**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Kabam, this is unfair

HenriqueSCCPHenriqueSCCP Posts: 413 ★★★
Kabam did it again, the same thing as when the perfect locking synergy, before everyone wore Dr Strange 3*, 4* and Scarlet Witch. And now there's this synergy overpower between Blade, Ghost Rider and Spider-Man (Stark Enhanced), (everyone who has these champions are using this synergy, I've seen using Blade 5* r5 with a 3* Ghost Rider on the team, just for to make this synergy) where this synergy makes the Blade "a God" against opponents villains, where villains are the best defenders and most used in defense, the only non-villains who are good at defense are Iron Man (Infinity War), Medusa and Spider-man, this synergy is unfair, do not you think?

I have a Juggernaut 5* r4 in defense, before he kills several attackers, after the Blade with this synergy, until Blade of 4* is passing without giving any death.

Blade without synergy with Ghost Rider and Spider-Man (Stark Enhanced), is already a champion overpower, has bleeding with good power gain, special 2 with huge damage and duplicate is practically "immortal."

Comments

• V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Hate to break it to you but villains aren’t only countered by Blade and a lot of villain defenders aren’t as good as the new ones like Domino, IMIW, maybe Wasp, Medusa, and then there’s always OG spidey. CAIW is actually a huge counter to a lot of the villain champs, too, like Jugg, UC, Dorm, Mordo, etc. I think the game is just evolving and older champs are becoming more and more obsolete while the newer champs are beginning to pick up traction.
  • HenriqueSCCPHenriqueSCCP Posts: 413 ★★★
    Domino is also an excellent champion, almost Blade level with no synergy, most of the defense are almost all villains where the Blade becomes a God.

I play this game for 3 years and the only non-villains that give work, are Medusa, Spider-man and mainly Iron Man (Infinity War), Domino I think a reasonable champion in the defense, good step, I'm just going to lose a bit of life in her signature ability.
    ro1xfvuwvlck.png

@Kabam Miike @Ad0ra_

Everyone is using this synergy, to strengthen the Blade, even using Ghost Rider 3*, look at the image.

Because these champions have synergy overpower and the other champions have synergy, you should change this synergy where it makes the Blade even more overpower, this team is already overporwer Blade, Ghost Rider and Spider-Man (Stark Enhanced), all three are already among the most tops of the game, so I ask you, why this synergy, where they make even more overpowers these champions, mainly the Blade?
    There are only weeping here, not wanting to remove this synergy, if it's to make any changes, you do not have to mess with the peasants, just change that synergy or put synergies overpowers to the other champions of the game (some time 100% players are using it this team, ends up leaving AW with no grace, all with the same team)
    My AW team are Iceman, X23 and Hyperion all 5*.
  • Bear3Bear3 Posts: 996 ★★★
    Juggy is actually a crappy defender now.. he’s really a “back in the day” defender. I’m sure you used to get kills with him, but really anyone can beat him... he’s only even a small challenge on stun immune with md 5. The game has evolved. Use your ice man on defesne.. blades not good against him, they’ll have to use their Stark Spidey 😂. Anyways stop whining for them to remove he synergy. It’s not happening, I promise. People have spent too much time, energy etc trying to obtain them (I do have blade but not ghost rider) so yeah get over it, the synergy isn’t going away.✌🏻
  • 2nd_slingshot2nd_slingshot Posts: 233
    you're just pissed you don't have both, I have all three but don't bring them all, I only bring spark since my path never requires blade, I replaced him with kilmonger.
  • AcanthusAcanthus Posts: 447 ★★★
    Blade is so last year.
  • bm3eppsbm3epps Posts: 1,146 ★★★
    all this hoopla makes me wish I had Ghost Rider now..
  • RocapRocap Posts: 222
    ro1xfvuwvlck.png

@Kabam Miike @Ad0ra_

Everyone is using this synergy, to strengthen the Blade, even using Ghost Rider 3*, look at the image.

Because these champions have synergy overpower and the other champions have synergy, you should change this synergy where it makes the Blade even more overpower, this team is already overporwer Blade, Ghost Rider and Spider-Man (Stark Enhanced), all three are already among the most tops of the game, so I ask you, why this synergy, where they make even more overpowers these champions, mainly the Blade?

Do whaaaaaaaaat?!
  • 3ul3r23ul3r2 Posts: 56
    edited July 2018

K
  • crystaldsmithcrystaldsmith Posts: 471 ★★
    Don't nerf it, I'm still patiently waiting for GR AND Starky. Lol
    I only lacking the 5 * Blade to form the supreme trinity, sure to get the 5* Blade, even if it's in the arena, I'll wear it and everyone will use it, you who do not know how to play and if you remove the synergy, you will start pass shame at AW, LOL.
  • Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    First, I rarely get to use blade synergy anymore. Void is handling most of my fights. I am facing almost all heroes or “mercenaries” these days on paths 6/7.

Second I’m sorry that it appears this post is bc your 5* r4 juggernaut doesn’t get kills anymore just by people baiting specials and allowing his mystic dispersion and unstoppable to put people in the the corner. Even without blade though, magik handles juggernaut pretty easily.

Third, blade is nowhere near witch level. Witch took literally no skill. Just button mash until you power locked/stun locked the opponent, stack 3 regens kn yourself, and watch your furies/cruelties stack to 5 each before you launch a 40k+ l2. It was a joke.
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    Purveyor wrote: »
    To be fair. Nobody in the current game is as OP as pre 12.0 SW. nobody is even close. Secondly, I think everyone, probably even kabam (privately) thinks the dr strange need was just silly. I have the trinity (2 5/65 and 1 4/55) I would still be using 4 Star pre 12.0 sw over ghost rider in that team.

