**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

war is not fun anymore

Comments

• xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEqaPq36Xs4&t=24s

This is how I fight Medusa this node. Had a 5* 5/65 Medusa on the node today and it makes it much easier if you know how to play without having to rely on parry. I will say though I have 5/65 Magik and know how to use her. A high level Morningstar with 3+ souls would take her down even faster. A high level Void can take nearly any champ placed on this node.

I will agree however that it requires a high skill cap and a very advanced roster that's typically not found outside of Tiers 1-2. I'm surprised they extended the minis as many tiers down as far as they did.

For a Void to take that node down, the player needs to be very conscientious of the masochism cooldown. Hence, a certain degree of skill is also required.
  • Gregdagr8Gregdagr8 Posts: 380 ★★★
    It's been said on the forums 10 million times. Do you want to make war as fair as possible? Ban all revives, potions, and boosts, make the nodes as easy or difficult as you want. Go at it and see who's better. Make every node a boss fight, that's fine. Go at it 30 on 30 and see who can clear more of the map. I don't see why this can't happen. I'm t3 ally, we've lost 13 members since season one. People who've been in the ally for 2+ years. They do one season of war, "that's it guys, no fun anymore, I'm out". Just sad.
    Gregdagr8 wrote: »
    It's been said on the forums 10 million times. Do you want to make war as fair as possible? Ban all revives, potions, and boosts, make the nodes as easy or difficult as you want. Go at it and see who's better. Make every node a boss fight, that's fine. Go at it 30 on 30 and see who can clear more of the map. I don't see why this can't happen. I'm t3 ally, we've lost 13 members since season one. People who've been in the ally for 2+ years. They do one season of war, "that's it guys, no fun anymore, I'm out". Just sad.

Then you won’t get a game anymore. End of the day, the bottomline for Kabam is making money. They’re not doing charity.
  • hurricanthurricant Posts: 515 ★★★
    Lot of comments about "bring 5/65 magik". Not everyone has 5/65 magik. this is a case of if you dont have the champ, then you can't kill the node.
    hurricant wrote: »
    Lot of comments about "bring 5/65 magik". Not everyone has 5/65 magik. this is a case of if you dont have the champ, then you can't kill the node.

I used a R5 Magik and took a r5 Medusa down on 30 in 2 minutes. 3 minutes is more than enough for a R4 Magik, doesn’t even need to be duped. Took 2 minutes to take down that node with a R4 SL too.

Like I mentioned to my ally mates before, it’s not a case of “who” but a case of “how”.
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,872 ★★★★★
    Dropfaith wrote: »
    I only have 3 fights on node 30
    6 bishop no items used
    5 domino no items used (had like 8 percent t health remain)
    5 hulk (easy easy fight )
    Not seeing these issues I guess

You never see the issues, or you do, but just deny them to be different
  • AcanthusAcanthus Posts: 447 ★★★
    edited July 2018

Spark, MS, Mephisto, Domino, Corvus, Void, Quake, Hood. I'm sure someone in your BG will have one
  • AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    xNig wrote: »
    Amonthir wrote: »
    synergy247 wrote: »
    All the skill and experience gods around here that keep telling us how easy it is... video or it didn't happen

https://youtu.be/Rc7yWc4-8Bg

Today's war.

Hmm. Couldn’t help but notice you’d taken 3 5* either rank 5 or 4 duped champs on that path. Lost Void and almost lost Iceman before even getting to node 30. And for a 700k player that should indicate how insane it is. As someone said above not everyone has that luxury of 5/65 Magik et al champs to bring with what MD4? And still that node was only easier due to it being Hyp.

Trying to turn war into a place for end game content (read: spendfest) which is what it seems like they’re trying to do is fundamentally flawed. And having nodes that are not CURRENTLY available anywhere else in the contest to practice on (regardless of whether they’ve been in one dungeon MONTHS ago) is just a recipe for unmitigated disaster.

