**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

iOS Beta Test - Volunteers Needed.

15678911»

Comments

• tonyj007tonyj007 Posts: 276
    tonyj007 wrote: »
    Paulf wrote: »
    So the update will be fine for those on IOS but for those of us on Android to we have to keep suffering , we're is the level playing field should all be released together

Fixing bugs is much harder for android players , with so many different devices using so many OS made by several different companies , its a impossible tasks

its a impossible tasks to fix every type of android device(different cpu, batteries size and types, version of android OS)

i have 2 phones , IOS used for games and Android phone is used for contacting the world. The android phone for me is better for what i do.and cheaper.

There is no standard build of Android device, and no one can give you advice because for each devices has different tolerance for each player. IOS is better for games , Android is better as a mobile phone

That's what i think
  • IOSJasoNIOSJasoN Posts: 643 ★★★
    First off I'd like to say thanks for working on and pushing out a fix for the issues..

Unfortunately the fix seems to be temperamental..
    After the update I opened the app within 5-10mins of playing the phone got incredibly hot (just as bad as 19 update)
    I locked the screen left it for about 15mins came back the phone had cooled played for about 30-45mins with the phone staying at a comfortable lukewarm temperature..
    Locked the screen again came back 10-15mins later and it began overheating after about 5mins play..
    Locked the screen tired 10mins later and it stayed at a comfortable temperature..

There's a real fix in there (which is great).. But every now and then whatever is causing the overheat issue seems to temporarily override it..
    (iPhone X)
  • 1ko1ko Posts: 10
    Game the best it has been for some time for the first 20 mins then gets hot and runs very slow with a little lag
    edited July 2018
    Device iPhone 7

Device Operating System: 11.4.1

Mobile Carrier: No

WiFi Only

Game Version 19.01

I have been playing for about 30 minutes in quest the phone did get warm but phone was on charge
    another 30 minutes in arena with no charging 9% power drain , it's been so long since i really played not sure if power drain is good or bad. I did have a network issue for about 5s, but no harm done

I am a happy to do arena again , won't push to hard

hope it goes well for other members/players

update

I have been playing for a few hours in all game modes (Quest, AW and arena) The phone is warm, but not hot. No shutdowns . Its feel good to get some milestones again.

Because i can play for a few hours with no real issues on my device

Thank you support ( bad taste in the mouth for saying that)

Please don't let this happen again, please check before you release the next patch and make sure you can recovery if things go south

Might be a good idea if you test devices (buy a few for Testing) on beta sever before release the next patch to community

Might want consider this for Android phones as well,( best start now)

Good luck with the next update. (make sure it works before release please).
    Paulf wrote: »
    So the update will be fine for those on IOS but for those of us on Android to we have to keep suffering , we're is the level playing field should all be released together

Fixing bugs is much harder for android players , with so many different devices using so many OS made by several different companies , its a impossible tasks

its a impossible tasks to fix every type of android device(different cpu, batteries size and types, version of android OS)

i have 2 phones , IOS used for games and Android phone is used for contacting the world. The android phone for me is better for what i do.and cheaper.

There is no standard build of Android device, and no one can give you advice because for each devices has different tolerance for each player. IOS is better for games , Android is better as a mobile phone

That's what i think

does anyone know how many different android phones there are in 2018

I just asked this on google

"This year, OpenSignal counted more than 24,000 unique Android devices—both smartphones and tablets—on which its app has been installed. That is six times as many as in 2012.5 Aug 2015"

"As I know, according to a dialogue of the Google, there are 18000 different types of Android devices. About 7 types of iPhone. No more than 50 Windows Phone devices(only Lumia), I think.18 Apr 2015"

These are the only quick results I could find
  • KwAmOnKwAmOn Posts: 108
    Well after several tests in my alliance, at least for our case it seems to have finally resolved the issue. If we see anything specific to a model or scenario in which it's not working we will report back, thanks for the result so far guys!

BTW, does this have to do with one users post that said he knew what it was, then maxillary after aprox 8 hours we had the fix?
    Jayda18 wrote: »
    I think I know what is causing the overheating on the iPhones. Would you like to know what it is? I’d perfer to share in private so you can test the results yourselves and verify.

I mean this post; @Jayda18 could you comment if you were successfully contacted by Kabam and hence this released update had to do with your input? Anything to share for insights?
  • Username3121Username3121 Posts: 7
    - iPhone 7
    - iOS 11.4.1
    - Beta

The overheating, lagging, and crashing issues have disappeared for me. I've started getting a big(ger) problem with my champs doing light and medium attacks on their own though.
  • FleirsFleirs Posts: 17
    Hello Summoners!

