**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Is Ranking up a 4 star even Worth it?

With the emergence of 6* Champions, I've noticed it's been easier for me to get 4* crystals, and at times even 5* crystals. (still no 6* though) have 4 stars become the new 3 stars? This is coming from an Uncollected Player. Even though I don't really do the Uncollected challenges. Still way too hard for my 4* team that miraculously finished off Ultron in the last act.

Is Ranking up a 4 star even Worth it? 116 votes

Yes, they're still relevant and worth ranking up
67%
winterthurKenny292LoPrestiAddyosVossler77TendersquadallinashesSpeedbumpcAncAmOTheSchwartzGrafikdevbm3eppsGNASTYJohnyzeroCovenanter77DOKTOROKTOPUSSuperSam57Nemesis666Jdub1250FR33_HUG5 78 votes
Save your T4CC, 4* are irrelevant
32%
JamesMJRock808SaiyanOzzieontmmmbanyasDrenlinPurveyorBENJI830VinshadeVuDahEthans8279Super_Mitch_83PyrocixM1k0rinAKTEKMaximus0215DonnymeijJyotishkaOseus98simolaz 38 votes

Comments

• PokeyJewelPokeyJewel Posts: 4
    4*s are still useful especially if you grind arena.
  • BfgrulzBfgrulz Posts: 1
    No 4*sucks now a days..
  • LoPrestiLoPresti Posts: 1,035 ★★★
    edited July 2018
    Yes and no. For me they are like 3 stars (a.k.a. completely useless), because I have good 5 star champs. But for you (who can't even finish uncollected monthly) then they are most definitely worth it. You have to use the champions that you got (my 5 stars sucked until I 100% Act 5. I had to do it with 4 star champs). Just rank 'enough' so you can get through the content that you want and it will help you gain more 5 star shards, and hopefully you pull good 5 stars soon.

Also, most 6 stars blow 4 stars away just cause they start at such a high rank (equivalent of an almost maxed out 5 star). So if you can get your hands on some 6 stars, then 4 stars will also become worthless.
  • Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    God tier/utility 4* can still have a use when maxed out. But unless they are top of the top, I wouldn't mess with them. Maxed 4* is equivalent to R3 5* if that helps at all.
  • PureRage13PureRage13 Posts: 164
    St333lll wrote: »
    With the emergence of 6* Champions, I've noticed it's been easier for me to get 4* crystals, and at times even 5* crystals. (still no 6* though) have 4 stars become the new 3 stars? This is coming from an Uncollected Player. Even though I don't really do the Uncollected challenges. Still way too hard for my 4* team that miraculously finished off Ultron in the last act.

"Even though I don't really do the Uncollected challenges."

Those and the free crystals are literally the only good thing about being uncollected. You should be taking advantage. Everything else marketed for uncollected players just cost more with shittier odds.
  • BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    It’s definitely worth it. I beat the Collector, Act 5 chapter 3, and this months Uncollected EQ only using 4*s
  • allinashesallinashes Posts: 777 ★★★
    Unless you're super lucky or maybe spend a lot, you will be relying on 4* for quite a while. I have 2 4/55 and 2 6* (yay IF) but they're usually busy in AQ/AW and materials to rank 4 two more, but I'm being selective.

This means that many times my questing is done with 4*. Be selective and only rank god/demigod tiers and they'll stay relevant for a good long while.
  • DRTODRTO Posts: 1,612 ★★★★★
    If a 4* starlord can be used to beat Labryinth of legends, then they will continue to be relevant for a long time.
  • SaiyanSaiyan Posts: 727 ★★★★
    Two things. It depends on where you are in the game AND said champ. I would 5/50 an AA no problem as he'll still be amazing. Plus if you're still on Act 4/5 then they are still worth it.

