**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

This 5* Featured pool [Merged Threads]

NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
edited July 2018 in General Discussion
Its... Not so great, I'm pretty convinced that for every post asking what's the next pool is Kabam puts in one undesirable champ.
Post edited by Kabam Miike on

Comments

• OnlyOneAboveAllOnlyOneAboveAll Posts: 387 ★★
    Can you guys just remove him from the feature 5 star crystal pool please. That is all! Thanks.
  • AnkalagonnAnkalagonn Posts: 535 ★★
    Falcon, BP CW, and colossus...
  • PureRage13PureRage13 Posts: 164
    It's unacceptable that he and others below are in there. You're paying a premium for this crystal. I understand that other champs need to be in there...but they should be usable champs not bottom tier trash. I was saving shards for this (over 105k now) but I feel like I have a better chance just waiting until this pool of champs is added to the basic 5 star. This sucks bad.

This is shameful:
    Colossus
    Black Panther (Civil War)
    Falcon
    Winter Soldier
    Spider-Man (Miles Morales)
    Loki
    Juggernaut
    Groot
    Vulture
    Iron Patriot
  • VimesVonlipVimesVonlip Posts: 177 ★★
    Can't wait to watch all those crystal opening videos for him.....
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    edited July 2018
    PureRage13 wrote: »
    First pool with any god tier champs in the basic 18, (3 of them by the way). Not to mention there’s domino, iron man infinity war, Corvus Glaive and Cap IW who are all insane champs themselves. Honestly, I don’t think there is a realistic situation for these crystal pools where someone doesn’t complain.

3 god tiers. 3. Compared to the 0 from the previous ones. Smh.

Doesn't matter. You're paying a premium for this crystal. I understand all the pulls can't be god tier or even featured but the other options shouldn't make you feel like you wasted 15000 shards if you pull them. Why can't we have 3 god tiers, the featured and then a pool of 10-15 champs that are pretty good or at least okay.

This this is SHAMEFUL:
    Colossus
    Falcon
    Winter Soldier
    Loki
    Juggernaut
    Groot
    Vulture
    Iron Patriot

You’re paying the premium for a) a smaller pool making it easier to dupe and b) for the chance at featured. Mainly b.

You are not, and it has never been stated that, you are paying a premium for “better” champions. You have interpreted this as such and you are wrong.

If you look at the proportion of the 10k crystal of usable:unusable I estimate the basic would be around 15-20 usable to 100 unusable. This one is 14 usable: 10 shameful. I really hope you can see how much better that is.

There are plenty of things to complain about in this game, I myself complain. But this... this is just ridiculous. If you dont like it, don’t buy it. But don’t complain and say it’s a worse pool or a bad pool, when compared to previous this is easily the best. It is to some extent subjective, but anyone who thinks this list of champions are worse than previous just haven’t been playing the game long enough and don’t understand how the champions work.
  • shortpkershortpker Posts: 72
    The best pool since new featured crystals. You're kidding me if you think otherwise. AA, GR, Magik, Hype as basics? Plus the strong featured? This is amazing.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    God Tier (Offense)= Archangel/Domino/Magik/Ghost Rider/Hyperion
    God Tier (Defense) = IMIW/Wasp/Hyperion
    God Tier Potential = Cap IW/Hela/Corvus Glaive
    Demi-God Tier = Ultron/Psylocke
    Good (Offense) = Vulture/Winter Soldier/Hulk/Loki
    Good (Defense) = BPCW/Miles/Juggernaut
    Not Good = Iron Patriot/Colossus/Falcon/Groot
    First pool with any god tier champs in the basic 18, (3 of them by the way). Not to mention there’s domino, iron man infinity war, Corvus Glaive and Cap IW who are all insane champs themselves. Honestly, I don’t think there is a realistic situation for these crystal pools where someone doesn’t complain.