The design of the map is a pyramid at top or like a mountain. Human nature is to scale any mountain just like Everest because it is there. May as well chop off the top (no boss) and call it a Cornetto...

Lost my R4 Void to a R4 Morningstar on 24. This pissed me off enough to R5 him today when Science Advancement was on. Almost lost Iceman to Wasp on 18 with Stun immune and Bane cause I’ve never fought her before. That shock + bane, interesting.

Like I said, people just need to adjust instead of whining about changes. I used to bring Blade GR Magik for path 9. After the new nodes, my BG (and ally) did some reassignments of paths to figure out who best to handle the new minis.

Anyway, easy with a Hyperion on node 30? Lol. Check out how many posts there are about people complaining about Hyp on it.

Easier with Hype on 30 when you bring a strong Magik for it, because, well, that's how it should go for choosing attackers. I agree most need to not auto-join and move on their usual paths in middle, and take a look at who is on the subs, and then make arrangements to swap lanes with someone who has the right champ for the job. But it might take a while to figure out the best counters for certain champs there, and it kinda sucks to only be able to practice that fight in a live war, ha.
    I do dislike the node, and feel it has one too many buffs on it. And I also dislike starting a fight vs Magik there and she starts with a Furied Limbo going due to Power Start 1, heh. No one in my BG (or alliance, actually), has a strong Gulk for that situation. The new nodes have certainly shifted my ranking priorities from just defenders to having a wider variety of potential attackers.
    Also, that Wasp you fought, was she a pain who just refused to do her heavies?

Yes and she evaded me despite cold snap being on. Weird. Maybe I just missed my cold snap timings but will test it out when she becomes more popular on defense.

And yes, a wider range of attackers is usually better but defenders shouldn’t be neglected as well. I run a full 5* r4 and 6* defender team and have quite a few champs to use on attack as well.

Anyway, I ranked Magik instead of Blade because I knew I could use her in way more scenarios than I could use Blade. Blade was just flavor of the day and everyone knew he was OP for the 6-8 months he was introduced for the state of war at that point of time. A simple cornered node will wreck him unless someone is very skilled in using him.

True enough that you can’t practise on that node without being in war. But no one said it was easy or cheap to get good and learn how the node works and ways to counter it.

She is unaffected by Coldsnap because her evade ability first purifies, then it evades, it was in the spotlight somewhere. But the one I faced (also with Ice) was the same way, just did not want to use her heavy, or her specials, denying me the ability to fight her without chance of evade. Also my first time fighting her, lol. Woulda been nice for them to do a demo quest with her like they did with... wow... SMMM? A long-arse time ago.
    My defenders are not all r4 5*, or 6*, due to not really pulling good defenders in either category, thanks RNG, so boosting attackers is my best bet atm. Unfortunately, good power control 5* elude me.
  • HeartlessHeartless Posts: 298 ★★
    It is the offseason guys, don't waste items. save for seasons and practice on your game in off season. I do agree though node 30 is a pain, I know great skilled players who have trouble with that node.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    It all depends what you define as fun. If the only thing you call fun is winning without a chalkenge, then it would seem not fun. However, the higher Tier Maps are meant to be more challenging. That's the point of the new Nodes. It's not supposed to be breezy, and the goal was to make it rare to complete the Map. What we had previously was a situation where a good number of Allies were completing the Map, and Diversity was determining the Win. It was also too easy because we had a large number of Allies in the upper Tiers. I suppose if it's less easy to finish, that would seem not fun. It's supposed to be hard.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    It all depends what you define as fun. If the only thing you call fun is winning without a chalkenge, then it would seem not fun. However, the higher Tier Maps are meant to be more challenging. That's the point of the new Nodes. It's not supposed to be breezy, and the goal was to make it rare to complete the Map. What we had previously was a situation where a good number of Allies were completing the Map, and Diversity was determining the Win. It was also too easy because we had a large number of Allies in the upper Tiers. I suppose if it's less easy to finish, that would seem not fun. It's supposed to be hard.
    And there was me thinking games were supposed to be fun.

