**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

This 5* Featured pool [Merged Threads]

2»

Comments

• V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Buttehrs wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure the only thing stopping winter soldier from being god tier or semi god tier is some form of regernation lol

Or having some consistency or dependability with his sig... WS just isn’t a top tier champ. I’d prefer Hawkeye over WS. Better (stronger and more dependable) bleed and power drain. And only needs L1s
  • PureRage13PureRage13 Posts: 164
    khehmist wrote: »
    Its... Not so great, I'm pretty convinced that for every post asking what's the next pool is Kabam puts in one undesirable champ.

By Seatin's list there's a 62% chance of getting something useable from the feature crystal (15 champs out of 24). Compared to 20-30% of a decent champ (depending on your preference) from the basic crystal, you have over double the odds for only 50% more shards.

I expect that this crystal is as good a value as you will ever see from Kabam, I hope they keep it up. I'd like to continue to see no worse than one god tier champ for every garbage tier champ and one demi-god tier champ for every arena fodder champ.

This is a more insightful take. But, I would still be hesitant based on the fact that there is a heightened chance to pull trash champs (bottom tier). I guess one man's trash is another man's treasure.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,681 ★★★★★
    Love mine. Hes sig 95 and carries me through uncollected.
  • NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    My only main gripe is that I feel like there are a little bit to many trash champs.
  • PureRage13PureRage13 Posts: 164
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    Buttehrs wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure the only thing stopping winter soldier from being god tier or semi god tier is some form of regernation lol

Or having some consistency or dependability with his sig... WS just isn’t a top tier champ. I’d prefer Hawkeye over WS. Better (stronger and more dependable) bleed and power drain. And only needs L1s

Agreed. WS is at the top end of Meh. I guess he's better than trash on second thought but definitely not worth putting class cats into. Maybe if I had Killmonger or his awakened ability was way more reliable.

My option to switch him up with...Civil Warrior. Good power control, doesn't require a dup, heal block champ and fun to play. Not anywhere near demi-god, but he's okay.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    edited July 2018
    khehmist wrote: »
    Its... Not so great, I'm pretty convinced that for every post asking what's the next pool is Kabam puts in one undesirable champ.

By Seatin's list there's a 62% chance of getting something useable from the feature crystal (15 champs out of 24). Compared to 20-30% of a decent champ (depending on your preference) from the basic crystal, you have over double the odds for only 50% more shards.

I expect that this crystal is as good a value as you will ever see from Kabam, I hope they keep it up. I'd like to continue to see no worse than one god tier champ for every garbage tier champ and one demi-god tier champ for every arena fodder champ.

In theory, sure. It may seem like you have a better chance to pull a decent champ from featured but according to my sample size (~10 crystals) I got one champ that I would even consider ranking, Rogue, who in my opinion isn’t worth the extra 5k shards. She’s been around for a very long time. So for me 10% of my pulls would be “successful”. Now assuming I got the same champs if I just pulled basics, that’s an extra 5 basic crystals I could’ve pulled. It’s probably safe to assume I’d pull CW, KK, IP, She Hulk, and dupe Spider Gwen, but I could’ve gotten a Blade, SS, GR, Void, Gulk, Killmonger, or even a useable champ like Ultron or Karnak. If even one of those five extra crystals gave me a useable champ it would basically render the featured crystal pointless. Personally I can’t justify the risk anymore. But I’m sure when I’m about to pull a basic I’ll think “maybe I will actually get something good like Corvus this time and it’ll be worth it.” Then I’ll save, pull Colossus, and cuss out Kabam for the next 15 minutes. That’s how they get you. I can’t possibly trust every champ is weighted evenly.
  • TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    It's all a giant **** shoot, no matter what. I see new accounts with 5* AA and Blade from 2 of 2 basics and they are lucky! Me on the other hand, have been getting 5* since late November last year and now have 22 x 5* to date (plus one dupe of Moon Knight in there) and just pulled my first Amazing one today.

