**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

New 19.0 update phone problems [Merged Threads]

Comments

• DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    tonyj007 wrote: »
    LzrdKing wrote: »
    Is there any way to get this game fixed. Everytime a new version of this game is released, it gets worse. I can't play for.more than 30 mins before the game crashes. It's so frustrating!!! The game is laggy and the timing is off. I never had this problem when I first started playing this game. I am using an Android phone, latest version on a Motorola G4. It sucks to say, but I have invested a lot into this game, including 2 years of dedication to this game. Think I am finally gonna quit.

its a impossible tasks to fix every type of android device (different cpu, batteries size and types, version of android OS)

i have 2 phones , IOS used for games and Android phone is used for contacting the world. The android phone for me is better for what i do.and cheaper.

There is no standard build of Android device, and no one can give you advice because for each devices has different tolerance for each player. IOS is better for games , Android is better as a mobile phone

That's what i think

I get what you're saying but I think you are overcomplicating the issue. All Android phones use the same operating system, it's just tweaked by the phone manufacturer. The U.I is developed and some bloatware added but it's still the same system. Sure it's more complicated than iOS but shouldn't be a problem for a game manufacturer, many other developers deal with this without issue.
  • Morpheus_123Morpheus_123 Posts: 792 ★★★
    The problem I'm having is a flashing/stuttering issue quickly followed by the app crashing and having to be restarted.

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 on Android. Using Wifi via Talk Talk.

Thanks
  • WestthepestWestthepest Posts: 9
    iPhone X and 7 running iOS 11.4.1 and Motorola z2
    Game has improved from overheating to the point of safety shutdown. However it is still heating up more than before 19.0 (FYI I do not use cases so there is no insulation to retain heat). Not going to push it yet obviously because it’s not worth killing my devices. But I will say it is improved on iOS (will try longer runs incrementally). Android still laggy but this game has never been optimized for android so I don’t expect too much from Kabam on that side.
    On a side note for those with their undies in a wod, I began playing this game after my daughter passed away about a year and a half ago and it gave me something To do to fill my sitting around time so I don’t just obsess and get more depressed. It’s a good outlet when you don’t have your family around to do stuff with or at work with nothing to do but don’t take I so seriously that you ruin your phone or get pissed off. **** happens in life just push forward. @Kabam Miike
  • BapoiBapoi Posts: 995 ★★★
    wl6x4wk3v4ko.gif

There is a patch in the appstore.
    My iPad works as it should again. Try again. It is there...
  • DL864DL864 Posts: 1,089 ★★★
    My iPad gets warm and the battery drains relatively fast compared to others things I do on it. But it seams to be running better since the patch
  • GrimmbananaGrimmbanana Posts: 711 ★★
    my eyes caught on fire reading this
  • Manup456Manup456 Posts: 885 ★★★★
    Game is working great now on iOS 12 beta 4 and I'm on an iPhone 7 plus
  • Goll3m_1Goll3m_1 Posts: 27
    Definitely an improvement but not fixed...

Iphone 8+, iOS 11.4

Phone still runs hot but not as hot as before. At least I can play.
    Battery still drains at a fast rate
    Seem to have a new issue(s) as the game loads slowly and each screen is “choppy”. Can watch each champ load one at a time for example whdn looking at my champions tab. Could be a caching issue... maybe something else but thought I’d provide the feedback
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    This update has definitely not fixed all the overheating issues. Would be nice to actually get a reply from kabam to actually acknowledge this.
  • Xinel07Xinel07 Posts: 24
    Will there be a fix for Android? My Huawei P9 keeps overheating & being power drained.
  • OhGodYesOhGodYes Posts: 143
    I play on an iPhone X and haven’t had any lag in the game since December 17 when I got my new phone. After this “Hotfix” game play is very laggy. Can we work on a “lagfix” now!?
  • OVERHEATING IS NOT FIXED. I never had any overheating issues. I have an iPhone X top of the line model. Since the update to fix over heating got installed LAST NIGHT. My phone is now over heating. I’m getting tired of fixes causing more problems then they fix.
  • Thank you to everyone who has continued to share information with us if you're still experiencing these issues! We are working on getting this all looked into still.
  • tonyj007tonyj007 Posts: 276
    DaMunk wrote: »
    Is there any way to get this game fixed. Everytime a new version of this game is released, it gets worse. I can't play for.more than 30 mins before the game crashes. It's so frustrating!!! The game is laggy and the timing is off. I never had this problem when I first started playing this game. I am using an Android phone, latest version on a Motorola G4. It sucks to say, but I have invested a lot into this game, including 2 years of dedication to this game. Think I am finally gonna quit.

its a impossible tasks to fix every type of android device (different cpu, batteries size and types, version of android OS)

i have 2 phones , IOS used for games and Android phone is used for contacting the world. The android phone for me is better for what i do.and cheaper.

There is no standard build of Android device, and no one can give you advice because for each devices has different tolerance for each player. IOS is better for games , Android is better as a mobile phone

That's what i think

I get what you're saying but I think you are over complicating the issue. All Android phones use the same operating system, it's just tweaked by the phone manufacturer. The U.I is developed and some bloatware added but it's still the same system. Sure it's more complicated than iOS but shouldn't be a problem for a game manufacturer, many other developers deal with this without issue.
    DaMunk wrote: »

That's what i think

I get what you're saying but I think you are overcomplicating the issue. All Android phones use the same operating system, it's just tweaked by the phone manufacturer. The U.I is developed and some bloatware added but it's still the same system. Sure it's more complicated than iOS but shouldn't be a problem for a game manufacturer, many other developers deal with this without issue.

