**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

3 T4B in arena milestones?

2»

Comments

• WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    I picked the wrong day to quit arena...
  • Maximus0215Maximus0215 Posts: 128
    The T1A arena also awarded 3 catalyst so I don’t see how this would be a mistake on Kabam’s part.
  • SolswerdSolswerd Posts: 1,860 ★★★★
    edited July 2018
    oops..my bad
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    This is a bug, and not intended. That said, we noticed this last night as well, and think that it's probably better to just leave it for this Arena. We're gonna fix it for the next round though, so if you want the extra Tier 4 Basic Catalysts, get in there while you can!

Awesome thanks Mike!
  • AddyosAddyos Posts: 1,090 ★★★★
    This is a bug, and not intended. That said, we noticed this last night as well, and think that it's probably better to just leave it for this Arena. We're gonna fix it for the next round though, so if you want the extra Tier 4 Basic Catalysts, get in there while you can!

It's a nice bug, actually beneficial to the players. This is one bug I don't mind seeing repeated in the future lol.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    Good call @Kabam Miike . Thank you.

Dr. Zola
  • Ol_BarceOl_Barce Posts: 42
    im sure it will take kabam about 30 minutes to fix this "bug" while we still are having critical issues on our end. Priorities are off as usual.
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    Ol_Barce wrote: »
    im sure it will take kabam about 30 minutes to fix this "bug" while we still are having critical issues on our end. Priorities are off as usual.

Read Miike's post. They are leaving it as is. Thanks @Kabam Miike for doing the right thing here. Even if I am stuck at work and can't run the arena :confused:
  • KarinshiKarinshi Posts: 280 ★★
    "we discovered?" LOL
  • edited July 2018
    Karinshi wrote: »
    "we discovered?" LOL

Yep. At around 8:50 pm PT, a message was sent out by a confused member of the team wondering if this was a visual bug or an error. It didn't take long for us to figure out it was not a visual bug either, but unfortunately we weren't able to get a post up about this until this morning.

That was 8 hours before this thread was started.
  • shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★

This is the way to go, by leaving it and own up the mistake, you earn good PR!
    Better still, you'll win a even bigger crowd if YOU LEAVE the 3RD CATALYST THERE PERMANENTLY as a new release/version.

I'm not asking you to listen to me, but I'm asking you to listen to EVERYONE ELSE, i.e. the rest of the players. It can only be good the MCoC's future. ;)
  • krauserhuntkrauserhunt Posts: 365 ★★
    "we discovered?" LOL

Yep. At around 8:50 pm PT, a message was sent out by a confused member of the team wondering if this was a visual bug or an error. It didn't take long for us to figure out it was not a visual bug either, but unfortunately we weren't able to get a post up about this until this morning.

Thanks @Kabam Miike , we aren't complaining.
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    "we discovered?" LOL
    Damn that burn from miike was worse than the iOS burns people got.
    "we discovered?" LOL

• krauserhuntkrauserhunt Posts: 365 ★★
    Juan3s wrote: »
    I know what farming is, this is not farming. That’s why I think their response will be different. Circumstances are different. Does nobody remember what happened with the gold debacle last year?

I'm not saying this farming, I'm saying hiding behind the fact that it is an extra resource acquired through normal game play is not necessarily a safe thing to assume. Best served to wait to use it till after we get a statement from Kabam.

You can wait and lose out on it.

Kabam will probably say, "We are not taking it back from all who got it, but we'll fix it"
    If its intentional, then great.

How is it loosing out if you claim but don't use till you hear something?

In my 8 months of play, they've NEVER taken anything back.

This is not an exploit per se, it is giving what is shown. The thread you tagged WAS an exploit. it was giving extra rewards where there were none. You can keep it, use it, do what you want. Miike also said that the team will let everyone run the arena and keep it, so there's that.
  • DrenlinDrenlin Posts: 787 ★★★
    I would hold them in storage because if Kabam decides to take them back and you don’t have one available for them to claim they reverse your last rank up and you won’t be reissued the other resources you used to rank that champ. It’s not right but they’ve done it before
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    edited July 2018
    Drenlin wrote: »
    I would hold them in storage because if Kabam decides to take them back and you don’t have one available for them to claim they reverse your last rank up and you won’t be reissued the other resources you used to rank that champ. It’s not right but they’ve done it before

