**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

iOS Beta Test - Volunteers Needed.

Comments

• Zer0bitsZer0bits Posts: 104
    @NoFingWY ty for giving us some insight on how it’s performing. Greatly appreciated, since 99% of us don’t have access to beta forum.
  • Hello Summoners!

First off, we want to thank you all for your patience as we’ve worked to identify the cause of the issues you have brought to our attention, and extend our gratitude to all of the Summoners that volunteered to Beta test a number of our Beta Releases.

After multiple Beta Releases, we are ready to release a Hotfix for iOS users that have been experiencing issues after the release of 19.0! The Update is now available to download in your App store! Just head to the App store and update the app!

The update should resolve the overheating issue and significantly reduce crashing as well for those on iOS. We are going to continue to monitor the performance of this release over the weekend in order to ensure that it has indeed solved the problems that occured.

Once again, thank you all for your patience!
  • PaulfPaulf Posts: 11
    So the update will be fine for those on IOS but for those of us on Android to we have to keep suffering , we're is the level playing field should all be released together
  • Like i mentioned in the other topic, its not working for me. Doesnt do anything good and certainly does not stop my iphone from getting very hot after 10 mins of gameplay.

What now? Have you guys at kabam even tested this? From what i see in the other topic, others dont experience any impovement either.
    Same for me, phone still getting extremely hot after updating and I’m not even in arena, just did some quests and trying to set awd.
  • ks101ab486ks101ab486 Posts: 51
    Update did not fix the heating issue.

If anything it takes about 10 min to reach unsafe temps. Which is better than getting piping hot after 2-3 min.
  • Headed to the app store - there is NO UPDATE available for MCOC. ????

Before you roll out a "fix", you should know for sure that it will work...
  • densagokudensagoku Posts: 12
    I am the few lucky ones who did not get an extreme hot temperature after the patch 19.0.1. Just want to point out out the app still does warm up the phone but not to the extreme temperature to render a blackout and reboot of system.

Manage to grind to streak 15 and perform quest for an hour. Previously only able to manage 2 streaks and one short path in quest .

Previously the app consumes up to 67% of battery usage . Currently after the 1hr testing ... it remains at 18%. As a leader of an alliance , i am performing this self test and constantly checking here for updates before declaring to my members whether it’s safe to download

To kabam , you temporary manage to reduce the temperature but i felt there could be further improvements to be made to the software you guys are designing. The phone cools down a lot after i stop the game which significantly still proves that the app does currently still heats up the phone , pending on individual phone specs , it might generate different results .

My phone : 5SE
    IOS : 11.4.1
    Condition : used for over 2 years.

Hope this info may help someone out there . I empathize those with persistent heat issues after this patch . I wish Kabam can speed up better remedies for those who are still unable to play more than 5 mins . It’s really frustrating after you spend a great deal of time on a virtual platform.
  • tonyj007tonyj007 Posts: 276
    Device iPhone 7

Device Operating System: 11.4.1

Mobile Carrier: No

WiFi Only

Game Version 19.01

I have been playing for about 30 minutes in quest the phone did get warm but phone was on charge
    another 30 minutes in arena with no charging 9% power drain , it's been so long since i really played not sure if power drain is good or bad. I did have a network issue for about 5s, but no harm done

I am a happy to do arena again , won't push to hard

hope it goes well for other members/players
  • Da2Vero33ManDa2Vero33Man Posts: 156
    I must agree with everyone else. The over heating is still occurring on my iPhone 6. It is 3 yrs old and my battery was recently checked and is in good condition. The over heating takes longer to occur. In under 10 minuets my phone is too hot.
    Hello Summoners!

First off, we want to thank you all for your patience as we’ve worked to identify the cause of the issues you have brought to our attention, and extend our gratitude to all of the Summoners that volunteered to Beta test a number of our Beta Releases.

After multiple Beta Releases, we are ready to release a Hotfix for iOS users that have been experiencing issues after the release of 19.0! The Update is now available to download in your App store! Just head to the App store and update the app!

The update should resolve the overheating issue and significantly reduce crashing as well for those on iOS. We are going to continue to monitor the performance of this release over the weekend in order to ensure that it has indeed solved the problems that occured.

Once again, thank you all for your patience!

I am so tired of it now. Just received an update 19.0.1 and I thought it would fix and rushed to update the device. It was heating up, so I powered off my phone and let it cool to come to a conclusion.

However, this is getting ridiculous. The update has made the situation even worse. It is causing more overheat now. Thanks for the ridiculous fix...

I have a couple of confusion and hope you can answer:
    • Why cannot Kabam roll back to the older version until this is fixed?
    • Why cannot Kabam recheck what changes they made in the new update compared to the old version and try removing those changes and see how it goes? The changes this update brought is the problem.

And at last, a suggestion for you guys to give some relief to players:

As the device overheats, playing arena isn't possible and now we have started lacking Gold, Battle Chips, Units, shrds and so on... So be a little kind and don't ask to pay gold for champ upgrades until you guys fix this. How do we upgrade champs?

Come on, just don't come up with the same apology message and empathy. Do something for players to make them feel you think about them until you fix this stupid bug.

What device ??
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    densagoku wrote: »
    I am the few lucky ones who did not get an extreme hot temperature after the patch 19.0.1. Just want to point out out the app still does warm up the phone but not to the extreme temperature to render a blackout and reboot of system.

Manage to grind to streak 15 and perform quest for an hour. Previously only able to manage 2 streaks and one short path in quest .

