**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

war is not fun anymore

Comments

• Nick_Caine_32Nick_Caine_32 Posts: 587 ★★★★
    I hate the fact Kabam doesn't intend for us to 100%. Like if no 100%, whats our goal? To go as far as possible? But then when do we call it quits on a map? Why use items if we are unintended to 100% anyways? Whats even the point of a Boss? To be our goal? But Kabam doesn't intend for that to be our goal, so why bother?

You're absolutely right, and the answer to you question would be - Kabam didn't think it through. One moderator said it in a flippant comment and it's cascaded down through so many groups since. Our group is no where near the top of the leaderboard in war anyway, but we were working on bulking up. Once I saw this, we basically said "nah, we're good, it's clear this is just a cash grab and nothing more now, and that confirmed it." Either way you take that statement is truly terrible - and once again the implications of a comment or decision Kabam made has unintended and illogical thought, with negative consequences. The game is designed for every other aspect to complete 100%. War has always been about this too. NOW suddenly it's changed, and you are just supposed to know when to stop now? Makes perfect sense in Kabam logic. but not in human logic. And if that truly is the goal for them it's completely unsustainable and won't last. They'll just throw more wrenches into everything, like it's been happening for the last year since they changed war anyway.

• JosmanxJosmanx Posts: 70
    This node should be change, Masochism and Cornered must be removed from the node
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,008 ★★★★
    Yeah can’t agree more with op. if they don’t want us all 100% everytime, shift the tough nodes to places that don’t block the whole map, the difference between running path 1 and path 6 is ridiculous now, placing too much pressure on the one guy who has to run that path, I usually take path 6 but now when its medusa no one in my group has a decent counter ranked r4/r5
  • IronFist34IronFist34 Posts: 386 ★★
    Just saw the new map. WTF is this ugly, congested garbage? Seriously, Kabam??? Why fix was freaking works?
  • skullduggery72skullduggery72 Posts: 224 ★★
    Is this only for tiers 1-5 ?
  • hurricanthurricant Posts: 515 ★★★
    xNig wrote: »
    All the skill and experience gods around here that keep telling us how easy it is... video or it didn't happen

https://youtu.be/Rc7yWc4-8Bg

Today's war.

I mentioned hyperion was easy on that node. Fight medusa 5/65 with sig 100 and make a new video.
  • New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,562 ★★★★
    I hate the fact Kabam doesn't intend for us to 100%. Like if no 100%, whats our goal? To go as far as possible? But then when do we call it quits on a map? Why use items if we are unintended to 100% anyways? Whats even the point of a Boss? To be our goal? But Kabam doesn't intend for that to be our goal, so why bother?

Basically they want us to spend units on heals and to not get the more shards with the completion bonus We need to pay to get it

• BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    Honestly I have no idea what they were thinking when they made node 30
  • GreywardenGreywarden Posts: 843 ★★★★
    I started a thread about us coming together as a community to share ideas and videos on how to beat these new nodes as opposed to complain but that got zero traction.

I will reiterate the point though, complaining will get us nowhere and other than quitting (which let's be honest, a lot of us won't do) the best option would be to work together on how to deal with specific champs on specific nodes.
  • CoachLedCoachLed Posts: 355 ★★
    bdawg923 wrote: »
    The difficulty increase in war makes it not fun anymore. Node 30 is near impossible to beat without heavy spending and boosts. Getting stuck on it means the group can't clear. It's not fun getting stuck on nodes that are designed to be so difficult.

Kabam says they don't want us to 100% the map. Then don't put the hardest nodes on paths that are required to be taken down to reach the boss. The old war map used to have super hard nodes on the top and far right, and skipping them meant we could still reach and kill bosses. If alliances wanted to increase exploration, they could fight the hard nodes too.

But this map is reversed and makes no sense. The hardest nodes should be unlinked and not link other nodes and should be on paths 1 and 9 so alliances could choose to skip them and reduce exploration %, and still reach the boss. Hardest node shouldn't be in the middle paths where not clearing it stalls the entire map. It's bad design.

We send 3 people to node 30 and they can't take it down. This is not an issue of "get good". We have great fighters who are all just outmatched by this node and it's taking the fun out of the game mode because it makes the players in the middle paths feel like cr.ap. This is a game. It should be fun. It should not be so stressful because people can't clear an impossible node.