Doesn't matter. You're paying a premium for this crystal. I understand all the pulls can't be god tier or even featured but the other options shouldn't make you feel like you wasted 15000 shards if you pull them. Why can't we have 3 god tiers, the featured and then a pool of 10-15 champs that are pretty good or at least okay.

This this is SHAMEFUL:
    Colossus
    Falcon
    Winter Soldier
    Loki
    Juggernaut
    Groot
    Vulture
    Iron Patriot

You’re paying the premium for a) a smaller pool making it easier to dupe and b) for the chance at featured. Mainly b.

You are not, and it has never been stated that, you are paying a premium for “better” champions. You have interpreted this as such and you are wrong.

If you look at the proportion of the 10k crystal of usable:unusable I estimate the basic would be around 15-20 usable to 100 unusable. This one is 14 usable: 10 shameful. I really hope you can see how much better that is.

There are plenty of things to complain about in this game, I myself complain. But this... this is just ridiculous. If you dont like it, don’t buy it. But don’t complain and say it’s a worse pool or a bad pool, when compared to previous this is easily the best. It is to some extent subjective, but anyone who thinks this list of champions are worse than previous just haven’t been playing the game long enough and don’t understand how the champions work.

Not sure what planet you live on where the basic crystal has 15 usable to 100 usable champs. There are TONS of usable, situational champs in this game. The new featured literally takes the bottom of the barrel and mixes in some top tier.

I foresee a LOT of complaining once the horrible crystal opening stories start rolling in.
    Add Domino to god tier for defense too
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★

This this is SHAMEFUL:
    Colossus
    Falcon
    Winter Soldier
    Loki
    Juggernaut
    Groot
    Vulture
    Iron Patriot

I have to agree and I’ve felt this way ever since they decided to roll this train wreck out. You’re paying an extra 5,000 shards or half a 5* crystal more. Why should you have to risk trash in this crystal? Doesn’t seem fair. I’ve already accepted the fact I wasted 50k shards on the last batch of featured champs, but this isn’t right. You shouldn’t feel like you want to kill yourself after or declare war on Kabam because you devoted a month of your time just to pull a damn Hulkbuster from this ****. It should at least contain champs you’d use. Even in quests. LC, Karnak, Rulk, Elektra, SIM, Guilly, and Cable are examples of champs that aren’t god tier but not trash. At least they’re usable in most aspects of the game. I’d run (alliance) quests and in some cases war with any one of these champs. But I’m not taking a F’ing Colossus or Groot. No way.
  • LysiszeroLysiszero Posts: 296
    Why do they keep adding the worst year 1 champs to featured crystals. 89% chance for iron patriot, .001% chance at a new champ.
  • allinashesallinashes Posts: 777 ★★★
    It's straight up gambling, and works on the same psychological principles. Many will 'lose' but some will 'win'. I imagine how it would be if I pull Domini, CG and CAIW but I weigh that against the feeling of duping Colossus and IP...again.

This this is SHAMEFUL:
    Colossus
    Falcon
    Winter Soldier
    Loki
    Juggernaut
    Groot
    Vulture
    Iron Patriot

Not sure what planet you live on where the basic crystal has 15 usable to 100 usable champs. There are TONS of usable, situational champs in this game. The new featured literally takes the bottom of the barrel and mixes in some top tier.

I foresee a LOT of complaining once the horrible crystal opening stories start rolling in.

Perhaps you misunderstood what I meant when I said usable. And perhaps I used the wrong word. When I said usable I mean a champ that if I pull I would consider 4/55 and 5/65 them. At my point in the game that’s what I consider usable. Of the basic pool, I would only consider 15-20 usable. Of the 15k I would consider 10-12 potentially usable. To me, proportionally its a no-brainer that the odds are greater to pull a “usable” champ in a pool of 24 than one of ~120

At least this pool HAS top tier. Useless complaints, all of this.
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★

This this is SHAMEFUL:
    Colossus
    Falcon
    Winter Soldier
    Loki
    Juggernaut
    Groot
    Vulture
    Iron Patriot