Previously the app consumes up to 67% of battery usage . Currently after the 1hr testing ... it remains at 18%. As a leader of an alliance , i am performing this self test and constantly checking here for updates before declaring to my members whether it’s safe to download

To kabam , you temporary manage to reduce the temperature but i felt there could be further improvements to be made to the software you guys are designing. The phone cools down a lot after i stop the game which significantly still proves that the app does currently still heats up the phone , pending on individual phone specs , it might generate different results .

Hope this info may help someone out there . I empathize those with persistent heat issues after this patch . I wish Kabam can speed up better remedies for those who are still unable to play more than 5 mins . It’s really frustrating after you spend a great deal of time on a virtual platform.

Just to confirm you now are able to play more than 15mins with your iPhone SE?wanna know as I have one myself and debating updating or just not bothering
  • KwAmOnKwAmOn Posts: 108
    Hi , it has worked for me so far, but I need further testing. Other 15 in my alliance also running tests with me, today we will be all landing conclusions and come back.
    @tonyj007 iPhone 6s Plus (iOS 11.4.1

I did read this from another member

"It could be those still facing issues have pushed their devices past the point of no return. My one device was pushed to that point and had it repaired but the other I barely played on the last three weeks so it’s fine. Update is beneficial to some of us."

For each devices has different tolerance for each player. i am not sure about the history of your device. So not sure how much your battery performance has dropped due to shutdowns and power drains on your phone

Also remove old patch for new one patch

I hope your device can play the game with no issues

The game is full of bugs, last update 19.0 had 1 bug too many.

Fixing bugs is much harder for android players , with so many different devices using so many OS made by several different companies , its a impossible tasks
    Paulf wrote: »
    So the update will be fine for those on IOS but for those of us on Android to we have to keep suffering , we're is the level playing field should all be released together

Fixing bugs is much harder for android players , with so many different devices using so many OS made by several different companies , its a impossible tasks
  • BloodshedzBloodshedz Posts: 45
    What about Android users? Same issue but you put out an update for iOS?
  • densagokudensagoku Posts: 12

Just to confirm you now are able to play more than 15mins with your iPhone SE?wanna know as I have one myself and debating updating or just not bothering

Yes that’s right.... my batt does warms up but not to the extreme temperature. At least 1hour with no shutdowns. However i did mention, it will still warm up your phone. I am going to do more playtime and see how it goes.

• Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★

Yes that’s right.... my batt does warms up but not to the extreme temperature. At least 1hour with no shutdowns. However i did mention, it will still warm up your phone. I am going to do more playtime and see how it goes.

Just wanna be able to play for more than 15 minutes at a time lol.

Would you say it would be feasible to grind out arena now? Not hardcore multiple hour sessions but casual run throughs of 10-15 teams every few hours
  • DJRipsterDJRipster Posts: 169
    The new update on iOS seems to have fixed the issue, anyone still facing crashing and heating after updating ?
  • RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,440 ★★★★
    So far I haven’t experienced any crashing in arena since the update.

Wonder if it’s different for some folks
  • Vossler77Vossler77 Posts: 683 ★★
    Still overheats after 10-15 mins of play. Iphone 5s and iphone 7 ios 11.4.1. Game 19.0.1
  • I'd be willing to help out if you guys would give support to iPhone 4s.
    After updating game to latest hotfix version, still experienced overheating issue. I then completely uninstalled the game and did a fresh install. Once done I hit the t1a arena for a run to check temperature performance. Just got done with an hour long run and I’m happy to say there were no longer overheating issues. It ran a bit warmer than before 19.0 was released but did not seem to kick in the thermal throttling anymore. Still experienced lag, unresponsive parry, evade and specials that didn’t trigger though. Hopefully this method helps anyone who is still experiencing overheating on iOS.
  • ShnapperShnapper Posts: 15
    Still not fixed, oh hey IT’S STILL NOT FIXED!!!!!!
  • roberto94roberto94 Posts: 779 ★★
    edited July 2018
    Before the version 19.0.0 came out I could play the game with the highest brightness as well charge on my iPhone 6 and still only normal warm, then came version 19.0.0 and went nuts on my iPhone 6 so I used my iPad to do factory reset and somehow it worked better. Waited for 19.0.1 then suddenly everything works again for my iPhone and my iPad. It affect some very positively and some negatively. I do think there could be more done in the software as implementing a graphic settings so we can decided ourself if we want it to be low or high due to lags. If one user would have an device, a new brand device and it suffer lags then the owner can just put low graphic setting and so on.
  • InteristAtiInteristAti Posts: 5
    iPhone 6s
    i.os 11.4.1
    Mcoc 19.0.1

Sorry guys but you have not solved the problem yet. Still warming, at least not extremly.
  • JokerYuYuJokerYuYu Posts: 11
    iPhone 7 Plus
    iOS 12 Beta 3
    Mcoc 19.0.1 (clean install)

Works fine, no crashes or burning my phone
  • Galaxy76Galaxy76 Posts: 62
    edited July 2018
    iPhone 7 latest iOS version

I am using the updated version. The overheating issue is somewhat resolved...still getting heated up but this time it's taking longer time (30min). But over time game becomes slow. I would say they resolved it about 30%. Still arenas can't be grinded with this undate.

***Overheating issue resolved by 40%
    ***Overtime game becoming slow
    ***Can't grind arena
  • SRArch_SAI21SRArch_SAI21 Posts: 89
    iPhone 6S plus
    iOS 11.4.1
    Mcoc 19.0.1

Battery draining still same and very fast
    Heating still not reduced
    Not much lag, game experience but better
  • KahrahtayKahrahtay Posts: 146
    Overheating more then before patch.