**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

New 19.0 update phone problems [Merged Threads]

Comments

• tonyj007tonyj007 Posts: 276
    OVERHEATING IS NOT FIXED. I never had any overheating issues. I have an iPhone X top of the line model. Since the update to fix over heating got installed LAST NIGHT. My phone is now over heating. I’m getting tired of fixes causing more problems then they fix.

If you never had any overheating issues., why did you update??
  • roberto94roberto94 Posts: 779 ★★
    @tonyj007
    tonyj007 wrote: »
    OVERHEATING IS NOT FIXED. I never had any overheating issues. I have an iPhone X top of the line model. Since the update to fix over heating got installed LAST NIGHT. My phone is now over heating. I’m getting tired of fixes causing more problems then they fix.

How would he/she supposed to know? It came as sudden surprise for him/her now
  • 7+ ios 11.4.1 seems to be fixed now. Let's talk about compensation.
  • roberto94roberto94 Posts: 779 ★★
    7+ ios 11.4.1 seems to be fixed now. Let's talk about compensation.

Let’s wait with that. Other haven’t got their issues fixed as you can see
  • 1ko1ko Posts: 10
    Still not working as good as it should
  • hope4tghope4tg Posts: 149
    I have been getting a lor of crashes on my galaxy s7 edge lately running android 7. its not like im doing heavy grinding or anything it just crashes in the middle of anything.
    roberto94 wrote: »
    @tonyj007

How would he/she supposed to know? It came as sudden surprise for him/her now

This person also says " I’m getting tired of fixes causing more problems then they fix" .Did this person have a problem before installing the overheating hotfix.. A bit confused , i don't have iPhone X so not sure what IOS is running on device . I have seen post where hotfix worked , and it did not work for some player/members.

Buts its the 1st post i read that says hotfix started this person overheating issue . This person should start a new thread
    1ko wrote: »
    Still not working as good as it should

you must use FORUM BUG REPORT TEMPLATE

what device ,OS, overheating ,lag .What is not working as good as it should???

Until the overheating problem has been resolved for IOS , there is a issue for Android members/players.
    The game should continue to use 30 minute timers, to reduces the risk of damage to device hardware
  • BapoiBapoi Posts: 995 ★★★
    edited July 2018
    Until the overheating problem has been resolved for IOS , there is a issue for Android members/players.
    The game should continue to use 30 minute timers, to reduces the risk of damage to device hardware
    In another thread this was also mentioned..
    Please explain the rationale behind reduced timers to reduce the risk, if it will only allow people to actually play more.. there is no logic in it..
  • Jimmy_Utah83Jimmy_Utah83 Posts: 246
    Phone is still getting hot but not as quick. Before I would get a good 1-2 minutes then have to close the game. Now after 15-20 the game will become laggy and phone gets hot.
  • FixxxFixxx Posts: 234
    Fixxx wrote: »
    Me on iPad Pro 9.7 iOS 11.4.1 - still getting warm but no longer crashing, input delay seems gone

Friend on iPhone 7 iOS 11.2.5 - no longer crashing, he can play now. Hasn't tested intensively though... because he finally lost the habit of playing the game

My friend's alliance had officially imploded. His leader and the core members had gotten tired of waiting--the fix came too late for them

He also reported that his phone still heated up after one match so he closed the game. He is done risking his phone
  • It doesn’t matter what version iPhone any of us have. Bottom line is the overheating problem is still happening. I have an iPhoneX and I can still feel it getting warm after about 8 mind or so.
  • GottYodaGottYoda Posts: 5
    It just takes longer, until the game gets unplayable. I use an iPad Mini 4 and an iPhone X. iOS 11.4.1 on both.
  • DiscountjohnnyDiscountjohnny Posts: 17
    Took my baby steps then did some serious grinding. Still have to switch between devices to do so. Devices arent heating as fast but still getting hotter then previous update 19. Still fearful of hurting my devices hence switching between them. I feel its going in the right direction but not yet bsck to normal.
  • user3948570293458user3948570293458 Posts: 29
    edited July 2018
    I may hear that this isn't related or helpful but I strongly disagree.

Transformers, which is clearly built on the same code base, also is suffering from overheating, although it isn't to the point of crashing my ipad.

MCOC has greatly improved, although I've yet to play all modes in extended times, so this a good sign for me presumably. Others complain it didn't fix the performance issues.

I'd strongly recommend that the same investigation compare both of these games (both developed by the same company) for the same issue(s).
  • DiscountjohnnyDiscountjohnny Posts: 17
    Take back my last post, seemed fine since hotfix last night. Today im over heating again snd fairly fast at that
  • EmWolbEmWolb Posts: 22
    I sent in, so far, two support tickets for this. I’m on 19.0.1 and my iPhone 7 still overheats. I get a canned response from support stating that 19.0.1 solves my overheating problem.

Alas, it doesn’t. Can you please walk over to tech support and slap them for me? They aren’t reading my support tickets and just closing my ticket.

My iPhone 7 still heats up... I’m on 19.0.1
  • EmWolbEmWolb Posts: 22
    Jestr54 wrote: »
    They’ll close this discussion in a bit and tell you there’s an article about it. Seems likes it’s their go to for this issue.

Agreed. They care zero about their player base.

Isn’t that correct @Kabam Wolf?

Why not fix the issue and stop my phone from heating up? It melts ice right by the camera. They stopped it from crashing why not go the whole nine and fix the issue?!!

It’s a simple task: write code and test it prior to releasing it @Kabam Vydious. But @Kabam Zibiit would rather only have Android players and @Kabam Ahab only wants players with new devices to play.

So screw the iPhone 7 users!