As for me, I'm "Elder's Bane" so it's not as useful. Specially now that Gold is so damn hard to get.
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    They still have use. Act 5 is possible with them but it is better to use 5*s
  • ASV27ASV27 Posts: 91
    i have 18 4* champs sitting at rank 2. can't waste the t1a on arena fodder.
  • MyselfandiMyselfandi Posts: 165
    It depends where you are in the content. I just hit uncollected couple months ago. Have one r4 5* champ and about 11 5* champs that i will never rank up. I have more than enough attackers so want to bring up defenders for AW which will be 4*s. Content is pretty hard now and if i want to progress higher in act 5 i need 5*s. So i am concentrating on 5*s now. 4*s are like 3*s to me now. I just pop em. Don't even spin them. Have not even gotten my first 6* yet. Not in a rush. My first 6* will be **** anyways
  • DOKTOROKTOPUSDOKTOROKTOPUS Posts: 1,501 ★★★
    are you uncollected? do you have a good 4* team at r5?

all depends
  • TheSchwartzTheSchwartz Posts: 19
    Like most have said it depends where you are in the game and how you play the game. If you do any arena grinding then 4* will be relevant for awhile. I have act 5 completed and still rank 4* from time to time.
  • Zeronaut81Zeronaut81 Posts: 290 ★★
    I think that 4* still have plenty of life. I currently have three 4* 5/50 champs that I’m using to get through chapter 5.2. I am using Dr. voodoo, iceman, & Medusa, all duped. 4* are still viable to me because my 5* luck has been pretty bad. I’d rather try to clear that hard content with those three than with my stellar 5* crew of Iron Patriot, Hulkbuster, Carnage, Mordo, Rogue, & Guillotine. And I like Rogue and Guilly!

I think the main reason that 4* are still a viable option is availability. It’s much easier for a large segment of the game’s population to earn 4* champs. It’s easier to dupe them, increase their Sig levels, and rank them up to a level where they are useful. They don’t require T5b, T2A catalysts, or huge volumes of t4cc. And it’s easier to build a synergy team with them, which seems to be a pretty important aspect of the game going forward. A perfect example is Blade.
  • PyrocixPyrocix Posts: 76
    Past uncollected, Not worth the rankup unless they are champs not yet in the 5* crystal or you have expiring t4cc.
  • ClydaniaClydania Posts: 440 ★★
    * violently laughs *
  • BaddOne67BaddOne67 Posts: 116
    I'm seeing all these post about UNCOLLECTED could someone explain this to me cause I guess I'm not seeing it plus does it do something Special on shards or something???
  • GUARD1ANGUARD1AN Posts: 103
    edited March 2019
    BaddAss67 said:

I'm seeing all these post about UNCOLLECTED could someone explain this to me cause I guess I'm not seeing it plus does it do something Special on shards or something???

First completion of 5.2.6 gets you a special title and access to updated rewards. Look at the story mode milestones in-game for more details.

Arenas alone make 4*s permanently viable, though there are also many videos on youtube of 4*s clearing endgame content. KT1 has done 6 paths of LOL with 4* Aegon, and StarLord got quite a few others through their initial clear.
  • _I__I_ Posts: 306
    I am a player who has 14 crappy 5*.I also believe I won't be able to see any new champs getting pulled. yet I wish to play with the new additions so my best way to do it is to grind at 4* arena that too when they are in basics coz am not that crazy to grind for featured 4* where the no. are too high to be reached within 72hrs if one doesn't want to turn into zombie. so ya 4* are still relevant for me to practise with so that I get a fair idea abt the champions hence ranking up till 3/30 is min. max 40/40.beyond it unless God tier I would forever hesitate to waste my resources on.
  • Blax4everBlax4ever Posts: 683 ★★★
    It really depends on how good you are playing the game.

If you can do ROL with 2* champs, uncollected with 3* champs 100% completion Act 5 with 4* champs, then 4*, 5*, 6* champs aren’t going to hinder your progress but if you need strong champs to complete content then the answer is NO. 4* champs aren’t worth the resources they cost.

• adampooladampool Posts: 2
    4* champs can definitely have value. If you have a 4* awakened starky but no 5* starky then rank him up. but it's just not worth it to rank up a joe fixit or rocket.