a known issue and is being looked into.

I've seen people get banned for politing accounts, or sharing logins. No one has been banned yet so I guess we'll wait and see. IDK what else to do.
  • Ij135Ij135 Posts: 10
    I am a lead as stated in my first post. A week ago we did get knocked down for sharing, in spite of my stated wishes to my team. I received a message then.

Yesterday we were cut again with no message. I just want an answer.
    I found this on the Forum on a few old closed threads. This is apparently the message you get from Kabam when your War rating is adjusted because of cheating.ten7ufpbbeub.png
    edited July 2018
    We got this from the support ticket as we didn't receive any type of notice or communication about the drop in rating or tiers.

With as many other things that are broken, it's certainly possible this could be too
    Post edited by Kabam Lyra on
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    Generally it means someone violated the tos. I'm not sure if they always send a message or not. I would hope so but doesn't mean they do. They don't always ban people unless it's a major violation so it's hard to tell what happened. I don't think they have ever banned for account sharing but that will definitely get a war rating reduction if done in war. There might be a bug with war rating right now but if I had to guess someone broke the tos.
  • rwhackrwhack Posts: 1,051 ★★★
    It does mean someone in your alliance cheated, and it likely means you got the message about it and are keeping it secret if you're a leader for whatever reason regardless of what you say or they just didn't have time to send one out.

Cheating in their book is account sharring, pilioting or actual hacking and modding or using the tool generator, that is the only way to get a war rating drop.

They won't necessarily ban the offenders right away, some may get warned others will get a temp one and others will get a permanent one.

Their support won't tell you because it's against their terms of privacy, they won't tell you anything here either except the usual and the closing of the thread.

There is no issue with the war rating, your drops are the penalty for violoationg their terms of service and means someone ( maybe more than one) in your alliance did something to break them.

There were tons of these yesterday, they are cracking down and that's all there is to it.

No, it doesn't mean a message was sent and it was kept secret. They aren't being sent to leads consistently.
    edited July 2018
    @crystaldsmith that is a generic reply that support sends for pretty much every ticket, just so they have “responded to your ticket within 24 hrs”. It really doesn’t mean that it’s a “known issue” as it suggests.

I know it’s pretty misleading for them to do that but basically, the message that u received tells u nothing nor does it confirm any actual issue with the drop in war rating. It simply postpones the inevitable second message u will get several days later which will be another generic canned reply.
    Post edited by Kabam Lyra on
    @Zer0bits so you're saying it's absolutely not possible for Kabam to have screwed up was tiers and ratings, like they did AQ?

I think the default way of thinking to assume that every change to war rating is because of cheating is backwards considering the climate of how much Kabam has broken with the updated version 19.

Not saying that you cannot be right because it's certainly possible but I don't think everyone should be told this only happens when you cheat. Because if it is an issue by Kabam alliances are going to get ripped apart thinking there's cheaters when that doesn't really need to happen.

Time will tell I guess 🤷
    @crystaldsmith I’m certainly not saying it’s impossible for them to screw up. It’s quite plausible. However, u will never know if they did or not, u will just get the same generic reply as everyone else. Whether they did or not.
    Like I said I’ve never seen them actually restore any alliances war rating once they removed it.
    We don’t pilot or mod, we had a couple guys that traveled out of their normal area to other areas in the world for work and we got docked, that was their response to us.
    @Zer0bits I understand. If someone is piloting in our alliance I don't know who it is. I would hope that we would eventually get that email so that we would know for sure and can try to get to the bottom of it.

I do know there's a small handful of us that travel regularly for business and are often in different time zones, sometimes internationally. If that is automatically assumed as piloting then I'm always gonna be in trouble. 🤦
  • Kabam LyraKabam Lyra Posts: 2,936 ★★★

Hello,

The reduction of war rating is an action that can be taken against an alliance for violation of the terms of service related to account sharing. There's more information about this in our announcement thread. We can't speak to specific actions taken against accounts with third parties or on the forums, so we cannot provide more details for you. Your Alliance leader should expect a message in in-game mail if this is the case.
This discussion has been closed.