**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Why No Marvel Insider this Month?

IronFist34IronFist34 Posts: 386 ★★
Did I miss where this was explained? Been banned for awhile, so ignored this forum. Didn't know if somewhere Kabam explained why they weren't doing the Insider now points for the Event Quest this month, thanks!

Comments

• RogueKing13RogueKing13 Posts: 188
    Kabam is not responsible for Marvel Insider content or rewards. You would have to ask Marvel that question.
  • IronFist34IronFist34 Posts: 386 ★★
    Kabam is not responsible for Marvel Insider content or rewards. You would have to ask Marvel that question.

Well, I think they can still answer and address why randomly this month doesn't have it, is the main point I was trying to get at.
    You want Kabam to answer why another company did not run a specific promotion? Why don't YOU ask Marvel.
    IronFist34 wrote: »
    You want Kabam to answer why another company did not run a specific promotion? Why don't YOU ask Marvel.

No, I want Kabam to inform their player base that in 8+ months of doing this, why it was cancelled and not doing it for this month. Sure, it's Marvel's issue, but I'm sure Kabam had a conversation with them or something similar, and they should have informed us at some point there won't be one this month, and if it will return or not in future months.

I like you say "No", and then proceed to say DID want them to provide you with an answer.
  • AnkalagonnAnkalagonn Posts: 535 ★★

This. Posting before closing ;)

No, I want Kabam to inform their player base that in 8+ months of doing this, why it was cancelled and not doing it for this month. Sure, it's Marvel's issue, but I'm sure Kabam had a conversation with them or something similar, and they should have informed us at some point there won't be one this month, and if it will return or not in future months.

I like you say "No", and then proceed to say DID want them to provide you with an answer.

Well, why can't Kabam provide an answer to this? This has been here for 7+ months since I've been playing daily, and randomly this month it doesn't exist. I understand this is Marvel's realm, but that doesn't mean Kabam can't inform the player base why this isn't happening this month. I'm sure they speak to each other regarding this partnership..
  • AnkalagonnAnkalagonn Posts: 535 ★★

Well, why can't Kabam provide an answer to this? This has been here for 7+ months since I've been playing daily, and randomly this month it doesn't exist. I understand this is Marvel's realm, but that doesn't mean Kabam can't inform the player base why this isn't happening this month. I'm sure they speak to each other regarding this partnership..

Then you need more tenure boy... There has been some other months on which Marvel Insider didn't happen either like in this month.
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    Kil63 wrote: »
    "Hey, shake machine company, why are the shake machines at McDonald's always down when I go there?"

Exactly! Finally someone I can relate too. I go there like once a month or less and they are always down... How is that even possible? The odds are like next to nothing.
  • Kil63Kil63 Posts: 254 ★★
    Just because the two companies are affiliated, doesn't mean they can or will handle each other's info releases. And considering that Kabam has so.many other issues and developments of their own to work on, they're not going to be concerned about Insider's things.
  • IcsGrecIcsGrec Posts: 919 ★★★

Well, I think they can still answer and address why randomly this month doesn't have it, is the main point I was trying to get at.

They did answer this exact same question posted by someone else a few days ago.
    The answer was something like "We're not responsible for what happens with Marvel Insider. You will have to contact Marvel for that".
    IcsGrec wrote: »

The answer was something like "We're not responsible for what happens with Marvel Insider. You will have to contact Marvel for that".

Ah, thanks for that, and seems like a typical Kabam response lol
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    They really don't have anything to do with each other, they only have a lose promotional partnership in which they advertise for marvel, marvel advertises for them and we get stuff for it and that's it.

They don't control it, they don't know when things are running, they don't know why marvel insider does their stuff and doesn't.

Marvel insider doesn't always run events they take some months off and have definitely taken some off in the past 7+ months and well before that as well and this just happens to be one of their off months but there's still plenty of ways for people to get points.
  • DrenlinDrenlin Posts: 787 ★★★
    This is not the first time marvel insider has skipped a month seems like they run 4 straight then 1 off typically
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    IcsGrec wrote: »

Ah, thanks for that, and seems like a typical Kabam response lol

U seem like you are looking for any excuse to hate on kabam. This has nothing to do with kabam.
    Marvel will decide to do wat they want when they want.

Hey dude why is there no special at your local supermarket???
    U should know you shop there...
    U should have told me they were not gunna have a special....