Perhaps you misunderstood what I meant when I said usable. And perhaps I used the wrong word. When I said usable I mean a champ that if I pull I would consider 4/55 and 5/65 them. At my point in the game that’s what I consider usable. Of the basic pool, I would only consider 15-20 usable. Of the 15k I would consider 10-12 potentially usable. To me, proportionally its a no-brainer that the odds are greater to pull a “usable” champ in a pool of 24 than one of ~120

An yet you engage arguing about it. Hmmm
    Jaffacaked wrote: »

This this is SHAMEFUL:
    Colossus
    Falcon
    Winter Soldier
    Loki
    Juggernaut
    Groot
    Vulture
    Iron Patriot

An yet you engage arguing about it. Hmmm
    Do you have a point?
  • DarthPhalDarthPhal Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    fz85b9vrlfmx.jpeg

Sometimes you get the candy corn. 🤷‍♂️

Personally I never cared for the gambling aspect of the featured crystals either, so I stick to the basics.
    DarthPhal wrote: »
    fz85b9vrlfmx.jpeg

Sometimes you get the candy corn. 🤷‍♂️

Personally I never cared for the gambling aspect of the featured crystals either, so I stick to the basics.

I needed that laugh. Thank you.

Personally, I don't know what to do now with the 105K shards I saved for a good chance at a good version of my favorite childhood comic book character (Iron Man). I have horrible luck in this game and I can already see a Colossus coming my way which ever path I do choose.
  • NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    I still want the old 5* Features to return but that's never happening
    I still want the old 5* Features to return but that's never happening

That would be awesome. At least now players can get 5* signature stone crystals from alliance events rank rewards, that helps increase our 5* champions' signature ability levels since the old 5* featured crystals have been replaced.
    V1PER1987 wrote: »

This this is SHAMEFUL:
    Colossus
    Falcon
    Winter Soldier
    Loki
    Juggernaut
    Groot
    Vulture
    Iron Patriot

I have to agree and I’ve felt this way ever since they decided to roll this train wreck out. You’re paying an extra 5,000 shards or half a 5* crystal more. Why should you have to risk trash in this crystal? Doesn’t seem fair. I’ve already accepted the fact I wasted 50k shards on the last batch of featured champs, but this isn’t right. You shouldn’t feel like you want to kill yourself after or declare war on Kabam because you devoted a month of your time just to pull a damn Hulkbuster from this ****. It should at least contain champs you’d use. Even in quests. LC, Karnak, Rulk, Elektra, SIM, Guilly, and Cable are examples of champs that aren’t god tier but not trash. At least they’re usable in most aspects of the game. I’d run (alliance) quests and in some cases war with any one of these champs. But I’m not taking a F’ing Colossus or Groot. No way.

I much preferred the old system for Featured crystals, but that one had it's flaws as well. The top players typically always got the champ they were after. I can understand the need for a change. And with the last (current) crystal I thought they were going in the right direction.

I would like these crystals a lot better if they just left out the trash options. Replace Colossus with Beast, for example. Beast is not top tier but I don't want to smash my phone after I pull him. Replace Iron Patriot with Rocket. Replace Groot with Black Bolt. I just don't want to sink 105k into having champs that aren't fun to play with nor smart to rank up to even a r3 (eventually).
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,672 ★★★★★
    I'd be thrilled to dupe my winter soldier a few more times. He ain't trash by far
  • NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    Buttehrs wrote: »
    Whoever said winter soldier is a trash champ has obviously never used one lol

He's not trash by any means but also isn't very well perceived by the community.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,672 ★★★★★
    I'm pretty sure the only thing stopping winter soldier from being god tier or semi god tier is some form of regernation lol
    Buttehrs wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure the only thing stopping winter soldier from being god tier or semi god tier is some form of regernation lol

A bit more utility and yeah. If his power drain was more consistent and reliable then yeah I think he would be. Still a very good champ though I think.