**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

How to Make Colossus Good (It's simpler than it sounds)

We all know that the idea of Colossus being a trash character being a meme in itself is a meme. While not quite on the level of mediocrity as Kamala Khan, Colossus comes pretty close with weak offensive power and only an armor up ability to his name. So I have three simple fixes that could make Colossus a good offensive character without massively reworking his kit.

1. Extend the Limits of his Attack Boost
The simple way to give Colossus an attack buff would be to extend his base ability that amps up his special attack damage based on his current armor rating to empower all of his attacks. That sounds like a mediocre change, but it plays into point 2 which is...

2. Increase his rate of Armor Up
As it stands right now, Colossus only gets armor when attacking and being attacked....at a flat 10% chance. His awakened ability doesn't help as much since it only rolls the chance again with a 7% chance. If these abilities were A: a much higher chance but only activates off of critical hits, or B: granted an overall increase to the chance of activation, it would make the first change all the more effective.

3. Provide Stun/Unbockable based on Armor
Colossus' animations are just bad. They're easily evadable don't do that much even when aided by his Armor Boost ability. That's why I propose we allow colossus to gain additional effects based on his current armor. Colossus would be granted a maximum limit of 6 Armor charges. Using a special attack with 2 or 3 Armor Ups active would consume 2 of them to allow the attack to inflict a short stun effect. When using a special attack with 4 or more Armor Ups, he would consume 4 Armor Ups to make the attack Unblockable.

These changes can be modified based on balancing, but they would ultimately add more to everyone's favorite CGI metalhead and allow for less grief when pulling him as a 5*.....like I did. Give me your feedback, fellow Summoners!

P.S. He was my first 5*...

Comments

• MSRDLDMSRDLD Posts: 913 ★★★
    He needs something. I think he deserves the Luke Cage effect. Gains armor ups through attacks like Cage does with exhaustions. Scale attack boosts for armor like you did with exhaustion. Give him indestructable abilities when his armor up stacks gets to a certain point. Is it lazy? Maybe. But it would be effective

They just need to change his SP1 and SP2 animations altogether. He is like a Zangief ripoff.
  • MSRDLD wrote: »
    He needs something. I think he deserves the Luke Cage effect. Gains armor ups through attacks like Cage does with exhaustions. Scale attack boosts for armor like you did with exhaustion. Give him indestructable abilities when his armor up stacks gets to a certain point. Is it lazy? Maybe. But it would be effective

They just need to change his SP1 and SP2 animations altogether. He is like a Zangief ripoff.
    Back at the very start of the game, Miles Moralis(however you spell it) had a SP3 which was Chun Li's super.
  • RicemanRiceman Posts: 216
    Also, since he is colossus, he should be poison, incinerate, cold snap immune in addition to his bleed immunity
  • kraioszerokraioszero Posts: 148
    Riceman wrote: »
    Also, since he is colossus, he should be poison, incinerate, cold snap immune in addition to his bleed immunity

Don't know about poison.. technically he is organic steel.. plus he got the legacy virus.. not so much room for a poison immune..

Also.. if you go for the "steel".. temperature affects it so it would incinnerate and cold snap.. however he could have a partial resistance or a reduction
  • ItsAMeSarthakItsAMeSarthak Posts: 71
    I think he should get poison immunity,bleed since ulltron somehow has it,and safeguard when stacked armor up.
  • BodhizenBodhizen Posts: 303 ★★
    A lot of older Champions need updates... badly. Here are my recommendations for Colossus (as a 4-star, with alterations made for higher or lower tier versions):

1. When Attacked: Opponents' Critical Hits anger Colossus, granting him Armor Up buffs with a fixed 15% chance. Each Armor Up buff increases Colossus' Armor Rating by 400 for 6 seconds.
    2. Passive: Impenetrable armor provides full immunity to Bleeding, Incinerate, Cold Snap, and Frost Bite.
    3. Passive: When Colossus reaches 5 active Armor Up buffs, all Armor Up buffs are converted into a permanent passive Armor Up buff that increases Colossus' Armor Rating by 600.
    4. Passive: When Colossus gains a permanent passive Armor Up buff, his attacks have a 30% chance to Stun for 2.50 seconds.
    5. Heavy Attacks: While charging a Heavy Attack, Colossus gains a Fury buff for 1 second and has 550 additional Attack Rating.
    6. Special Attacks: Damage for this attack is based on current Armor levels. Damage increases by up to 200% based on overall Armor. This attack also deals reduced damage while under the effect of Armor Reduction.
    7. Organic Steel: (Level 99) When Attacked: Piotr's organic metal skin shapes and strengthens to his will with no limit, increasing Block Proficiency by 95 for every hit of his Combo Meter. When Attacking: Colossus smashes through his opponent's Armor, granting 455 increased Attack rating for every five consecutive Combo hits.
    8. Persistent Charge: At the start of the fight, if Colossus has a Persistent Charge, he consumes one, granting him a permanent passive Armor Up buff. Whenever Colossus has 3 Persistent Charges, he consumes them all to gain a Regeneration buff that grants him 15% of his maximum health over 20 Seconds. This regeneration cannot be nullified, but is still affected by Heal Block nodes and abilities. This is a Passive Regeneration and is not affected by Masteries or abilities that would extend the length or potency of the Regeneration.
    9. Special Attack 1: 45% chance to Armor Break, removing an enemy Armor Up and applying 950 Armor Rating reduction for 8 seconds.
    10. Special Attack 2: Converts all active Armor Up buffs into a Persistent Charge.
    11. Special Attack 3: This attack has a 85% chance to inflict Concussion, reducing the opponent's Ability Accuracy by 100%. This Ability Accuracy reduction ignores a Skill Champion's Debuff Reduction, such as Agent Venom's Tenacity or Blade's ability to shrug off Debuffs faster.