Google says

How many different types of phones are there?
    As I know, according to a dialogue of the Google, there are 18000 different types of Android devices. About 7 types of iPhone. No more than 50 Windows Phone devices(only Lumia), I think.18 Apr 2015

Android "P" is the upcoming ninth major version of the Android OS. Beta 3, was released on July 2, 2018
    Android Oreo
    Android "Nougat"
    Android 6.0 "Marshmallow"
    Android 5.0 "Lollipop

Devices that are in the Beta test for Android "P"

Google Pixel XL
    Google Pixel 2
    Google Pixel 2 XL
    Essential Phone[13]
    Nokia 7 Plus
    Oppo R15 Pro
    OnePlus 6
    Sony Xperia XZ2
    Vivo V9
    Vivo X21UD
    Vivo X21
    Xiaomi Mi MIX 2S

What Android OS and device to tweak first
  • InfinityM04InfinityM04 Posts: 118
    It appears to be working for me, but I have to keep playing the next couple of days to make sure. For people who say the phone is still getting warm, just remember that anything electronic that you use for a good amount of time that is running a lot with the graphics of the game and whatnot, it is bound to get warm. Think of a handheld system, or a PS4 or anything like that, systems get warm. Just a thought.
  • ralph9898ralph9898 Posts: 10
    edited July 2018
    There are a few posts discussing almost same issue but I don't know which post to update:
    1. iOS Beta Test - Volunteers Needed.
    2. [iOS] Lag and Performance Investigation
    3. New 19.0 update phone problems [Merged Threads]

I would like to observe and feedback if you need the data for improvement.

iPhone 7+ 11.4.1

In MCOC 19.0, the device would heat up and game performance dropped drastically until the device shut itself down due to overheating, also in combat the characters' movement became sluggish compared to when I just opened MCOC. After MCOC crashing if I didn't force reboot my device, my other apps response were affected too, needed to wait for a significant time to open them. Battery drained rapidly which playing MCOC.

In MCOC 19.0.1, the device would heat up but not as hot as 19.0, also the device wouldn't shut down. But still character movements became sluggish after a while and I observe missing frame/choppy screens. Also in quests, when walking down the path I could see the "Dot" wasn't moving smoothly, rather choppy. Battery still drained rapidly.

@Ad0ra_ Hope you guys are looking into this, appreciate your help. If I observe additional issue, which post should I update?
  • Drummer829Drummer829 Posts: 105
    Iphone 7+
    IOS 11.4.1

Can definitely still feel my phone getting warm while playing the game, however it’s not as bad as it was before. Phone does not crash, but game still does get a little glitchy when I play for longer periods of time. Played for about 30 mins and lost about 20% battery.

Is anyone else still experiencing some heating issues?
  • RebelCazRebelCaz Posts: 24
    edited July 2018
    Same problems as before only reduced enough to where I can actually play.

Still slow load times in arena and major glitches. Still overheating only doesn’t got hot enough to raise “enough” concern. Still having lag and minor crashes. With that said enough has been fixed to where Kabam will be satisfied enough to ignore this thread
  • WHOz_R4GEWHOz_R4GE Posts: 239 ★★
    @Kabam Vydious please help. Submitted a ticket explaining the issue is still occurring on all three of my devices after update. Response from support email was 19.0.1 fixed issue. I updated 2 iPhone 6s and 1 iphone7 to 19.0.1. All three devices are still overheating to the point my palm is hot.

Running on 11.4.1 IOS
    Verizon’s LtE and WiFi

Please help or advise.
  • TacoScottyTacoScotty Posts: 407 ★★
    If you are considering the “full” effect on players will any compensation packages factor in whether or not a player received a refund from Apple?
  • tonyj007tonyj007 Posts: 276
    RebelCaz wrote: »
    Same problems as before only reduced enough to where I can actually play.

Still slow load times in arena and major glitches. Still overheating only doesn’t got hot enough to raise “enough” concern. Still having lag and minor crashes. With that said enough has been fixed to where Kabam will be satisfied enough to ignore this thread

Cant complain , Still a problem on android devices with performance and lag
  • FixxxFixxx Posts: 234
    Me on iPad Pro 9.7 iOS 11.4.1 - still getting warm but no longer crashing, input delay seems gone

Friend on iPhone 7 iOS 11.2.5 - no longer crashing, he can play now. Hasn't tested intensively though... because he finally lost the habit of playing the game
  • IcsGrecIcsGrec Posts: 919 ★★★
    Tested yesterday by playing 2 extended sessions of ~1.5-2 hours each.
    Phone is getting warm indeed, but not warmer than before 19.0, which is ok, given the graphics of the game.

Long story short: it’s fixed for me. Tested on iPhone 7 Plus and iPhone X, both running on iOS 11.4.1
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    iPhone7 plus and iPad mini: both updated and still getting warm after 15 mins of gameplay but not as hot as before. So far no more force quit and reboot.

However, another issue happened, the champs sometimes auto forward and backward during the EQ fights, which was not appeared in previous version.
  • The new update has stopped the game lagging but it’s still over heating and crashing....
  • IcsGrecIcsGrec Posts: 919 ★★★
    Drummer829 wrote: »
    Iphone 7+
    IOS 11.4.1

Can definitely still feel my phone getting warm while playing the game, however it’s not as bad as it was before. Phone does not crash, but game still does get a little glitchy when I play for longer periods of time. Played for about 30 mins and lost about 20% battery.

Is anyone else still experiencing some heating issues?

You’ll never play on a cold phone given the game’s graphics. The fact that it gets a bit warm is ok.
    I played y’day for 2 hours straight and it was warm, but not even close to “hot”
This discussion has been closed.