**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Using in phone software to play mcoc with a controller

Is it okay, not against the tos, to play mcoc using a controller via software built into a phone?

I know using a 3rd party emulator is not acceptable, but what if it's part of ur device. Example would be the ROG phone comming out by ASUS.

It features "air triggers" that are programmable buttons on the top corners of the phone. Theoretically one could program the left air trigger for a left swipe making dexterity evades alot easier to pull off.

That's just what comes built in the phone.

There is also an accessory that clips to either side of ur device that gives each side programmable joysticks and buttons, turning the device into a "switch" type device.

I'm just wondering if all this is ok.

Comments

• NoOnexRONoOnexRO Posts: 339 ★★★
    Will get you banned.
  • Wakandas_FinestWakandas_Finest Posts: 811 ★★★★
    I’d wait for one of the mods to respond but I’m pretty sure the use of a controller is against the spirit of the game even if it’s built into the phone. In the past I believe kabam has said it gives you an unfair competitive advantage.
  • AcanthusAcanthus Posts: 447 ★★★
    NoOnexRO wrote: »
    Will get you banned.

No it won't
  • BapoiBapoi Posts: 995 ★★★
    mike867 wrote: »
    This is what I hate about Kabam, they will NEVER comment on posts like these just to make sure you take the risk and get you banned....Why isn't a mod commenting here?

Because the vast majority of post on these forums are either duplicate threads for those already created, as well as mud slinging contests between a few people that needs to be culled. I think that besides staring at the forums, like a certain someone is known to do excessively, they actually do have other tasks as well...
  • NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    This is a very good question @Kabam Miike
  • 3ul3r23ul3r2 Posts: 56
    What are the other tasks?
  • 2nd_slingshot2nd_slingshot Posts: 233
    edited July 2018
    I think with the game speed, anyone would be disadvantaged using a controller. Good question though.
    3ul3r2 wrote: »
    What are the other tasks?

Which part of “I think...” was unclear in that sentence?
    I’m not sure what kind of work (if any) you do, but I’ve not once been in a job where my job consisted solely of one particular thing. It would drive me and I think many others as well, utterly insane to be doing just one thing day in and day out ad infinitum.
  • AcanthusAcanthus Posts: 447 ★★★
    edited July 2018
    Bapoi wrote: »
    Acanthus wrote: »
    NoOnexRO wrote: »
    Will get you banned.

No it won't

Glad for that back and forth. It’s pointless though, as the only party deciding on how it will be handled is neither of you.
    It’s a good question. Perhaps let the company answer it?

They have no way of telling if you're playing on your phone using a controller. I've had people in my past alliances using them. None of them ever got banned
  • roberto94roberto94 Posts: 779 ★★
    I don’t think it will lead to a ban. There nothing in TOS saying about controller that is a part of an mobile device will lead to an ban.
    No offense, but stating they used it and didn’t get banned tells me nothing.

That’s like asking me to take you on your word that it’s okay to just drive through red lights and nothing will happen.

The fact that you stated it wouldn’t get me out of the inevitable ticket I’d get sent home..
    Sometimes I saw the mods ask the player to send a ticket to support team as they can answer this kind of question.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    roberto94 wrote: »
    I don’t think it will lead to a ban. There nothing in TOS saying about controller that is a part of an mobile device will lead to an ban.

It does actually. Is the same thing as "modifying the game" or the way you play it.
    This was already answered in the past. I don't remember the answer given thought
    @will-o-wisp but they simply can’t ban a player if ASUS have created their ROG mobile just like it’s supposed to be by design.
  • MordridCowl_1979MordridCowl_1979 Posts: 199
    @Kabam Miike can u answer the original post pls?
  • beyonder8421beyonder8421 Posts: 881 ★★★
    What's the benefit of it? Wouldn't it have lag?
  • StarhawkStarhawk Posts: 614 ★★★

saves your fingers from blisters?
  • beyonder8421beyonder8421 Posts: 881 ★★★
    Starhawk wrote: »

saves your fingers from blisters?

Wouldn't you have worse blisters if you use a controller for a whole day?
  • spaceoctopusspaceoctopus Posts: 1,111 ★★★
    This phone comes with a built in cooling fan. It may be the future of the contest.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    As a general rule, anything that can be used to modify the game files is not allowed. As long as the software doesn't apply to that, I would think it's allowed. Depends on the software.
    But if the phone is designed by that way then it doesn’t modify anything. It is as it should be and won’t lead to an ban. If it does then I will cry for kabam’s shameful act with some reply like this “it modify the game, you will get banned for it”
    Right, that's what I was thinking. The software modifies the phone, not the game.

The features of the ROG phone seem ideal for mcoc. Especially the built in cooling fan in addition to the added external cooling fan that comes with the phone.
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    If you use an external controller then yes it is against the TOS.....
    So if you used the accesory that goves joysticks then yes that would be against ToS as it would be no different to using a bluetooth controller....
    However the two buttons on the phone should be ok.....
    It is part of the device.... that would be like saying that if you play on an ipad you can only use the middle of the screen cus playing on a much larger screen than a phone gives you an advantage.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    edited July 2018
    If you are using a button to evade instead of swiping how is that not modifying the game? I don't know whether it's something which would be detectable, so it may not get you a ban, but it's definitely modifying the game. It's not like using an Ipad.
    On the note of controllers in general if they suffer the same kind of input lag/delay as bluetooth headphone suffer with sound reproduction delay it would be terrible.....

Have you ever played MCOC woth bluetooth headphones??? It is terrible. It is really hard and distracting cus the audio and video is so out of sync and ut throws off your timing....
    The sounds happen well and truly after the action....
    If a controller suffered that kind if input lag it would be impossible to play with it...
    Any Bluetooth device is laggy dealing with audio and video.
    If you are using a button to evade instead of swiping how is that not modifying the game? I don't know whether it's something which would be detectable, so it may not get you a ban, but it's definitely modifying the game. It's not like using an Ipad.

The game will have been in no way touched....
    In no way modified.....
    it is all the phone.....
    The phone would be registering your press on the air button and simulating a swipe action.....
    The game would be getting a swip input just as if you did it yourself.....
    There is already an accessibility option on iphone which allows you to save custom gestures....
    it is not practical at all for mcoc....
    i used to use it with pokemon go so with one press on an accessibility overlay i could throw the perfect shot instead of swiping.....
    This button on the asus phone would just make a custom swipe action on demand.... game recieves exact same input as if you swiped.