**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Where these changes ever mentioned in patch notes?

The intention of this post is to increase the transparency from the developers, get some clarification about changes to enemy fight mechanics and perhaps for future patch notes to include more detailed information. Or for official confirmation about if some of the mentioned mechanics mentioned below are bugs or unintentional.

I remember that when parry was introduced, there was concern among the player base that the enemy would be able to parry all the time because of how the ai can act instantly. It was stated that the chance of enemies parrying would be really small and shouldnt matter at all, because of the small window of opportunity it required as to the timing of the blocks. Okay, at least we got solid information regarding that matter, and it gave us just as much of a benefit as the enemy if not more.

When they wanted to introduce the changes in 12.0 regarding crit reduction and similar, it was generally stated it was to keep the contest from getting too hard when they wanted to introduce new end content and new champions. At least they reverted most of those changes, except for diminishing returns, which is fine with me as some heroes were already getting to be extremely strong compared to others and it would have meant an even bigger gap when they release new higher star heroes and such.

At some point the enemy fight mechanics was changed so that they could basically charge up a heavy from the opposite side of the screen, and if you didnt move, it would home in on you and connect. Something that isnt possible for the player. I never saw a post or patch note regarding that change. I did see several Kabam posts explaining that the reason was that it would look silly if the enemy wasnt able to do it. I'm sorry, come out clean instead of those explanations, it looks just as silly when we do it, but does that mean that we can home in like that? No. Just give us the real reasons and the right explanations and i'm sure that most of us would actually accept it and if not at least respect you guys for being honest with us.

Sometime around last year i noticed that some enemies was suddenly able to continue doing their combo and finish them even though i had dashed back and evaded the first or second hit their next hit would home in on me and connect. It was especially apparent in when you fought Dr. Voodoo in AQ, Magic or Karnak. It was like their reach had been increased like in the same way that the enemy could strike you with a heavy from the other side of the screen. I never saw a thing about that change in the patch notes either. Maybe i missed them but it made me a bit concerned since it made the fights not impossible but quite a lot harder than they used to be.

The last thing i've noticed was with the 18.0 patch and fights on the hardest difficulty of the events. Enemies were now able to dash back instantly after you had finished a 5-hit combo on them, as if the normal period of time where they couldnt react had been completely removed. Now, that isnt a total game breaker, but it did look weird and it made some fights a lot harder than they used to be. For instance, fighting Modok on a boss node in AW usually meant that if his shield block activated on the first or second hit in my combo, i always end my 5-hit combo without him being able to move and sometimes the last hit would connect because his shield timed out. Now, he just moves in the middle of my combo and dashes back. I didnt see anything mentioned in patch notes about this change and its irritating me, because its a change in difficulty as are all the above mentioned changes. Its not the change in itself, i can live with some increased difficulty if there is some logical explanation and official mention of them.

Comments

• ShadPrinceShadPrince Posts: 842 ★★★
    Well, I mean, a couple of these things can be done

For example, sometimes the heavy does slide towards the opponent a little while I'm using it, but not as drastic as you make it sound

Also, it's possible to evade out of a combo when you're blocking it, and even parry in the middle of it, so thank God the AI can't do that at least
  • DL864DL864 Posts: 1,089 ★★★
    I have not seen an announcement about this but correct me if I’m wrong. I didn’t think any champs had block penetration. But I definitely think the ai has it in act 5 and in the uncollected quest. The block damage is extremely high even on parry blocks. Now I’m not complaining about the quest. I’ll finish uncollected a 100% and working on exploration in act. I’m just making and observation. Also there is a node in the last quest in uncollected that states something about block penetration. But anyways I definitely think there are small tweaks made to the ai every so often and I think there should be it keeps thing from becoming stagnant. I definitely don’t think they should tell us every time they change the ai what’s the fun in that.
  • I guess there's not a lot of other people sharing my opinions about this.
  • koening73koening73 Posts: 22
    I play for a year , more seriously since february, and biggest change in mechanics without announcement , was right after Thanos EQ was introduced .
    Block , parry and evade were just screwed
  • It would be nice with some information regarding this matter. Kabam?
  • csexton00csexton00 Posts: 131
    I have noticed this too. The AI can do so much more than us. I have had a lot of trouble chaining from a combo into a special and cost me lots of potions. They also seem to recover so much faster than us.
  • Noob2435Noob2435 Posts: 627 ★★★
    I been missing blocks like no tomorrow
  • daveyj_196_daveyj_196_ Posts: 437
    Ive had these problems. Also my champ standing still when i use a heavy attack and nothing happens. My other issue is how more and more of my champs are sitting ducks after using a special.. Hyperion and Rogue being two of them..... But then, i always expect underhanded tweaks taking place. I've become very apathetic about it all. Pretty sad on my behalf i would say.
  • winniewinwinwinniewinwin Posts: 178
    I have consistently run into all of the issues mentioned and then some. Just yesterday in AQ, YJ slid toward me.....as in I evaded backward from the corner, and he did a heavy that slid far enough to catch me at the end of dexterity reach and heavy me. I couldn't help but laugh. It was so blatantly stupid it was funny. Also, AI has been able to break blocks more often, and Chase us down as we attempt to evade. But, all these cheap antics aside, there is no way in the world they can even think about these things right now. This game.....I have never seen such a sad state of affairs. Support is a robot who could care less. We can't stay logged in for more than an hour without a crash. Peoples phones overheating!?!? Really? There is so much wrong with the game right now, I don't even know where to start. Oh, actually, I could start with the fact that the "compensation" was a joke, and that transparency will never exist in this game. To be completely honest, for the first time, I am concerned about the longevity of the game. It cannot go on at this rate
  • I'd still like some official comment on my observations in the first post in this thread. Kabam?
  • LysiszeroLysiszero Posts: 296
    There has been so many silent nerfs that kabam seems to forget to add to there change logs. With the current state of the GAME and lack of any official fixes for anything I personally think they are just trying to end the game to move to something else other than announce that the game is coming to an end so they don't have to deal with countless refund posts.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,645 ★★★★★
    I guess there's not a lot of other people sharing my opinions about this.

The problem is that cheap AI mechanics are part of the game and there is nothing we can do about it.
  • 3ul3r23ul3r2 Posts: 56
    There is simply no way you will get any explanation. None.
  • So much for this company pledging to be more transparent.