First off, we want to thank you all for your patience as we’ve worked to identify the cause of the issues you have brought to our attention, and extend our gratitude to all of the Summoners that volunteered to Beta test a number of our Beta Releases.

After multiple Beta Releases, we are ready to release a Hotfix for iOS users that have been experiencing issues after the release of 19.0! The Update is now available to download in your App store! Just head to the App store and update the app!

The update should resolve the overheating issue and significantly reduce crashing as well for those on iOS. We are going to continue to monitor the performance of this release over the weekend in order to ensure that it has indeed solved the problems that occured.

Once again, thank you all for your patience!

there is no such a Hotfix for iOS at app store... why...later ...will be added ??
    Fleirs wrote: »
    there is no such a Hotfix for iOS at app store... why...later ...will be added ??

Hey bro it's out there since yesterday, I've been testing out with all my alliance; you might have to get on WiFi and manually check for updates in the app store. I see we are getting mixed confirmations on performance, but so far in my alliance it's doing the trick.
  • CinjunCinjun Posts: 41
    Fleirs wrote: »
    Hello Summoners!

First off, we want to thank you all for your patience as we’ve worked to identify the cause of the issues you have brought to our attention, and extend our gratitude to all of the Summoners that volunteered to Beta test a number of our Beta Releases.

After multiple Beta Releases, we are ready to release a Hotfix for iOS users that have been experiencing issues after the release of 19.0! The Update is now available to download in your App store! Just head to the App store and update the app!

The update should resolve the overheating issue and significantly reduce crashing as well for those on iOS. We are going to continue to monitor the performance of this release over the weekend in order to ensure that it has indeed solved the problems that occured.

Once again, thank you all for your patience!

Hotfix is in the Mcoc game update. Not an individual app that you need to download. I’ve been clear of overheating issues since then.
  • XCABXCAB Posts: 12
    Still overheating even after the hotfix. Iphone 6+
  • BabafrigoBabafrigo Posts: 44
    its better now but still not a fix. As kabam said, it is just a hotfix. Temporary solution for saving a day.
  • SylarSylar Posts: 11
    If there are issues that are tricky to resolve - then either
    - rollback to the old version (e.g. v18 but you mentioned not feasible - I understand),
    - OR rollback the particular change that is causing the issue. Source comparison/analysis can be done against v18 to identify the potential issue.
  • oPaylowooPaylowo Posts: 18
    Has there been any word on compensation for this from Kabam or are they still working on the fix before they roll something out?
    Sylar wrote: »
    If there are issues that are tricky to resolve - then either
    - rollback to the old version (e.g. v18 but you mentioned not feasible - I understand),
    - OR rollback the particular change that is causing the issue. Source comparison/analysis can be done against v18 to identify the potential issue.

This thread is now 84 pages - NEW 19.0 UPDATE PHONE PROBLEMS [MERGED THREADS]. this problem is in the last stage of being resolved. . Patch 18.0 had bugs , patch 19.0 had 1 bug too many that caused the overheating issue. This hotfix has reduced bugs that caused overheating, There probably a few more things that can be done, but can't do too much in one go . Cant rush this , we don't need changes that impact hardware again
    Until the overheating problem has been resolved for IOS , there is a issue for Android members/players.
    The game should continue to use 30 minute timers, to reduces the risk of damage to device hardware
  • Drk_NI8tDrk_NI8t Posts: 1
    Update didn’t work for my phone. My phone continues to get really hot when playing for more than 5 minutes
  • Leviatann2805Leviatann2805 Posts: 4
    Issue not solve. Overheating the same and battery consumption also the same. This “new released” with the same bugs.
  • FleirsFleirs Posts: 17
    iphone 5 SE
    after update all running no unexpecting shutdowns/restarts
    all you have to do - back up your ios device and the reset factory settings
    playing 3.5h ACT 5 no any issues,
    thanks KABAM of huge improvments 👍
  • IcsGrecIcsGrec Posts: 919 ★★★
    iPhone 7 plus
    iOS 11.4.1
    After the update, I played a lot and the phone was ok. Warm (as it should be given the graphics) but ok.

One note though: I just fought a miniboss in AQ (map 2 if it matters) and the phone started to burn immediately. Then after I finished the fight it cooled down again.
  • ChristianD04ChristianD04 Posts: 6
    edited July 2018
    I’ll try it. I always had an overheating issue but never crashing issue.
  • After updating the new release ,iphone still heats with 5-10 min gameplay,whatever fix went in looks not solving the issue.
  • Maverick75Maverick75 Posts: 628 ★★★
    Iphone 8 plus
    ios 11.0
    Cellular and wifi
    Game 19.0.1

Still overheating, progressively from a bit warm to clearly warm
    No other personal app running behind
This discussion has been closed.