**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Separate the star champions in each arenas

This thread is more about 4* featured arena and 5* arena. Now that people have started to get more rank5 of 5* champions - I congrats you for your hard working earned rank 5/65 champion by the way :) - I think kabam can do this simple thing. A small thing that don’t impact anything in the game and the solution, in my own words, is great. The solution of mine is that kabam can restrict 5* champions from 4* featured arena. I know that from the start when 5* champions came out then they got introduced to 4* featured arena because where else can we use them beside questing area? This would then prevent many “Deathsquad” for players that don’t have that SOLID collection yet.

Comments

• RocapRocap Posts: 222
    roberto94 wrote: »
    This thread is more about 4* featured arena and 5* arena. Now that people have started to get more rank5 of 5* champions - I congrats you for your hard working earned rank 5/65 champion by the way :) - I think kabam can do this simple thing. A small thing that don’t impact anything in the game and the solution, in my own words, is great. The solution of mine is that kabam can restrict 5* champions from 4* featured arena. I know that from the start when 5* champions came out then they got introduced to 4* featured arena because where else can we use them beside questing area? This would then prevent many “Deathsquad” for players that don’t have that SOLID collection yet.

Idk if anything they need another basic arena for 5/6 instead of excluding anything. There is a 4/5/6 so they could theoretically just make the 4/5 a 3/4 for feature too. That would be cool.
  • roberto94roberto94 Posts: 779 ★★
    No no. It remain the same as it is, only difference is restrict the 5* champs collection from 4* featured arena as there is now a 5* arena for that. Then restrict 4* collection from 5* arena to make it more challenging for those that have a large collection of 5* champs. Plus the cutoff as I can imagine would be more “yeah that numbers seems to be right, fair and balanced, not ridiculous 50million+”
  • AddyosAddyos Posts: 1,090 ★★★★
    edited July 2018
    If you don't have that solid collection to do the 4* featured arena yet, then either you're not ready to do it or you don't know how to maximize your roster. The 4* featured arena has been around for quite a while and I can't see Kabam making any of the changes you've suggested (restricting the 5* arena to only 5*s is one of the more outlandish ones I've heard recently).

I suggest though that you try to adapt to avoid the death matches instead of you think your roster isn't 'solid'. When the 4* featured arena was first introduced I could barely get the infinite streak going. Through trial and error I found that sandbagging worked for the harder fights i.e.
    - Any 4*s or 5*s for rounds 1-9,
    - Any 2 4*s or 5*s with a r1/1 4* in rounds 10-15 (the sandbagging fights).
    - 3 r4/40 4*s or higher in rounds 15-20, and then,
    - 3 r3/30 4*s or higher from round 21 afterwards.

I'd suggest sticking to using high PI r3/30 4* champs after round 21 though, since the death matches are appearing far more frequently when using lower rated champs now.

Assuming you have a fair amount of r1/1 4*s to sandbag, you should be able to get a good streak going in the arena without having a 'solid' roster. This is what I did for many months until I obtained enough 5/50 4*s and 4/55 5*s to avoid having to sandbag again. So please don't ever suggest the ludicrous idea of restricting 5*s to just the 5* arenas, and vice versa with the 4*s again lol.
    Addyos wrote: »
    If you don't have that solid collection to do the 4* featured arena yet, then either you're not ready to do it or you don't know how to maximize your roster.

quote]

Somehow it felt that you’re gunning against me for nothing. Recently I used a 4* 4/40x3 and deathsquad was there out of nowhere so yes I do think the idea can be good. saying that the idea is “ludicrous” isn’t ok as it can be discussed in a manner way.

I do have a solid rooster of 2,5years playing. I only suggested it would perhaps be better if it was restricted as 5* arena is out now in addition of cutoff could be lower because of the idea as well time saving.

Who knows if kabam would like the idea as we don’t even really know how they’re thinking anyway.
  • Deadly2016Deadly2016 Posts: 75
    there is a reason the arenas are the way they are.
    you can grind the 3* with your 2* to get 3* champs, you can use the 3/4* to get the basic. then, when your roster is getting bigger, you can take your 4/5* to get the featured and thankfully you can use 4/5/6* for the 5* arenas. there is consistent growth possible for anyone to get champs according to his current state of developement.

if you couldnt use the 4* in the 5* arena the players with less developed rosters cant compete, im not saying they have a chance for top 150 but they can get rankrewards, taking out the 4* will however lower the growing players from any significant pointgrinding. that arena is lacking participation anyway, even tho you get better rewards there for lower ranks then in the others for a high one.
    taking out the 4* would drop that even more resulting in higher cutoffs for the rankrewards because allot of players couldnt reach the rankbarrier anymore or wouldnt bother to try.

on the other hand, if you take out the 5* from the featured 4* that wont help you at all, the grinders do have a way bigger roster so you wont see a big pointdrop. allot of the grinders do use the 5* in the 5* arena anyway, but you limit the growing players again. now they finally have a few 5*, to few to do much in the 5* arena but enough to help them to go for the 4* featured. with 4* only limited to 4* arenas people like me with 110ish 4* champs we couldnt use anywhere else would ruin the day of any new player in there, while right now we use allot of the r4/5 4* for the 5* arena.
    Now that’s an perspective I did not think of at first. Surely must have forgotten how I started but this thread isn’t about me, this is about a solution for death squad showing up out of nowhere in higher infinite streak in 4* featured arena. For example at my infinite streak 127 in YellowJacket arena with using 3x of 4* 4/40 triggered a deathsquad when supposedly shouldn’t trigger at all. This then made me wonder if the idea of mine could or maybe can if kabam would like it to happen to solve it. Of course there should be another way for solution instead “well, rank them up more!”
  • AddyosAddyos Posts: 1,090 ★★★★
    roberto94 wrote: »
    Addyos wrote: »
    If you don't have that solid collection to do the 4* featured arena yet, then either you're not ready to do it or you don't know how to maximize your roster.

quote]

Somehow it felt that you’re gunning against me for nothing. Recently I used a 4* 4/40x3 and deathsquad was there out of nowhere so yes I do think the idea can be good. saying that the idea is “ludicrous” isn’t ok as it can be discussed in a manner way.

I do have a solid rooster of 2,5years playing. I only suggested it would perhaps be better if it was restricted as 5* arena is out now in addition of cutoff could be lower because of the idea as well time saving.

Who knows if kabam would like the idea as we don’t even really know how they’re thinking anyway.

Deadly explained it perfectly why your idea was ludicrous to begin with, so I won't continue there. But if your main grouse was getting death matches more often than not, then as an owner of a 2.5 year old account you know what you have to do. It's sucks that the minimum PI required has increased, but you have to adapt now. Combine your higher rated PI champs with your lower rated PI champs in your arena teams e.g. 1 r2/35 5* and 2 r1/25 5*.

In other words and as you previously said, "Rank them Up More!" Lol.
  • Deadly2016Deadly2016 Posts: 75
    never had 3xr4 4* trigger a deathsquad in the 4* featured before. on the other hand, as long as i can bait the special (so after match 20) there is no real deathsquad for me. sure imiw, ms, and magik r5 5* isnt that nice but you can get 2/3 wins with r4 4*.
    but wherever those deathsquads appear, the fact is they appear for everyone the same (maybe my r4 are just higher prestige combined) so you have an equal playing field. if everyone gets a squad at the same point it comes down to skill if you can beat it, or effort to rank up champs. both things i prefer over buying your way throu.
    Well they seem to act all or nothing mode.