To be fair, the original post didn't seem to be about Scarlet Witch as much as it seemed to be about the "Perfect Block Synergy". Using Dr. Strange and 2x Scarlet Witch, meant that you had 100% block proficiency provided you had 4 points in the block proficiency mastery. This meant that blocked attacks never damaged your champs. As Scarlet Witch and Dr. Strange were two of the most powerful champs in the game at the time, this was a VERY popular team...especially in Alliance Quest. A team of Black Bolt, Cyclops, and Magneto also shared this synergy, so blocked hits would take zero damage. You could also use Hawkeye and 2x War Machine.

Kabam came out and stated that they reviewed the data and found that too many summoners were taking advantage of this synergy. They claimed that they didn't want to see a "best team" and wanted to encourage using a variety of champs instead of just always picking the same team for every occasion. Kabam then changed the Leadership (block proficiency) synergy made it something else (Perfect Block, I think).

The OP is essentially saying that the existence of a "best team" or "best strategy" was enough to warrant a change a few years ago and feels that there is a new "best team" that doesn't elicit the same reaction from the company.

I'm not saying I agree or disagree with the OP, just clarifying what was written.
  • JakearoundJakearound Posts: 407 ★★★
    I don’t have Blade or Sparky and I just recently pulled a 4* GR but I don’t want ANY attack champ nerfed. PERIOD! With so much BS content in this game the last thing people should be talking about is a nerf to the very champs that help you get through the BS in this game.
  • XxOriginalxXXxOriginalxX Posts: 1,324 ★★★
    Question, would you still want this combo nerfed if you managed to get your hands on a 5* blade? Didn’t think so...it doesn’t matter AW is blade, blade isn’t AW you have to be smart with decent hero defenders as opposed to “great” villains, that’s just how it is
    To be fair. Nobody in the current game is as OP as pre 12.0 SW. nobody is even close. Secondly, I think everyone, probably even kabam (privately) thinks the dr strange need was just silly. I have the trinity (2 5/65 and 1 4/55) I would still be using 4 Star pre 12.0 sw over ghost rider in that team.

To be fair, the original post didn't seem to be about Scarlet Witch as much as it seemed to be about the "Perfect Block Synergy". Using Dr. Strange and 2x Scarlet Witch, meant that you had 100% block proficiency provided you had 4 points in the block proficiency mastery. This meant that blocked attacks never damaged your champs. As Scarlet Witch and Dr. Strange were two of the most powerful champs in the game at the time, this was a VERY popular team...especially in Alliance Quest. A team of Black Bolt, Cyclops, and Magneto also shared this synergy, so blocked hits would take zero damage. You could also use Hawkeye and 2x War Machine.

Kabam came out and stated that they reviewed the data and found that too many summoners were taking advantage of this synergy. They claimed that they didn't want to see a "best team" and wanted to encourage using a variety of champs instead of just always picking the same team for every occasion. Kabam then changed the Leadership (block proficiency) synergy made it something else (Perfect Block, I think).

The OP is essentially saying that the existence of a "best team" or "best strategy" was enough to warrant a change a few years ago and feels that there is a new "best team" that doesn't elicit the same reaction from the company.

I'm not saying I agree or disagree with the OP, just clarifying what was written.

That's it, kabam has made all players focus on the ultimate trinity and again because of the synergy.
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★

None of this is true. Kabam never said we were using those champs too much as a justification for the nerf.

The nerf was because those champs broke the game with how OP they were. The trinity was pretty good in AW for awhile but it's slowly losing traction as the meta changes, and it is definitely not game-breaking OP.
    Shrimkins wrote: »

None of this is true. Kabam never said we were using those champs too much as a justification for the nerf.

The nerf was because those champs broke the game with how OP they were. The trinity was pretty good in AW for awhile but it's slowly losing traction as the meta changes, and it is definitely not game-breaking OP.

I had at the time the perfect blocking team between Dr and Scarlet Witch and I wore on everything, but I was one of the few who wanted to get this synergy, since I only saw everyone using this attack team.
    Shrimkins wrote: »

I had at the time the perfect blocking team between Dr and Scarlet Witch and I wore on everything, but I was one of the few who wanted to get this synergy, since I only saw everyone using this attack team.

correcting: I was one of the few who wanted kabam remove this perfect lock synergy.
  • Stagedear85Stagedear85 Posts: 774 ★★★
    well blade with dorm or meph makes does the same to all mystic champs instead of villains I don't hear any complain about that. most villians or mystic u don't need blade to kills any more, LC does well and also red hulk
  • Animejay70Animejay70 Posts: 400 ★★★
    Uh! Another "nerf Blade" post. so sickening.

I have 4* trinity and need 5* sparky for 5* trinity. I do not take my 4* (or 3*) to war. i do take blade and GR, but my 3rd champ is also for utility. Started using KM now.

Blade is not the answer for everything the way SW with a crit team or the old block proficiency teams were. leave it alone already.
  • tkt546tkt546 Posts: 34
    The reason for 12.0 was that there were 1-3 teams that could beat everything with ease and new content had to be made extremely difficult to make it a challenge for said teams. This however made the new content impossible for anyone without the champs.

The trinity may make some stuff easier, but it isn’t the only answer. There’s now over a dozen “top tier” champs compared to 2-4 as before. There’s always going to be a “best team”, the problem is when there’s only 1 team that is viable.