All have been the regular crystal, but one, which I got in the Thanos event (realms or whatever it was). That was my only featured and ended up with Agent Venom - boy was I disappointed.

Today though, I was finally blessed with a 5* Gwen Pool from the basic crystal and that was the first time, in a VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY long time of opening 5* that I was actually excited by what I got. I don't spin features because I'm pretty sure to get crud anyway and I don't have much luck with basics either.

Prior to today's 5* GwenPool from the basic, I have pulled 5* :

-Dormammu (good, but can't dupe him and I have already have two Magik's so not going up past R3 unless duped),
    - Magik (good, but can't dupe and have a 4* maxed duped Magik already so is waiting at R2),
    - SL (great if I could dupe him and I have a 4* maxed duped L60 in the meantime so not going up at all until duped but would be happy to take him up then... whenever that might be)

3 others are so-so....

- Red Hulk (my 4% max sig duped regular hulk is better and red hulk is no good on defense. I also got 5* regular Hulk at R3 and needing Dupe too)
    - Psylocke (oh yeah, I got Dorm and 2 better Magik's though so she is pretty useless in this roster)
    - Regular Hulk (he's R3, but needs that dupe and my 4* maxed Hulk crushes this one and Red Hulk right now)

Rest is riddled with She-Hulk, Civil Warrior, Colossus, Hulk Buster and a lot more of those types of characters.

But I truly am happy to finally have that 1, special 5* - Gwen Pool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, and I should have my first 6* next month, but am anticipating the worst. If I get a decent+ 6* for my first pull, I'll be over the moon.
  • OnlyOneAboveAllOnlyOneAboveAll Posts: 387 ★★
    Just remove IRON PATRIOT! That's a low blow even for you guys (Kabam)! That is all! Thanks! 😁😁😁
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    This isn't a bad batch at all but I probably won't go for any. I've bought 20+ of the current featured just hoping for Killmonger, still don't have him...so I'll just stick to the regular after this batch. Hopefully I can pull him that way. I'll always have 4 t2a saved for him..lol.
    That said I'd be very happy with Domino and some others.
  • MongooseSuicideMongooseSuicide Posts: 45

Absolutely bonkers that this is your opinion bro, in my opinion of course.

Like others have said, this is easily, easily the best featured crystal pool we have been offered.

I have 120k in shards saved, pumping LOL hard for cats and those extra 45k shards to throw at this.

I was gonna do a full swing regardless to get new champs as I have the majority of the desired "older" champs, but I am beyond thrilled to see I have a chance at other champs I want to acquire/dupe that are actually considered useful by the community.

I would much rather have 12 terrible champs and 12 awesome champs, then the 6 terrible, 6 bad, 6 ok and 6 awesome pool that we normally get.

Cause in the old pools, thats still 18 champs I'll never use for anything besides arena as opposed to 12.

Simple math, happy customer.

Good one Kabam, keep the pools in this vein.
  • MaidrilMaidril Posts: 288
    Crystal looks good to me. I see no reason to complain. There are about 5 champs that I don’t have as 5* that I believe could benefit myself or my alliance in some aspect of the game. 4 of those 5 are in this crystal lol.
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    God Tier (Offense)= Archangel/Domino/Magik/Ghost Rider/Hyperion
    God Tier (Defense) = IMIW/Wasp/Hyperion
    God Tier Potential = Cap IW/Hela/Corvus Glaive
    Demi-God Tier = Ultron/Psylocke
    Good (Offense) = Vulture/Winter Soldier/Hulk/Loki
    Good (Defense) = BPCW/Miles/Juggernaut
    Not Good = Iron Patriot/Colossus/Falcon/Groot

Pretty accurate there.....
    Best featured crystal so far by along way.....
    The first 12 in that list would be amazing for most people to get.
    Only 2 types of people would complain with any of those.... 1 is those that already have them... the other is the cery soecial kind of people that compalin about everything... you know the same ones that ask for something but then still complain when they get it...