Fun and challenging are not mutually exclusive. Kabam just didn’t find a combination of the two for the new AW nodes.

Fun and challenging are not mutually exclusive. Kabam just didn’t find a combination of the two for the new AW nodes.

People are not going to find it fun to lose no matter what Nodes you put up. It's part of increasing the challenge level. There's no point in even having Tiers if they don't get harder as you go up.
  • RixobRixob Posts: 505 ★★
    All the skill and experience gods around here that keep telling us how easy it is... video or it didn't happen

i have two videos. tier 4 though war rating 2000
  • RixobRixob Posts: 505 ★★
    Honestly the node is very hard. It depends on who the opponent is though. If it is an Ultron or someone like that then just fight like they are stun immune, and dont apply debuffs and youre good.

People are not going to find it fun to lose no matter what Nodes you put up.

Sorry can I have a source for that sweeping statement there. The point isn’t that people don’t like losing, it’s that the nodes are so ridiculous it’s easy to lose.

Sorry can I have a source for that sweeping statement there. The point isn’t that people don’t like losing, it’s that the nodes are so ridiculous it’s easy to lose.

That's the point. Some people will lose. How do you make it harder without making it harder?

That's the point. Some people will lose. How do you make it harder without making it harder?

You are missing my point so incredibly badly. I’m not saying don’t make it harder, although I don’t think it should have been, if kabam are so set on making it harder then do so in a manner that isn’t just such a roadblock. These nodes are silly.

Make it harder, without making it silly. You’re just being obstinate.
    Another one that needs to go on my Ignore. I've had enough of jumping in to take jabs.
    Another one that needs to go on my Ignore. I've had enough of jumping in to take jabs.

Learn the difference between taking jabs and asking for evidence of experience. You must find applying for jobs rather difficult.

First of all, I know the difference between asking someone about their experience, and calling people out about where they are at in the game. There are actually rules about shaming people about their experience, or lack of.
    Secondly, I've had repeated instances with said individual, and I'm not engaging further. All you're doing is justifying something that should not be taking place.
    synergy247 wrote: »

https://youtu.be/Rc7yWc4-8Bg

Today's war.

Hmm. Couldn’t help but notice you’d taken 3 5* either rank 5 or 4 duped champs on that path. Lost Void and almost lost Iceman before even getting to node 30. And for a 700k player that should indicate how insane it is. As someone said above not everyone has that luxury of 5/65 Magik et al champs to bring with what MD4? And still that node was only easier due to it being Hyp.

Trying to turn war into a place for end game content (read: spendfest) which is what it seems like they’re trying to do is fundamentally flawed. And having nodes that are not CURRENTLY available anywhere else in the contest to practice on (regardless of whether they’ve been in one dungeon MONTHS ago) is just a recipe for unmitigated disaster.

The design of the map is a pyramid at top or like a mountain. Human nature is to scale any mountain just like Everest because it is there. May as well chop off the top (no boss) and call it a Cornetto...

Lost my R4 Void to a R4 Morningstar on 24. This pissed me off enough to R5 him today when Science Advancement was on. Almost lost Iceman to Wasp on 18 with Stun immune and Bane cause I’ve never fought her before. That shock + bane, interesting.

Like I said, people just need to adjust instead of whining about changes. I used to bring Blade GR Magik for path 9. After the new nodes, my BG (and ally) did some reassignments of paths to figure out who best to handle the new minis.

Anyway, easy with a Hyperion on node 30? Lol. Check out how many posts there are about people complaining about Hyp on it.