And now I’m forced in this dumpster fire of a thread that they stop caring about except for when people call them out for sucking.
  • ralph9898ralph9898 Posts: 10
    There are a few posts discussing almost same issue but I don't know which post to update:
    1. iOS Beta Test - Volunteers Needed.
    2. [iOS] Lag and Performance Investigation
    3. New 19.0 update phone problems [Merged Threads]

I would like to observe and feedback if you need the data for improvement.

iPhone 7+ 11.4.1

In MCOC 19.0, the device would heat up and game performance dropped drastically until the device shut itself down due to overheating, also in combat the characters' movement became sluggish compared to when I just opened MCOC. After MCOC crashing if I didn't force reboot my device, my other apps response were affected too, needed to wait for a significant time to open them. Battery drained rapidly which playing MCOC.

In MCOC 19.0.1, the device would heat up but not as hot as 19.0, also the device wouldn't shut down. But still character movements became sluggish after a while and I observe missing frame/choppy screens. Also in quests, when walking down the path I could see the "Dot" wasn't moving smoothly, rather choppy. Battery still drained rapidly.

@Ad0ra_ Hope you guys are looking into this, appreciate your help. If I observe additional issue, which post should I update?
  • Golden_touch123Golden_touch123 Posts: 1
    My iPhone continues to overheat, even after the latest patch. Sent 2 tickets about this and no real response. Are you really avoiding us Kabam????
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    Well I'm just speechless. While 19.1 was an improvement it's still not even close to a fix. My iPad mini 4 still gets very warm but seems somewhat playable. What's very concerning is it still drains the battery very quickly, faster than can be charged. Took 3 weeks for a very bad fix that does nothing for Android. We've been more than patient, way more than patient, and we still get a bad app and very little communication. Kabam should be asking for feedback but unfortunately they seem to be content with a broken update. Let's be clear the only reason I haven't quit is because of the other people I play with but that will only last so long. Absolutely ridiculous.
  • beyonder8421beyonder8421 Posts: 881 ★★★
    DaMunk wrote: »
    Well I'm just speechless. While 19.1 was an improvement it's still not even close to a fix. My iPad mini 4 still gets very warm but seems somewhat playable. What's very concerning is it still drains the battery very quickly, faster than can be charged. Took 3 weeks for a very bad fix that does nothing for Android. We've been more than patient, way more than patient, and we still get a bad app and very little communication. Kabam should be asking for feedback but unfortunately they seem to be content with a broken update. Let's be clear the only reason I haven't quit is because of the other people I play with but that will only last so long. Absolutely ridiculous.

I am using an iPad Mini 4 as well, i have been practicing against lol red hulk and haven't been experiencing overheating (before, I had a section of the ipad hotter than the rest). I will test on arena.

Someone mentioned before that this is running on the same libraries than transformers, that may be the reason they cannot fix this easily (as it most likely involves different teams).
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    edited July 2018
    On Android the game runs really hot, it drains and stops the battery from charging properly it quadrupled my charge time until I stopped playing and it went back to normal.

It also has frequent network connection issues on your end with some infinite loading screens, crashes and disconnections and much much more.

Not sure why you're letting this go on like this.
  • GriffoplayGriffoplay Posts: 265
    Hi,
    After the release of the update my phone did not overheat as before but it still does.
    Now seems that I can play longer before the overheating and the game is more fluid BUT it still here.

I-phone 6s
    iOS 11.4.1
    with wi-fi and without it
  • SuperFarzSuperFarz Posts: 166
    I feel like it is overheating much faster then before?
  • RAGE2k17RAGE2k17 Posts: 13
    So iPhones are still getting hot but not shutting down , this is for me even worse because when an iPhone shuts down it's like an emergancy exit before something really bad happens to the phone - and now something bad can happen to our phones without even knowing what or when it will happen.

I stopped playing the game and won't play it until they fix it for good.

Don't risk your phones - Kabam won't pay for it , they probably already got their ass covered if that's what they're doing so far.
  • PiiitiPiiiti Posts: 13
    Hello Summoners!

First off, we want to thank you all for your patience as we’ve worked to identify the cause of the issues you have brought to our attention, and extend our gratitude to all of the Summoners that volunteered to Beta test a number of our Beta Releases.

After multiple Beta Releases, we are ready to release a Hotfix for iOS users that have been experiencing issues after the release of 19.0! The Update is now available to download in your App store! Just head to the App store and update the app!

The update should resolve the overheating issue and significantly reduce crashing as well for those on iOS. We are going to continue to monitor the performance of this release over the weekend in order to ensure that it has indeed solved the problems that occured.

Once again, thank you all for your patience!

And what if my phone is still broken due to your shoddy update? I can't even get to the App Store without my phone overheating. You may have fixed the issue in-game, but you still broke my device. How will I get compensation for that???
  • zmpyrraitzmpyrrait Posts: 1
    edited July 2018
    RAGE2k17 wrote: »
    So iPhones are still getting hot but not shutting down , this is for me even worse because when an iPhone shuts down it's like an emergancy exit before something really bad happens to the phone - and now something bad can happen to our phones without even knowing what or when it will happen.

I stopped playing the game and won't play it until they fix it for good.

Don't risk your phones - Kabam won't pay for it , they probably already got their ass covered if that's what they're doing so far.

My phone is still overheating as well... I'm getting tired of this. I'll be at the corner reading a book or something, let me know when you decided to fix this Kabam.
  • Woz22Woz22 Posts: 57
    Has anybody else suffering from this problem as I feel Kabam haven't sorted out this issue if they don't sort out soon I will have to abandon the game as it just causing to much heat on my phone .
This discussion has been closed.