First time I took node 30, spent 15/15 items but finally took it down.

Second time I took it, spent 5 items.

Third time, spent 0 items.

Seriously, it’s doable. Those in the middle just need to figure out how to handle it.

I’d love to know who you fought and who you fought them with.
  • CoachLedCoachLed Posts: 355 ★★
    Voluntaris wrote: »
    Dropfaith wrote: »
    I only have 3 fights on node 30
    6 bishop no items used
    5 domino no items used (had like 8 percent t health remain)
    5 hulk (easy easy fight )
    Not seeing these issues I guess

get back to us once you've fought 5/65 awakened Killmonger on 30.

Or a 5/65 Medusa. Which I’ve had twice. Not a chance lol
  • Gregdagr8Gregdagr8 Posts: 380 ★★★
    @xNig nice fight. Unfortunately not everyone has the luxury of a 5/65 Magik with boosts and Mystic Dispersion. But yes Magik can handle Hype and Magik on that node. Medusa is a pain on node 30, I would guess use Killmonger or just play your brains out and keep dying and using items. @Voluntaris NO IDEA who to use vs Killmonger on node 30, maybe Blade with villain synergy? Or like Medusa, play your brains out and keep dying and using items. The point is in the higher tiered wars, the node is too difficult. Unless you have an insane roster, and have the perfect counter to every champ, it's just not fun. I definitely think the node needs to be tuned down a bit.
  • Ij135Ij135 Posts: 10
    Personally I’ve never really enjoyed war but find it a necessary evil of alliance life. My team doesn’t sweat wins and losses and we all like that better. It’s not the way for everyone. The point of this whole stupid phone game is fun. Play it your way and have fun. Have fun/kill sh!t is what I always Tell my team.
  • VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,198 ★★★
    Claiming the best route to design Alliance War is to keep alliances from 100%'ing the map .. makes as much sense as "30 minute AQ energy timers over 1 hours timers as being a detriment to players".
  • synergy247synergy247 Posts: 306
    All the skill and experience gods around here that keep telling us how easy it is... video or it didn't happen

Today's war.

Hmm. Couldn’t help but notice you’d taken 3 5* either rank 5 or 4 duped champs on that path. Lost Void and almost lost Iceman before even getting to node 30. And for a 700k player that should indicate how insane it is. As someone said above not everyone has that luxury of 5/65 Magik et al champs to bring with what MD4? And still that node was only easier due to it being Hyp.

Trying to turn war into a place for end game content (read: spendfest) which is what it seems like they’re trying to do is fundamentally flawed. And having nodes that are not CURRENTLY available anywhere else in the contest to practice on (regardless of whether they’ve been in one dungeon MONTHS ago) is just a recipe for unmitigated disaster.

The design of the map is a pyramid at top or like a mountain. Human nature is to scale any mountain just like Everest because it is there. May as well chop off the top (no boss) and call it a Cornetto...
  • VimesVonlipVimesVonlip Posts: 177 ★★
    The difficulty increase in war makes it not fun anymore. Node 30 is near impossible to beat without heavy spending and boosts. Getting stuck on it means the group can't clear. It's not fun getting stuck on nodes that are designed to be so difficult.

Kabam says they don't want us to 100% the map. Then don't put the hardest nodes on paths that are required to be taken down to reach the boss. The old war map used to have super hard nodes on the top and far right, and skipping them meant we could still reach and kill bosses. If alliances wanted to increase exploration, they could fight the hard nodes too.

But this map is reversed and makes no sense. The hardest nodes should be unlinked and not link other nodes and should be on paths 1 and 9 so alliances could choose to skip them and reduce exploration %, and still reach the boss. Hardest node shouldn't be in the middle paths where not clearing it stalls the entire map. It's bad design.

We send 3 people to node 30 and they can't take it down. This is not an issue of "get good". We have great fighters who are all just outmatched by this node and it's taking the fun out of the game mode because it makes the players in the middle paths feel like cr.ap. This is a game. It should be fun. It should not be so stressful because people can't clear an impossible node.

Seriously, it’s doable. Those in the middle just need to figure out how to handle it.