Synergies:
    1. Enemies with Juggernaut: All Champions gain +155 Critical Rating.
    2. Family with Magik: All Champions gain +5% Health
    3. Fastball Special with Wolverine and Old Man Logan (Unique Synergy): Colossus: Dash attacks gain a 10% chance to inflict Bleed. Wolverine: Regeneration and Fury effects are 12% more effective. Old Man Logan: +120% Regeneration rate when struck by opponents.This is a Unique Synergy which does not stack with duplicate synergies.
    4. Dark Mirror with Unstoppable Colossus (Unique Synergy): Colossus: Colossus shrugs off Debuffs faster, decreasing their duration by 30%. Unstoppable Colossus: Opponents that make contact with you while you are Unstoppable take 80% of the damage they inflicted as Physical Damage. This is a Unique Synergy which does not stack with duplicate synergies.
    5. Fifty State Initiative with She-Hulk (Unique Synergy): Colossus: Special attacks gain a 15% chance to inflict Stun for 2 seconds. She-Hulk: She-Hulk reduces her opponents' abilities by an additional +25% with her Citing Precedent Signature Ability. This is a Unique Synergy which does not stack with duplicate synergies.
  • Starkiller_KE2_0Starkiller_KE2_0 Posts: 154
    Bodhizen wrote: »
    When Attacking: Colossus smashes through his opponent's Armor, granting 455 increased Attack rating for every five consecutive Combo hits.
    This may be the one part I disagree with you, that seems like a large attack boost to a character you would already be adding quite a bit to, other than that I agree with everything you are saying
  • NamelezNamelez Posts: 992 ★★★
    Here's my ideas for buffing Collosus

Passive: Spiked Armor (Opponents take 15% of the damage dealt to Collosus)
    Fury: 15% chance to gain a fury buff when striking or being struck (increases attack by 20%)
    Armor: 15% chance to gain an armor buff increasing armor rating by 500 per stack
    Passive: 1000 Physical Resistance
    Special Attack 1: 100% chance to Stun for 1 second (Duration increased by 1 second per fury/armor buff)
    Special Attack 2: 50% chance to armor break per hit reducing armor rating by 200 per stack
    Special Attack 3: 100% chance to inflict Concussion for 30 seconds and Paralyze for 3 seconds
    Passive: Heavy attacks have a 15% chance to turn an active fury into a permanent fury (max stack of 3)
    Passive: After dashing back and holding block for 2.5 seconds 100% chance to convert an active armor into a permanent armor (max stack of 5)
    Signature Ability (lvl 99): Increase armor rating and block proficiency by 90% based on lost health

What do u think of these ideas ?
    When Attacking: Colossus smashes through his opponent's Armor, granting 455 increased Attack rating for every five consecutive Combo hits.
    This may be the one part I disagree with you, that seems like a large attack boost to a character you would already be adding quite a bit to, other than that I agree with everything you are saying
    Completely understandable. I meant to type 45, and will edit my post accordingly.
    Or not, since I don't seem to be able to edit.
    Worse comes to worse, they should do this to Unstoppable Colossus to make it so that he's worth actually spending Loyalty on!
    Worse comes to worse, they should do this to Unstoppable Colossus to make it so that he's worth actually spending Loyalty on!

Lololololololololololol 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
  • iRetr0iRetr0 Posts: 1,252 ★★★★
    edited July 2018
    I think he should get poison immunity,bleed since ulltron somehow has it,and safeguard when stacked armor up.

Ultron is bleed immune tho? And there is a difference between robotics and a human covered in steel.
    Actually, upon reflection, I think it's fine, even though I meant to type 45. It's at Sig level 99, and it's for every 5 combo hits, so you're only adding in 91 per combo hit, but delaying the benefit until the 5th hit.
    Actually, upon reflection, I think it's fine, even though I meant to type 45. It's at Sig level 99, and it's for every 5 combo hits, so you're only adding in 91 per combo hit, but delaying the benefit until the 5th hit.

When u think the damage is TOO high look at Proxima Midnight Stark Spidey StarLord Blade with Danger Sense Medusa with Inhuman Royal Synergy (or whatever LoL)
  • Starkiller_KE2_0Starkiller_KE2_0 Posts: 154
    I suppose that I agree with that, what is star lord's sig 99?
    50p0fgcunrch.jpg
  • MSRDLD wrote: »

Back at the very start of the game, Miles Moralis(however you spell it) had a SP3 which was Chun Li's super.

https://youtu.be/6T2agT-BHzg

Found it.
  • RicemanRiceman Posts: 216
    kraioszero wrote: »
    Riceman wrote: »

Don't know about poison.. technically he is organic steel.. plus he got the legacy virus.. not so much room for a poison immune..

Also.. if you go for the "steel".. temperature affects it so it would incinnerate and cold snap.. however he could have a partial resistance or a reduction

Not too sure, but in previous research, it was said that colossus had either incinerate resistance or immunity. Also I'm pretty sure he should be coldsnap immune, since he can survive in extremely cold temperatures in the armored state. Don't know too much about poison immunity.
  • jdnice11jdnice11 Posts: 7
    His specials need a revamp:

Special 1:
    Warning Punch- Hits the opponent with a strong, but not full strength straight punch.

Special 2:
    Metal Head- Hits the opponent with a quick punch to the gut, and then headbutts them back.

Special 3:
    Unbreakable- Pounds the ground with a double fist. The ground breaks causing the ground to rumble and staggering the opponent. Colossus then rushes in and headbutts the opponent down. Walks forward, grabs them by the throat and tosses them away.