It’s already been confirmed in this thread that it’s ok to use it and there’s been an announcement posted on it as well.
  • It is absolutely mindblowing when people run to the forums in instances like this when something pops up that benefits the playerbase....God forbid

Solid work OP....dummy
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,862 ★★★★★
    It is absolutely mindblowing when people run to the forums in instances like this when something pops up that benefits the playerbase....God forbid

Solid work OP....dummy

@Blackhawkbill you can get banned for using exploits. The OP did the right thing and Kabam is leaving the extra t4B in. You kind of attitude is sickening. If something isnt working as it should, it should be reported regardless if its good or bad that is the only fair thing to do. If Kabam toon advantage of us you'd be mad but yet you can be ok with taking advantage of them? Sorry, not how life works.
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    edited July 2018
    Juan3s wrote: »
    I know what farming is, this is not farming. That’s why I think their response will be different. Circumstances are different. Does nobody remember what happened with the gold debacle last year?

I'm not saying this farming, I'm saying hiding behind the fact that it is an extra resource acquired through normal game play is not necessarily a safe thing to assume. Best served to wait to use it till after we get a statement from Kabam.

You can wait and lose out on it.

Kabam will probably say, "We are not taking it back from all who got it, but we'll fix it"
    If its intentional, then great.

How is it loosing out if you claim but don't use till you hear something?

In my 8 months of play, they've NEVER taken anything back.

This is not an exploit per se, it is giving what is shown. The thread you tagged WAS an exploit. it was giving extra rewards where there were none. You can keep it, use it, do what you want. Miike also said that the team will let everyone run the arena and keep it, so there's that.

In my 3+ years I have seen them do that several times. It's random when they decide to do that and if they cause more harm then good when they do, I've also seem them flip flop on what is an exploit and what isn't in instances like this.

I simply was saying the smart thing to do was hold on to them till we got confirmation one way or another which we did get from Mike that is ok to use them.
  • polverine15polverine15 Posts: 191
    Why not make it permanent? Right now people are lucky to get 2 a week, 1 from AQ and 1 from the arena. Sure we can always buy 1 in the Glory store, but a large portion of people are chasing T2 alphas more than T4 basics.
  • Thecrusher_9756Thecrusher_9756 Posts: 772 ★★★
    Why not make it permanent? Right now people are lucky to get 2 a week, 1 from AQ and 1 from the arena. Sure we can always buy 1 in the Glory store, but a large portion of people are chasing T2 alphas more than T4 basics.

You actually get 2 from arena
  • R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★

Thats to bad, had hoped it was intentional. T1A are finally flowing in with new changes, creating a bigger bottle neck on T4 basic. Not meant to sound as a complaint, but it would have been a nice touch to help things out a bit.
  • KarinshiKarinshi Posts: 280 ★★
    Ok, I'm sorry then.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    R4GE wrote: »

Thats to bad, had hoped it was intentional. T1A are finally flowing in with new changes, creating a bigger bottle neck on T4 basic. Not meant to sound as a complaint, but it would have been a nice touch to help things out a bit.

Personally, I will take whatever T4b I can get. As I said above, it was a good call to let it stand. Not going to gripe about it.

Dr. Zola
  • Demonzfyre wrote: »
    It is absolutely mindblowing when people run to the forums in instances like this when something pops up that benefits the playerbase....God forbid

Solid work OP....dummy

@Blackhawkbill you can get banned for using exploits. The OP did the right thing and Kabam is leaving the extra t4B in. You kind of attitude is sickening. If something isnt working as it should, it should be reported regardless if its good or bad that is the only fair thing to do. If Kabam toon advantage of us you'd be mad but yet you can be ok with taking advantage of them? Sorry, not how life works.

If you think getting awarded ONE extra t4b cat....that is actually listed as part of the rewards, is “taking advantage of Kabam” then I feel sorry for ya bud lol

The **** deals, the bugs, the glitches, the lag, and especially considering the overall horrible gameplay the vast majority have had to deal with over the last few weeks....all of which cost players units, potions, extra boosts, ect. My point being is we as players get taken advantage of almost on a DAILY basis....

And lastly a better example of an exploit is something that can done numerous times granting a player a surplus of a particular in game item and knowingly doing it.....kthxbye