Lmao.... blame someone for someone elses doing... typical of the attitude of so many backward people these days....
  • DOKTOROKTOPUSDOKTOROKTOPUS Posts: 1,501 ★★★
    Been banned for awhile

after reading half of thes thread, you would be banned soon again lol, stop crying for a 3* wasp
  • JokepoolJokepool Posts: 401
    In with you @IronFist34
    This is a forum. Even if kabam didn't have an answer,some one in the mcoc community could know what going on with marvel inside
    And is not just 3*****,the got good offers sometimes
  • RodsteinRodstein Posts: 207
    @IronFist34 technically they do have one offer this month, but only sdcc related, also i believe the ultimate bundle can still be cashed in if you havent so far, but if the only response you got here for kabam it wouldnt be unreasonable to us as community ask marvel, maybe we will get a response and can share it
  • Rogue42Rogue42 Posts: 1,006 ★★★
    The Marvel Insider thing was never an every month thing. It was usually every other month. Then they did about 5 months in a row. Yay us! But, Insider decided not to do MCOC this month, totally their prerogative. They don’t have to tell Kabam squat as to why. Which is why Kabam will shrug their shoulders and tell you to go ask Marvel.
  • Rich_RyderRich_Ryder Posts: 238
    Did I miss where this was explained? Been banned for awhile, so ignored this forum. Didn't know if somewhere Kabam explained why they weren't doing the Insider now points for the Event Quest this month, thanks!

They said the people in the MCoC forums ask too many redundant, “already answered but people are too lazy to look up” questions so as punishment they are skipping it this month.

It’s probably that and not the fact they were already swamped setting up all the SDCC stuff they did this month
  • RocapRocap Posts: 222
    Not it's absolutely on Kabam, they have ingame notifications and promotions based on this FEATURE of the game. Stop defending the chicken farm when the eggs are spoiled
    Also, MCOC is completely removed from anything in the Marvel Insider database. Smells an awful lot like someone is about to lose their license...
  • TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    Again, they’re not the same company and separate.

@Rocap... not so sure bud.

jcc5qjb7vbhs.png
    p2ayv1ps65oi.png
  • imaginejimimaginejim Posts: 333 ★★

Honestly, this is a collaboration which means either company could answer this. Marvel Insider can't award stuff for MCOC without Kabam's agreement....

• TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    Could you show us the memo from both companies confirming that? You telling us that every company that collaborated with each other knows what the other is doing? Best guess is insider is focused in SDCC and will link up again next month. Who knows though. Ask Insider and see what they say since it’s their website. Anyone who is bothered by this actually try that?
  • imaginejimimaginejim Posts: 333 ★★
    Could you show us the memo from both companies confirming that? You telling us that every company that collaborated with each other knows what the other is doing? Best guess is insider is focused in SDCC and will link up again next month. Who knows though. Ask Insider and see what they say since it’s their website. Anyone who is bothered by this actually try that?

Not sure who this was directed towards, however if it was me, let me explain. Marvel Insider cannot give away MCOC resources and characters if MCOC doesn't agree to it. Yes, MCOC gets their license from Marvel, but there is a symbiotic relationship between the two companies.
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    imaginejim wrote: »

Not sure who this was directed towards, however if it was me, let me explain. Marvel Insider cannot give away MCOC resources and characters if MCOC doesn't agree to it. Yes, MCOC gets their license from Marvel, but there is a symbiotic relationship between the two companies.

Marvel insider is run by marvel. The same company that owns the licensing that is issued to kabam. I would be sure that in the contract it gives marvel the authority to promote the game in anyway they see fit as it is essentially their product being used.
    Yes marvel may well need to tell kabam of what promotions they are planning. But this does not mean that kabam know why marvel do and dont do what they want.
    Also there is a chance they the licensing agreement gives marvel the access to the gamerequired to run these promotions without kabam knowing anything.
    Unlikely but possible.

Either way marvel would be able to run a promotion whenever they see fit. Kabam would have no idea why they are doing things the way they do
    w0zfktzcu62l.png
    Maat1985 wrote: »
    imaginejim wrote: »

Marvel insider is run by marvel. The same company that owns the licensing that is issued to kabam. I would be sure that in the contract it gives marvel the authority to promote the game in anyway they see fit as it is essentially their product being used.
    Yes marvel may well need to tell kabam of what promotions they are planning. But this does not mean that kabam know why marvel do and dont do what they want.
    Also there is a chance they the licensing agreement gives marvel the access to the gamerequired to run these promotions without kabam knowing anything.
    Unlikely but possible.

Either way marvel would be able to run a promotion whenever they see fit. Kabam would have no idea why they are doing things the way they do

Except we know that Kabam does know because we get in game mail about it every month and whenever we complete an event quest. So that argument just doesn't fit. If they don't know because of lack of communication then that's no better, in fact it's worse.
  • Kabam LyraKabam Lyra Posts: 2,936 ★★★
    Hi,

As stated on the Marvel Insider website, the rewards are subject to restrictions and may only be available for a limited time. If you have any more questions about Marvel Insider, please check out the website here.
This discussion has been closed.