Curious which champ you used?
  • LoPrestiLoPresti Posts: 1,035 ★★★
    RJ03 wrote: »
    besides that bs node 30.... its ridiculous we are still in off season wasting our resources for NO REWARDS...

Then don't start war lol. Or do 1 BG for people that want it, but agree to not spend items.
  • DukeZmanDukeZman Posts: 604 ★★★
    I agree with the sentiment here. Every node is a lot of "YMMV". It depends on who's placed there and who is in your roster to counter said defender.
    But I do agree. No node should be harder than the boss node. And if Kabam is going to go that route, then it should be on an unnecessary path so it only has to be taken down for exploration.
    This reminds me of the Sentinels when they were first added to AQ before they were nerfed a bit. They were harder than the minibosses and harder than Dorm. Dorm I could solo. Sentinels not so much (though I'm not sure that would be the case now since I've got used to them a bit). But still the final boss should be the biggest challenge not a miniboss or other node along the way.
    I hope Kabam makes this right
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    Gregdagr8 wrote: »
    @xNig nice fight. Unfortunately not everyone has the luxury of a 5/65 Magik with boosts and Mystic Dispersion. But yes Magik can handle Hype and Magik on that node. Medusa is a pain on node 30, I would guess use Killmonger or just play your brains out and keep dying and using items. @Voluntaris NO IDEA who to use vs Killmonger on node 30, maybe Blade with villain synergy? Or like Medusa, play your brains out and keep dying and using items. The point is in the higher tiered wars, the node is too difficult. Unless you have an insane roster, and have the perfect counter to every champ, it's just not fun. I definitely think the node needs to be tuned down a bit.

Magik was unboosted. I don’t use boosts for war lol.

Medusa? I’ll post one if I get a Medusa on that node then. Soloed one 2 wars back.
    edited July 2018
    synergy247 wrote: »

Today's war.

Hmm. Couldn’t help but notice you’d taken 3 5* either rank 5 or 4 duped champs on that path. Lost Void and almost lost Iceman before even getting to node 30. And for a 700k player that should indicate how insane it is. As someone said above not everyone has that luxury of 5/65 Magik et al champs to bring with what MD4? And still that node was only easier due to it being Hyp.

Trying to turn war into a place for end game content (read: spendfest) which is what it seems like they’re trying to do is fundamentally flawed. And having nodes that are not CURRENTLY available anywhere else in the contest to practice on (regardless of whether they’ve been in one dungeon MONTHS ago) is just a recipe for unmitigated disaster.

The design of the map is a pyramid at top or like a mountain. Human nature is to scale any mountain just like Everest because it is there. May as well chop off the top (no boss) and call it a Cornetto...

Lost my R4 Void to a R4 Morningstar on 24. This pissed me off enough to R5 him today when Science Advancement was on. Almost lost Iceman to Wasp on 18 with Stun immune and Bane cause I’ve never fought her before. That shock + bane, interesting.

Like I said, people just need to adjust instead of whining about changes. I used to bring Blade GR Magik for path 9. After the new nodes, my BG (and ally) did some reassignments of paths to figure out who best to handle the new minis.

Anyway, easy with a Hyperion on node 30? Lol. Check out how many posts there are about people complaining about Hyp on it.

Curious which champ you used?

Opponents were Magik Medusa Medusa.

Blade, Starlord, Magik respectively.
  • DarthPhalDarthPhal Posts: 1,064 ★★★★

Today's war.

Lost my R4 Void to a R4 Morningstar on 24. This pissed me off enough to R5 him today when Science Advancement was on. Almost lost Iceman to Wasp on 18 with Stun immune and Bane cause I’ve never fought her before.

Like I said, people just need to adjust instead of whining about changes. I used to bring Blade GR Magik for path 9. After the new nodes, my BG (and ally) did some reassignments of paths to figure out who best to handle the new minis.

Anyway, easy with a Hyperion on node 30? Lol. Check out how many posts there are about people complaining about Hyp on it.

Yeah if everybody adjusted and brought their 5/65 Magik to node 30 it would be easy peasy. I wonder why everyone doesn’t just do that. 🤔
    edited July 2018
    DarthPhal wrote: »

Today's war.