Easier with Hype on 30 when you bring a strong Magik for it, because, well, that's how it should go for choosing attackers. I agree most need to not auto-join and move on their usual paths in middle, and take a look at who is on the subs, and then make arrangements to swap lanes with someone who has the right champ for the job. But it might take a while to figure out the best counters for certain champs there, and it kinda sucks to only be able to practice that fight in a live war, ha.
    I do dislike the node, and feel it has one too many buffs on it. And I also dislike starting a fight vs Magik there and she starts with a Furied Limbo going due to Power Start 1, heh. No one in my BG (or alliance, actually), has a strong Gulk for that situation. The new nodes have certainly shifted my ranking priorities from just defenders to having a wider variety of potential attackers.
    Also, that Wasp you fought, was she a pain who just refused to do her heavies?

Yes and she evaded me despite cold snap being on. Weird. Maybe I just missed my cold snap timings but will test it out when she becomes more popular on defense.

And yes, a wider range of attackers is usually better but defenders shouldn’t be neglected as well. I run a full 5* r4 and 6* defender team and have quite a few champs to use on attack as well.

Anyway, I ranked Magik instead of Blade because I knew I could use her in way more scenarios than I could use Blade. Blade was just flavor of the day and everyone knew he was OP for the 6-8 months he was introduced for the state of war at that point of time. A simple cornered node will wreck him unless someone is very skilled in using him.

True enough that you can’t practise on that node without being in war. But no one said it was easy or cheap to get good and learn how the node works and ways to counter it.

She is unaffected by Coldsnap because her evade ability first purifies, then it evades, it was in the spotlight somewhere. But the one I faced (also with Ice) was the same way, just did not want to use her heavy, or her specials, denying me the ability to fight her without chance of evade. Also my first time fighting her, lol. Woulda been nice for them to do a demo quest with her like they did with... wow... SMMM? A long-arse time ago.
    My defenders are not all r4 5*, or 6*, due to not really pulling good defenders in either category, thanks RNG, so boosting attackers is my best bet atm. Unfortunately, good power control 5* elude me.

Interesting. Sounds fun to figure out how to handle her. I’m quite surprised she wasn’t the last or second last boss for this month’s EQ though. Would be the first time a newly introduced champ isn’t in EQ.
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★
    took a 5/65 medusa on node 30 today in war, piece of cake. Hi @Voluntaris

Learn the difference between taking jabs and asking for evidence of experience. You must find applying for jobs rather difficult.

First of all, I know the difference between asking someone about their experience, and calling people out about where they are at in the game. There are actually rules about shaming people about their experience, or lack of.
    Secondly, I've had repeated instances with said individual, and I'm not engaging further. All you're doing is justifying something that should not be taking place.

Again, there is a huge difference between asking you if you’ve faced the node and shaming you for your experience.

Also, you assume every time it’s to shame you. How are you so sure? You assume the worst in people every time and just assume they’re out to get you. For example, I will ask you now. Have you faced the node? I am checking to see if you can back up your statements with actual experience. I am not shaming the fact you may or may not be in higher tiers, I myself am in tier 20 at the moment in a retirement alliance so you are likely higher than me.

• hunteravenhunteraven Posts: 11
    edited July 2018

That’s your bg leads fault for not sending best equipped not kabams
  • 3ul3r23ul3r2 Posts: 56
    edited July 2018
    Not a word from kabam. Remember like 3 hours ago when they said they were going to communicate more/better. This thread has been at the top of the list for a while....not a word. Every day this game is at it's worst. I congratulate them for that. I wake up in the morning and check two things. What stupid **** has Drump done and what stupid **** has kabam done. I honestly think I like the drama more than the game these days.

See you tomorrow.

Again, there is a huge difference between asking you if you’ve faced the node and shaming you for your experience.

Also, you assume every time it’s to shame you. How are you so sure? You assume the worst in people every time and just assume they’re out to get you. For example, I will ask you now. Have you faced the node? I am checking to see if you can back up your statements with actual experience. I am not shaming the fact you may or may not be in higher tiers, I myself am in tier 20 at the moment in a retirement alliance so you are likely higher than me.

Just because I'm caught off-guard now and then doesn't mean I'm going to feed into every spin. Especially when it's a repeated effort. I'm moving on, thanks.