Lost my R4 Void to a R4 Morningstar on 24. This pissed me off enough to R5 him today when Science Advancement was on. Almost lost Iceman to Wasp on 18 with Stun immune and Bane cause I’ve never fought her before.

Yeah if everybody adjusted and brought their 5/65 Magik to node 30 it would be easy peasy. I wonder why everyone doesn’t just do that. 🤔

Cause everyone was just chasing the meta and ranking their Blades. Lol.

My ally mates clear that node with Spark, SL etc.
  • AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    edited July 2018

Today's war.

Lost my R4 Void to a R4 Morningstar on 24. This pissed me off enough to R5 him today when Science Advancement was on. Almost lost Iceman to Wasp on 18 with Stun immune and Bane cause I’ve never fought her before. That shock + bane, interesting.

Easier with Hype on 30 when you bring a strong Magik for it, because, well, that's how it should go for choosing attackers. I agree most need to not auto-join and move on their usual paths in middle, and take a look at who is on the subs, and then make arrangements to swap lanes with someone who has the right champ for the job. But it might take a while to figure out the best counters for certain champs there, and it kinda sucks to only be able to practice that fight in a live war, ha.
    I do dislike the node, and feel it has one too many buffs on it. And I also dislike starting a fight vs Magik there and she starts with a Furied Limbo going due to Power Start 1, heh. No one in my BG (or alliance, actually), has a strong Gulk for that situation. The new nodes have certainly shifted my ranking priorities from just defenders to having a wider variety of potential attackers.
    Also, that Wasp you fought, was she a pain who just refused to do her heavies?
  • UltimatheoryUltimatheory Posts: 520 ★★★
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEqaPq36Xs4&t=24s

This is how I fight Medusa this node. Had a 5* 5/65 Medusa on the node today and it makes it much easier if you know how to play without having to rely on parry. I will say though I have 5/65 Magik and know how to use her. A high level Morningstar with 3+ souls would take her down even faster. A high level Void can take nearly any champ placed on this node.

I will agree however that it requires a high skill cap and a very advanced roster that's typically not found outside of Tiers 1-2. I'm surprised they extended the minis as many tiers down as far as they did.
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,045 ★★★★★
    looks like it's an issue only for higher tiers. I haven't used an item in AW for couple of months at least now, and I'd love to have some difficult nodes, now war is too simple for me. PLEASE KABAM, MAKE WAR HARDER FOR LOWER TIERS, IT'S BORING DOWN HEAR. remember you have it to in your defence, so it's pretty fair.
    also I am in a pretty relaxed and chill ali, so no big drama if somebody dies in war or skips AQ. so basically what you need is either to find an ali with less requirements (but then have less rewards), or accept the fact war can be hard. it's supposed to be a challenge, you know, right?
    edited July 2018
    Amonthir wrote: »

Today's war.

Easier with Hype on 30 when you bring a strong Magik for it, because, well, that's how it should go for choosing attackers. I agree most need to not auto-join and move on their usual paths in middle, and take a look at who is on the subs, and then make arrangements to swap lanes with someone who has the right champ for the job. But it might take a while to figure out the best counters for certain champs there, and it kinda sucks to only be able to practice that fight in a live war, ha.
    I do dislike the node, and feel it has one too many buffs on it. And I also dislike starting a fight vs Magik there and she starts with a Furied Limbo going due to Power Start 1, heh. No one in my BG (or alliance, actually), has a strong Gulk for that situation. The new nodes have certainly shifted my ranking priorities from just defenders to having a wider variety of potential attackers.
    Also, that Wasp you fought, was she a pain who just refused to do her heavies?

Yes and she evaded me despite cold snap being on. Weird. Maybe I just missed my cold snap timings but will test it out when she becomes more popular on defense.

And yes, a wider range of attackers is usually better but defenders shouldn’t be neglected as well. I run a full 5* r4 and 6* defender team and have quite a few champs to use on attack as well.

Anyway, I ranked Magik instead of Blade because I knew I could use her in way more scenarios than I could use Blade. Blade was just flavor of the day and everyone knew he was OP for the 6-8 months he was introduced for the state of war at that point of time. A simple cornered node will wreck him unless someone is very skilled in using him.

True enough that you can’t practise on that node without being in war. But no one said it was easy or cheap to get good and learn how the node works and ways to counter it.